Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@magnolia: @Mrs.Lilac: I'll just have to keep eating then to keep the nausea at bay!!!

@busylizzy111: I've heard some people say the faintness of a test doesn't always indicate anything. Some tests are just stronger than others or will just show the line at some darkness, but it's not really an indication of how MUCH HCG is in your system, just that there IS some.

2. Adira

Second Time Moms - how far apart will your babies be??

Xander's currently 13 months, so him and his new sibling will be 22 months apart!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: wow I didn't realize you will have 2 under 2! Tyler is currently 23 months and so they will be just about 31 month apart (2 years, 7 months).

4. Adira

@winniebee: Yes! We always said we wanted them close in age! My ideal would've been for them to be 18 months apart, but I didn't even get my first postpartum period until 9.5 months, so that wasn't happening! I'm just happy to have them less than two years.

5. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

My LO is 2 years 8 months so they will be about 3 years 3 months apart. This morning she saw a Huggies commercial and quickly turned and exclaimed, "momma, that's a baby". I responded with a nod, she then said "you are making me a baby." We talk regularly about how she needs to be careful around momma because I'm growing a baby. I'm anxious to see her interact with the little.

6. Adira

@MamaG: Awww, that's so sweet! I told Xander he was going to have a sibling, but he just looked at me like I was crazy because he has no idea what I'm talking about, haha. It must be fun to be able to interact with your oldest about this!

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

The negative is that she is quite insistent that she's getting a baby sister and her name is Parker. While I would love another daughter I feel like we are heading to boy territory. And even if we do have a girl, I'm afraid Parker isn't on my list of names.

It is exciting and sweet though.

8. Adira

@MamaG: haha, at least Xander won't try to have a say in baby names, unless he wants to name it "da da blah blah blah"

9. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: M is 18 months right now so she will be 26 months when she becomes a big sister. I'm definitely a little scared about having two so young (not as young as some - I know!). It's the same age gap as I have with my sister so I like the idea of that.

10. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

So super embarrassing story last night...

DH was texting w/ a couple trying to make dinner plans this week. They suggested sushi, and DH decided to say "my wife can't have sushi" !!!!!! So of course, the wife was like "Ooo! Congrats!" I went ballistic on DH. I started BAWLING & telling him how I can't believe he said that and that he might as well shout on the rooftop that I'm pregnant b/c that is soooo obvious. And then I went on, between sobs, about how I didn't want people to know, esp cause I'm so fearful of a m/c, and that how can friends find out before his parents even know, etc etc.

I eventually calmed down and said that was probably my crazy hormones... He was just like... He def felt so bad though lol.

11. Adira

@MrsF: Our oldest will be pretty close in age by the time the new ones come around! It'll be interesting to see how they both react to having a new baby in the house!

12. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@snowjewelz: I totally and completely get this. I lost it last night and cried for 30 minutes because I'm nervous my DOG will feel unloved when the baby gets here. I'm only 4 weeks pregnant. Is this normal??? That's sweet your husband was thinking about you but I would have been upset too. Maybe just tell them what's up and say you aren't telling anyone yet.

Has anyone else not expierienced FRERs not getting darker? I SWORE I would not be one of those women... I am. I got my positive test on Saturday. I also got a negative digital that day. Yesterday, I got a positive digital. Today, I tested on a FRER and it's the same as Saturday's. Positive but not nearly as dark as the control.

13. snowjewelz

@MRSJX3: I was being such a brat last night haha. I was like I don't want to go to dinner anymore! We're seeing them tomorrow night... I'll just admit it but say it's very early so we haven't even told some family yet. I think it's completely normal for us to cry/sob/bawl about anything at this point I do think mine originated from a lot of pent up fear during this 1st trimester... Now that I got it all out, hopefully I'll feel better!

The only reason I didn't test more was b/c I only had 4 tests; 2 cheapies, 1 FRER & 1 digital and I don't want to buy new ones just for fun! I think your hormones take time to build up... I would say the digital is probably the most accurate?

14. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

Just left doctor... Here's my little bean... Measuring 1 day ahead.. Saw heartbeat and everything!!

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@sandy: Aww mama's ouchies! That's so cute!!! It's kinda amazing how perceptive kids can be.

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: yay!!! Baby's first picture!

17. snowjewelz

@littlek: Yaaaay~ Congrats mama!! That's awesome!

18. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MRSJX3: I'm worried about my dog too. He's my baby right now and he wakes me up every morning. He's probably gonna be banned from the bed once we have the bb.... But he's also kind of my support system since we got him after my last m/c. I also feel like he knows because he really likes putting his head on my belly lately.

19. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@littlek: Such an amazing pic! What a great feeling. Congrats! Can't believe how cute a little blur can be!!

20. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: my LO is 2 years and 5 months so they will be almost exactly 3 years apart...like 3 years and 3 weeks. If you ask LO what's in mama's belly she days "baby". And at lunch with both sets of grandparents over the weekend she announces "mama is so tired!" DH is in full on nesting mode and is bringing down all the newborn stuff from storage (activity mat, infant car seat, clothes, bathtub, etc) and LO is like "that's baby brother's" so apparently she is set on a boy

21. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: I totally know how you feel. I'm away at the moment and DH wet out for a meal with our closest friends the other day. He was telling me about it and said. "Oh you'll be happy to near that 'x' is pregnant too" I was like, yeah that's amazing. He them proceeded to tell me how they were all discussing how closely pregnant we will be blah blah blah. I was like, erm, does that mean that ALL of them know about me??? Yep, he told them all! Arrrhh. I could have killed him. One, because he told everyone, two, because I would have like to be there when my closest friends find out and three, because they know before most of our family! Silly man!

22. snowjewelz

@magnolia: @MRSJX3: Last time when I had kids over and I was holding a baby for a while, my dog started humping me. And she's a girl I figured she'll just have to suck it up like the rest of us lol!

23. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: Argggh I would've been livid! I feel bad for DH, he def got beaten up by me last night lol. I was like I'm sorry! I blame the hormones! He was like great, you have 9 months to just be nuts and get away with it!

24. littlek

@sandy: @snowjewelz: @magnolia: thanks!!! Definitely feels real now.

25. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@littlek: Beautiful!!!

@magnolia: I'm glad I'm not alone!!! That's so sweet about your dog resting his head on your belly!! I can't stand the idea of our dog not snuggling in bed with us! It's her favorite thing. I hope we don't have to change that. She doesn't shed and is pretty quiet, maybe we can make it work. Granted, she's a huge spoiled brat. So we'll see!

@snowjewelz: That is hilarious about sucking it up like the rest of us!!! I'm going to have to remember that!!!

26. littlek

@Adira: B is 22 months. The age gap be 2.5 years. This of course assumes I don't go early...

27. snowjewelz

@MRSJX3: I gave my dog a lecture... I told her you're not an only child anymore and I expect you to help me w/ the baby, or at least not create more trouble for us lol.

28. Adira

@littlek: What a gorgeous photo of your baby!!!! I'm so jealous you got to get a u/s so early!! Congratulations again!!!

@sandy: Oh my gosh, that is sooo cute!!! And she's at the age where she is going to totally LOVE having a baby sibling I think!!

@Mrs.Lilac: OMG!!! I can't believe your husband did that!!! That would totally be something my husband would do too which is why immediately after I told him I was pregnant I said "And let's wait until after the 12 week ultrasound to tell anyone, okay? Besides my BFF of course - I'm telling her this week." Sorry that happened to you! Though it's sweet he's so excited and wanted to share the news!

@littlek: B was early, right? How early? Are your doctors concerned about you going into labor early again?

29. littlek

Any 2nd time moms looking into getting help? I'm overwhelmed with work, toddler and husband who is always working. I'm thinking about hiring high schooler to help watch B.

30. littlek

@Adira: yep, 6 weeks early. I'm very worried about going early again.

31. Adira

@littlek: Do you mean help for when the baby arrives?

Yikes! Yes, I hope you don't end up delivering early again!

32. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@littlek: Cute lil bean pic.

33. littlek

@Adira: probably both, before and after.
    @AngelicOne: thanks!

34. littlek

@magnolia: awww first pic!

35. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: I think that's a great idea! FX this baby stays in awhile longer!

My parents live super close so I'm hoping they will bd able to help out with LO. I'm thinking of putting her in a 5 day a week morning program but may start with 3 days for a few months and then move up to 5 days a week

36. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: @Adira: yeah I wasn't too pleased but I'm excited he is excited as it took him a while to get on board with ttc. He totally didn't think it was something inappropriate to do! I'm happy his best buddy is going through it too now. That is brilliant. Especially as his friend is soooooo excited to be a dad. Still, telling people at 6 weeks is not ideal!

37. littlek

@sandy: toddlers are so demanding and unfortunately my work doesn't end when I leave the office. I have taken way too many business calls after 6 with a screaming toddler in the background. I wish my family was closer! :).

38. Adira

@littlek: I probably won't hire help just because I don't think we'll be able to afford it. Plus Hubs works a normal 40 hours, so HOPEFULLY it'll all work out...

39. littlek

@Adira: I think if my DH worked better hours we'd be in a better position but he works a TON.

So, I have to go on a business trip to Vegas at beginning of May for a conference. Pretend drink? I didn't want to announce till after 1st trimester.

40. Adira

@littlek: Yeah, having someone who works a lot definitely will make things harder for you!

I would pretend drink! Maybe just go up to the bar by yourself and get a coke or a gingerale with grenadine? And get a straw and stir it like there's something needing to be mixed, haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee