Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 Mamas

1. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@thepicklemonster: I dunno! I'm around, but not posting much here because *crickets*

2. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@thepicklemonster: @lilyofthewest: I had chalked it up to most of us already have kids, so it’s not our first rodeo.

Maybe it’s because I’m older but I have found this pregnancy way more uncomfortable, anyone else?

3. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Raspberry: YES!!! I am 24w5d right now and feel the discomfort that I felt at around 34+ weeks last time.

4. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Raspberry: @thepicklemonster:
    I looked through the thread and realized there are only 11 of us...at least 2 of whom don't seem to actually be active on hellobee. So, that probably contributes too. There were 20+ mamas in my April 2015 thread, all of whom were very active on the bee.

I'm definitely more uncomfortable earlier on this time around. I didn't have much heartburn until 30+ weeks with my first, but, it has already been going strong for over a month now. And the intercostal and oblique hernia that my first ripped open is bothering me already. This baby also spends most of its time breech or transverse, which is not the most comfortable.

5. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

I feel like this is a pretty boring part of pregnancy. I'm not super huge or uncomfortable yet, all the diagnoses and "finding out" stuff has already happened. Now it's just a waiting game. I find myself forgetting that I'm pregnant sometimes!

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Hello! How is everyone doing?

I’m at 31w now and was told that I may be starting weekly non-stress tests at 34w due to my APS. Everything is going well otherwise though!

And we still can’t agree on a name for this baby boy 😂 But I think I’ll finally be able to start painting his room early next week!

7. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@Mrs.Someone: we can't decide on names either! Not even enough to narrow it down...

I've gotten to the waddling stage, sigh. I try to correct it when I notice, but it definitely creeps in. Otherwise, pregnancy is doing fine, my appointments are all boring since it's my second and I seem to have gotten all my worries out with the first one. Or, maybe I'm just too tired taking care of a young toddler to sit around thinking of all the bad stuff that could happen?

8. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Oopdah: I’m the same way! I was so worried last time and this pregnancy I am not anxious at all!

I’m 29 weeks and absolutely enormous. I’m as uncomfortable as I was at 38 weeks in my first pregnancy and I’ve felt like this for about a month. Aside from that, things are uneventful. Had my 1 hr glucose test yesterday and get results today.

9. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

Last week we successfully transitioned our toddler to her new bedroom, complete with a full size bed. Miraculously she took to it with NO issues. She now refers to her old room as "baby brother's room". We also switched her car seat to forward facing and dropped the pacifier in the car seat (still use it for sleep). So I'm really excited that we got all these major transitions out of the way before the new baby comes! The only one left is potty training, which I'm still on the fence about.

Anyone have an opinion on whether to potty train before or after a new sibling? She's 2y3m now. I just don't want her to regress and have to start over. I only want to do it once!

10. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@SteelerGirl: Awesome! We are transitioning DS to his new room very soon, likely next week. Also contemplating turning him forward facing. Everyone tells me to wait to potty train until after baby comes, plus I don’t think he’s ready anyway. I think we’ll do it when he’s closer to 2.5... he just turned 2 in October.

How’s everyone doing? I had my growth scan last week and learned this baby is already estimated at 4.5+ lbs which did not surprise me! My belly is beyond huge and DS was almost 9 lbs.

11. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@SteelerGirl: that's great! We moved DD to a twin bed in her own room a couple of weeks ago and had an equally easy transition. I kept waiting for a regression, but she loves it! We're not ready for potty training yet (almost 2 yo), but I'd probably wait a few months after the new baby.
    @thepicklemonster: good luck on your upcoming room move, hope it goes easy as well!

Eek, tomorrow I'm 35 weeks! Feeling pretty huge and uncomfortable, but I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in weeks, so feeling pretty proud of myself.

12. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I had #2 on Thanksgiving morning via emergency c-section following a previa bleed and abruption. More here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/marginal-placenta-previa-upsetangry-about-change-of-birth-plans

13. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@lilyofthewest: How are you doing!!!? I have been thinking a lot about you and lilywest baby boy

14. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@pachamama: I'm feeling pretty good. My recovery really turned a corner Sat/Sun. I've started adapting/compensating/recovering/something from the anemia from the hemorrhaging -- feel way more energetic.

Baby is continuing to improve, but there are a few things that are worrisome about potential long-term sequelae of prematurity and/or oxygenation compromise with the abruption. He's about 2-weeks behind expected competency with suck/swallow and feeding and has some atypical leg movements. We're waiting for a neuro consult to try to learn more. We don't have any kind of prediction for a discharge date yet. Apparently 32-week babies usually only stay for 2-to-3 weeks, but they also usually have feeding skills from day one.

Another hard thing right now is that he's being supplemented with formula (to fortify my breastmilk for a higher calorie yield in a low volume). I'm pumping every 2.5 hours around the clock, expressing more than 750mls/day...but my baby is still getting formula. My older kid was EBF.

15. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@lilyofthewest: ugh I'm sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better. The formula thing is tough for sure (nothing against it all all, but when #1 is EBF, you kinda expect that again!). At least you are pumping and he's getting mama milk. My best friend had an abruption (actually, 2 of my good friends did) and things were definitely tricky at the beginning (both boys). They did rebound very well and are healthy little monsters these days. FWTW. xoxo

16. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Sooooo tired of being pregnant and uncomfortable! 38w today but hoping baby is out over the weekend. How are the rest of you doing?

17. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Beyond uncomfortable! Can barely walk. Counting down the days (22 until my RCS) but also need to prepare. Just moved DS into his new room and need to girl-ify the nursery.

I’m ready to see some more January babies!!! Let’s go!

18. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Just popping by quickly to say that baby boy arrived! After 3 nights of fake-out labor, he finally came on Wednesday 12/26. He was 6lb 10oz, 19” long. We’re doing well so far, especially now that my milk is in.

19. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Congratulations!!! Hope you’re getting a little nap here and there!

20. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@Mrs.Someone: awww congrats!! Is this your first?
    I have absolutely no indicators of labor here at 38w and I'm wondering if my makena/progesterone injections had anything to do with it. No contractions, no mucus changes, I'm still super high, not even peeing a ton or uncomfortable, no weight gain, NOTHING!! . I feel like because I did these injections until 36 weeks, he's going to stay in and I'm going to have to be induced 😥

21. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@pachamama: nope, this is #2! My water broke at home at 38w 6d with both. This time labor took about half the time though!

22. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Congrats! Hope you are doing well.

I have one more OB appointment before my 1/11 c section.... it’s getting kinda real now!

23. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@Oopdah: How are you? 39 weeks now??
    @SteelerGirl: I missed your question about potty training. What did you decide to do?

24. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@pachamama: yup, 39w 5d! Just last night I had a couple of contractions that felt real, but they seem to have stopped. Unless things get interesting soon, it looks like I'll be having a 2019 baby after all!

@Mrs.Someone: Congrats!

25. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@pachamama: We actually just started potty training over the Christmas/New Years holiday! We're Jewish so we had lots of time off work, and nothing to do, so we went for it.

It's wayyy more stressful than I anticipated, and also taking way longer! We thought by the time she went back to daycare we would be mostly there, but definitely not. She's peeing in the potty self-initiated 99% of the time, but we haven't got a single poop in the potty yet. She holds it until she gets a chance away from us (for 2 days at a time) and then goes in her pants.

We have decided this is just going to be a long process and we're letting go and just taking it easy. She's doing fantastic peeing in the potty though so we're super happy about that! And we're prepared for a regression when baby brother arrives.

26. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Are you having a Bris tomorrow? I'm trying to get plans together (as much as possible) for our son's Bris. I would love to hear how yours goes!

27. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@SteelerGirl: unfortunately the mohel (also a pediatrician) said our son isn’t ready for a circ right now (just a cosmetic thing), so we’re doing a Simchat Ben instead tomorrow. And we don’t really know what that entails since it’s so uncommon and the rabbi I called didn’t call back. But my husband will figure something out! Good luck with yours!

28. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Wow I've never heard of that happening! Glad to hear you're making the best of it and still holding the Simchat Ben. I would still love to hear about it- especially because it's so uncommon!
    Can you also tell me about naming your son? Did you name him after anyone? Are you giving him a Hebrew name? How did you choose it?

29. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@SteelerGirl: my son’s middle name is after my husband’s grandfather, but his first name is just one we liked. As for a Hebrew name, we haven’t agreed on anything yet 😬 his name starts with L, and there seem to be very few L Hebrew names!

30. SteelerGirl

cherry / 247 posts

@Mrs.Someone: That's so interesting thank you for sharing! We haven't settled on any names yet, but my husband just suggested two Hebrew names for ours- Yoshua and Aron. They are the Hebrew names of his deceased Uncle and Grandfather. The problem is, HIS name is Joshua, and my brother is Aaron! I think that makes those names off limits but he thinks since they're Hebrew, not English, it doesn't count.

31. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

After a somewhat dramatic birth, I had my baby girl late Jan. 3rd! I had contractions off and on since my due date, the 2nd, but never hit 5 min intervals so stayed home. Well, after 24 hours they picked up fast and furious, and I was in the lobby of the hospital when my water broke and I was in transition. Barely made it to a triage room before I started pushing and had the baby 25 min after arriving. Was really really disappointed I couldn't get an epidural, but at least it was over quick!

Now we're all home and recovering.

32. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@Oopdah: Congrats! Sounds like it was wild!

33. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@Oopdah: that's crazy!! So glad everything worked out. Are you home now?

34. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@pachamama: yes, we're home now, figuring out how to be parents of two. It's going well, but I'm glad DD1 is going back to day care today.

35. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

Margot Lillian arrived this morning via repeat c section, weighing 8 lbs 7 oz. We are all doing great!

36. Oopdah

coffee bean / 30 posts

@thepicklemonster: congratulations! I love her giant bow.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee