Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 Mamas

1. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: How do you resist the urge to give yourself an ultrasound, like, everyday? I’d never get any work done if I had the option.

2. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

My main workplace does not know I'm pregnant and I'd prefer to keep it that way for several more weeks. It is hard to take up space in a patient room without being weird about it. When I was pregnant with my 3-year-old my work schedule gave me totally private and uninterrupted access to ultrasound one day almost every week ...that was hard.

3. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

I had my first appointment today! Healthy heartbeat, EDD of Jan 25. I'm so relieved! We have decided to tell close family now, and make an announcement on facebook once we know the gender around 18 weeks.

We also switched OBs this time around since we didn't absolutely love our last one. I'm so glad we did because I love our new OB! He spent a long time getting to know us today and he really aligns with our views on things.

4. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

EDD: 1/11/2019 according to LMP but will have my first ultrasound in 2 days

First child?: #2, we have a 17month old son

Symptoms: Nausea, heartburn, bloating, fatigue

Shared the news with: husband!, inlaws, and some coworkers

Thoughts/concerns: Nothing much, just praying for a healthy baby, we wont be finding out the gender until birth so it will be a long pregnancy.

5. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

I had a bleeding episode last week. Has anyone else ever bled while pregnant? It obviously scared me, but by the next morning it turned from bright red to dark brown, and it was never enough to even show up on my underwear (only showed up when using the toilet).

I would have liked an ultrasound to make sure all is ok, but it happened the night before I flew across the country, and by the time I returned it hadn't happened again so I feel like I'm in the clear.

6. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

I just had a horrible week -- my father passed away suddenly the day before fathers day I've felt almost no pregnancy symptoms plus all the crying and stress left me really worried. But... I went in for a scan today and everything looked great. Measuring right on target at 10w1d with a heartbeat of 166. So relieved. My official due day is 1/19!

7. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@SteelerGirl: I've never had bleeding but many of my friends have and it was always ok!

8. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Just got our Harmony results back... All is well, and it’s another boy! Anyone else hear back yet?

9. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@thepicklemonster: I'm so sorry! I lost a close family member during my last pregnancy and the hardest part was knowing they will never meet. I hope you find peace and joy in the new life you are creating, and healing from the loss of your father.

10. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I had Informaseq drawn yesterday, so results should be back within 10 days.

I had my NIPT drawn at the same time as my prenatal panel, some primary care labs, and some stuff for work...it totaled 11 tubes!

I had my first visit with the midwifery practice last Friday. It was such a nice change from the physician OB office.

11. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@faithlove224: welcome! Our due month board has been pretty quiet (perhaps because we almost all have a kid already?). I’m hoping we get a little chattier as these pregnancies progress.

12. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

Question for those who already have a child:

What big transitions (if any) do you want to accomplish with your older child(ren) before the new baby comes?

We have debated potty training, moving out of the crib, and dropping the pacifier, but haven't made any solid decisions yet. I wonder how important it is to do those things before the new baby comes vs. after.

13. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@SteelerGirl: We'd like LO#1 (who just turned 3) to usually sleep in his own bed and I'd REALLY like him to fully wean without having to make a fight out of it.

14. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

Currently laying in bed for reduced activity after my CVS this morning. We won’t get results for up to two weeks on whether or not the baby will have chromosomal problems, so I’m a little anxious. But, looking forward to finding out the sex!

Hope everyone else is doing well as our group starts entering the next trimester.

15. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@SteelerGirl: Those issues are definitely all on our radar! If all goes well DS will be 27 months when the baby comes. He certainly isn’t ready for potty training or moving to a bed now, but so much can change in the next few months! I know everyone says keep them in cribs as long as possible but I’m worried it will be hard to get him in and out by myself once I get huge and also after I give birth, since I’ll probably have a repeat cs. And it would be nice to not buy a second crib but that’s not a big deal. He does paci mainly for sleep and I’m not in a huge rush to get rid of it. I guess we’ll evaluate this stuff around his birthday in October but will probably stick to status quo and deal with potty training after the baby comes.

16. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

DD1 will just have turned two, and while I'd love to not buy another crib, I doubt she'll be ready for a bed. My goal for her is to be sleeping in her own room by then. We moved 6 months ago and are just now getting her room ready- I just want my room kidfree for a few months before the new baby comes!

17. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

@thepicklemonster: So sorry for your loss, I'm glad everything is doing well with baby.

@mrs.someone Congrats on your boy! do you have an ultrasound pic to share, I'm into the nub and skull theory so was wondering if anyone here wanted to take guesses on each others ultrasounds.

18. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@faithlove224: Here is my latest scan if you feel like taking a guess! I’m TG. Looks like a nothing blob to me lol. This was transvag at 10w1d.

19. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@faithlove224: we found out the gender through the Harmony blood test (#old), and I havohad an ultrasound since 9w! I think my next one is the anatomy scan, so way too late for any theories. TBH, I don’t put much stock in those anyway...

The only change I’m planning for my son before baby is to move him into his “big boy room” by his bday in August! I was hoping to paint it last week since he was in camp until 3 every day, but I’ve still been feeling pretty crappy 😕

20. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

My FIL just asked my husband how many rooms we have available for December/January 🙄. I sent my husband an AirBnB listing and told him that I will not host a houseful of guests shortly after pushing a baby out. And if we could schedule it perfectly, I’d have his parents arrive the night before the Bris... Pretty sure my MIL knows better though.

21. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I should have my NIPT results back sometime between tomorrow and Monday. I was feeling pretty chill when I had it drawn, but as the days have passed my anxiety has been ramping up further and further. After 4 bad pregnancies in a row (at least 2 of which were chromosomally abnormal), it is really hard to have any faith that this one will be okay; I feel almost convinced this one will be a trisomy 13, 18, or 21.

I know @RASPBERRY & @KATROCAP are waiting on CVS after high risk screening results...so I feel a little silly/self-indulgent being this anxious when I don't have any bad news yet.

Hope you all are hanging in there.

Anyone else waiting on labs or have significant appointments coming up?

22. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: I totally get the worrying, founded or not. Fingers crossed for good results for you!

23. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

@lilyofthewest: The worrying is completely normal and terrifying! Especially after 4 bad pregnancies. Honestly, I can't even imagine. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

24. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: I just re-read my last post to you, which was posted quickly and insensitively - I’m sorry. I definitely was referring to anxiety in general and not trying to say in anyway that your worrying might not be founded. Do you have any update? Waiting over the weekend really sucks.

25. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Raspberry: It didn't come across insensitively at all!

I got the call with my results last night and all is well! I'm feeling relieved and also shocked. Now, this pregnancy is real, oh shit, almost certainly going to have another kid.

Do you know how long you have to wait for your CVS results?

26. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@lilyofthewest: YES!!!!! I am so happy for you. 😁

27. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: Amazing update! A huge weight must be lifted off your shoulders. Preparing to announce your pregnancy now?

My CVS was last Wednesday. By Friday I got the first set of results - no trisomies, and it's a .

I am supposed to get the second set of results within two weeks so I should find out by next Wednesday. My husband has balanced translocation and we are hoping this baby will not have the rearrangement or at most will just be a healthy carrier like DH.

28. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

@raspberry: So happy for you and your little girl! I'll be thinking of you and your family as you wait for the second set of results.

29. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

Update: Our baby girl does have the chromosomal translocation they were looking for, but it is balanced. We anticipate she will be a healthy carrier like dad.

I have an OB appointment on Friday and we plan to announce to family after that.

30. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Raspberry:

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@Raspberry: so happy for you!

32. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

@raspberry: What wonderful news! I'm sure you will enjoy announcing the news to your family.

33. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: @bhbee: @Katrocap: Thank you!

@Katrocap: Wishing nothing more than for you to join me with good news very soon.

34. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

@raspberry:

35. LuckyDione

pea / 5 posts

Hi Everyone!!

Congrats on your January 2019 baby!

EDD: 1/4!

First child?: Yes! I'll be 34 when I give birth.

Symptoms: So.much.fatigue.

Shared the news with: everyone! family first, then close friends. We won't do a announcement on social media.

Thoughts/concerns: I'm trying to eat very healthy. No added sugar (ie no desserts), plenty of greens, and also cut back on flour. I'm so grateful to be pregnant but also very much looking forward to being able to eat whatever I want again and not worry about how it will impact my baby :)!

36. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@luckydione welcome!

So glad test results are coming back well for everyone! We got the panorama results back and everything is low risk. And, it's going to be another girl. Mostly glad because we already have a bunch of clothes in the right seasons, lol.

37. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@LuckyDione: Congratulations! How exciting to be having your first! I admire you for eating so healthy. In my first trimester it was all I could do to force myself to eat ANYTHING.

38. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@LuckyDione: seconded on the healthy eating admiration! I think I just ate bread and crackers for 6 weeks. Now that I'm feeling less nauseous I'm starting to put more veggies back into my diet. I can't wait to eat a nice cold deli sandwich again!

39. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

Hey ladies,
    I haven't been posted for two reasons: 1) my EDD keeps shifting between 12/30 and 1/1, so I'm not sure what board to participate in, but mainly 2) I'm waiting for results of my CVS, which should come any day now. We have a very high chance of trisomy 21 and are devastated about it. Any and all positive thoughts are appreciated!

40. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Katrocap: I've been thinking about you often. I've been in the position of waiting for bad pregnancy news but trying to remain hopeful too many times. I'm very much hoping you get good news, but I also know the odds are not great. If you do get bad news and proceed with termination, I'm happy to answer any questions or just listen. I've worked in abortion care for the last 15 years and currently work in a practice that largely sees maternal and fetal indications. I've also had two of my own D&Cs.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee