Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Year of New Beginnings and BFPs AKA January 2014 POAS!

Here’s to a month of new beginnings and the start of a great New Year! I am so excited to be your MC this month and a special thanks goes out to littlek for managing the list the last couple of months.

Now, let’s get this year off to a great start with plenty of BFPs !

A little about YOU

Estimated O Date:
POAS/AF date:
Cycle #:
Chart link:
Trying new this cycle:
What are your New Year’s resolutions?

Let's hear it ladies!

1. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

Good luck to everyone!!

2. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Good luck ladies!

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I'll be checking in periodically to be a cheerleader! Good luck to everyone; I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts and baby dust!

4. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

I have been WAITING for this thread to start and have been dying to re-join a POAS thread since September!
    Finally!!!

Estimated O Date: I have an FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) coming up on (or close to) Jan 8th!

POAS/AF date: I don't think I have to trigger before the transfer, so I think that means I can test as soon as 4 days after! So I'm tentatively going to say Jan 12th!

Cycle #: 15 (though I've had 2 missed miscarriages in 2013, so there were a few months that we didn't try since I was either KU, my body/mind/heart was healing, we were waiting for various test results, waiting for IVF, etc)

Trying new this cycle: IVF w/PGD! We had a retrieval on Dec 7th, got results back on the 18th and are now prepping for transfer in the first week or so of January.

What are your New Year’s resolutions? To try and relax. Let this journey take us wherever it takes us! And to hire a trainer again. I worked with a trainer for 1.5 years before my first BFP (and I was ripped) and its been downhill every since. I'd like to start working with someone again (because I certainly don't have the knowledge or discipline to do it myself).

5. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Thanks everyone for your cheerleading! Here is my info:

Estimated O Date: Unsure, had an anovulatory cycle last month so I am doing another round of Clomid 50mg this time around.
    POAS/AF date: TBD
    Cycle #: 2
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MrsPanda
    Trying new this cycle: Taking it a little easier. Not going so crazy with supplements and saying yes to exercising/eating well.
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? To get into a healthful state of mind and body for future baby!

6. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@SweetiePie: Haha sorry I didn't know when to go ahead and pull the trigger! So excited for you to get your transfer though! Good luck and fingers crossed!

7. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

I'm going to join, but I probably won't be incredibly active on the thread. Of course, I'll check in, but being too active makes me stressed out about seeing a BFN. Selfish, I know, but please know I'm hoping the best for everyone!

Estimated O Date: Unsure... Sometime in the past week.
    POAS/AF date: Jan 11 - maybe the 10th as I'll be traveling on the 11th.
    Cycle #: 5
    Chart link: I don't chart
    Trying new this cycle: Unintentionally cutting out caffeine... We're with family for the holidays and neither set of parents keep caffeinated drinks in the house.
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? Clean more, exercise more, read more

8. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

lots and lots of baby dust ladies!! good luck!

9. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Hello everyone!

Estimated O: Christmas Day
    Estimated POAS: approx January 8
    Cycle #: first NTNP cycle for baby #2
    Trying differently: N/A
    New Years Resolution: finally getting drivers license. I'm a 36 year old who lived in NYC for 15 years.

Chances are slim that we are pregnant this month since we only dtd one time in my fertile window this month and it was 4 days before O but ya never know. Good luck everyone!

10. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Estimated O Date: Smile on December 17, 18, 19
    POAS/AF date: Jan 4th
    Cycle #: Been trying since October so 3, but active for 2
    Chart link: no chart
    Trying new this cycle: OPK and pre seed
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? to continue to work out, and more often (my personal trainer has resigned so I am on my own right now until I find a new one. I don`t do well on my own!!)

I turn 31 in January, so if this cycle doesn`t work out, my next POAS is my birthday.....

11. fotolori1

apricot / 386 posts

Hi everyone!!!!

Estimated O date: Dec 20th
    POAS/AF date: Jan 2nd or 3rd
    Cycle #15
    Trying differently: had HSG done this cycle and progesterone level checked at cd21: levels were 24.6 which they said was great! Also used preseed, mucinex and tried the instead cup once. (Not ever again! Didnt like that at all!)

Chart link:
    My Ovulation Chart

New Years Resolution: the ever popular LOSE WEIGHT! Get in better shape and learn to RELAX where ttc is concerned.

12. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

Good luck everyone!!!! Hard to believe I was on the Jan 2013 POAS thread :-O

13. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Good luck ladies!! I hope 2014 brings everyone a big fat !!

14. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

Hi all and good luck (sorry, that's as much positivity as I can muster at the moment :/)

Estimated O Date: the 18th
    POAS/AF date: I probably won't be....AF seems to be arriving about 3DPO right now, so no testing needed
    Cycle #: 5 for #2
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/381bac
    Trying new this cycle: Might be trying some B6 and/or vitex to lengthen my luteal phase. Also I'll be checking in with my Dr. this month to see if there's anything else I can do while still BFing.
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do more with my son. Enjoy him every day, even if we're just stuck in the house. Make sure my husband knows how much I love and appreciate him every day. Travel more. Worry less.

15. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Good luck this month ladies!!!! Rooting for you all!

16. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: thank you for starting this!

Estimated O Date: not sure...

POAS/AF date: not sure...

Cycle #: 7 trying. We had to skip actual cycle 7, so this puts us at month 8.

Chart link: n/a

Trying new this cycle: wondfos and sex every day during the

What are your New Year’s resolutions? Get healthy! I need to get in shape and lose at least 50lbs. My ultimate goal this year is to be a mom though!

Question: I
    went through a mc at the end of November. If my cycles stay in track from what they were, then I should start my next cycle Dec 31. However, I just had some EWCM a few days ago, which would make my next cycle start a week or two late.

If you went through a m/c, how long before your cycles went back to their regular length?

17. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@runnerd: @Smurfette: @sarbear: @Torchwood: @HLK208: @delight: thanks for the well wishes!!!!! Fx we all get BFPs this month!

18. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Jumping on as a cheerleader! Can't wait to see those BFPs!

19. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Good luck, ladies!!

@SweetiePie: eek, eek, eek!!!

20. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

Good luck ladies!! I'm sitting this month out. No POAS for me. But I'm still going to lurk because HB is just too addictive!

21. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Here is the first night's quick recap:

A year of NEW beginnings and !!

Future September/October Mamas :

Mamas to be :

January 3: fotolori1
    January 4: MrsScottish
    January 8: MrsMccarthy
    January 10: Weagle
    January 12: SweetiePie

TBD: Mrs.Panda, Keppa, Crystal

Cheerleaders: HLK208, delight, Torchwood, sarbear, MamaMagpie, Smurfette, runnerd, Mrs. Microscope, LovelyPlum, MrsMcD

22. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Estimated O Date: I think I o'd yesterday or the day before yesterday (CD 11 or 12)
    POAS/AF date: January 11 if I manage not to test early!
    Cycle #: we actively TTC for 7 cycles then took a NTNP break for 2, so this is cycle 10
    Chart link:
    Trying new this cycle: I wasn't sure if we were going to actively try this month or wait until January but I had really strong and obvious O signs so we went for it and I feel our timing is really good this month!
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? Getting my health back on track, focusing on being more money conscious again, and just having fun!

23. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

Good luck, everyone!! Hoping for lots of BFPs!

24. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

Good luck ladies!! I'm totally nosy about who the new September mamas will be!

25. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Estimated O Date: 12/26
    POAS/AF date: 1/12
    Cycle #: not sure, I think 9 or 10
    Chart link: not charting this cycle
    Trying new this cycle: BD after ovulation (usually stop on ovulation day)
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? More exercise, less sleep and finding more motivation and inspiration, both in work and life.

26. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

And good luck and BFP wishes to you all!!

27. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Cheerleader here

Good luck everybody can't wait to start see all the new bfp for the new year

@SweetiePie: yay I'm going to be cheering so hard for you mama I'm so glad you're back on the ball!

28. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

Cheerleading here :). Lots of luck to everyone!!!!!!

29. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

Thanks @mrs.panda: for starting this!

Estimated O Date: depends on how well b6 works on lengthening the end of this cycle.
    POAS/AF date: tbd put hopefully the end of the month.
    Cycle #: 6
    Trying new this cycle: b6 and hopefully vitex before O, same as @keppa: !
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? Hmm I think I need to try nt to get down about all the baby announcements in my life. Remind myself that what happens o other people is no reflection on what will happen to me... Don't know how well that will go!

30. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

O: tomorrow or Tuesday, so 12/30 or 12/31.
    POAS date: 1/10 or 1/11. I am an early tester.
    Cycle: #1 of trying for #2
    Trying new this cycle: Well, actually trying. I had an HSG on CD7 so hopefully that will be the ticket.
    Resolutions: Not many, but I want to spend my time this winter cooking, making yoga a priority, and getting lots of quality time with DD and DH.

Good luck everyone!

31. fotolori1

apricot / 386 posts

@Septca: how did your HSG go? Were your tubes open or were they blocked before the hsg opened them?

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Hi everyone! I am glad to be active on this board again after having a miscarriage in July.

Estimated O Date: January 1st
    POAS Date: January 15
    Cycle: #1 since our miscarriage
    Trying new this cycle: only thing new is just trying again. I got a BFP on my first try last time so I won't do anything different

New Years Resolution: just staying healthy across the board. Healthy me, Healthy Family, Healthy Pregnancy, and Healthy Baby (hopefully). Hope to see a lot of BFP this month!

33. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@fotolori1: my first HSG ( before I got KU with DD) showed that both tubes were blocked, but my doctor was able to clear the right side. I got KU the next month. This time, both tubes are OPEN (?!?!), but there are scars/adhesions between my left ovary and tube, so a pregnancy from that side is still extremely unlikely.

34. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

Cheering you on! Good luck ladies!!!

35. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Hey ladies! I had a missed miscarriage in October and am still waiting for my first visit from AF - I thought she was coming yesterday, but it just seems to be spotting so far. My cycles pre-MC were about 35 days, so I probably won't get to POAS in January...but I'll be cheering you on! New year, new babies!

36. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Estimated O Date: 1/9
    POAS/AF date: 1/21
    Cycle #: 3
    Chart link:
    Trying new this cycle: temping. I've had really hot temps the last couple days which is confusing.
    What are your New Year’s resolutions? Finish some of these shows+ movies we've had sitting around half-watched forever! Maybe read more books for fun too.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Yeah back at it I am TBD I am on day3 of 7 on PROVERA to get things going! I'm looking at tentatively January 17-20 for our IUI!!!
    BEST OF LUCK TO ALL AND BRING ON THE 2014 BFP

38. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@PawPrints: what CD are you? When I temp my temps remained high a few days into AF.

39. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

A year of NEW beginnings and !!

Future September/October Mamas :

Mamas to be :

January 3: fotolori1
    January 4: MrsScottish
    January 8: MrsMccarthy
    January 10: Weagle
    January 11: Boopers, septca
    January 12: SweetiePie, LittleLashesToes
    January 15: Eko
    January 21: PawPrints

TBD: Mrs.Panda, Keppa, Crystal, Snowdrop, FaithFertility

Cheerleaders: HLK208, delight, Torchwood, sarbear, MamaMagpie, Smurfette, runnerd, Mrs. Microscope, LovelyPlum, MrsMcD, Pepper, googly-eyes, Honeygold89, Mrs. Confetti, Kate6214, mfa_lady, littlek

Thread Closed

This thread has been closed.

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee