Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Emsmems: whoa, sounds like you're ready to go! Fingers crossed for you!

2. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emsmems: so jealous

3. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Emsmems: That totally sounds promising!!! Keep us updated

4. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Went to the doctor today... 4 cm dilated and 60% effaced. And not in labor.

Doc said she wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor in the next 72 hours, but then again she said that last week. Little Miss just doesn't have a calendar in there apparently!!

5. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Emsmems: +2 station!? That's practically out!

6. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@AmandaB8: Wow!!! That sounds awesome and hopefully you go into labor soon

7. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

-2... Oops! Contractions are about 30-40 sec at 3-4 min apart... I'm just hoping it doesn't peter out and this is the real deal!

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Emsmems: That makes a lot more sense, lol. I'm pretty sure after +3 is crowning, lol.

9. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Emsmems: yay, good luck!

10. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Had my appointment this morning and I'm still not dilated. But I have a massage and pedi this Thursday, so I'm going to have them rub my feet and ankles a bunch to try and hit some pressure points and see if that does anything. I feel like LO is pretty comfy in there though, so we'll see. I found out that my Dr is on call the weekend of my due date, so that would be nice to have him deliver her!

11. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates:

1/4: TiffanyAnne
    1/4: Lately - GIRL
    1/6: Punky - GIRL
    1/12: AmandaB8 - GIRL
    1/14: Wahine08 - GIRL
    1/14: SuziMo - BOY
    1/15: Honeydew - BOY
    1/16: MrsH - GIRL
    1/24: PinkPeony921
    1/25: Lil Owl - BOY
    1/25: Mrs Rivera - GIRL
    1/26: Navy_Mommy - BOY
    1/26: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug - GIRL
    1/29: AmandaLynn - BOY
    1/31: DeannaB1

They're here! See the Arrivals board for more!

1/4: CreativeMomma15- baby girl born 12/21
    1/2: Penny Lane - baby boy born 12/23
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit - baby boy and baby girl born 12/26
    1/5: MamaBehr - Baby boy born 12/27
    1/7: VegMama - Baby girl born 1/4
    1/5: Lindsay05 - Baby girl born 1/11
    1/15: EmsMems - Baby boy born 1/14

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Had my appointment today. Still between 1 and 2 CM but she said I was very stretchy. She stripped my membranes but it didn't seem to do much. We'll see how I'm feeling after a walk tonight and sexy time with DH.

13. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Happy to announce that little Miss Natalie joined the world at 12:23 pm on 1/14!!!

14. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

We are also happy to announce the arrival of Graeme Richard at 3:46pm on 1/13 at 7lbs 4oz.

Graeme is in NICU and I'm here until Friday healing from an emergency c-section

boards.hellobee.com/topic/we-are-admitted

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@AmandaB8: @Honeydew: Congratulations to both of you! Love all these Jan babies.

16. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emsmems: @AmandaB8: @Honeydew: congrats mamas!

17. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@AmandaB8: congrats!!!!

18. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@AmandaB8: @Honeydew: yay! Congratulations! So excited our babies are coming. Can't wait for the rest of them to come (and I know you mamas can't wait either!)

19. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates:

1/6: Punky - GIRL
    1/14: Wahine08 - GIRL

1/15: Honeydew - Baby boy born 1/13
    1/12: AmandaB8 - Baby girl born 1/14

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Just checking in with the rest of the January mommies! How is everyone doing? Are you hanging in there OK?

I got a massage and pedi last week and it was awesome and so nice to be pampered for a day. But pretty much as soon as it was over, I was over being pregnant! I think I'm finally ready to meet this little girl and not be pregnant anymore. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still super scared of becoming a mom and having a little person to take care of and all issues that come with it. But I think now scales are tipping more in the direction of wanting to meet her more than me being nervous.

I don't think she's dropped yet at all and I still feel like I haven't dilated, but I have my appt tomorrow with my Dr, so we'll see. I'm going to ask about inductions and how long he'll let me go if I don't go into labor naturally. I've been trying to walk and have sex add much as I can, but dude... None of that sounds at all appealing to me right now! Lol.

21. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: You are SOOo close!! Are you doing Evening Primrose Oil? I think that can really help I'll be thinking of you!!!

22. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: No, not taking evening primrose. Like in pill form? You think it could help, even this late in the game? How much would I take?

23. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I was inserting two pills vaginally every night. I think it can help! It softens the cervix, and it was working on me, until I stopped taking it when my husband broke his leg. I've read that it can work really fast if your cervix is already ready.

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: vaginally? Haha, I was not expecting that! I'll have to think about that one.

25. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: we have a dr appt tomorrow to talk inductions. This kid is not coming out on her own.

26. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MrsH: i have a feeling that might be me too! My mom was 2 weeks late with her first, then was induced with the other 4 kids, so I'd say my chances are pretty high for an induction. but my Mom said they weren't that bad and her labors were fairly quick, so I hope at least for that!

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know what happens.

27. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Just got back from my Dr appt. I'm dilated 1 cm! She also dropped a little to -1 station. I was at least hoping that she dropped a little, so hearing that I'm dilated was awesome news! I high-fived my Dr. Lol. He also swept my membrane, so maybe that'll kick start things! He is on call this weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that if she decides to come, it'll be then. We did set an induction date of Feb 4th (9 days over), just in case. I'm super excited things are progressing! He gave me orders to have passionate sex with DH every night this week, haha.

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

No good news from the midwife this morning...

The baby is no longer "engaged." He went crooked and moved up.
    My blood pressure is getting too high so if I don't have him by next Tuesday they're gonna schedule an induction. If he hasn't engaged again and they induce my chances of needing a CS increase A LOT.

I've been instructed to avoid sitting normally as much as possible. Either be doing pelvic tilts, bouncing on a ball, or squatting. And to walk until my feet bleed.

I wanna cry. This is what happened to my Mom with my oldest sister. She ended up pushing for 3 and a half hours in the hope it would rotate the baby before having a cesarean.

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: aww, oh no. I hope your little guy moves back down soon! Keep your chin up. I'll send positive thoughts your way!

30. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Scheduled to be induced tomorrow night (which seems so far away!!!!).

31. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Per the recommendation of a friend, I got an appointment my chiropractor this afternoon. Hopefully he can get everything back where it needs to be. Bonus points if he puts in labor, lol.

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsH: eek!! Good luck!

33. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: That's great! Hopefully you go into labor this weekend

@Navy_Mommy: I hope that he sinks back in. I've heard good things about using a chiropractor

@MrsH: Enjoy your last few hours of baby freedom! It makes a difference to know the end is close, right?! Make sure you keep us updated

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MrsH: eee! Exciting! Good luck and I cant wait to hear about your sweet baby!

35. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MrsH: thinking of you! Hope everything goes smoothly and you'll be holding your LO soon.

36. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: thanks! Leaving for the hospital in 15 minutes! Eeeeee!

37. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsH: thinking about you!!! Good luck!!

38. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MrsH: hope everything is going well!

@Navy_Mommy: I hope the chiropractor helped!

39. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates:

1/15: Honeydew - Baby boy born 1/13
    1/6: Punky - baby girl born 1/13
    1/12: AmandaB8 - Baby girl born 1/14
    1/14: Wahine08 - baby girl born 1/14

40. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Emsmems: I can't really tell, honestly. Each day that passes just means I'm closer and closer to an induction (which I REALLY wanted to avoid). Its been pretty hard to deal with for me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee