Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 Mamas

1. lilyofthewest

pear / 1607 posts

@thepicklemonster: I dunno! I'm around, but not posting much here because *crickets*

2. Raspberry

kiwi / 563 posts

@thepicklemonster: @lilyofthewest: I had chalked it up to most of us already have kids, so it’s not our first rodeo.

Maybe it’s because I’m older but I have found this pregnancy way more uncomfortable, anyone else?

3. thepicklemonster

cherry / 240 posts

@Raspberry: YES!!! I am 24w5d right now and feel the discomfort that I felt at around 34+ weeks last time.

4. lilyofthewest

pear / 1607 posts

@Raspberry: @thepicklemonster:
    I looked through the thread and realized there are only 11 of us...at least 2 of whom don't seem to actually be active on hellobee. So, that probably contributes too. There were 20+ mamas in my April 2015 thread, all of whom were very active on the bee.

I'm definitely more uncomfortable earlier on this time around. I didn't have much heartburn until 30+ weeks with my first, but, it has already been going strong for over a month now. And the intercostal and oblique hernia that my first ripped open is bothering me already. This baby also spends most of its time breech or transverse, which is not the most comfortable.

5. SteelerGirl

cherry / 133 posts

I feel like this is a pretty boring part of pregnancy. I'm not super huge or uncomfortable yet, all the diagnoses and "finding out" stuff has already happened. Now it's just a waiting game. I find myself forgetting that I'm pregnant sometimes!

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5223 posts

Hello! How is everyone doing?

I’m at 31w now and was told that I may be starting weekly non-stress tests at 34w due to my APS. Everything is going well otherwise though!

And we still can’t agree on a name for this baby boy 😂 But I think I’ll finally be able to start painting his room early next week!

7. Oopdah

pea / 19 posts

@Mrs.Someone: we can't decide on names either! Not even enough to narrow it down...

I've gotten to the waddling stage, sigh. I try to correct it when I notice, but it definitely creeps in. Otherwise, pregnancy is doing fine, my appointments are all boring since it's my second and I seem to have gotten all my worries out with the first one. Or, maybe I'm just too tired taking care of a young toddler to sit around thinking of all the bad stuff that could happen?

8. thepicklemonster

cherry / 240 posts

@Oopdah: I’m the same way! I was so worried last time and this pregnancy I am not anxious at all!

I’m 29 weeks and absolutely enormous. I’m as uncomfortable as I was at 38 weeks in my first pregnancy and I’ve felt like this for about a month. Aside from that, things are uneventful. Had my 1 hr glucose test yesterday and get results today.

9. SteelerGirl

cherry / 133 posts

Last week we successfully transitioned our toddler to her new bedroom, complete with a full size bed. Miraculously she took to it with NO issues. She now refers to her old room as "baby brother's room". We also switched her car seat to forward facing and dropped the pacifier in the car seat (still use it for sleep). So I'm really excited that we got all these major transitions out of the way before the new baby comes! The only one left is potty training, which I'm still on the fence about.

Anyone have an opinion on whether to potty train before or after a new sibling? She's 2y3m now. I just don't want her to regress and have to start over. I only want to do it once!

10. thepicklemonster

cherry / 240 posts

@SteelerGirl: Awesome! We are transitioning DS to his new room very soon, likely next week. Also contemplating turning him forward facing. Everyone tells me to wait to potty train until after baby comes, plus I don’t think he’s ready anyway. I think we’ll do it when he’s closer to 2.5... he just turned 2 in October.

How’s everyone doing? I had my growth scan last week and learned this baby is already estimated at 4.5+ lbs which did not surprise me! My belly is beyond huge and DS was almost 9 lbs.

11. Oopdah

pea / 19 posts

@SteelerGirl: that's great! We moved DD to a twin bed in her own room a couple of weeks ago and had an equally easy transition. I kept waiting for a regression, but she loves it! We're not ready for potty training yet (almost 2 yo), but I'd probably wait a few months after the new baby.
    @thepicklemonster: good luck on your upcoming room move, hope it goes easy as well!

Eek, tomorrow I'm 35 weeks! Feeling pretty huge and uncomfortable, but I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in weeks, so feeling pretty proud of myself.

12. lilyofthewest

pear / 1607 posts

I had #2 on Thanksgiving morning via emergency c-section following a previa bleed and abruption. More here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/marginal-placenta-previa-upsetangry-about-change-of-birth-plans

13. pachamama

pear / 1600 posts

@lilyofthewest: How are you doing!!!? I have been thinking a lot about you and lilywest baby boy

14. lilyofthewest

pear / 1607 posts

@pachamama: I'm feeling pretty good. My recovery really turned a corner Sat/Sun. I've started adapting/compensating/recovering/something from the anemia from the hemorrhaging -- feel way more energetic.

Baby is continuing to improve, but there are a few things that are worrisome about potential long-term sequelae of prematurity and/or oxygenation compromise with the abruption. He's about 2-weeks behind expected competency with suck/swallow and feeding and has some atypical leg movements. We're waiting for a neuro consult to try to learn more. We don't have any kind of prediction for a discharge date yet. Apparently 32-week babies usually only stay for 2-to-3 weeks, but they also usually have feeding skills from day one.

Another hard thing right now is that he's being supplemented with formula (to fortify my breastmilk for a higher calorie yield in a low volume). I'm pumping every 2.5 hours around the clock, expressing more than 750mls/day...but my baby is still getting formula. My older kid was EBF.

15. pachamama

pear / 1600 posts

@lilyofthewest: ugh I'm sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better. The formula thing is tough for sure (nothing against it all all, but when #1 is EBF, you kinda expect that again!). At least you are pumping and he's getting mama milk. My best friend had an abruption (actually, 2 of my good friends did) and things were definitely tricky at the beginning (both boys). They did rebound very well and are healthy little monsters these days. FWTW. xoxo

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee