Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: How great your husband loves the SAHD life! Mine does too, and it makes so many things about day-to-day life so easy... it's a tough call for him to go back. This opportunity is really great plus the other reasons (like money! lol) . His field is higher ed administration. He previously worked for his alma mater in mostly registrar/student affairs roles at various colleges throughout the university. This position is within his own former college and positions him to work with undergrad students which he is excited about.

As for food we've been doing solids at dinner - mostly purees mixed with cereal to make them thicker since she likes that better. Plus some puffs and rice teethers which she loves. We are exploring some more BLW foods but so far those are mostly for touch and exploring than actually eating as far as she's concerned. Sweet potato, green beans, pumpkin, banana, peas, pears (but I reserve those since they make her poop) are all popular with her. I gave her some mushed up avocado several times but the last two times I did she threw up in her crib overnight so I'm going to hold back on that from now on. Last night was a steamed broccoli floret that she held, waved around, and threw off her tray a few times along with some finely diced chicken. She is getting the hang of her straw cup, but she will keep it in her hands/mouth for the whole dinner unless I moderate it so she can actually have food hahaha

2. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@lindseykaye: That sounds like an amazing opportunity for your husband!! I hope he gets it.

I just gave her the straw cup for the first time yesterday, she really enjoyed holding it and trying to get water out. It's fun to watch. Pears make her poop, huh?

R had a rough night last night. She's just now starting to have big "real" poops and I think they're hurting her. She woke 3 times screaming bloody murder. When we wiped her, she also screamed. She had big, soft poops we had to plop out each time. It's so sad!

3. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: The difficult pooping has happened to us a few times and it's one reason we are trying to give her water with solids more frequently since I think that is supposed to help. Same with the pears

And thank you for the good thoughts! He's at his in-person interview right now!

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Glad she's doing so well! When are you headed to NY?!

@mrsmom: What a nice road trip! How long did it take?

We're kinda lazy on the solids front. We started casually around 6 months but she still seemed only minimally interested. She's 7.5 months now and it's ramped up. Daycare feeds her mostly so that when I get home at night I only have to worry about feeding the 4 year old. We just added a second meal and upped the amount to almost 4oz jars/pouches? I tried yogurt melts and puffs recently which she liked. And I try to give her table food where possible but that's a work in progress. I forget how big or small things should be this time around. And her pooping has definitely taken a hit since adding solids.

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: We were hauling a horse trailer so we did two days there, explored Oklahoma for a day, then two days back, about 10-12hrs each day. We were taking my moms horse to be breed and bringing another horse back to Cali., so we couldn't do too much, but we were still able to take in some sights along the way and took a lot of pictures of Levi's first road-trip. I think going through Texas was my favorite, but I live in a very dry part of California and was definitely not used to the humidity in Oklahoma.
    We've also bee a little lazy with the solids, but he hasn't really been interested.

We've tried some puffs as well and he seemed only slightly interested. He's very interested in his brothers straw cup, maybe I should get him one to try. What kind of straw cups are you all trying?

@lindseykaye: Hopefully his interview went well. It'll be an exciting change i'm sure.

6. mediagirl

@MrsMom: We use the Zoli bot. It's the best. We had this one for M too.

7. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Happy first birthdays to all these little ones!
    Did you guys celebrate the big day (or will you if you had a late December baby)? We had a party at home with friends and family earlier this month. She loved her first taste of cake!
    She’s cruising and standing briefly, crawls SO fast, eats like a champ, and is drinking whole milk. Loves snuggles, toys that make music and noise, taking ornaments off the tree, her binkies and lovey, and her favorite food is any kind of berry.

Happy Holidays to you all

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: So cute! She's so blonde!!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Piper turned 1 last week! We had a Winter ONEderland birthday party for her earlier in the month.

She's not yet walking. Cruising on anything and everything. Occasionally letting go and turning to us. We got a step or two out of that but that's been it. She's a super fast crawler! Still the absolute sweetest little baby. She's truly the best baby. We're in the process of weaning our daytime BFing and moving to cow's milk (which she's been doing great with!). Keeping morning and bedtime nursing for the time being. She loves to eat too! And girlfriend has so sooo much hair!!!

10. mediagirl

We also had a winter onederland party! Rory is crawling and pulling up on furniture. She eats everything we give her and is on whole milk. Finding a cup she likes has been tricky, though. She makes lots of sounds and has Dada but doesn't use it often.

Her hips will be rechecked in January, hoping for a positive outcome from this bracing. Her kidneys are doing better. She has diastasis recti and doesn't have a very strong core. Not sure what's going to happen with that, wait and see right now.

She's a big ol fuss pot right now. Not sure if it's teeth or what but all she does is whine unless she's eating or being held!

11. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: @mediagirl: Look at your beautiful girls!! Love the parties, and the sweet photos. They are all so big

And yes, my surprise darker-haired newborn turned into a super blondie like her sister was. I kind of figured she'd lighten up since we are all blondes around here but it was faster than I expected!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee