Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Alternative Irish spellings of Shannon include: Shannen, Shanon, Shannan, Seanan, and Siannon.

Sean or Shawn would be close. I know a Michael Sean and a Sean Michael.

2. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: agreed that boys names are so hard.

@MaryM: love those names! Very pretty.

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: I think if you're doing the NIPT there is no need to do the NT scan, but it just seems strange they didn't even mention it! Maybe with twins they automatically do the NIPT testing? Who knows! It's weird how each practice is different

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: love the name Nora! I had a friend in preschool named Nora, which must be why I love it now. Ha.

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: I'm getting it automatically bc I'll be AMA at EDD.

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: got it! Then they probably didn't see a point to the NT scan, I guess? Who knows!

7. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: yea, it's not necessary to do both. We are likely skipping the NIPT but my midwife did warn me that if they saw anything suspicious on the NT they'd likely just have me do the NIPT for more info.

ETA: meaning the NIPT is more informative so if you are doing that there is no reason to also do the NT.

8. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@petitenoisette: my nipt isn't covered by insurance for me unless the NT scan shows something. Then I think it is. This reminds me I need to schedule my NT!

I love all these names! They are all creative and not the typical, popular ones but really beautiful! We're haven't talked names yet. We used family names for my son so this one can be whatever we want. I only have one name i'm set on if its a girl but I haven't even talked to dh about it yet! It's kind of out there!

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: Thanks for the explanation!

10. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@skiierchck99: I am so freaking jealous, you just don't even know. The shade means nothing here, it's a false promise. Whether you're in the sun or not, whether it's 6am or 1pm, it feels like Satan's armpit. This weekend we're getting a "cold snap" - the high will be 90, but the humidity will go down for a whole day. So, at least there's that ...

11. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@magnoliamama42: I feel you on the heat! Summer in the south is no joke. It's too hot to even go to our neighborhood pool. I don't have the energy to even unpack the car with all of the pool stuff and get the kids out. So. So. Hot. We've been doing lots of indoor activities!

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Stepped on the scale for the first time in a week. Shocked I haven't gained a pound because I feel soooo fat! Can't wait to actually look pregnant.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: my weight is actually down, but my pants are too tight (except for one pair of "fat" pants). And my bras are getting close to too small

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: @MaryM: I still haven't gained any weight either, and am actually at the lightest I've been probably since high school after losing weight when I was pregnant last winter, but I'm up two cup sizes and definitely starting to look pregnant. I don't know where the weight got redistributed from, probably my butt

15. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@lazypanda: We're appointment buddies tomorrow. Let us know how yours goes and I'll do the same. I'm always so nervous/excited before ultrasounds!!

16. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: actually it's a typo, my apt was last Friday & we got to see the baby then. We tried to get our Panorama & Counsyl blood work today but found out that labs will only do them M-Th. I was so looking forward to finding out if we're having a boy or girl by next Friday. Now I'll have to wait a few additional days! Good luck with your appt tomorrow! My next appt will be my NT scan on 8/7 when we can see baby again. My acupuncturist is guessing boy for now based on my pulse.

@periwinklebee: @dominobee: @MaryM: I've already gained 10lbs! The same happened when I was pregnant with DD where I got big super quickly (I gained almost 60 lbs by my last OB visit!). I've been wearing maternity pieces here & there but finally took out all my maternity clothes to wash this weekend since I definitely cannot hide the bump.

17. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: @MaryM: @periwinklebee: no weight gain here yet either but my bras are definitely tight! I bought the bra extenders last time and need to bust those out again.

I found a few of my maternity clothes but have them set aside for when I need to wear them. I'm guessing I'll be able to avoid wearing any for another month or so. 13w yesterday!

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lazypanda: @bushelandapeck: I figure with weight gain that my body will do whatever it needs to do and as long as my doctor doesn't raise any concerns, I don't need to be too worried about it. I'm a FTM and don't have any maternity clothes yet, besides one pair of leggings that I've been living in around the house. I've mostly been wearing high waisted skirts that fall above the bump but I have a feeling I'm going to need to do something about maternity clothes soon. I told work last week and it's such a relief to not be hiding it anymore.

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: I think our bodies know what they need to do. I've gained the same amount each time, not matter what I did or didn't do. It was harder to lose the weight the second time around though, but that's probably because I'm older now. Lol

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Omg you guys. I didn't wake up to pee until 8 am this morning! I feel so much better

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yeah, when I'm not pregnant my body has its set point, and it mostly sticks to that regardless of what I do. It will be interesting to see what happens during pregnancy.

@MaryM: Jealous! I cut back my diclegis dose a few days ago and my sleep has been a bit crap since. Soooo tired...

22. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: @bushelandapeck: @lazypanda: @MaryM: I'm not really sure if I've gained weight yet or not, I definitely was above what I thought I was prior to being pregnant at my first appointment. However, my pants no longer fit, I went to put on a pair on a cold day this week and yea nope. Thank goodness maternity leggings are amazing!

@MaryM: We only have a bathroom on our first floor (bedroom on 2nd) and so I think I have trained myself to sleep through having to pee something wicked. I've only had to go once so far in the night, it is amazing! Of course the one time I did I was then awake for an hour plus. Glad you got some good sleep!

23. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: jealous!! I'm up at least 2x/night to pee. Brutal.

24. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Are there any other SAHMs on here? Wondering how people are juggling being home all day with their LOs. I've been feeling so miserable and I feel like we are having a pretty blah and unexciting summer (and this is the first summer at almost 2.5 that I really feel like we could be doing fun stuff). I'm a teacher so soon I'll be back at work and I don't want to feel like I've wasted the whole summer home

25. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Ultrasound went great today! Everything seems more real now and I'm worrying a lot less. Yay!

26. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@petitenoisette: I'm pretty much a SAHM. I'm a wedding photographer, but only on the weekends. It's been rough. Thankfully, DD is pretty good at playing independently but I still feel bad for not being able to do much with her outside, etc. She's 2.5, too. It's also just been too hot to be able to enjoy outdoor activities. It's supposed to be 108 on Wednesday, which is WAY hotter than normal here in Oregon.

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: I work two days per week but was a full time SAHM with my son for almost a year. He's the kind of kid that needs to be busy all the time so I tried to fill our days with play dates, play places, storytiems, etc. It was definitely hard when I was pregnant (and even harder this time around) but we are ALL so much happier when we aren't at home. I try to get out at least for the morning and then we hang out at home after naps.

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Well I think I've officially hit the hungry-all-the-time phase.

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh and today I went to a prenatal yoga class w/ a teacher I've know since before I was even married. She was like "Hi!! Wait a minute...!" It was really nice to be in a room full of pregnant ladies, even if they are all much further along than I am. But man I was struggling during the sun salutations... up and down up and down made me a bit nauseous.

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: I've just been forcing myself to go out and feel crappy. I mean, I figure I will feel crappy regardless, so I might as well be out and doing stuff?? Haha. It's rough, though.

@CatchAFallingStar: glad your ultrasound went well!

@dominobee: aww that's great! I'm glad that I'm still going to my Barre classes, which is a mix of Pilates, ballet barre, and yoga. Some mornings I really dread going because I feel so gross, but I always am happy that I went!

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: that's great, congrats!

32. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: I haven't been exercising much the last couple of months. I used to jog and bike but I've been so tired plus it's been a million degrees here so it didn't seem like a great idea. Just been walking mostly which usually helps me feel better. But I've got to get serious about strengthening my back to carry these two babies!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: walking is good! But yes, I imagine that carrying two will be really taxing. Hopefully the prenatal yoga can help with the strengthening!

34. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: @bushelandapeck: @theotherstark: yea, I need to be better about just sucking it up and getting out before naptime! Since I'm not usually home with her it's not like we already have a routine of activities so I think that makes it harder. The heat is definitely the worst aspect I think, we had a bit of a cold snap this week and I was in heaven! I'm oddly just ready for fall, it felt like an early fall day today and we actually got out of the house before and after nap (of course facilitated by my DH being home) and it was so nice! I did almost puke though a few times while we were out

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: I was a SAH-teacher-mom this summer too (I went back yesterday). My DH was home so that helped a ton. Its been over 100 degrees each day so i hear you on the heat!! But in regards to outings, we used the library a ton. We have 2 libraries near us and between the both of them there were storytimes 10-11am Tues-thurs and a bunch of other free special activities (puppet shows, juggling shows, songercise). Both libraries also have play areas. Besides that, we also went to the local splash pads, the indoor playplace, the mall (puppy store, food court), and errands /groceries (ab twice a week). Lastly we also have free teacher memberships to the Science Center and the Children's Museum, so we've gone there a couple times but it's a 30 min drive, so, not often. Here's what we kind of did:

7-9 : wake up, read stories, eat breakfast, play toys (I would lay down for most of this on the couch)
    9-11 : ouuting (s)
    11-12 : lunch
    12-3: nap for LO and me
    3-4: wake, read books, snack
    4-5: water play (sprinkler, kiddie pool, hose watering plants and car and bodies)
    5-7: indoor play or another outing and stroller walk
    7-8: dinner and bath
    8ish: bedtime routine

That's an IDEAL day. There were also many days with a 2 half hours of cartoons and DH did a lot of those actities,too.

36. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: prenatal yoga would be great! I did normal yoga pretty regularly until 28 wks with LO1, and then so many poses were contradicted and LO had heart probs so I stopped. But keep at the exercise as long as you can, it should help with the pregnancy aches and growth!

37. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

I know these all look the same, but thought I'd share anyway. 😊

Are you ladies planning to announce in social media? If so, when? And how?

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I'm going to put it on social but only after telling more friends & family personally. I plan to ask people to guess what I have in common with Beyoncé, LOL!!

39. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@dominobee: lolol you should wear a floral robe, too!

You guys I racked up on maternity clothes at Target (all Liz Lange on clearance!) And I switched into some of it as soon as I got home. Ahhhh!

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: congrats on a great ultrasound! We actually just annouced today. Most people in real life know and I just wanted it to be completely out there, not hiding a bump or avoiding a major topic on my mind. I am nervous but at this point I wouldn't want to hide a miscarriage (in life or on social media) and I try to celebrate all pregnancies regardless of length. That's you know, in my best most confident moments.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee