Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Yayy! So happy for you. How many weeks are you now?

@tionn3: I just googled pelvic rest and it apparently just means don't have sex. Sorry sister. Glad the advice nurse thinks everything is okay though.

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I'm 8 weeks 1 day. My EDD should be updated to Feb. 25.

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: Great news! So glad everything is progressing as it should =]

4. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Yeah it's basically nothing in the vagina. She said pelvic rest for only 1 week, but I think I'm just going to do pelvic rest till the 12 week appointment. 2.5 weeks till my 12 week appointment.

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Oh that's great, baby looks so big on the u/s! I'll be 9w2d on Wed. when I (hopefully) get my next one.

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I stayed on pelvic rest until the SCH was resolved when I had it in my second pregnancy (that was around 12 weeks). I think we'll be doing the same this time since I've had bleeding...even though the doctor didn't see an SCH today. I think I only need to see pink after sex once to scare me off of doing it again... And DH isn't fully convinced I shouldn't be on complete bedrest, so it's not hard to convince him we should take a break.

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Oh, the Dr. was just really zoomed in

He measured a cyst I have after that image and apologized and zoomed back out. It looked massive, but had actually shrunk a little.

8. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

We did this in my Oct 2014 group to get to know one another better and it was a lot of fun. Play along if you like!

1. How far along today?
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick?
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out?
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most?
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first?

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Sounds fun!

1. How far along today? 9 weeks
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? I guess I would pick February 19 (my EDD) - but ask me again when I'm as big as a house. With twins I'm just concerned about them not coming too early. Also that will be the 8th anniversary of DH's and my first date so it's kind of sweet. February 10 would be cool too - that's the anniversary of the day we met.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Gut feeling - two girls. I think we're going to wait to find out though because I don't want only pink clothing from family & friends, haha, and I'm not great at keeping my own secrets (meaning the last 5 weeks have been excruciating!)
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? Hmm, I have no comment on this yet as I haven't had to wear maternity clothes before. However I am looking forward to being more pregnant in the fall/winter since my preferred look is layers and I think wearing leggings and a dress every day is gonna be a great and comfy pregnancy look!
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? Oh dear, I have no idea. Should I be researching already? LOL! Probably car seats and a double stroller.

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

1. How far along today? 8w, 1 d
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? I guess the due date? Feb. 25. I just want to carry this one to term. I'm sure as I get more pregnant I'll be more ready for it to be over, but I also would hate to deliver on one of my previous baby's due dates (end of Jan/Beginning of Feb)
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Statistically speaking, I'm thinking boy. But I thought that last time and it was a girl.
    ETA: But we will find out in about 3 weeks!
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I hate regular jeans, but love maternity jeans. But hate how they don't stay up that well. I'm not sure I've ever met maternity clothes I didn't love...
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? Maybe car seats? Because of our history, we're pretty lax on buying things. I have a few things in a registry from a past pregnancy. But nothing will be purchased until close to the third trimester I'm sure.

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

1. How far along today? 9 weeks 4 days
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? I think I really like my delivery date so I'm gonna stick with 2/15
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? I think it is a girl, and we are definitely going to find out!
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I'm not really sure yet, I think I hate the patterns and bows...I really like jersey dresses, tunics, and skinny jeans.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? A stroller!!! I think I already have one picked out =]

12. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

1. How far along today? 11w3d
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? I like even numbers so I would either stick to my due date of 2/2 or go to 2/8 because both of my other children were born on the 8th.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? DH says boy, I'm thinking girl. We will find out.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I'm with @MaryM on the maternity jeans. I splurged on a couple of designer pairs for my last pregnancy and I can't wait to wear them again! I also love leggings and pregnancy is a good reason to wear them all the time.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? I've been looking into infant car seats as the one we used for my son and daughter is expiring so we need a new one. I've also looked into video monitors as we need a new one of those too. I don't plan on buying much this time around though as we kept everything we had from the previous two.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I guess leggings would be the one thing I'm not a fan of, but I'm not a fan of them not pregnant either. I just don't think anyone has to see that much detail of my ass

14. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: haha! I don't actually wear them out unless I'm pregnant, and then it's only with a dress or long shirt/sweater over them. I prefer jeans ad am so happy to be able to wear fall/winter clothes for this pregnancy. My others went through the summer (Aug and Oct) and it was mainly too hot for jeans.

15. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

1. How far along today? 11 w, 1 d
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? February 1. Still a Feb baby, but as far away from my birthday as possible (February 9)
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Gut feeling is that it's a boy. We might find out! We kept it a surprise for our first, but I kind of want to find out this time around.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I never really wear form fitting clothes since I have never had a flat belly, so I like to wear maternity clothes that are a little tighter since it's cute if your belly is sticking out! I am also looking forward to maternity leggings and long cardigans in the fall.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? Hmmmm...nothing? Maybe dock a tot? My son is only 2 and all of our stuff is gender neutral so I feel like we have most of what we need!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: yay!! So glad things look good!

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: LOL! I really only wear them with a dress, skirt or long shirt. Unless I'm just hanging around the house, that is. Then all bets are off, of course!

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

1. How far along today?
    9w 1d

2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick?
    Based on LMP, my due date is 2/18, but based on ovulation, it's 2/16, so I think I'll say 2/16

3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out?
    I'm not sure!! With my son, I was convinced it was a boy, and I was right, but I have no idea this time. Probably another boy, since my husband is one of three boys We will find out at the anatomy scan

4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most?
    I'm really hating anything pressing up against my abdomen right now, even the low-panel maternity pants, so I've been liking dresses. Will love jeans and leggings plus sweaters and long shirts in the fall.

5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first?
    We won't need too much, but we will need a new infant car seat, and a couple other little things here and there. I do want to buy a couple new clothes, even if it's another boy, just because I want the new baby to have a few special things all their own.

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Any other updates?

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2)
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/10: Honeydew (#2), skate13 (#1)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2)
    2/25: MaryM
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1), petitenoisette (#2)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2)
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2)

Appointments

7/18: honeydew
    7/19: dominobee, Ergggg
    7/21: Bushelandapeck (u/s)
    7/24: DCrumlish29
    7/25: DesertDreams88
    7/26: DCrumlish29
    7/29: Lazypanda, CatchAFallingStar
    7/31: skiierchck99, MaryM
    8/1: jodyblair
    8/3: Theotherstark
    8/4: Tionn3
    8/8: Bushelandapeck
    8/11: Theotherstark (NT)
    9/5: Bushelandapeck

20. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: so glad hear had a great appointment!

@Tionn3: sorry they wouldn't get you appointment but it does sound like it was just from the sex!

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: I definitely feel huge already. I don't know if it's the second (third) pregnancy, or just me eating constantly to keep the nausea away or what, but I already look pregnant. And I'm only just 9 weeks. Haha.

22. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@petitenoisette: I think it was most likely from the sex too. Considering that it happened immediately afterwards too...like...immediately. It is just so hard not to worry...but I'm adding baby items to my amazon wish list to distract myself for the next 2.5 weeks =P

23. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

1. How far along today? 8 weeks 1 day if you go by LMP.
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Well my due date is one day after my daughter's birthday-yikes! so I guess I gotta hope I go like at least a couple days late. So I'll say march 1st (this is actually my due date if you take into account my longer cycle but the same thing happened last time and they didn't change my due date. I ended up giving birth 2 days late).
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? I have no clue. We'll find out at the anatomy scan. Last time we found out under not great circumstances (genetic test showed possible turners which meant she was a girl!) so I am looking forward to hopefully finding out under my joyful circumstances.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? First I'm psyched to be due the same exact time as my first bc I will be able to re wear everything. Loved my leggings and I have this one striped form-fitting dress that I love.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? We don't need anything except a new baby monitor. I broke my first one and we only have an audio one. Hopefully my sister will be able to give us their double stroller but I don't think we'll buy one in advance if she can't.

24. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: I also feel big already, even though I've lost a few lbs.

But, since the NP measured my cyst last week, I know it measures 10+ weeks, so I'm essentially pregnant with twins in early pregnancy. It's not surprising I feel puffy!

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM @theotherstark: I'm wearing a baby doll style dress today and feel like I look pregnant. I've always had a bit of a belly though so people will probably just think I'm going through an extra chubby phase. Based on my googling, twin moms tend to start showing around 10 weeks. I'm 9w1d today so I guess I'm just a bit ahead of the curve! I initially lost about 3 lb but have since gained it back.

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I've lost a few lbs as well. But my pants that were lose a month and a half ago are tight. I'm just trying to stick to my flowier shirts. But I don't have a ton of work clothes...so I think people will notice before too long.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Ugh. Speaking of tight pants...I went to Gap.com to see if they had the pants I LOVED last pregnancy (wide leg trousers with a demi panel. I loved them so much, I wore them out wearing them even after I was pregnancy). They barely have any with a demi panel anymore...

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: bummer! I have to go through my old maternity stuff and find my work pants. I think I have two or three pairs of those from Gap too!

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: I also had full panel ones, but I didn't feel like they stayed up as well as the demi ones. I'm really hippy...so I have to be really pregnant for my belly to be big enough to hold up pants that are large enough for my hips.

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

1. How far along today? 8.5-9 weeks.... I disagree with my OB's dating

2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Feb 20, after a 3 day weekend. It's my due date based on ovulation, too.

3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? I have no clue. I keep think boy bc LO1 was boy so it's my default, but I am a lot more sick, so maybe girl? We will hopefully find out during early August due to NIPT.

4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I will probably spend my entire last 2 months in dresses, leggings, and mocassins... last time I stopped fitting in maternity shirts around 35 weeks

5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? I have a wishlist going, I added things during LO1's first year, for like, "it would have been so helpful to have _____ but it's a little late now." Also debating about various double strollers and $$$.

Additional question: do you have a nickname for your pregnancy? I have been calling mine "little seed", to envision them growing.

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: I agree. I prefer the demi panel too. I'm actually quite boy-shaped with no hips, butt, etc so most maternity clothes don't seem to fit me quite right.

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I had the nickname for my past pregnancies set to "Duncan" (it's funny if you know my last name)

I felt I needed a change, so I changed it to just B (which is still hilarious...if you know my last name. Think, cake mix).

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I'm pretty pumped about being really pregnant in the colder months. I love wearing sweater dresses and leggings with boots. I think they will be really comfortable outfits for pregnancy. I still don't know how to approach maternity jeans. I thought maybe I should have 1 pair of black and 1 pair of a regular wash.

34. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Had my appointment with my OB (Graduated from my RE yippee!). Had an ultrasound and the HB is 155. Everything looks great. Next appointment is 8/17.

Since I'm "advance maternal age", I was suggested not to do a VBAC and get a repeat C. So I've scheduled it. So my new due date is 2/5/18. So weird to schedule it.

35. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

1. How far along today? 10 weeks 2 days
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? 2/13 because it is also my Mom's birthday.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Gut feeling - a girl. We are going to find out, because we need to know if we are keeping my son's clothes or need to purge them.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? Not in love with anything Maternity.

5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? This is baby #2 for us, so we have all the gear. We may buy an additional seat for our City select. The next to buy is the convertible car seat, but we have a while before we actually need it.

36. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

When is everyone thinking about telling work? I'm about 10 weeks right now and am not really ready tell (would like to wait until after genetic tests) but I'd also like to explain why I have so many doc appts and get some slack if I need to come in late sometimes. It also would be helpful in my mid year review to explain why I may not volunteer for new projects. Anyone thinking of telling soon? Or already told? Thanks!

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@JJ2626: For me it depends on the boss.

I was reporting to our executive director last summer when I got pregnant, and I told her right away. I was seeing two doctors every other week plus blood work, and I knew she'd be empathetic.

We had a reorg and I'm back under a director who has NO people skills whatsoever, so I don't plan to tell until I'm further along...probably after the NIPT.

38. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@JJ2626: I agree with MaryM. It depends on the boss. I was seeing an RE for IVF for the last 6 months so I was gone at appointments a lot. I told my boss at around transfer what I was up to. 3 weeks later, he left. I now work with a highly intense guy. I'm really reluctant to break the news because I think he is going to take the news hard. (he is going to be gone through the whole month of March, I'll be on maternity leave)

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: oh man. Do they think the cyst will go away, or will it be there the whole time?

@dominobee: yeah, I definitely look pregnant when I put on certain dresses and I'm not a twin mom. Haha.

@Honeydew: yay for graduating to your OB!! And for a good scan!

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: It's hard to tell. I've had them in past pregnancies and sometimes they've shrunk, sometimes they haven't. I'm hoping maybe considering the amount of progesterone I'm on, that might help them go down (sometimes it will shrink them).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee