Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: congratulations!! So adorable!

@mediagirl: such a lovely picture. Glad to hear you have a plan for now. Hugs ❤

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

How’s everyone doing?! We got home Sunday and are adjusting to a family of 4!

3. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Doing well so far at home. My mom left Saturday after my brother and SIL came to pick her up and meet the baby. We’re happy to be settling into life as four

Had a couple well checks so far - the day after hospital release to get bilirubin levels checked (were ok, no need to go back to the hospital for phototherapy). And then again yesterday for the one-week check. She only gained an ounce between last week Wednesday and yesterday and the pediatrician would have liked to see more but based on her number of diapers and general health said we could keep our week appt. instead of coming back this week. However LO1 has her own well check today so we’ll get a quick weight check soon and if she’s gained an ounce we’re good. The good news was that her jaundice is gone so we didn’t need another heel prick or labs

My own first PP appt is this afternoon too so it will be nice to see everyone there. It’ll be my first time taking Alice with me solo so that’s a little milestone!

4. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

We’re adjusting pretty well to being a family of 4. But I know as soon as we think we have it figured out something will change lol. Levi is gaining weight like a champ and will soon be out of newborn clothes. Makes me sad how fast they grow. We did some Christmas family photos the other day and I love them.

5. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

How’s everyone doing? Other than being tired 😉. Things are going pretty well here. I feel like Hunter has some reflux 😬 My older son never did but often Hunter will just start crying hard out of no where, swallow a few times (like he spit up but nothing came out) and is a little more fussy than I remember my first being. He also has a lot of gas. I’m currently breastfeeding but not sure we are going to continue down that road. It still hurts, he pinches my nipple and I’ve already been to the lactation consultant. I also struggled last time so I know whatever I decide will be fine!

Hope everyone else is doing well and getting *some* sleep.

6. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

Merry Christmas ladies!

@Christy412: Sorry to hear you're having pain breastfeeding - we have also been struggling - if he isn't latching perfrct it might be causing the gas? I think that's what happened with my first.

We had breastfeeding problems too - Brodie was doing fine but it was absolute agony for me - more painful than labour. We're doing better now after having his tongue tie sniped - they think that it was causing nerve pain due to the compression. Glad it's better but also spent way too much mental energy on breastfeeding and I'm not sure why as I formula fed #1

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: Levi is having some of the same issues you’re describing. We were thinking about starting him on some probiotics to see if it helps.

We’ve been doing good. Made it through Christmas with only one emotional breakdown. I’ve lost 30lbs in 3 weeks. I know most of it is breastfeeding but I also haven’t been eating well 😕. It’s just so hard to fit in any “me” time to even eat. Like I’d rather take a shower than eat.

Sorry to hear some of you are having pain with breastfeeding. I had pain the first week or so but it has subsided. I noticed I wasn’t always drying off my nipple after every feeding (too tired) and it was causing them to become chapped, I also really recommend the hydrogel soothing pads Madela makes.

8. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Hanging in there for us. I remember now how much of a blur these newborn days really are. Endless cycles of diaper/nurse/cuddle/sleep/cry/diaper/etc.

Sleep has been hit or miss but it feels like she's getting longer stretches in the last few days which feels promising sometimes. I think it's mosly just time/luck but I think part of it is also her being able to fill her little tummy a little more at each feeding.
    I mean, she has had some awesome sleep (a few >4hr stretches) and she's had some times when she didn't sleep for >4hr again after the last wake up for whatever reasons. One night she was up from like 1-5 AM because she would get hiccups or have an audible poop just when nodding off over and over
    Like @Emmalina: mentioned, we had more gas issues/pain when she was still getting the hang of her latch. I can also hear her take in air if I'm really engorged or can feel a more forceful letdown. If she doesn't burp after that she will end up super fussy about 30min-1 hour later. Hopefully the gassy little ones will get some relief.

I didn't use them last time but I have some milk savers things for during nursing and have managed to collect like 12 ounces of milk just by wearing one on the non-nursing side during let down a few times a day. I did NOT realize I was leaking that much so if anyone else is similar I highly recomend them.

Hope everyone who celebrates has had a nice Christmas. Monday we had Alice's 2-week checkup and she's gained great weight. 15 ounces since hospital discharge and has passed her birth weight. She took an epic nap for us while LO went to a friends to play and we assembled her big gift play house out in the back yard. In general we had a great Christmas Day at home just the 4 of us. Alice had a long stretch of awake over Christmas Eve night (maybe it was the killer day sleeping?) but that meant once she finally fell asleep at about 5 AM she slept so long that we were able to get up and do presents opening with our older daughter and make breakfast before baby duties. In the afternoon DH took LO out to our friends Christmas open house they do annually and mama got a nap while the baby napped too. That was a pretty glorious and unexpected "present" from them.

9. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

Phew, I've been trying to write something for a few days now...life with a baby and an older kid, huh? Rory is doing well. She still has her various issues but we are maintaining now with doctors appointments more spread out. We go to the ped today for her 2 week appointment (she's 3w1d today but they wanted to give us a break for a while after our whirlwind first 12 days with her). Then in January we go in for her urologist appointment and procedure where they will shoot dye up into her kidneys to see if she has reflux. Finally, her hips are looking better! I am hopeful we dodged that bullet. The ear tag will be dealt with when she's a little older (and figure out where we want to have that done).

She's actually (for now) a great overnight sleeper. She has fussy time from 8pm to about midnight but I'll take that. I found if we walk her around the house it calms her down more than just rocking her in our room. I'm waking every 3-4 hours to feed her but if she won't wake at 3 hours, I go back to bed for an hour - I'm pretty sure she is well past her birth weight but we'll find out for sure today.

Finally, I'm healing but it's hard. I had a good day on Christmas but overdid it so now I am paying for that. I'm living with a heating pad on my belly for now.

10. mediagirl

@Emmalina: I've heard tongue ties can cause serious pain when breastfeeding! I hope it's getting better.

@MrsMom: that's a beautiful photo!! I took some newborn photos of R and they're terrible and all blurry but I was 6 days postpartum and just don't care. I figure I can write that on the back of her announcements "too cheap to pay for a photographer, we send blurry photos"

@lindseykaye: sounds like things are going really well at your home!! Those milk savers are great. I have a little hand pump that suctions onto your breast while you are feeding on the other side. I have gotten a good amount of milk out of that, as well. It's nice to have a little bit of milk stored up already.

@Christy412: the early days of breastfeeding are so hard. Are your breasts injured at all? Have the tips from the LC helped you? With my first LO, I ended up exclusively pumping for a few months until LO got a little bigger and could get her mouth around my nipple better. I hope it's getting better!

11. mediagirl

Our Christmas morning was so sweet with our little new family of 4. I loved it. It was calm and quiet, just what I needed. Then that evening my parents arrived home from their trip and Dad brought with him a terrible cough and cold. So, we couldn't let him near the baby and we all wore masks around him because he's terrible about covering his mouth when he coughs. I made them leave the day after Christmas because I was so stressed out and worried about any of us getting sick. So, my mom ended up not being helpful at all this whole early postpartum period, which really, really sucks. Thankfully my friends stepped up and have been taking our older LO for play dates to give us a bit of a break.

12. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: yes my nipples are definitely a little damaged from my first. I’m done and trying to dry up 😬 it was starting to cause me stress and I just decided it’s not worth it. I also had a big scare when Hunter was nursing and after spit up blood. I think he popped a blood blister. That definitely freaked me out.

My SIL/BIl and kids came on Saturday and brought all kinds of germs. My older son had a fever a few days before Christmas and now has a faucet for a nose and is coughing all over the place. My husband, myself and Hunter all be lucky if we don’t catch it. I might take him to the doctor tomorrow but I’ll have to take both kids. My mom is having a colonoscopy so she can’t help me. Ugh! I hate Winter!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Just checking in! Went to the doctor on Christmas Eve for a weight check and was up to 8lb 0.5oz (birth weight was 7lb 9oz). They have her down as gaining while we we’re in the hospital which has everyone puzzled lol. BFing is a thousand times easier this time. It was so so hard with LO1! Otherwise things are going well... DD1 has been home from daycare this week (they’re closed) so DH has been having little dates with her during the day. She’s over the top with baby - in a good way but we have to remind her to be gentle.

14. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY I'm finding breastfeeding so much easier this time, too. I wonder why that is. The biggest struggle we have is waking her up to eat! She's such a sleepy baby (knock on wood). Glad to hear dh is helping out with LO1!

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

How is everyone doing?!

Had our one month check up yesterday. She’s gained 2 lbs since birth! Also got second hep B shot annnnnd worst night sleep yet. I don’t know if it’s related or what. She’d fall asleep and wake as soon as she was put down. Didn’t get her to sleep until 12:15ish. Then woke at 3. I threw in the towel and put her in the rocker after she wouldn’t go down then because I’m exhausted and feel like a zombie. I hope it wasn’t the shot because she’s getting her two month ones next week at 6 weeks so we can fly the next day. I fear I’ll be awake all night again!

16. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: ugh, sorry about the bad night. I'm surprised your ped is doing 8 week shots early! Mine have always been such sticklers for the timeline. Where are you headed??

I can't wait to get those 8 week shots. We have been out and about so much b/c of our 6 year old (it's Girl Scout cookie time for her) and I'm so hyper vigilant about keeping her from getting sick.

Our latest update:
    She is currently sleeping great, which my breasts hate because she goes so long between feedings. I have an oversupply and I'm hoping it starts to regulate soon b/c it is driving me bonkers.

Saw her urologist last week and he said everything looks stable. We go back in 6 weeks for a re-check and will do so until it resolves itself or if something gets worse, we'll start another course of treatment..

We got her ear tag removed yesterday. That went surprisingly well, now we just need to make sure it heals properly.

Had her hips checked today. Not great news. Radiologist mentioned the harness. I'm mad. We're going in to the ped to have them review and refer us to a ortho as soon as possible.

I wish I could be dwelling on all the "regular" newborn issues but with all her problems, I just don't have mental capacity. I am really not enjoying my maternity leave and it leaves me a little depressed about it all.

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: She’s only doing them early so we can fly. But was adamant that she needs to be at least 6 weeks/42 days old. I hope we’re doing the right thing but getting them a little early... We’re going to AZ (from NY) to see my parents and sister! We’ll come back and DH has one day home before going back to work so that’ll be bittersweet. And a huge adjustment!

Gah on the oversupply! Did you with your oldest? Mine will go long between feedings once or twice during the day (3-4 hours) and I worry it’s going to ruin my supply. Probably just my own paranoia. I’m glad baby is doing well, aside from the ongoing hip concerns. I’m sorry you’re not enjoying your leave. I’m sure the medical appointments just add an extra layer of stress to things. Hopefully they get better for the rest of the time you’re home. ❤

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I just hate taking them for shots, but your trip sounds like it’ll be fun. My DH went back to work last Monday and it was a little adjustment without him. I go back to work in 3 weeks 😕.

@mediagirl: glad to hear the Kidneys are doing ok right now. Sorry about her poor little hips. Hopefully you get better news from the orthopedist. My niece was born with several ear tags and one on her cheek and they healed very nicely once removed.

We’ve had a lot going on lately. I had my postpartum appt the other day and I was pretty proud of myself getting both kids and myself ready and out of the house on time all by myself. First time having to be anywhere on a deadline without my husband helping😆.

We are having a horrible time with DS sleeping. He was always so good at sleeping through the night and now he wakes up 5 times. No matter what we do he won’t stay in bed. Sometimes I don’t hear him get up and I find him downstairs at 4am. We ordered a door alarm for his door so we can hear when he gets up. I’m just at a loss of what to do 🤷‍♀️. I feel like maybe once things go back to semi normal (him back at daycare and me at work) things might get better, but I just don’t know. We are also going t try to put him in tee ball to get some energy out.

Levi is a very relaxed baby. He self soothes and I can feed him until he’s full and lay him down awake for him to fall asleep on his own. So much different than his older brother at this age. Breastfeeding is going good, I’m trying to pump and save for when I go back to work, but I’m always confused on when I should pump. I feel like he has a slow metabolism because he only eats every 3 hrs and at night he goes 5hrs. But he’s gaining weight like crazy. He’s very tall and already in 3month clothes because if his length 😱.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know these first few months always feel like a blur.

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Just sharing a cute pic!

7 weeks yesterday. Got two month shots at 6 weeks and took our first flight. Been visiting my family in AZ with a two hour time difference. Naps haven’t been great but we’re making do (due?). We got a couple 7-8 hour sleep nights which were amazing but it hasn’t stuck. We fly home Tuesday and DH goes back to work Thursday. 😬

20. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: So cute!

Glad to hear updates from everyone! I don't know how I missed the post but it's likely because I have so much less free time, right? Hahaha

I've had topic after topic I've wanted to ask about here or on the boards but I haven't posted...and then by the time I sit down at my computer vs. my phone the question has answered itself or the situation is different since they are growing and changing so fast.

Doing well over here. LO has been pretty challenging so far - thinking she might have reflux, a dairy issue, or even colic. We went home to visit family (our first trip) and she screamed and cried the nearly 3.5 hour drive. I cried too. It was awful. She was also not gaining weight. Like - gaining a few ounces between appointments if that. She was less than 8.5 lb at 7 weeks
    At the advice of our ped we started supplementing formula after each feed and we'll have another weight check next week. I am optimistic because her temperament has changed SO MUCH just in the last several days, I feel incredibly guilty because it seems like all her constant crying and fussiness were just her being hungry

She is the smiling, happy, cooing baby we only had 10-minute glimpses of before. Sleep has improved also with the supplementing but she was already starting to have decent night sleep before that here and there.

Looking at returning to work soon. Likely going back part-time on 2/18 and back full time 3-4 weeks later. It feels like time is going by so incredibly quickly even if the days and nights can feel so long.
    What about everyone else? @LindsayInNY: were you ever able to sort out your frustrating work issue?

21. mediagirl

I'm awake watching Netflix at 3am because poor R is sick and so congested, she's having a hard time sleeping on her back. So, she's asleep on my chest.

Things are going well! We had a few more hip appointments and got the OK from ortho to skip the harness and wait until 6 months for a follow up X-ray. She's a great sleeper (knock on wood). I think her sleep and temperament is good to make up for all of her medical issues!

I haven't introduced bottles yet and I go back in 2 weeks. I'm dreading it. I'm expected at a convention in Las Vegas (I live on the east coast) whne she's 4 months old. I still don't know how I'm going to do that. I don't have enough milk frozen so I need to figure out how to get my husband and baby out there with me!

@lindseykaye: oh that sounds so tough! I hope things have gotten better with supplementing!

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Todays my first day back to work. Lots of crying last night and this morning leaving him. I'v been really stressed about if I have enough milk supply because I don't really know how much he drinks at a time. I only pumped when he would skip a feeding or I felt too full so I have odd amounts saved up. Luckily my work has a room set up where I can pump and it is set up to where I can work at the same time (if i choose to), so I've been pumping every 2 hrs.

So far my day hasn't been too bad and I've only called my mom twice to check on the kids.

@mediagirl: I'm sorry your little one is sick! Hopefully she gets better soon! I didn't introduce a bottle until a few days ago and I only fed him 1 ounce, just to test how he would be with the bottle. He did fine, but I was told today he was a little reluctant to take the bottle but eventually did fine.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

23. mediagirl

@MrsMom: is your mom going to watch the kids full time? How are you doing with pumping? How are the evenings when you get home? I have a feeling ours are going to be a shit-show.

I go back a week from tomorrow and am dreading it. It's been a nice treat being home. I'm afraid of the stress when I go back because the baby's fussy time starts right when I would typically be getting home. And I'm sure by then, my husband (sahd) will be D.O.N.E and want me to take her...oh and I make our meals, too. So....I can't wait.

Everyone is thankfully healthy again. Last week was HARD. Right now I'm on my computer in the baby's room because the baby is asleep in my room....

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: My mom is watching them most of the time and I have a sitter for when she works (only 8 days a month). Pumping at work is getting better. The first week I was very stressed and anxious about it so I started writing down how much I was pumping and how much he was eating while I was at work. It really helped me to see that I WAS pumping a few ounces more than hes drinking a day, which helped me to relax a "Little". It's pretty rough when I get home because i'm trying to put away everything from the day and get stuff prepared for the next day. Levi wants to nurse a lot once I get home but I'm also trying to pay enough attention to DS1. I still haven't found the right system, but hopefully things will get better as time gos on. I'm in charge of drop off and pickup because I work local and DH commutes. We've been eating take out a lot for dinner because I just can't seem to work in cooking meals right now. I know I will get it together eventually, but I'm still trying to figure things out with two kids, work & household chores.

DH helps out a lot when he can, but of course he got a stomach bug my first week back to work. So I've been keeping him away from Levi and I've been sanitizing the whole house every night before bed.

Levi seems to sleep pretty good at night, but the past two nights he's been a little restless in bed. He keeps Turing himself sideways in his bassinet and getting mad because he's all bunched up LOL. DH wants to move him into his crib in the next room but I don't feel ready for him to be away from me at night.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

How's everyone doing?!?

26. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hi!!

Things are going just wonderfully over here. Alice is such a chill, sweet baby. Her first couple months were really rough (colic/reflux and feeding issues) but after that got sorted out she became so happy and easygoing. She is a great little sleeper which is nothing like her older sister was.

We've settled into life with two pretty well. I think we don't get out as much as we probably would with just DD1 but it's also been summer in Florida and I just do not want to deal with a sweaty baby who can't wear mosquito repellant yet.

School is about to start here for DD1 (first grade) and we are off to visit my parents in TN in a few days so my dad will get to meet the baby for the first time DH is also potentially returning to work full time *fingers crossed* after being a SAHD for the past 2 years so that will definitely be a bit of a transition. It's so bittersweet.

I can't believe these babies are all 7-8 months old now! How are solids going for everyone? Anyone have a crawler?
    In just the last month Alice has started giggling, sitting unassisted, waving, and got her two bottom teeth. I'm going to blink and she'll be 1... so not ready!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: OMG I think Piper got eaten by mosquitoes over the weekend! She has all these red bumps on her arms. No where else though. DD1 also got some nasty bites. It wasn't until I googled that I realized you can't use DEET on kids under 2 anyways. I don't know what I'm going to do if we want to eat outside with her again!

Piper is so so close to crawling! No teeth yet, getting there with solids (because I'm lazy and BFing is just easy lol). We recently sleep trained so now she's STTN which is amazing. And she's just the sweetest, chillest little baby! Big sister adores her and is often over the top with her but gets the most giggles out of her too. She's on Instagram with her hair (haha): http://www.instagram.com/PipersMane

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: OMG her hair!!! That is the best ever. Alice finally turned blonde but still doesn't have much hair. One little tailfeather "floop" as we call it in the back sticks up and you can see it on the monitor while she's sleeping haha.

Big sister also gets the best laughs out of her. She was the first and only person to make her laugh for so long. I've gotten a couple giggles, and she's made herself laugh once or twice while playing or splashing in the tub. Poor Daddy hasn't gotten any yet I don't think!

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: My oldest was bald until 2! It's blonde and curly now. When dry it's maybe shoulder thing? So different!

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

We're adjusting to having Two pretty well. It's crazy how everything seems so much easier with the second than it did with my first. Levi is almost 8 months and is a very chill baby. He's pretty quiet but squeals whenever his older brother comes around. He seems to have the observant personality where he will just quietly watch then try to copy things. He has two bottom teeth and working on a top one. He crawls crazy fast and climbs EVERYTHING. I found him on the 2nd step of the stairs one day.......needless to say all the baby gates are out now. He pulls himself up on the coffee table but hasn't quite figured out how to get back down without falling. Food has been a battle, He's EBF and for the longest time would lock his lips shut if I even tried to feed him. He's starting to at least try to eat, but will only take a few bites then he's done.

DS1 starts TK on the 12th so its going to be a big change on our bedtime & morning routine. School starts at 7:30 and right now he doesn't even go to the sitter until 8:30ish. so we will see how Levi take the changes, Hopefully it doesn't mess him up too bad.

I've been on the fence about quitting breastfeeding. I just feel stressed all the time about producing enough. But I feel guilty about stopping since I breastfed my first until he was 15-16 months and feel like I have to do the same. We also have a lot going on so I struggle with if it would actually be easier to quit or not. Like is it easier to just breastfeed or make a bottle? I always feel anxious when I have to feed in public. DS1 has been doing swimming lessons everyday and I dread having to breastfeed while we're there so I just try to hold Levi off. And in October Tee Ball starts for DS1, So lots of dirt because it's always windy where I live and Levi wont nurse well if there's a lot of commotion. I just feel at war with myself.

@LindsayInNY: OMG she is just the cutest!! And that hair is amazing! It's so crazy how different yet similar the baby's are from their older siblings.

@lindseykaye: Big brother and our cat get the best laughs from Levi. And he's a BIG daddy's boy so dad gets all the laughs. I on the other hand have to work pretty hard to get a laugh out. But I do get the best cuddles.

31. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: I stopped BFing in May sometime I think. My supply was getting lower and lower and she was starting to just get super angry when I tried to feed her vs. giving her a bottle so it was counterproductive. There was a lot of guilt on my part but once I made the decision I felt a lot better about all of it. Bottle/formula feeding is turning out to be really easy for us which I didn't expect since I also exclusively BF'd my older daughter till she was about 15 months. It's expensive, but it's saved my sanity this time around.

32. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: That's kind of where I'm at. I mean so far I am still producing enough (as long as I drink enough water) But it's just so stressful. I was hoping he would start eating more food so I wouldn't have to stress as much, but that doesn't seem to be the case. DS1 ate like a champ starting at 5 months, so maybe that's why I was able to BF so long? DS1 also liked to use me as a pacifier so I had a ton of milk all the time. But Levi doesn't like to nurse if nothings coming out LOL, He will literally unlatch right after it stops and pop his pacifier in his mouth.
    How much formula do you go through in a week, if you don't mind me asking? and how did you transition?

33. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Baby girl drinks big bottles (5-6 oz) which is different (again) from her sister who only ever took 4 oz of BM at a time.

So, each day she's getting around 25-30 oz of formula. She's also kind of slow to solids so she's not really decreased her bottles yet. We use Enfamil NeuroPro and go through a refill bag every 4-5 days.. I think! I kind of have been avoiding looking at how much exactly it's costing us.
    Though, we do try to stock up when it's on sale at the grocery store and use the Enfamil coupons that come in the mail.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: Formula bottles are larger in quantity than BM

35. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: I had no idea! Thanks this helps me feel better about it, I was really worried for a while that we were over feeding her but with her early weight gain issues I have never wanted to hold back if she was drinking them well. There are still some bottles I think she'd drink more of after 6 ounces, but she is content and happy afterward so I haven't bumped up any further.

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: Yeah I don't know the science behind it but explains why BM babies don't usually increase size of bottles but formula babies do as they get older. I think there's also a general maximum amount they should have per day?

37. mediagirl

Hiii everyone! It has been crazy over here. I am super busy at work but it's crazy at home, too.

R is doing so well. She is sitting unassisted (but not putting herself into a sitting position yet), up on all fours and rocking, eating everything in sight and still breastfeeding. She also has some nights of sttn. She's a really good baby. She smiles all the time and absolutely obsessed with her big sister and the dog.

She has been to Las Vegas, a NC beach and the ER (ha). She's going to Austin with us next week, NJ and NY in September and October. Vegas, Austin, NJ and NY are work trips for me. I'm still breastfeeding and it's just too long for me to be away from her. The ER visit was when she was just 4 months old and wasn't breathing well - she needed a steroid and a breathing treatment.

We've been monitoring her hips since birth. A month ago, she got fitted for a rhino brace She wears it at night and during naps. I also wear her as much as possible to encourage healthy hip position. We go in for a follow-up ultrasound when she's 1 to see if it's getting better. It's a pretty mild case so we're hopeful! But, the brace threw a wrench into her sleep (she was sttn and started waking 4 times a night because she couldn't roll over). She's adapted and now she's getting there with sttn. We moved her to her own room b/c I really like being in my bedroom after 6:30pm...

38. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: good luck to your husband! What's his field? My husband is a sahd now and is amazing at the job. I think he wishes he could stay home forever.
    @LindsayInNY: her hair is amazing! I love that you created an IG account for her.
    @MrsMom: you have a crawler already!! My motto is, if it isn't working, try something else (for the feedings). Go formula if it's going to save your sanity!

39. mediagirl

What are all the babies eating - if they are eating?

Rory has eaten so many things, she really loves food. Her favorites so far have been oatmeal, shrimp, peaches and spaghetti. She went to town on her spaghetti last night, I didn't even have to help!

We do a combo of spoon feeding and BLW.

40. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: Wow, She's going to so many places! We did a road trip from California to Oklahoma around July 4th. It was pretty crazy, but he did really well with the traveling. I have a work girls trip in October to Vegas overnight and I'm pretty nervous about leaving him.
    I'm glad to hear she's getting used to her brace. It must have been so frustrating at first.
    Levi started army crawling and siting himself up while on our roadtrip. He hasn't stopped since, He just wants to go go go all the time.
    Right now Levi is eating Sweet potato's and Peas. I tried pears but he just made funny faces LOL. We tried noodles on the tray and he just spits it out right away.

@LindsayInNY: That makes a lot of sense.
    @lindseykaye: Thanks for the information, I'm going to really start thinking about it and discuss with my husband some more.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee