Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Jan 2014 Due Dates and Appointments

1. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Hi Ladies!

It's been awhile since I checked in! I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Last week's appt had me at 50% effaced and none dialated. I'm feeling more tightness and what I think are BH, mostly in the evening.

I'm getting pretty anxious! I can't believe we already have arrivals, I seriously feel like this time has FLOWN by! One more day for 2013 and we're officially in Due Date month!

2. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Officially 2 cm dialated!

I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm excited there's progress!

3. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Had my 39 week appointment with the midwife this morning ... All is well. Not sure about effacement or dilation since they don't start offering checks or sweeps until I'm past my due date. I have a feeling I'm dilating a bit (with the contractions & pressure I've been feeling).

I wanted to wish all of you a beautiful New Year!! As of tomorrow, we're in our due month, which is so exciting. Best wishes to all of you mamas!!

4. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Happy January all you January mamas! I'm so excited for this month and our LOs to arrive!!

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Happy January, lovely mamas! Rooting for you all this month

6. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Happy January!! Happy to seem some progress going on in here! I have not been checked yet, probably Monday if I make it until then. However, I am very uncomfortable and getting lots of sharp pains in my pelvic region. I am assuming baby is working its way down! Still no plug or show. Today I went on a cleaning rampage because I refuse to leave my house in a messy state when it happens!

Good luck ladies! To the ladies holding their sweet LOs, I hope recovery is going smoothly

7. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

Do you think you ladies would do a membrane sweep at 40 weeks if it were offered? My midwife mentioned it for my next appointment. I know it can cause premature rupture of membranes, which wouldn't be ideal for our home birth plan. So torn. I'm not in a hurry whatsoever, but I don't want to go over 42 weeks either.

8. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Vegmama: With DD I had it done at 40 weeks and at 41 weeks. If you're in no hurry I would say skip it at 40 and maybe try it at 41? Hopefully you dont have to wait until then!

9. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MrsH: @LovelyPlum: @Lindsay05: whoo hoo for January being here! Time has flown by!

@Vegmama: my midwife said shed do it at 39 weeks and I will take her up on it. I don't want to go overdue either, because I'm working (on my feet all day) until this baby comes. I know people who had it done and it didn't cause their water to break... But they do say they think it helped them go into labor!

10. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Vegmama: I did mine at 38.5 with DS1 and had him at 39 weeks. We were trying to get him out stat though cuz my BP was so high. If you're in no rush I would skip it.

11. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

You are all getting so close!! I hope you all get the births you hope for
    Here's a better pic of my sweet little boy, and hopefully I get around to writing up his birth story

12. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MamaBehr: so sweet!

13. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaBehr: awwwwww!!

14. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: love it!

15. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: cutie!!

16. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MamaBehr: congratulations. He's darling!

January Due Dates:
    1/2: Penny Lane - BOY
    1/4: TiffanyAnne
    1/4: Lately - GIRL
    1/5: Lindsay05 - Team Green
    1/6: Punky - GIRL
    1/12: AmandaB8 - GIRL
    1/14: Wahine08 - GIRL
    1/14: SuziMo - BOY
    1/15: Honeydew - BOY
    1/15: EmsMems - BOY
    1/16: MrsH - keeping it a secret
    1/24: PinkPeony921
    1/25: Lil Owl - BOY
    1/25: Mrs Rivera - GIRL
    1/26: Navy_Mommy - BOY
    1/26: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug - GIRL
    1/29: AmandaLynn - BOY
    1/31: DeannaB1

They're here! See the Arrivals board for more!

1/4: CreativeMomma15- baby girl born 12/21
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit - baby boy and baby girl born 12/26
    1/5: MamaBehr - Baby boy born 12/27
    1/7: VegMama - Baby girl born 1/4

17. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

My last appt at 38w 3d I was still 50% effaced but 1cm. This was a nurse appt which I've only had one other. My ob is on vacation until next Mon so I'm hoping baby girl holds out until then Almost 39 weeks!

18. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Had my appointment this morning (37w3d) more than 1 CM but less than 2, and between -2 and -1 station. She wasn't even gonna check me but I had a pretty substantial contraction while she was Doppler-ing so she decided to "check it out."

More walking and more sex! Wanna get things rolling, lol. I'm gonna TRY to convince her to strip my membranes next week. I have an appointment right before my monthly La Leche League meeting and my DREAM is to have my water break there, lol.

It sucks being due at the end of the month; I'm jealous of all you guys who have already had your babies!!

19. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Still cooking!! I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, and I'm getting impatient!

Actually, it wouldn't be that bad if LO hadn't found my sciatic nerve last week. Not fun at all!

20. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@AmandaB8: I'm impatient too!

Next appointment is Monday - can't wait.

21. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

Hi ladies, haven't checked in for a while. I'm 40w5d and this baby just doesn't want to leave (no dilation, 50% effaced as of Thursday). I go in Monday for an NST and to discuss a plan for induction. They were originally thinking inducing the 16th or 17th. but I just switched doctors so I have no idea what she'll want to do.

22. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

Still cooking here. Experiencing false labor right now and it's driving me nuts. Second day of false labor. 39w 3d.

23. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

I'm 4 cm dialted, and the doc said they're going to do an u/s on Monday to make sure baby still has plenty of fluids. My back has been KILLING me today. I'm trying to not get my hopes up that it's early back labor...but ya never know...

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@AmandaB8: the thought of being 4cm and NOT in active labor blows my mind. I had DS1 like 4 hours after hitting 4 CM, lol.

25. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Honeydew: as long as I'm moving around I have pretty intense false labor. Then I lie down and it stops, it me bonkers.

26. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Punky: good luck on Monday! I tell everyone if I go overdue with this baby just stay away, lol, cuz I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

27. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yeah I'm a little more emotional than I thought I would be. I think because everyone kept saying I would be early and she's measured ahead all along and now it's looking like she'll be 2 weeks late and a pretty big girl. Plus the idea of being induced without even having started to dilate scares me because so many times that ends in a failed induction and c-section. I think I'd rather just skip to a c-section than go through 24-36 hours of labor and then have one anyway.

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Punky: inductions tend to fail when people get induced EARLY. Your little girl should be plenty "done" and you'll be more likely to have a successful induction. Have you tried anything to naturally induce? Sex? Walks? Red raspberry leaf? Evening primrose oil? Castor oil?

29. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

January Due Dates:

1/4: TiffanyAnne
    1/4: Lately - GIRL
    1/6: Punky - GIRL
    1/12: AmandaB8 - GIRL
    1/14: Wahine08 - GIRL
    1/14: SuziMo - BOY
    1/15: Honeydew - BOY
    1/15: EmsMems - BOY
    1/16: MrsH - GIRL
    1/24: PinkPeony921
    1/25: Lil Owl - BOY
    1/25: Mrs Rivera - GIRL
    1/26: Navy_Mommy - BOY
    1/26: AbbyDabbyDoodleBug - GIRL
    1/29: AmandaLynn - BOY
    1/31: DeannaB1

They're here! See the Arrivals board for more!

1/4: CreativeMomma15- baby girl born 12/21
    1/2: Penny Lane - baby boy born 12/23
    1/30: Sugar.Biscuit - baby boy and baby girl born 12/26
    1/5: MamaBehr - Baby boy born 12/27
    1/7: VegMama - Baby girl born 1/4
    1/5: Lindsay05 - Baby girl born 1/11

30. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

I feel you ladies on being done! My midwife is going to strip my membranes on Monday, I'm hoping that'll jump start things!! My 30th birthday is tomorrow, so I think this baby should give me a bday present and come, but I doubt that!!

31. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emsmems: happy Birthday! I wonder if I can get my OB to strip mine on Monday....

32. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Oh she's plenty ready but at the moment I have an "unfavorable cervix". I've tried everything except castor oil, couldn't bring myself to do that one. I've made no progress in 3 weeks despite having regular contractions (7-8 minutes apart) for almost a day (which have now completely stopped). I know they'll try cervical ripening with induction and see how that goes. One doctor wanted to schedule a c-section if I'm still 0 dilated at my next appt., the other wants to try induction first so we'll see. I just want to have this baby

33. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Emsmems: my mom went into labor with me on her 30th birthday, so maybe baby will give you a birthday present! Happy birthday!

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Emsmems: Happy birthday and good luck at your appt today! Thinking about all of you a lot lately!

I can't believe I'm 38 weeks. I go in tomorrow for another check, but I was totally closed up and 50% effaced and -2 station last week, so we'll see if that changed. I'm actually not too anxious about getting her out yet. But I'm going for a long walk with friends today and been trying to have the sexy time with DH to help things along. "Trying" is the key word. It's hard with this belly in the way! haha.

35. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MrsH: @LovelyPlum: @abbydabbydoodlebug: thank you for the birthday wishes! I guess our little man wants to make sure he has his OWN birthday! Haha. And yes, abbydabbydoodlebug, totally understand the sexy time! We've been trying too, but it's definitely not all that sexy. Haha!

I go in in a few hours for my appt, but I just lost my mucous plug!! That makes me excited, even though I know it can mean nothing, but makes me hope things are already gearing up for labor and that my midwife stripping my membranes will send it over the edge. I can hope, right?

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow and hear all the "you haven't had that baby yet?" comments. Ugh, so sick of that. We shall see what the day brings!

36. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emsmems: UGH- i lost part of my plug this morning but I just left the Dr and I'm only 1 cm and the Dr said it wasn't enough to do a membrane sweep. I'm insanely discouraged now. I feel like this baby is never going to come out. I had contractions last night but they weren't strong enough and now I am so sore and unconfortable

Hope your appt goes better than mine!!

37. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MrsH: eek! That is what I'm afraid of, not being dilated enough. I'm sorry you are having a rough time :(. I totally understand wanting this baby out. Did you talk about induction at all and when that would happen?

38. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Emsmems: she said induction wouldn't happen before 40w1d and my next appt is 40w5d so we'd talk about it then

39. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm gonna beg my midwife to strip my membranes even though I'll only be 38w3d. Being this pregnant makes being a good mom to a 21 month old SUPER hard and I keep thinking I'm gonna end up being 42 weeks and still no baby. Its stressing me out.

DH and I have been BDing every day, I'm taking EPO capsules and inserting it vaginally, taking Christopher's Birth Prep, drinking RRL tea, eating 6 dates a day, walking at least 1.5 miles a day, letting DS1 nurse as much as he wants, and today I listened to my "come out baby" hypnobabies track for the first time.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

40. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Well I was 2cm, 70% effaced, +2 station... She stripped membranes and wow, I am really uncomfortable right now. She said spotting was normal after, and I am definitely spotting. It's like mucousy, bloody globs... Do you think that's bloody show? I don't know.

She told me to make an appt at 41 weeks (next Wednesday) but she didn't think if make it that long (I'm 39+5 today)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee