Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Hope you're hanging in there. Happy due date twin!

Can't believe it's here already. Here is my 40 week bump shot!

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Yeah, I pretty much feel like I've been hit by a truck. My back and hips are basically falling apart. No sign of labor coming any time soon though.

3. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @Navy_Mommy: You guys look great! I hope you can have those babies soon and without complications, inductions, etc. Praying for safe deliveries for you!

4. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Navy_Mommy: @abbydabbydoodlebug: you both look fantastic!!! I hope you both have your sweet LOs in your arms (and thus not belly) soon!

5. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: poor thing. hugs! I hope these babies come soon for both of our sakes!

@creativemomma15: @MamaBehr: thank you!

I definitely had a moment this morning of not wanting my hubby to leave for work this morning. Total and utter breakdown. Sigh. I swear if anyone asks me if I've had the baby yet, I'm going to lose it, lol. And I'm only 1 day past due! It's just everyone has been asking since like 37 weeks so it's totally old. I need to spend some time praying and have some quiet time so I don't flip out on someone, lol.

6. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I was a "stretchy" 3 CM this morning. And apparently my water is "bulging " at my cervix. But, my blood pressure is too high.

So, she stripped my membranes and scheduled my induction for 6 am tomorrow. She's gonna start by just breaking my water and hope that gets things going enough that we can skip pitocin all together.

Definitely having some cramping now. And I lost a second mucus plug, lol. So, fingers crossed I go into labor on my own tonight!! If not, hopefully baby boy will cooperate tomorrow and I'll get to meet him asap!

7. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Everyone asking if I had a baby yet was the worst. Especially when I hit 40 weeks. I ended up turning off all of my FB notifications on my phone because I had a break down. And going off on MIL

You're in the home stretch ladies! Keep strong and keep going! Like DH said - "Babies are like wizards, they are never late, nor are they early, they arrive precisely when they mean to!" (It's a play off The Hobbit quote)

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Wow good luck! I hope the breaking of your waters works and you'll have your baby boy in your arms soon! Stay healthy and keep us updated!

@AmandaB8: haha, love that quote, especially in these circumstances!

9. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Navy_Mommy: You are in my thoughts! I hope you ended up going into labor!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I remember (when I was working) getting those dumb questions when I was only 36 weeks! Some people think they are so clever, when in actuality you hear the same comment about 50 times a day! I hope that you have your baby SOON and enjoy that quiet time, because it'll be gone soon

10. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: thanks, I know people are excited and mean well, buy ugh. Lol.

Had my appt this morning and I'm still the same as last week. Made an appt for Monday morning and if I'm still the same, he'll put me in the hospital that night and do cervadil and break my water in the morning. Hopefully I'll have improved and I will just go in Tuesday morning, or even better that I go into labor naturally before then! But he said for sure by Tuesday I'll have her.

11. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Ugh thinking of you ladies! The end is the worst but so forgettable once its over! Hang in there! Looking forward to updates!

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Oliver Michael was born yesterday after a very straightforward induction! I'll write the full story when I have better internet connection, lol. Hopefully we can go home this afternoon since we're both doing great!

13. Mrs Rivera

pea / 19 posts

Our daughter was born yesterday evening (29th January). Shes 3 kg and gorgeous.

14. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Navy_Mommy: OMG this picture just sums up every feeling! LOVE it! Congrats!!

@Mrs Rivera: Congrats!!

15. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Navy_Mommy: congrats! Beautiful pictures and I love his name! Oliver was on our list for a boy his time.

@Mrs Rivera: congrats!

16. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: right!? My friend came to take pictures. I actually went from 6 to 10 very quickly so I was at 10 before she got there. Didn't feel the need to push so we waited while my body labored down for a bit. Then I only pushed for about 20 minutes with no tearing at all so I was actually really surprised when he came out,haha. I'm pretty sure I was saying, "hello mister, I'm your mommy" in this picture, lol.

17. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you!!! He is so gorgeous and your reaction is just beautiful. Makes me tear up thinking about holding my LO soon.

18. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Navy_Mommy: congrats! Awesome name and a handsome little dude

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Peeking in to say congratulations! He's beautiful! Can't wait to hear about his birth.

ETA: Congrats to all of the lovely Jan. mamas!

20. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Just thinking of you! How are you feeling?

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: I'm hanging in there. Counting down the days until my appt on Monday. Dh and I went to a movie today and I'm trying to make the most of our last baby-free weekend. Just trying to enjoy this time before everything goes crazy. It's hard to be patient!

22. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates:

1/4: TiffanyAnne
    1/4: Lately - GIRL
    1/14: SuziMo - BOY
    1/24: PinkPeony921
    1/25: Lil Owl - BOY
    1/26: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug - GIRL
    1/29: AmandaLynn - BOY
    1/31: DeannaB1

They're here! See the Arrivals board for more!

1/4: CreativeMomma15- baby girl born 12/21
    1/2: Penny Lane - baby boy born 12/23
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit - baby boy and baby girl born 12/26
    1/5: MamaBehr - Baby boy born 12/27
    1/7: VegMama - Baby girl born 1/4
    1/5: Lindsay05 - Baby girl born 1/11
    1/15: Honeydew - Baby boy born 1/13
    1/6: Punky - baby girl born 1/13
    1/15: EmsMems - Baby boy born 1/14
    1/12: AmandaB8 - Baby girl born 1/14
    1/14: Wahine08 - baby girl born 1/14
    1/16: MrsH - Baby girl born 1/23
    1/25: Mrs Rivera - Baby girl born 1/29
    1/26: Navy_Mommy - baby boy born 1/29

Did I get everyone who has announced? And are the dates right? Congratulations to the newest mamas!!

23. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

My induction is scheduled for tomorrow 7:00 am (after a failed natural induction (whatever this really is) by my midwife yesterday) I feel like crap. I threw up all night/day and I'm terribly tired. I have no idea how to get through tomorrow....

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lil owl: Aww oh no. I hope you feel better soon so you rest up for tomorrow! I'm being induced for sure on Tuesday, but I have another appt with my Dr tomorrow morning to see where I'm at. I'm so excited for both of us! We get to hold our babies soon!

25. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

So I woke up this morning at 2am with contractions and part of my mucus plug came out. I got good consistent contractions for about an hour and a half at 7-8 minutes apart, but then they started spacing out and by 8am, they pretty much stopped. I went in to my Dr appt and he checked me and I'm at 2cm, but he is on the fence about placing the cervidil. So he told me to go home and walk and see if I can get contractions started again and if they do, to come in for another check to see if I'm at a 3. Otherwise, I'm going in tonight to check in at the hospital and get the cervidil placed and induce tomorrow morning.

I was so hopeful this morning! Sigh.

We went walking at the mall for 1,5 hours and it was SO difficult. Going to try to nap this afternoon since I only got like 3-4 hours sleep.

26. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: that's exciting!!! If you do get verbs dial, I got it with my first pregnancy and I was at a nothing, within 12 cm I was at a 6! So hopefully it works for you like that you are going to have your sweet LO soon

27. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: crazy night and morning! I only got about 2 hours sleep before contractions started up. I finally said uncle at about 330 because they were really intense and the floor was busy and I didn't want to miss it. It took 3 tries to place it and I ended up getting a hot spot on my hip and it was terrible! My water broke naturally about 30 minutes after the epi was placed and there is a little bit of meconium in it. Anyway, they tried all sorts of things to get my hot spot to go away but nothing was working, so I to get another one placed by a different Dr. This one actually worked! Thank God. I was able to sleep solidly for a little bit. The only thing is that Lily is being particular about the level of pitocin and the contractions it's bringing. So they turned it off for a bit and now they have it at a 2. Pretty much they said it'll be a low and slow labor. My Dr is coming to check me in a little while and hopefully I've progressed!

28. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: that's soo exciting!!! I hope that even if it's slow it doesn't hurt much I'll be thinking if you and checking this more frequently than I want to admit to see if she's here!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

29. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: my first labor was very slow like that. The end is near!! Good luck.

30. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: @Navy_Mommy: looks like it's going to be a c section. I'm just not progressing fast enough and baby is getting tired and I'm developing a low grade fever. Plus they think she's big and can't get low enough too.

31. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: you get to meet your LO soon! Make sure to take recovery easy. Be vigilant with your pain meds and don't do too much when you get home. If you have questions or concerns about a csection let me know! (And if you feel disappointed about it, that's pretty normal too. I was disappointed in my first csection) please post a pic when you can so excited for you!!

32. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug : wishing you good luck as you get ready to meet your little one. I just went through the same as you, not progressing fast enough and ending up with a c section/fever. Definitely stay with the meds. Also walking as much as you can handle by not pushing yourself too much helps the healing process. I just hit the 3 week post c section and was off meds completely at 2 weeks and walking really well at 10 days post.

33. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: @Honeydew: Thanks! I was a little disappointed when he first told me, but honestly, I was so tired and not feeling good that I just wanted to meet her asap. I was first in line to the OR, so we just went in and did it! There ended up being 3 more c sections after me, so I was lucky I didnt have to wait.

So Lillian Adele was born at 4:52. She was 8lb 14oz, 21 in long! She ended up having low blood sugar because of her size and had to be whisked away for the meconium and to get her blood sugar levels tested. So for about 4 hours I didn't get to see her, except for about 20 min we did skin to skin and tried to latch, but she wasn't having it.

But I finally got to see her and hold her at about 830pm! She's so cute and her blood sugar levels have stabilized from a little formula syringe. We got her to latch on and it seems like she's doing really well with it! I need some practice though.

We are so happy and exhausted. Looking forward to this new adventure!

34. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: yay!!! I'm so happy for you congrats

35. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: congratulations!!!

36. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: congrats! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

37. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug:congrats!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee