Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@bushelandapeck: awesome pix of your baby! And wow, you're practically out of the first trimester already!

@MaryM: glad to hear you had better rat. I'm taking the progesterone suppositories & those definitely contribute to me knocking out pretty early at night.

@skiierchck99: DH said I got big really quickly with all my pregnancies. My mom says my belly looks as if I'm 4 months pregnant! 😒 I'm not sure how much is attributed to the bloating side effect of the progesterone suppositories but I've been using belly bands for a few weeks & already in my maternity pants. DD's teacher immediately noticed when I was only 6 weeks last month! It's been getting progressively more difficult to hide my bump. I'm looking forward to when it's safe to let work know.

@JJ2626: Thats awesome you get to visually see baby grow wig ultrasounds. I had Kaiser & enjoyed getting all the early pix of DD when I was seeing the RE. I also found that the ultrasound machines were a lot better in the RE's office vs the regular OB. It was a shock to me to not have many opportunities to see my growing baby when I transferred care to my regular OB.

@dominobee: super sweet! Those twins will definitely get showered with lots of love from everyone! Especially as the first grandchildren!

We got to see baby yesterday & it was so fun watching my baby toss & turn. We had a scare last week when I spotted a bit but all is good now thankfully. I'm now just waiting for the authorization from insurance so I can do my NIPT. I thought I'd be able to start the bloodwork yesterday but found out I have to wait for insurance to ok it first. The genetic counselor said she would immediately let me know when we could take it once she got the auth from insurance. I'm really hoping I get to find out soon. My NT is scheduled for 8/7. I also am now "graduating" to once a month prenatal care. ☺

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: SO exciting! Glad it went well. @lazypanda: thank you! Glad you got to see your baby too! It's amazing when they start to really look like a baby. Makes it seem a lot more real.

3. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

You guys I have a new challenge that definitely never had the first time! My LO has strep throat! He started antibiotics yesterday and is already feeling better but I was with him all day. I'm so paranoid that im catching it too. I feel sick (weak and achy) but I think it's because I had to work outside today in 100-degree heat. My ob gave me a sheet of meds that are pregnancy approved. I'm tempted to just call them instead of my regular family doc but I don't want to go on antibiotics unless I know for sure I have it. Anyone been in a similar sit?

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Ergggg: no experience with strep but I've been sick while pregnant before and it sucks. If you have any questions I would probably just call your OB. I hope your son is feeling better and you don't end up with it!

5. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@bushelandapeck: I've seen this little bub 3 x now and it's been great! DD even got to see & hear the heartbeat. My OB said now that the pregnancy is progressing, we'll just be listening for the heartbeat on a Doppler from here on out (with the exception of my NT & anatomy scans). I'm considering a RCS but may change my mind and go for a VBAC.

@Ergggg: my scare last week was due to getting reactions to a skin infection. Because of the severity of my reaction, I was placed on antibiotics & all the docs were aware of my pregnancy but felt that the risk was greater if I did not go on the antibiotics. I did have a strep culture done but that came back negative & I'm glad I'm being more proactive in taking the recommended pregnancy safe meds this time around. In my previous miscarriage, the whole family got sick & DD had an ear infection and she probably spread something to me. I didn't take any type of meds and just stuck with honey lemon water. While I didn't see my PCP, I thought that I would just wait til my next OB appt to ask. Unfortunately by that appt I had just lost the baby. While the OB says miscarriages happen often (& I had one before concieving DD), the irrational part of me blamed myself for not getting help sooner. I would suggest that you call your OB just to be on the safe side. My OB helped reassure me that all was fine with taking the antibiotics. I hope your son & you start to feel better!

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ergggg: How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better!

I need prayers for patience y'all. DH got a sore throat yesterday, and it's like the world stopped moving. I've been sick for a month...

And because his mother never taught him how to cover his mouth when he coughs or sneezes, I've quarantined myself to the guest bedroom (I got my pillows out of our bed as soon as I knew he was sick!).

Somehow, when I get sick, he rarely catches it. But if he's sick...the germs seem to get EVERYWHERE...

7. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@MaryM: that's how it is at my house too! I catch everything that comes thru the door but DH--Nothing!

I ended up going to Urgent Care on Saturday night and started antibiotics. Everyone said that same thing: take the preg-safe treatment now to catch it early rather than wait until it's Full blown. Everyone is feeling better.

I hope your house gets better quickly and learns how to "dab when you cough"!!

8. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ergggg: Hah! My mom taught us how to dab before it was a thing

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I wore a dress to work today, and I'm just waiting for someone to ask if I'm pregnant. I didn't think it was especially obvious when I got dressed this morning, but once you move in an empire waisted dress...it's kind of hard to hide!

Also...I forgot how much I love maternity spanx.

10. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: I keep trying to be casual and not cover up my stomach ( a tell tale sign when I think someone is pregnant). I *might* tell my supervisor today, but probably not. I hope you don't catch what your DH has! Stock up on the hand sanitizer

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@bushelandapeck: There's a TV in our master, so I'm hoping DH just goes straight in there when he gets home from work. And I pick out my clothes on the weekend and hang them in my bathroom for the week...so I have no reason to go in there until he's better.

I hope he knows he'll be stripping the bed and changing the sheets as soon as he's feeling better!

12. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

Hi ladies! Just wanted to give an update and ask a question! So I had my 11/12w ultrasound today.. the genetic scan one - and the dr said everything looked perfect! Makes the tiredness and sickness all worth it because boy was/am I miserable! Kind of revives me! Renewed hope so to speak! haha

My question for all you mommas - I've been taking the diclegis that's basically unisom and b6. It helps, if i take one before bed I can certainly tell the next day. I have almost no reflux and no nausea. However, it makes me very tired - to an already tired momma. i don't take it everyday, honestly it makes me nervous. I know they say its baby safe - but i just imagine 10 years from now they'll have research linked to something.. right? So I try to limit it. So when I'm off of it about 2 days.. i notice that my reflux is bad - like i feel like I have food stuck in the back of my throat and nothing will make it go away.. and then ultimately i end up vomiting. Anyone else have this feeling? And are treating it with something like pepcid ac or something? I don't feel nauseous.. just have that reflux issue so was hoping to stop taking the diclegis and maybe just take a reflux medicine instead. Figured I'd see if anyone else has experienced this and if they've taken something that's worked for them.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dcrumlish29: I haven't thrown up, but do get pretty bad reflux. I take zantac daily even when not pregnant. While pregnant, I prefer the "cool mint" kind and sometimes have to take the max dose (2 a day instead of just one)

I was complaining last pregnancy about having reflux while taking the daily one, and my OB asked me why I wasn't taking it twice. duh! I didn't realize they were technically 12 hour pills.

14. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dcrumlish29: I haven't taken any prescription anti-nausea meds so I cant speak to those side effects. I will say though that I do have heartburn and reflux and have been taking Zantac regularly during this pregnancy. I take it once a day most days, sometimes even twice.

15. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

@Marym @Bushelandapeck - thanks ladies! I have an OB appt on Wednesday and I'll ask her about Zantac. I wasn't sure if it would work because I don't actually have acid reflux - like I don't have the acid/burning feeling. but I know its some kind of reflux.

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Just got caught up on the thread after being on vacation with DH (and no kids!). It was such a nice trip, but getting back into our routine today was so tough. This mama is TIRED.

@dcrumlish29: I took Zantac almost daily towards the end of my last pregnancy. It made such a difference!

My nausea has almost completely gone away which I'm super grateful for but also a little nervous about. Although I did find the baby's heartbeat on my doppler last night! Best sound ever. I can't wait for my first appointment next week!

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Ooof - how are you ladies coping with the fatigue at work? I am soooo freaking exhausted and finding it really hard to focus. I'm off coffee because it's been hurting my stomach and doesn't sound all that good to me anyway. Yesterday I had some flexibility and just took a half sick day. Can't swing that regularly though. I can't wait until that storied 2nd trimester burst of energy shows up.

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: I've been just sucking it up. I don't want to consume much caffeine (I'll occasionally get a frappacino, but no full caff coffee or soda).

Sometimes a walk will help me. I work at a college so it's sort of encouraged to get out and walk around and see what's going on. It's been so hot that hasn't been totally appealing, but sometimes it's what I need in the afternoon to keep moving!

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Interestingly soda has way less caffeine than coffee. 29 mg in a can of Coke versus 95 mg in a cup of coffee, so I've been opting for that instead of coffee. I don't care much for tea which only has 26 mg. I've been taking walks too but I feel like that only makes a difference for 20 minutes or so. Maybe I'll try a Frappuccino at some point - looks like it only has about 9-10 mg of caffeine. I'm assuming you're talking about the bottled ones, right? I remember reading somewhere that the ones made at the store have as much sugar as a liter of cola!

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: No. The store ones. We have three Starbucks in less than a half mile, it's sort of ridiculous!

They're an occasional treat (once a week, if that), so I don't worry too much about the sugar. Most days, all I drink is water. And I get them without whipped cream.

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ergggg: When I got home from work last night, DH got up off the couch and came toward me to hug me and greet me.

I hope I didn't hurt his feelings too much when I said "Please don't touch me...especially since you just wiped your nose with your hand..."

22. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Every morning I wake up it feels like I've got a hang over even though I went to bed between 9:30pm and 10:00pm and wake up at 7:30am. Last night I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep -_- it was horrible, and now I'm just exhausted! The nausea I had from thursday - sunday is gone though, so at least my exhaustion isn't compounded by nausea.

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: I've been waking up at 2 or 3 to pee, and last night couldn't get back to sleep for a while either.

Being tired is having a terrible effect on my anxiety

24. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: This is what prompted me to wake up at 3am too. I had to pee, and then couldn't really get back to sleep as easily. Ugh sorry about the anxiety, it's so hard to manage when you're also tired.

25. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: I took a car nap yesterday! No such luck today...so I'll probably have a second coffee. I don't like coffee much right now, but I've generally still been having a small one in the morning and just trying to make it through the day.

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Now I want whipped cream!

27. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I'm about to take a nap right now, that's how I handle the fatigue, haha. My first official day back at work is this Friday, at 10.5 weeks. I went in today to pick up my keys and greet the new teachers, and I went ahead and told my admin, admin secretary, and teammates about the pregnancy. Most people were excited although my boss isn't loving the idea of me being gone for 12 weeks. I do, though

I had my appt this morning and baby measures right on track (10w) and heartbeat was 172! They even danced a little bit on the screen. Tomorrow DH & LO1 are coming to school with me to set up the classroom and we'll take the announcement photo there. We're telling the ILs this Fri/Sat and then I can finally go public! I'm not good at keeping secrets or avoiding topics.

28. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@MaryM: I'm having the same issues with anxiety. It's so much worse when I haven't slept. But after my 3:30am pee, it's so hard to fall back asleep when my anxiety is sky high.

I didn't even recognize how bad my anxiety has gotten until recently. I think my mind registered it has nausea? But then when I became aware of it, I realized that, like, whoa. My nausea isn't near as bad as I thought (though it's pretty bad). It's actually A LOT of anxiety. I wish wish wish I could be back on my Xanax, but I know it's not possible. I'm terrified to get on an SSRI, partly because of recent studies that show links to autism, but mostly because I have a hell of a time getting off of them. Every time I go through withdrawals, I tell myself it was never worth getting on them in the first place.

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@magnoliamama42: I'm seeing a therapist and highly recommend it. I started seeing her last year after our third loss to deal with grief, but now we're switching gears to deal with pregnancy anxiety (though last visit...I was fine. A week later...not so much!)

30. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@dominobee: I'm with you on the exhaustion. I don't know how others do it. I can't do car naps - it's too hot outside and I don't feel comfortable leaving the car running and burning gas. I work in a cubicle, no privacy. A few times I've just fallen asleep sitting straight up in my chair.

I've had to take a few days off over the past few weeks, just so I could sleep all day. I don't like it, but I honestly didn't even feel like I had a choice. It was either sleep in my bed or fall asleep driving my car.

31. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@MaryM: The thing is, I don't have anything "mental" that I'm anxious about (I mean, you know, other than normal stuff.). It's just like, a physical thing. Do you think therapy would still help?

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@magnoliamama42: Possibly.

Anxiety is usually the manifestation of an emotion you don't want to name and recognize. Therapy can help get to the root of it and figure out ways to deal with the underlying things that are causing worry.

I used to think it was just part of who I was (my sister and many other family members have anxiety disorders). My therapist has really helped me name the true underlying emotions and figure out ways to more effectively deal with them so that the anxiety isn't as bad.

I used to be on xanax for occasional attacks. I haven't taken any since October or November (around the time I started therapy)

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@magnoliamama42: I'm in an open floor plan - no escape! What a cruel joke that by the time you can openly talk about being pregnant you feel better. I wish I could just send a mass e-mail to my co-workers to explain why I've been off lately!

34. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@dominobee: I know- I really want to tell everyone so they get why I'm acting so weird! I think I might tell my boss today actually because there are just so many appointments and I feel like i could use a little slack in terms of coming in late if I'm not feeling well. But we'll see if I can do ithat! For some reason I feel super nervous to tell.

@magnoliamama42: I definitely think therapy helps even if you aren't anxious about a specific issue. They will give you tools to cope and understand your feelings. I am a big therapy fan!

35. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

I just had my first appointment today, and unlike my first pregnancy, no ultrasound today! And she couldn't get the heartbeat bc it's too early. It was weird for me discussing like a vbac and all this later pregnancy jazz when I'm like uh are we sure I'm pregnant? Obviously all signs point to yes but I'm still nervous! Thankfully I have another appointment in two weeks.

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: my old doctor wouldn't do an ultrasound until 12 weeks. That's part of the reason they're my old doctor...

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: That's a bummer. I guess the docs aren't nearly as anxious as we pregnant ladies. When I heard they weren't gonna do an u/s at my 9 week appt I was like whaaaat?! Don't you want to make sure there are still two?! I pushed for it and got one. Hoping these next couple of weeks fly by for you!

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I am always so excited to go to bed because a) I am freaking exhausted and b) when I wake up I'll be one day closer to the second trimester! G'night beehive!

39. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

Yesssss to amazing therapists! I've come to think of it as the teeth cleaning but for your brain. We go to dentists regularly for oral health, our mental health also needs regular check ups. I'm having anxiwty around pregnancy Bc after my last one, a lot of family drama flared and I'm worried what will flare up this time. Babies make people go crazy.

I have had some social engagements where I've been worried about not drinking. My husband told me to just say I'm doing whole 30. Okay, I thought. Fast forward to me out tonight eating a plate of meatballs and nachos--dont think that excuse will fly!

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ergggg: can you claim you're on medication that doesn't mix well with alcohol? That's why my cousin assumed I didn't drink weekend before last. I just used the "I'm tired and don't want to fall asleep at 9 pm" excuse. Or I'm driving

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee