Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: DH keeps asking me when I want to start taking bump pics. I feel like I just look chubby so far! I've always had a bit of a belly so it just looks like a bigger belly. I want to wait until it's a little more obvious, but I'd be thrilled to see y'alls bumps!

@MaryM: That is curious! Could be mental. Have you tried meditation or relaxation techniques?

I told my boss and HR today about being pregnant. Our HR guy was STOKED. He said congrats about a dozen times and wanted several high fives. My boss was obviously congratulatory but not as excited as HR guy was. Anyway it's nice to have that off my chest and now he knows why I've been sometimes coming in late or randomly putting my head down on my desk! And HR guy said that several other people have inquired about the new short and long term disability program so he's going to have a rep from the insurance company come in and explain stuff to us. That will be really nice to have a knowledgeable human to ask questions of!

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I got pretty far into a rosary last night before I gave up to move to the guest room so I didn't bother DH as I tried to get more comfortable.

The repetition of that is pretty close to meditation and usually leads to sleep, but not last night.

3. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@MaryM: I haven't been sleeping well either and for me, I do think it's at least partly mental. I can't turn my brain off even if I'm technically not anxious at that moment. It's super annoying!

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: aw man, I'm sorry. I've been having a hard time going to sleep, and have been waking up a couple times at night, too. And I always feel so sick! i feel even worse in the morning after nights with crummy sleep. its rough.

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I have a semi-bump st almost 10 weeks Yikes. Haha.

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I took a pic at 6, 8, and today for 12w. Thinking I'll do them every 2-4w at this point. I took them weekly with my other two and you really didn't notice a big difference week to week. Though with twins, you probably will!!

7. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: I had some trouble sleeping in the beginning because I couldn't turn off my thoughts at bed time. I also thought maybe it was because I was taking my prenatal at night and it had B vitamins in it, so I switched to taking it earlier in the morning. I've been sleeping much better now. I hope you're able to get some sleep!

8. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I'm 10 weeks today and my nausea came back as of Tuesday. So weird. Still mild but it's like all my healthy food makes me want to gag and I have had a SERIOUS craving for McDonald's chicken nuggets and fries.

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Dude... I say just eat what you want. I was veggie for years and ate a Wendy's cheeseburger a couple weeks ago! It was soooo goooood.

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Visually I look huge bc my uterus seems to be pushing my existing belly fat upwards. I'm rock hard from my belly button to my pelvis.

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Seriously the whole time I was eating my lunch today I was just silently saying "F*** you fresh egg and quinoa cucumber salad, I hate you so much, you're making me nauseous". I'm definitely getting the chicken nuggets and fries on my way home from work and I'll just cook my husband the healthy food for dinner. HA.

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: LOL do it! DH can cook his own dinner haha. I haven't cooked hardly anything in weeks. I did brunch once, everything else has been pre-packaged, takeout or something DH made. Oh yeah and twice I made myself a salad.

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I just look like I ate too much. Not a great look. Lol

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I take them midday so I don't think it's that.

I'm fighting to stay up a while longer Nd had a progesterone shot tonight, so I'm hoping that helps

15. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: I get anxious when I hear about other having a bump...I think I more or less look the same so I'm all like is something not right in there? Hubby says my stomach looks bigger but all my clothes still totally fit - I just look (and am after 2 years of fertility drugs) chubby!

16. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@skiierchck99: Still so early! I wouldn't worry about it. If you look at belly pics online there is quite a range.

17. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: I know I know I knowwwww but it's hard! I had a 7 week scan and then because of timing I don't have one till 11.5 weeks so I'm left to my imagination haha.

18. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@skiierchck99: I'm 10 weeks and I don't have a bump. It freaks me out a little bit but I've read the uterus doesn't even pop out of the pelvis until 12 weeks so I think it's normal to not show. I looked up pictures too and there was a wide range but most women weren't showing at 10 weeks especially if it was their first . My mom told me she didn't start to show until almost 20 weeks.

19. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I think height and torso length make a big difference too. I am decently short, 5"2', with a very short torso - my ribs end where my hips begin. My body is also permanently distorted from LO1... see below. (40 wks)

20. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I think I got the heartbeat on the doppler tonight!! 9ish weeks. What a sweet sound.

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: I definitely don't have a bump and this is my fourth pregnancy. I am still wearing all of my normal clothes but *to me* I feel like I look like I've gained 5lbs in my stomach. Mainly at the end of the day. I don't think I started noticeably showing with any of mine until 17+ weeks. I do have a short torso though so there isn't much space for a baby to go. Here's a pic from my second when I found out she was a girl. So 18 weeks or so.

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: the sweetest sound! I'm headed to my NT scan at 9am EST today. Will check back in with a pic of our little bean when I'm done!

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: Good luck!

Well, I slept SO MUCH better last night. Thank God.

I wonder if part of it might be the progesterone...that I don't sleep as deep when the shots start to wear off.

And only one glaring work mistake was pointed out from yesterday (I misspelled a professor's name. I made Carlos Carols. Ooops!)

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Getting through the work day today is going to be tough! I'm so anxious to go home and tell my family about Sprout & Seedling.

We were supposed to carpool with my sister, who lives in the same town we do, but yesterday she texted saying she has been swamped at work and doesn't know if she'll be able to leave early like she had planned. I talked to my mom and she speculated that since she'd been in town staying w/ my sister Monday-Thursday maybe sis just really needed another night to herself before going to see family.

I'm sort of bummed because I was hoping we'd all be together in the same room when I give my mom her "retirement gift" (The print that says "Just when a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.") Now I am not sure if I should give it to her tonight or wait. But I don't know if we'll all be at the house together at any point this weekend, since my other sister lives downtown which is where we plan on hanging out on Saturday. I don't know if she'll end up driving all the way to the suburbs other than tonight since tonight is the only family dinner at my parent's house that we've planned.

Sis says she *might* be able to come tonight so I'm really hopeful that she can. Ahhh logistics! Big brother is in Salt Lake City (we're in the Midwest) so unfortunately he and his wife will have to miss this announcement. But we'll probably FaceTime them afterwards!

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

So everything went great! I'm measuring 13w1day though (instead of 12w) so I'm not sure if that will change anything with my due date. I'll have to see when I meet with myOB on 8/8.

Here's a pic

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Great pic!!!

27. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yay! So glad it went well.

So I have another ultrasound today and am getting my NIPT blood draw. My doc will basically give me an ultrasound whenever I want it. So far, has been every 2 weeks. I don't have any issues or history of complications. I'm seeing on here that some docs give way fewer ultrasounds. I'm curious as to the reasoning. Not that I am complaining-just wondering!

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@JJ2626: I think a variety of reasons. Ultrasounds don't have a significant medical advantage over a doppler after 10 weeks, except the anatomy scan, until about the last month or two of pregnancy when drs like to check position, amniotic fluid, etc. So why bill for an unnecessary procedure? I wouldn't want to pay for an ultrasound at every appt. Also, drs don't always have lots of ultrasound machines - I know my previous practice only had one, so it was booked up, they wouldn't have time to use it unnecessarily. All this being said, with my previous pregnancy I had USs at 7, 9, 11, 13, 16, 20, 26, 28, and 36 weeks, so..... (two of them were medically unnecessary, I paid for them myself.).

29. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@bushelandapeck: You are so slender, especially for measuring 13 weeks on the inside! That's a big difference in dating! great growth.

@dominobee: It is so hard to wait to tell, especially after years of IF! and with TWINS! gosh. I'd be jumping out of my skin!

30. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@DesertDreams88: Makes sense. I figured cost but wondered if there were any other, philosophical reasons. I have Kaiser so billing works differently since it's an integrated system and that may be why.

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: that bump pic was from my daughter and I was 18w with her. I tend to carry somewhat small until the end when I get huge. Lol

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@JJ2626: I think there is some question about the exposure levels from repeated ultrasounds though I can't quote the science behind it. I know most doctors advise against going to elective ultrasound places for this reason.

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@JJ2626: I have Kaiser too! They only do one at the initial visit, the NT, and the anatomy scan. I had two additional ones at their fertility clinic so I was lucky to see the baby so early. I have an appointment at 12 weeks and I am so hoping they do a hand held doppler to check the heart beat, I'm just so anxious, especially since all my symptoms were really mild compared to what you hear.

34. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@JJ2626: @bushelandapeck: yea, I know some people think that ultrasound exposure is bad. With my first I only ever had an in-office ultrasound for the first appointment. After that they used a Doppler for all my normal appointments. I did have an additional dating ultrasound, my anatomy scan and then an "emergency" US bc of pain I was experiencing (bc of a cyst I had).

35. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@petitenoisette: @bushelandapeck: Great-something new to be anxious about! Ugh. I did google and sounds like repeated ultrasounds means a lot-like multiples per week and even then there is no real evidence that it does harm. That said, I'll ask my doc today bc I'm crazy like that.

36. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: you had a torpedo belly!! Love it. i know a lot of shorter friends whose bellies just stuck out like that.

@MaryM: glad you got some better sleep!!

@bushelandapeck: glad the appointment went well!! love the picture

@dominobee: aww man! Logistics are hard. Haha. We actually liked telling our parents separately, since it was their first grand kid, and then telling our siblings after. Either way, they will be so happy and surprised, I bet!!

@JJ2626: yeah, I think generally that cost is a concern, some of the concerns about repeated exposure, etc. Whatever works for you!!

37. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@JJ2626: ahh I'm sorry I wasn't meaning to stress you out! The one person I know who is super suspicious of ultrasounds is also basically an anti-vaxer so I think that concern speaks for itself. Routine ultrasounds are nothing to worry about.

I just wanted to share my experience bc a lot of people have been worried about not getting ultrasounds at their appointments and it is good to know that it is not the regular standard of care to always get one.

38. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: hope it worked out to tell your whole fam! I told my whole side of the family (minus one brother) while we were on vaca together and even then it was hard to get everyone rounded up so I understand the stress!

39. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@petitenoisette: no worries! I did some googling and I decided I wasn't worried about it. Partly because most of the sites saying it was an issue seemed very out there. Not surprised it's an anti-vax thing!

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Told the fam last night and they freaked! My mom was just reading the little canvas thing and then was like "oh my god! Are you pregnant?!" And I nodded and we cried and hugged. Then DH pulled out the u/s photos and she was like "whaaaaat???!!!" Everyone was literally screaming it was kind of hilarious actually. Just totally overcome by emotion. My parents are really excited to be grandparents and my sisters to be aunts (it was my youngest sister's bday this week and we had cake and sang to her, and my other sister sang "Auntie Tina" lol.) Then we Facetimed my brother and he was pretty shocked and excited too.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee