As some of you may know, B was recently tested for environmental and food allergies based on what we thought was a reaction to my friends dog.

Since our insurance covered testing for food allergens too, we went ahead for curiosities sake.

Our doctors called today, and apparently he is mildly allergic to egg whites!
She told us to avoid them and then get him retested in 6 mo to a year. She also prescribed an epipen just in case.

I haven't noticed a reaction, and have fed him scrambled eggs once, and several items containing egg...including French toast this morning.

Obviously we will comply and avoid egg altogether. I read that most children grow out of it by age 5.

Anyone else's LO have an egg allergy? How did you handle it? What sort of reaction did he they have?