Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 milestones

1. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: way to go L! I'm sure you'll get to see it soon.

We have a tooth. 18 weeks. This babyhood is going too fast.

2. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@oliviaoblivia: wow!!! so exciting! how was teething?

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@yerpie110: not as bad as I expected, but she got her 4-month shots on Friday so I had been attributing her fussiness to that.

4. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@oliviaoblivia: that's hopeful to hear! L has her 4 month shots on Friday, definitely not looking forward to that.

5. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@oliviaoblivia: he did it on Sunday for me - yay! and wow, a tooth! that's crazy. I can't remember, are you bfing? Good luck with that! I am scared about teeth, no lie.

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: yay! Don't you just love the look of surprise/accomplishment they have when they do it? We are EBF, she hasn't bit me yet. Thank goodness. The tooth is on the bottom, and from what I've read it's the top ones that do the most damage while nursing. I really though I had more time with her gummy smile.

7. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@oliviaoblivia: wow! a tooth! that's crazy! R was being crazy the other day, but it was short lived. she did like it when i was massaging her gums, but at her 4 month appt yesterday, the doc didn't really say much. she said teeth between 4 and 17 months.... great. ha.

she did get measured again and she was at the 100th percentile for height. DH and i thought it actually ended at 99th. i guess she's going to grow out of her infant car seat much faster than i originally thought. she's still a string bean though!

8. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I think Liv will be walking and talking here soon. She is on the fast track! I am so nervous about teeth. I don't want to get bitten! Good to know she hasn't bitten you yet.

9. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@allison: she really is! it freaks me out! I joke that I must have really been 48 weeks pregnant when I had her. DH was a really early walker (8mos.) so apparently his mobility genes have come through.

@birdofafeather: L is 100% for height too! Tall girls on our hands. Her 9 mos. pants are getting a little short. She has to slow down at some point - DH and I aren't giants.

10. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@oliviaoblivia: TEETH ! Exciting ! Livy is just sooo cute!

We go to the doc next week- can't wait to hear J's stats. When I put him in his swing now (which he is too big for !) he lifts up his head and chest and leans over like he's trying to sit up or get out !

11. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@dagret: daycare told us that LO rolled from his back to tummy last week, so this weekend we spent a good portion just watching him. just sitting there. watching him. he did it eventually, but waiting for it was like watching grass grow. during a drought.

@oliviaoblivia: oh my goodness a tooth! how are we already at that point?!

@coacheswife123: that's exciting to see! it's amazing how fun it is to watch them learn to do things. seems like we're really entering a period with lots of developments.

12. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Is it bad that I consider my not adding anything into BabyConnect since Wednesday night a milestone? for me?

13. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

@dagret: Yes! Congrats! : )

I think I'll probably use it forever though...well not forever forever, but it usually makes me less crazy.

14. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@dagret: it *is* a milestone. i was sutured to that thing during maternity leave. now that LO has started daycare and i'm back at work, i don't use it anymore. it felt weird at first not to be recording everything on my phone, but also liberating.

15. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@dagret: i wish i could let go, but i am such a numbers person. it helps with my pumping and knowing how much stash i have! way to go!

16. pl0508

@birdofafeather: have you checked out the milkmaid app ?? I love it for pumping !!

I'm slowly letting go of baby connect and it feels wonderful !

17. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@coacheswife123: how's the "weaning" from baby connect going? haha.

almost every time we put LO down on his back, he is rolling onto his tummy. he's also doing it in the crib, and i just let him sleep on his tummy. anyone else doing that or are you flipping your LO's to their backs?

i was talking to him one day and thought he was trying to laugh, but haven't heard it since--can't wait for that!

18. pl0508

@edelweiss: still waiting on a full out belly laugh too ! And still using BC. I'm an addict

19. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@edelweiss: l is only rolling over during the day. Sometimes on to his side at night. I am planning on letting him sleep how he rolls though.

He has really started to laugh a lot- and I've found a couple of ticklish spots.

20. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

I have video of a full YouTube worthy laugh. It's the coolest thing ever! They actually played it on our video bulletin at school for all the students. It's on dylans blog if you want to check it out. I don't link to it in HB, so jut let me know if you want the address.

21. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

I've gotten Dax to really giggle a couple of times, but for the most part he does this silent laugh followed by a big gasp/yell. Which is totally how I laugh!

Right now I"m only using BC for nursing so that I can keep track of what side (especially on the weekends) and for night-time sleep. We stopped tracking diapers, but will start again if something seems funky (like we haven't noticed a poopy diaper in a while).

22. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@coacheswife123: So annoyed that milkmaid isn't available on android! I'd love to have a way to track how much milk I have. I just donated some, and had to go through and check each bag to add up my entire freezer stash. Urrrgh...

23. pl0508

@littlebug: I'm calling about donating today!

24. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@littlebug: I just put a month's worth of pumping in a big ziploc bag and label the outside with how much is in it. It's not a perfect system, but a little easier than adding up each little bag.

25. pl0508

@allison: I do this too !!

26. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: Yeah, I need to start doing that. Doing it my way had my hands nearly frozen solid! Ha ha ha.

27. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: PS - Love the new avatar!!

28. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@littlebug: Thank you! I figured it was time to change the preggo pic, haha.

29. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Also...I got a minivan today.

30. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@dagret: A minivan! You are officially a mom, now

31. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@dagret: totally a mom! What van did you get?

we're selling DH's mini and getting an outback. We need a bigger car for our frequent trips to our parents house and DH was going crazy while he has been watching her and trying to do errands without waking her up getting her in and out of his back seat. I feel like we're really adults now (because getting married and having a kid hasn't yet convinced me that I'm turning 30 next year and should consider myself an adult)

32. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@birdofafeather: it's a Honda odyssey. Used, but low mileage.

33. pl0508

J can roll back to belly like a pro now!!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: I missed your mini-van announcement! That's a huge milestone! Haha! I totally want one.

@coacheswife123: way to go J! It's been all tummy time at our house since L figured that out. She just won't stay on her back!

35. pl0508

@oliviaoblivia: he won't either !

I think we are very close to sitting unassisted too. Looks like L has that down from your IG pics!

36. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@coacheswife123: she sits really well if I put her in a sitting position. We've been working on her sitting up on her own. Her crunches crack me up.

37. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I'm so impressed by all the rolling and sitting up that's happening! E still isn't doing either, but he seems a lot closer to sitting up than rolling. He can roll onto his side, and if I put him on his side he can roll to his tummy, but he never chooses to do it all at one time. It's like the thought just doesn't cross his mind! Oh well, he'll get there soon enough. I just really want him to be able to sit unassisted in 6 weeks when we go to the beach.

How were everyone's 4 month checkups? Eli's isn't until next Thursday.

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@allison: her check up was great. Still a long chunker. The shots weren't fun and she was uncomfortable the two days after, but then got a tooth so I don't know if it was the shots or teething.

39. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@allison: L isn't a crazy roller yet either. He loves sitting in the bumbo though.

And he started blowing raspberries. It's the cutest thing.

His checkup isn't till June 13.

40. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@dagret: Yay. We have been toying with that idea also. Congrats

LO is now 5 months old! Man time flies!!! We are constantly rolling from back to belly but not belly to back. She loves to hear herself do little spurts of her highest pitch screaming, LOVE it! It is so funny, especially when we are reprimanding the dogs and she joins in...lol. She sit up really well in the bumbo seat but with the reflux it tend to made her spit up a lot. She is trying to sit up by herself all the time, and her "tripod" sitting is hilarious. We need to work on arm strength or else she becomes head and feet only...lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee