Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: @WALLAROO: i've been craving MEAT. i just think about pulled pork, steak, and hamburgers like all day long. haha

2. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@Emilie: are you avoiding anything with runny eggs? I was just thinking how much food I enjoy that may be made with runny eggs, like tartar sauce, caesar dressing or mayo. I got medium poached eggs at brunch this weekend. It was a *smidge* runny, but I figured, moderation is key

3. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@photojane: OMG pulled pork! Now I need that for lunch

4. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@Mrs. Lantern - yep, going to be avoiding anything with runny eggs - even hollandaise sauce has some in it apparently, so eggs benedict is definitely out!

I'm already going to be stretching the shellfish in moderation rules a bit (I eat it ALL of the time normally), so I should probably be strict about the no raw egg rules.

5. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@Emilie: I already miss runny eggs and sushi

6. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@photojane: Meat! Baby needs iron

7. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

It's the weirdest thing, but I REALLY don't want meat. Especially chicken -- it grosses me out right now. Good thing my prenatal has 100% RDV of iron.

8. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@WALLAROO: YES sushi for sure

9. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

Another thing I miss is a good glass of red wine after a long day at work

10. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@wallaroo @ladyfingers - ahhh... yes sushi! just on Tuesday, I attended this small "thank you" party for helping out with a charity event, and they had tons of amazing sushi - I could only eat the eel and the california rolls =(

11. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

Yeah, actually you know what else I miss? Excedrin.

12. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@WALLAROO: @ladyfingers: My prenatal has tons of iron. I can't imagine I'd need more!

13. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@photojane: @WALLAROO: My prenatal has iron in there too, but to my surprise, my bloodwork shows that I have slight iron deficiency! I'm not sure why as I eat lots of leafy greens and meats. I can't seem to find an iron supplement anywhere either.

Ohh the sushi! Don't remind me of the sushi! I miss sashimi and negitori rolls.

14. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

Hi all!

EDD: February 15, 2012
    How far along?: 5 weeks
    How long TTC: about 7 months
    First child?: yes!
    Any feeling about boy/girl: nope!
    First doctor's appointment: June 19
    How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: I was surprised to have symptoms like cramping and light spotting from 9DPO. I tested 12DPO and got a faint line positive but I was nervous so I didn't say anything to my husband and tested again 14DPO and got a positive. Now my breasts are very swollen and heavy and tender. I have insanely dark blue veins very visible from my shoulders to my hips. I have that slightly crampy, full feeling in my lower abdomen. I feel super tired and not very hungry. I am so excited but also very nervous and I need to stop googling every little thing!
    Who have you told?: We've told our parents and my brother.

15. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@jerricabenton - welcome!!

16. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: hm... i guess they'll do the same blood work at my first appointment. i was attributing my extreme fatigue to baby, but maybe i need more iron..?

@JerricaBenton: congrats and welcome! i wish i was not hungry -- i want that symptom! i'm tired and VERY hungry.

17. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@JerricaBenton: welcome and congrats feb mama! DH and I also took a good number of months to get preggers, and it's such a great feeling when it finally happens

18. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@JerricaBenton: Congrats and welcome! And yes, stop Googling (I say, as I Google every little thing)

19. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

Thanks ladies

20. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emilie: Ugh, I'm going to miss soft cheese and sushi
    @JerricaBenton: Congrats! We have a really close EDD! It's our first too
    @ladyfingers: I predict at some point my DH will cut me off from googling.

21. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@MrsH: DH is just as bad as, if not worse than, me. The doctor already commented on it lol.

22. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

Hi ladies, how are you all feeling this week?

They weren't kidding about week 6! Preggers symptoms are coming in now, and I have nausea, super tender breasts and my skin is breaking out like a teenager!

Does time feel like it's passing by incredibly slow for you guys too?

@MrsH: @ladyfingers: I am the most addictive googler, and every symptom was googled way too much. But since DH started reading "what to expect when you're expecting", I now go to Dr. DH instead of Dr. Google. It's honestly done wonders for my stress levels.

23. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: YES, time is dragging!

24. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: agreed about the symptoms. MS has set in altho mine is random throughout the day or like last night when I was trying to go to bed. I haven't actually thrown up yet but have come pretty darn close on several occasions. Yuck. And my skin is a wreck! I've always had bad skin but it was under control thanks to years of derm appts and meds and now it's like all that hard work is down the tubes.

On a positive note I have my 1st Dr's appt tonight! I'm nervous!

25. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Same with me and the MS, I threw up once last week at work but since then I've just been super nauseous at random times. I thought I was going to throw up a couple of times this morning while getting ready for work! And same with my skin, I can't use my great Differin gel anymore and this week has been horrible with the pimples

GL on your dr's appointment!! Don't be nervous, it's exciting!

26. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: Thank you! It seems like alot of bees have been getting ultrasounds for the heartbeat and i dont know if my Dr does that so I'm just anxious for some reassurance that everything is going good in there. I too am queen of the googling. My hubby is always yelling at me but I can't help it. I'm a control freak and not having ANY control of this is hard. So instead I like to stay well informed.

Have you heard of any skin stuff being okay for pregnancy? I was gonna make an appt with my derm and see what he could do for me if anything. I guess I'm gonna have to invest in a good foundation in the meantime. Although my big issue right now is my neck and that's hard to cover up. Boo.

27. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I think it's for insurance purposes, our doctor does the heartbeat ultrasound as a way to confirm my pregnancy -- when I went at 5.5 weeks, before it was possible to have a heartbeat, I wasn't considered pregnant yet. After we saw it last week, I'm now officially considered pregnant and am on my prenatal payment schedule. I think all doctors are different, and you can certainly request it!

I use my morning clindamycin gel, but it's almost like putting water on my face. It just doesn't work like the good, contraindicated stuff does I've heard bad things about salicylic acid and any retinol, obviously. Benzoyl peroxide may be a nono too (but me having cystic acne, it doesn't do anything whatsoever). But I think mycins are fine.

I've been spending my time trying to research good face washes, scrubs, masks -- anything I can use that is safe but maybe will make my skin look nicer, even if it's pricier. I hate my acne when it blossoms and I want to feel pretty even if it costs me for now

Let me know if you find a good foundation, I also have oil slick skin so everything slides off of me.

28. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: i didn't know that about some insurances. Interesting.... Will do about the foundation. Im oily too. I did treat myself and bought the Clarisonic Mia 2 with the acne head and that seems to help. I also have cystic acne on my neck and that's tough to treat without meds but atleast the brush helps with cell turnover.

29. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I hear mixed things about the Mia but I might have to cave and give it a try!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Hi ladies! I got my BFP last Friday and I'm still really nervous because its still so, so early, but I figured you guys can help me stay positive

EDD: February 27, 2013

How far along?: 3 weeks, 5 days

How long TTC: 4.5 months/ 3 cycles

First child?: yes!

Any feeling about boy/girl: not yet!

First doctor's appointment: I'm going in this week (no appointment needed) to confirm and then the office will have me make an appointment.

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: I didn't feel ANY different during the TWW, so I was shocked to see a BFP at 9 dpo! Since Saturday, I've had this light burning sensation in my stomach and today I'm just a little crampy and bloated. My sense of smell is also a lot more sensitive and I'm more tired than normal.

Who have you told?: I told my sister and we told DH's parents last night.

31. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@lilteacherbee: Congrats!! The first few days of finding out was so exciting and overwhelming. So glad to have you join us

@Phillybaby2013: Hope your appointment goes well tonight! Keep us posted.

@Phillybaby2013: @ladyfingers: I've been using a 5% benzyl peroxide to spot treat. Most research points to it being safe (including the american pregnancy site), and as long as I don't go crazy with it, I think it should be ok.

32. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: Good to know, thanks!

33. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@lilteacherbee: I hear ya, I got my BFP at 10 and then 11 dpo, and I was a nervous wreck! Congrats!

34. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@lilteacherbee: Congrats and welcome

35. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

As I posted in an earlier thread today, we had our first appointment today and had an unscheduled ultrasound and found out we are having twins! New due date is Feb 9. Aside from the shock, I am still feeling ok. Some nausea but not full blown MS. I was able to run 8 miles yesterday albeit VERY slow. DH and I have a half marathon planned for this weekend which I plan on running slowly and cautiously. DH said he will run it with me instead of trying to PR because he wants to make sure we are ok :).

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: @ladyfingers: Thanks! I'm so excited to be in this group!

@WALLAROO: Thank you and congrats on your twins that's amazing!

37. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@WALLAROO: congrats again! what a wonderful surprise!

Ladies...how are your appetites lately? I haven't been terribly hungry and can't eat much without feeling nauseous. To top it off, I really want sushi. Great, lol.

38. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@lilteacherbee: welcome to the club and congrats!!!

@WALLAROO: TWINS!! How exciting. Congratulations!

I had my first appt last night and it was pretty uneventful. Just did a regular exam like my yearly. But I told her about my early on spotting and she ordered an ultrasound! I just scheduled it for this Thursday! I'm super siked to see my Lil bean. (maybe it will be 2 like Wallaroo! My gmom was a twin so it's possible!) I also got scripts for blood work and for the sequential screening for 12 weeks. Anyone else doing this/not doing it? It sounds a little scary but I think I would rather be informed than not. IDK.

39. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: I am so effing exhausted I can barely stand it. Or stand up, for that matter. I was asleep by 8 p.m. last night! I dread having to do things after work. I only threw up once last week but I've been nauseous most days randomly. Lots of stuff doesn't sound very good to me (salads, anything spicy or creamy, vegetables unfortunately). I've been eating a lot of pasta and soup. Oh but of course I'm starving all the time. What's up with that? Otherwise, I'm pretty excited because the spotting stopped finally on Sunday, yay! We have another ultrasound on Thursday to check on baby after last week's spotting episode. 7w2d today!

40. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I have my vaginal exam and get my scripts for blood and the NT scan on Thursday. I know the scan is controversial, but I'm going to be 32 when I deliver so they recommended it. We're the same way, we'd rather know than not know.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee