Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Fireworks & BFPs!! July 2014 POAS

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@travellingbee: Good luck next month

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

My cycles are really long, and I have been needing to take Provera to induce it each cycle, but for the last 2 cycles, I have been still getting EWCM around day 13. But then the weirdest thing happens and I bleed for a few days. My Dr and I don't know why I would be bleeding then, but I'm going to count that as around O time. So maybe POAS July 13th, but then I won't count myself out until July 28th which would be cycle day 42 (which is when I start Provera) I just wish I had normal cycles!

3. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@angelachase: best of luck!

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsBrewer: How much are you bleeding? Could it be due to ovulation?

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@KelLeeLeee: the last two cycles I would be bleeding enough to wear a light tampon for 3-4 days. I would say equivalent to a light period

6. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@angelachase: ha! That's cute. My husband did something similar when I used OPKs

So, I may already be out! I think O date was maybe friday/Saturday or around there --- we were together last tues/wed but then my husband is away. We saw each other Saturday but were at my parents with my grandmother Soo, no sexy time, ha. And now he's not back until Wednesday, grr. Stupid work travel.

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Well, you can take me off the list because I got my bfp this morning! I REALLY thought I was out this month and going to be joining y'all, so fx this is a sticky baby!

8. Tam

grape / 92 posts

@LAZB: Congratulations That's great news.

9. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@LAZB: congrats!!

10. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@LAZB: congrats!!!!!!!

@hellobeeboston: ugh! Bad timing is the worst. That's why we aren't trying this month. I'm going on a girls weekend and I just don't feel like stressing about it!

11. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@yellowbird: girls trip - fun! Yeah, don't stress it and enjoy! I thought we might be able to sneak some time at my parents but it was too much..... And a mosquito bit my eyelid and it was all swollen - so sexy! Lol

12. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@hellobeeboston: hahahah!!! I had a mosquito bite on my rear a couple weeks ago! So itchy and inconvenient! LOL

13. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Help, guys! Here's my question (in novel form - sorry!)

Okay, so I am on CD 7 and my cycles are usually pretty regular (26-28 days), though can have a bit of fluctuation. So anyway, my period just ended on Saturday. So on Sunday (CD6) I started my Clearblue Digital OPKs and got the O, as expected.

This morning, I took the test and got the peak fertility reading (!), having skipped over the "high" reading entirely. So I called the Helpline and they explained that I might have missed my "high" reading. Basically, the first time I take the test they said it will always give me a O because it's just establishing that it's working. So I guess had I started a bit earlier in my cycle I would have had the natural progression. They explained that this cycle is probably short and that's why I'm getting the reading so soon.

BUT, I don't really have any CM going on. I'm so confused. And no, I don't chart, so no temps to back anything up

14. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@LAZB: WHOA! I was so busy typing my own novella that I missed this. Many, many congratulations to you! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LAZB: YAY!!! Congrats!!!!

16. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@meredithNYC: have you ever used the opks before?? That seems early to get a peak, but who knows!

17. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@yellowbird: I have for last cycle (my first) and yeah, I got my high and peak fertility reads much later. It seems very odd.

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meredithNYC: hmm that does seem strange. Do you have any other opks you can verify with? Maybe some cheapies? Maybe there was something wrong with that particular one.

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@hellobeeboston: You never know!! :good luck:

@LAZB: Gladly!!! Congrats!!!

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

July POAS Roll-Call:

Mamas to Bee:
    7/1 -
    7/2 -
    7/3 - hellobeeboston, nicolechris11212
    7/4 - MaryM
    7/5 -
    7/6 - sheskrafty
    7/7 - angelachase, MrsMccarthy
    7/8 -
    7/9 -
    7/10 -
    7/11 - sunset840
    7/12 - KelLeeLeee
    7/13 - onthemove, meredithNYC, LuLu Mom, MrsBrewer
    7/14 - MrsStar, sumer08, googly-eyes
    7/15 -
    7/16 -
    7/17 -
    7/18 -
    7/19 -
    7/20 - mrsvdv
    7/21 -
    7/22 -
    7/23 -
    7/24 - GreenThumb
    7/25 - anonysquire
    7/26 -
    7/27 -
    7/28 -
    7/29 -
    7/30 -
    7/31 -
    TBD: Tam, MrsADS, Annette

Cheerleaders yellowbird, BakerBee, Tidybee, littlek, LovelyPlum, travellingbee

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Tam: @hellobeeboston: @yellowbird: @meredithNYC: @MrsBrewer: @KelLeeLeee: Thanks y'all!

22. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@meredithNYC: I second @KelLeeLeee: maybe try a cheapie. I've never used the digital ones but I was planning on getting a pack to confirm my cheapie this month.

Are they cb digital regular or advanced?

23. Runnergirl

coffee bean / 39 posts

Hi everyone! I am a newbie and this is my first post!

Cycle day: 21

Cycle #: 2

Ovulation & POAS dates: 6/21-6/23 for O, and I'm going to try and wait until 7/8 for POAS

Baby #: 1

Your game plan this month: OPK, temping

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So how many of you are using OPK's? Although DH and I are TTC, I'm planning on temping, but I don't know if I will do OPK's! hahahah Call me lazy! I might change my mind though!

25. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

I O'ed late in June, so my POAS date is being pushed into July - here's my info!

Cycle day: Oh lordy, today is CD 28, I think? I usually have around 40 day cycles.

Cycle #: 2

Ovulation & POAS dates: Ovulation was June 22, POS July 4th

Your game plan this month: Same old, same old.

26. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@KelLeeLeee: No cheapies here. Might stop into CVS and see what they have, though.

@yellowbird: They are advanced.

@Runnergirl: @raspberries: Welcome and good luck, ladies!

@MrsBrewer: I don't think that's lazy at all! Actually, I always say I don't temp since I'm lazy. But, I'm thinking if I don't get pregnant this cycle I might step it up and start temping.

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@meredithNYC: I guess OPK's are easier than temping aren't they? Oh maybe just call me cheap then! I just don't want to have to go out and buy something else. I feel like I waste so much money on HPT's the way it is! hahahah

28. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@MrsBrewer: Ugh, yeah, the money. Like I said, I'm new to using them, but I am realizing that if the process takes a while... that's a lot of money spent on OPKs

29. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsBrewer: I use opks just so I know 100% when I ovulate, but if you look at other signs (your cm, temp) you don't really need to use them.

@Runnergirl: welcome!

@raspberries: good luck! July is a better month anyway

30. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thank you!

@KelLeeLeee: Couldn't agree more - my birthday is 7/13, and we already have four POAS'ers that day. Here's hoping it's a lucky one!

31. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@MrsBrewer: I think I'm going to try OPks next month to make sure my timing is right. I'm just basing it now off of last time when I used them.

32. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@meredithNYC: I don't get these digi opks. Mine gave me a peak the very first day last cycle. Seemed early to me. I have a lot of them left but I kind of wish I got the ones where you just read the lines. And I didn't have any cm going on either and didn't get my period for 18 more days, which would be a sort of long LP right? Gah.

@LAZB: congrats!!! I will keep you in my thoughts! Praying you have a sticky healthy baby!

33. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@googly-eyes: Okay, now I wish I would have pushed the customer service person a bit more to give me a refund. I think my solution is to go ahead and have sex tonight to "cover my bases" but otherwise wait for actual signs of ovulation. So frustrating how something that's supposed to make life easier actually does the reverse!

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@meredithNYC: @hellobeeboston: @KelLeeLeee: I think I may try a few more cycles without OPK's and go from there. From what it sounds like, these things sound pretty confusing! hahahah

35. Starfish

olive / 60 posts

I'm a little behind you ladies, but would love to join!

Cycle day: 13

Cycle #: 8

Ovulation & POAS dates: O= Yesterday (June 22nd) or today (June 23rd ~ I think it's today as I'm having O pains). Will POAS July 4th if I feel inclined to (11/12DPO 5 days before AF due). If BFN will wait until AF due to test ~ July 8th

Your game plan this month: After 6 solid months of temping I decided to not do it this month in order to be more relaxed (it's actually working), BD eod, hit Saturday, Sunday and today; used Preseed (only as lube). Keep drinking decaf coffee and no soda. Cutting back dramatically on the wine in the TWW

Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47ea97

36. Starfish

olive / 60 posts

@MRSBREWER - I used OPK's for a few cycles but they only drove me crazy!! It can get expensive too since I couldn't buy the dip kind since I was mostly testing at work. You really have to do them 3 times a day to really get an accurate read. Even then, some women I know would never get a positive but because they temp they knew they ovulated!

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

July POAS Roll-Call:

Mamas to Bee:
    7/1 -
    7/2 -
    7/3 - hellobeeboston, nicolechris11212
    7/4 - MaryM, raspberries, Starfish
    7/5 -
    7/6 - sheskrafty
    7/7 - angelachase, MrsMccarthy
    7/8 - Runnergirl
    7/9 -
    7/10 -
    7/11 - sunset840
    7/12 - KelLeeLeee
    7/13 - onthemove, meredithNYC, LuLu Mom, MrsBrewer
    7/14 - MrsStar, sumer08, googly-eyes
    7/15 -
    7/16 -
    7/17 -
    7/18 -
    7/19 -
    7/20 - mrsvdv
    7/21 -
    7/22 -
    7/23 -
    7/24 - GreenThumb
    7/25 - anonysquire
    7/26 -
    7/27 -
    7/28 -
    7/29 -
    7/30 -
    7/31 -

TBD: Tam, MrsADS, Annette

Cheerleaders yellowbird, BakerBee, Tidybee, littlek, LovelyPlum, travellingbee

38. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@meredithNYC: I did start them on cd12, so late, though. But I was surprised you could even get a positive the first day. I have the same plan this month! I'll take them just because I have so many left from last month!

39. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Any recommendations for cheapie OPKs? I can't be dealing with this Clearblue Advanced Digital nonsense! Also, can I start using them anytime in my cycle? By the time they arrive from Amazon I would likely be on CD 8.

40. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meredithNYC: I have used Wandfo and Babi, I like Babi the best because they are cheaper and less sensitive so you aren't double guessing yourself - when it's positive, you definitely know.

eta: you start whenever you like in your cycle, cd8 would be perfect.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee