Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

Does anybody feel like they're showing yet? Last night, I felt soooo big! Even DH was like, no really, there's something going on there, that is not just bloat. But then this morning I seemed to go back down to normal. I know it's too early, just curious what others are experiencing!

2. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

I can't see any difference yet, except I feel like my lower stomach is hard when I touch it. I can still suck in my stomach but not like I could before. I'm also having a really hard time finding comfortable positions to sleep in so there has to be some change in the distribution of weight going on!

3. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@ladyfingers: Thanks for commiserating It helps to know that others are going through similar feelings. I feel like I'm bigger than I actually look. I definitely have a pooch now though and like @JerricaBenton: my lower stomach is starting to feel hard.

4. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@ladyfingers: i think everyone is different in how early/how much they show. i was "round" before, but my tummy has definitely popped out more at the bottom. from what i've read, women usually start showing a little between 8 and 9 weeks. it's probably not enough for people you don't know to start rubbing your belly, but there's usually a definite difference in the shape of your belly by that point.

5. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@photojane: oh, I know, I was just curious!

6. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@ladyfingers: well, you said it was too early, so i didn't want you to think you're just getting soft in the middle!

7. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@photojane: LOL well I'm sure it's some of that too actually I keep weighing myself and I'm holding steady so it's gotta be a growing uterus, right?

8. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@WALLAROO: that was one of the reasons why I wanted one at first bc i felt like at 9 weeks my symptoms went away but of course they came back just maybe in a different way. I have to admit it is cool to put the probe there for a second and be like hey baby you sound good in there and go about your business. It is so hard to wait for appointments to get a thumbs up. Not that I'm trying to persuade you to get one but im happy with it.

@ladyfingers: i definitely feel like my pooch is bigger but like I said before I'm chubby so i dont know if I just didn't pay that much attention before to how far my stomach stuck out or not. I wear scrubs and at work today I completely exhaled in the bathroom mirror and checked out my profile and you would have thought I had a legit bump. I just thought this is bad. What's gonna happen when I actually do have a bump? Is my existing fat gonna disperse somewhere or just hang out on top of my baby bump? I'm gonna imagine that I will be enormous. Whatever not much I can do about it now... There's no crash dieting like before the wedding to shed those extra couple pounds.

9. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

I definitely have a little pooch! It's crazy because last time I didn't need to unbutton my pant button until after 15 weeks and even then no one could really tell. This time my grandmother called me out at like 6 weeks!

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I have a little pooch too (I previously posted about how a coworker who knows I'm pregnant said I'm getting fat). I always have somewhat of a pooch though because I had abdominal surgeries as a child and my stomach never gets completely flat because of the scars. Maybe I'm just noticing it more now, who knows...

I told 2 of my best friends Tuesday night and they were so excited!! We were at a restaurant known for its alcohol and even though none of us are big drinkers, one of my friends were like "so who is gonna have a drink?!" I said, casually, "Well, I'm not...because I'm pregnant!" They freaked out and it was so sweet!

11. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

Well I finally cracked and bought some maternity clothes. I had an Old Navy coupon so I bought two pairs of maternity jeans, three maternity shirts, a pair of fold-over yoga pants for bumming around, and two regular shirts that are just more blousy. And a pool coverup for a trip we're taking next month. The total was under $150! They have 20% off with a coupon or 30% off if you use your Old Navy card, FYI.

Why don't they make maternity jeans for normal people? I was seriously in heaven. No buttons? No zippers? Amazing! Even with my Be Band, the buttons on my jeans are just killing me by lunchtime.

12. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@lilteacherbee: That's so cute! My coworker totally called me out yesterday. She IM'ed me, "I need to ask you something, I'm coming over." And I was like, oh crap. She's like, "This is none of my business, but are you pregnant?" I couldn't keep a straight face and totally told confessed. She was so excited, she said she guessed a while ago because I had been complaining that none of my pants fit me and that she was like, "I don't get it, it's not like the girl eats whoppers all the time or anything." And then she realized I hadn't drank coffee in a while so she put two and two together lol. She was like, "For what it's worth, you look really good!" It was really sweet.

13. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

Hi Ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

No major symptoms. Last week DH made a roast chicken (which I usually love) and I couldn't even stand the smell, let alone eat it. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good.

Have you guys started telling more people that you are pregnant?

At this point we have told our immediate family, a few close friends, and my mentor at work.

14. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@WALLAROO: I still have the chicken aversion too...just the thought of it makes me nauseous, even though most of my morning sickness is gone *knock on wood*

We have told both sets of parents and I've told two of my close coworkers. We plan to tell close friends at 12 weeks, and the rest of our friends at 14 weeks!

I had my first midwife appointment last week, and loved it. We spent over an hour talking, and I've never felt so cared for by a medical practitioner. We are going for genetic testing next week.

Hope you ladies are doing well! We are about 2/3 or closer to end of first trimester! What are you looking forward to?

15. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

glad everyone's doing well. most of us our approaching the end of the first trimester -- whoooo! just a couple weeks!

my sickness is mostly gone, which i'm partially grateful for and partially freaked out about. i went to being sick 95% of the day to about 5% of the day. i hated being sick, but it made me feel like things were moving along. i never thought i'd say this, but i kind of want it back.

we made an announcement and posted it on facebook after our 8 week ultrasound. everyone was super excited. we have our nt scan next friday, and i'm so excited to see a more baby-looking baby this time.

@Mrs. Lantern: SO glad you love your midwife. that's so important. my practice is ob's and midwives, and while we're having an ob for the birth, we get to have a few midwife appointments. i'm excited to get a different point of view and their insight!

anyone thinking of finding out the gender early?!

16. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

I'm feeling pretty good the last few days - my nausea seems to only bother me right when I wake up and then again before bed now. I've been having some heartburn and sciatica pain though. I had an ultrasound yesterday and saw the baby moving! I swear the baby waved so that was pretty exciting. I wasn't expecting to be able to see that yet.

We've only told immediate family and a few close friends. I'm not big on FB announcements (for myself!) so I figure I'll call other friends who aren't in the area after 14 weeks and everyone we see will probably be guessing soon! I definitely feel like I see more of a belly this week! I don't think we'll opt to find out gender early. I think I can wait!

Also, does anyone feel like they are so pushy in maternity stores? I just wanted to look around for a belly band but the women accost you the second you walk in. It makes me so nervous!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I'm 8 weeks and its starting to feel more "real" now. I'm nauseous but its usually only bad in the evenings. I'm glad its not awful in the morning (yet) because my job involves little kids aka not much down time. Its bad enough being exhausted at work!

We go in for our first ultrasound a week from today and I'm getting really excited! I've been counting down the days for what seems like forever since I made the appointment a few days after our BFP.

At this point, my family knows (plus my mom's extended family, not my dad's though) and DH's family knows. We originally were gonna wait until the ultrasound to tell everyone other than parents/my sister, but DH's dad got so excited and told sooo many people (like at his job/church/his siblings). Other than that, I've told a few close friends.

I don't think we'll be finding out the gender early just because my best friend found out at 15 weeks and it ended up being wrong (she found out she was having a girl at 18 weeks instead of a boy). Oh, and she's due to have her baby any day now. I'm super excited! She's DH's cousin's wife, so our kids will be cousins too

18. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

Hi ladies! I have been posting a little on the March 2013 board, and after today's sonogram the official due date is February 28. I think that means I can straddle the boards! I am 7 weeks, 6 days and nausea hasn't been as bad the past few days...I think the worst time for me is the middle of the night when I wake up hungry/nauseous. I hope that goes away!

@photojane: I know what you mean about how it's nice to not be nauseous, but less scary when you are--when I feel like puking, it seems like a good sign! I will be really glad when the first tri is over.

19. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

hi everyone!!

glad to hear that everyone is doing well
    Today is 10 weeks and 3 days, I'm going in for an appointment with my OB on Friday. Since I haven't seen the baby on an ultrasound since around 7 weeks, I'm really hoping that I can request that they do one on Friday!

Otherwise, I'd have to wait until July 31st when they do the 12 week ultrasound for genetic testing/down syndrome.

We've only told immediate family so far - but we're going to be seeing a lot of friends this weekend, and I feel like I've been trying to hide my little baby bump in baggy clothes the last couple of times that I saw them!! Once I wear gym clothes or anything more form fitting, I think it's super obvious that I'm preggers =P I think that if we get to see the baby on an ultrasound on Friday, I'd be comfortable telling a few close friends this weekend at nearly 11 weeks.

Overall, feeling less tired these days than a couple of weeks ago, and nausea is very random - maybe 5 minutes once a week where I really feel like I'm going to hurl. Oh, and brushing my tongue is SO hard after brushing my teeth - my gag reflex is super sensitive!! hahaha, anyone else??

20. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@JerricaBenton: Ohhhh, that is so fun! We have our NT scan next Thursday, I can't wait! Last time we saw the little bean, it just looked like a tiny blob. I had to go to the OB this morning for a suspected bladder infection and we took a quick listen for the heartbeat, which was awesome because we hadn't seen anything since 7 weeks! I hate the long periods of time between appointments. So glad to hear him or her thumping away!

@Emilie: YES on the gag reflex! I can barely brush my teeth at night, it's awfffulll. And I know what you mean about trying to hide the bump, we still have 7 days until we "go live" with the news and I feel like I can barely wear anything in my closet right now. And I have to make sure my shirts are all long enough to cover my maternity jean panels!

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Hey guys, 8w6d and I'm going in for my first appointment/ultrasound today! I'm super nervous, but really excited!! I'll be sure to update tonight when I get home

22. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@lilteacherbee: yay! it's so, so exciting. can't wait to hear all about it.

23. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@lilteacherbee: GL!

24. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@lilteacherbee: Let us know how it goes!

Just got back from a great long weekend at the lake with our friends. We had to tell our good friends that we are pregnant with twins because my belly would be obvious in a bikini, not drinking, and certain food aversions. They were excited and happy for us. I was worried that it would be weird to be the only one not drinking all weekend but it was totally fine and we had a blast. Now back to the real world.

25. momentspassslow

olive / 55 posts

Hey Everyone! I haven't had a chance to read through all of these but I finally "came out" on the internet so I figured I should join in with my fellow February Birthday Twins!! Here's my info:

EDD: Feb 3, 2012

How far along?: 12 weeks 2 days (though I am measuring about 2 days ahead of that, but I am sticking with my original due date.)

How long TTC: Not long at all! AKA you *can* get pregnant just one time!

First child?: Second! Our first was born August 2011 - so the babies will be about 17 months apart. As you can see above this wasn't 100% planned though we did hope to have them close together, but more like 2 years, oh well - we we were shocked at first but ready and rearing to go now!

Any feeling about boy/girl: I am thinking girl. I had some horrible breakouts which I did not have with my son and also had just a bit of nausea which I also had none of with my son. And the heart rate has been super high so I'm thinking girl!

First doctor's appointment: Have had a bunch including 2 ultrasounds, but now I have to wait until the end of August for my next one. I forgot how long the waits are for the first few months.

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: Tired!! But I think that is compounded by following around my running (yes running!) 11 month old and also working part time while my husband travels for work often so it's usually just ME on duty!! Other then that I'm surprised at how my belly has already popped SO much earlier then with the first. (Although I still had a little leftover from #1 when I got pregnant with #2!)

Who have you told?: Everyone! Well almost everyone. We were not really secretive about this one as we were with the first. We had a very early ultrasound and have had two more since and basically everyone except Facebook knows! So all of our close family and friends. I'm waiting on the big (annoying) facebook announcement since it's our second it just doesn't feel like the same!

Is anyone else here on #2? I'd love to answer any and all questions!! I'm no expert but I have been there done that!

26. Clementine

persimmon / 1329 posts

just wanted to congrats all those feb mommies! i was there a year ago, so i kinda feel a distant kinship!

27. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@lilteacherbee: so exciting! have a good appointment!

@momentspassslow: welcome and congrats! it's great to have someone who's been through this join our group!

@WALLAROO: sounds like a lovely weekend. did you tell them or did they guess? I'm telling close friends soon, and wondering if I should just blurt out, "I'm pregnant!" So creative, I know. LOL

@Clementine: thanks for the congrats and dropping by!

28. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@momentspassslow: Congrats, we're due date twins!

29. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@lilteacherbee: good luck!

@momentspassslow: welcome to the club!

So I'm 12 weeks today and when we first found out I told our parents that today was the day they could tell the rest of our family the news... I talked to my dad and he called my whole family this morning and I was kind of apprehensive about it. I get my NT scan on Monday and I've already had a good early ultrasound and i listen to the heart beat almost daily just for a second. There's no reason for me to be worried at this point but I still am. My mom said I should be bursting to tell people. But I feel like I'm not ready. I plan on putting something on FB once I get good pictures next week and that will cover my work people, friends and whatever family my dad didn't get too. I dont want to tell people at work individually. Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy? I'm extremely excited about this baby but it's so hard to let go when there's still so much more to come.

30. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@momentspassslow - congrats and welcome to the board! I think most of us are first time moms, so it's awesome to have you join us as the very knowledgeable one! haha

@wallaroo - a nice relaxing weekend at the lake sounds awesome. I'm heading to Martha's Vineyard this weekend with some close friends, so because of the same reasons as you - I told a lot of them already last weekend at another get together. Everyone is so excited, especially though my friends who are already parents. They want everyone to have kids asap!!

Today is 11 weeks and 2 days, and we were able to see the baby on an ultrasound last Friday and hear the heartbeat. It was so cute and actually looked like a gummy bear! the baby had four little round things for the hands and the feet, and the hands and feet were moving on the screen

31. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I don't think it's crazy to be worried/apprehensive about telling people, although I'm several weeks earlier than you. Every time I hear about something going wrong with someone else, I get a little freaked! I have a friend who is due in October that says it gets better once you can feel the baby kicking. I think I will always kind of worry a little bit, but that's not going to help!

32. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Not crazy at all! We unexpectedly got to hear the heartbeat last week when I went in for an unscheduled visit, and I'm still worried that we've told so many people (6 friends, our parents, and 3 people at work -- we cannot keep a secret!). But I'm still bursting to tell everybody, especially now that I'm getting bigger. I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow and we don't have our NT scan until Thursday so I'm going to be dying inside the whole time!!

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Well. Not a great appointment. They did 3 ultrasounds and no heartbeat. The baby measured 9 weeks (what I am, basically), but there's no sign of a heartbeat. Apparently, there was fluid around the heart region.

Everything hurts, just sucks. I know my OB personally (I had her daughter in my preschool class) and that really helps. She has been so helpful. I'm having a D&C tomorrow. I don't know what else to say. I think it sucks worse to see DH so heartbroken,

I wish you ladies the absolute best, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you all have healthy, beautiful babies I don't know what I'd do without HB.

34. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@lilteacherbee: I am so so sorry to hear the news That is devastating. Give yourself time to heal. Glad you have a supportive OB to help you through this. You are in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

35. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm so sorry to hear about your appointment and for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts.

36. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

It was nice meeting you ladies but I won't be on this board anymore. We went to the ER Sunday night - baby didn't have a heartbeat

@lilteacherbee : I had my d&c today. So I"m in the same boat. Sorry Hun. Feel free to post on my wall if you want to chat.

37. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@lilteacherbee: oh hun I'm so sorry for you and DH. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I dont know what else I can say that will help but it sounds like you have a good support system to lean on.

38. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@lilteacherbee: I just happened to drop in and see this. I am so SO sorry. I will be thinking of you.

39. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@lilteacherbee: i'm so, so sorry. you're in my thoughts and prayers tonight. i know we're just cyber friends, but we're all here for you if you need someone to talk to -- i'm sure it can be difficult to talk about IRL. HUGS.

@MrsH: i'm so sorry you had to go through this. you're in my thoughts and prayers, too.

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: @WALLAROO: @Phillybaby2013: @Andrea: @photojane: Thank you girls so much its so tough, but I knew when I got the news today that I'd have a lot of support. Y'all are awesome.

@MrsH: Gosh, that totally sucks. I'm so sorry. I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions. I'm really scared.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee