Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2013 Due Dates!

1. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@deerylou: @Foodnerd81: Its evening here now and I've just poured my wine.... I'm having it as two half glasses, topped right up with ice and sparking water! Refreshing!! Its lovely AND brings down my blood sugar.

2. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

Hi ladies!!

Don't know I'd you saw my announcement on the main page, but my little one, Maya Victoria, arrived at 12:23 am July 12--- 1 week early. She's gorgeous and doing great!! We are in the hospital, due to be released tomorrow (she looks a little yellow but want know about jaundice until this evening when blood results are back).

I don't have any good pictures together yet, but here she is with my hubs and my mom!

3. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Anagram: She is so, so lovely! She looks so alert!! How are you feeling?

4. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@Anagram: so beautiful!! I hope your jaundice tests come back ok! Our LO had it, and a couple days on a light blanket helped oodles. Totally an easy fix, so don't stress

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bookworm:

6. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@Cherrybee: @Bookworm: I'm feeling alright--- definitely still recovering downstairs. And Maya does have jaundice so she's going to be under the lights all night, which is hard for me to be away from her so long--- and they STRONGLY suggested supplementing with formula because they said that I'm to be released tomorrow so my choices were to try just lights, which will take couple of days and I will be released but she'd have to stay--- or they can do lights/formula after every time I give colostrum and chances are better she can go home with me tomorrow.

So we chose to go full force all night and hope she gets released tomorrow. =( the good news is that I'm getting a good amount of colostrum and they are letting me try to feed every 3 hours before they top her off with formula.

7. Bookish

@Anagram: aw, well I'm happy to hear they think they can knock it out quickly, and that your colostrum is coming in! I don't blame you for wanting to get it done so you didn't have to leave her... I guess that's one blessing of my c section, they wouldn't let me leave for four days, by which time she was ok to be discharged. Good thing, because I told DH I wasn't leaving without her. Good luck and I hope you guys go home tomorrow!!

8. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@Anagram Congrats!! She's gorgeous

@Bookworm That's a great idea about the Spanx! I'm wearing a postpartum support belt now and looking for something that's tighter for after baby actually comes. I'll keep those in mind!

I'm inching toward my EDD. Things are happening (I'll spare yall the TMI) so hopefully it won't be long now! I'm trying to get over my anxiety and envision a quick and smooth delivery

9. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

Oh and @.Twist. Welcome! What an exciting birth story!

10. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Anagram: I hope you are both cleared to go home on the same and that they clear that jaundice right up! It seems so so common (at least around these boards!) but it must be really hard when it's YOUR baby.

I was actually just reading about a slightly increased risk of jaundice with delayed cord clamping-- the benefits outweighed any small risks, but they recommended being aware of it and making sure treatment for the jaundice was available. I wondered if that could have anything to do with why it seems like so many babies have a touch of it.

I'm 37 and a half weeks here. I was feeling a little off and crampy all day yesterday and started getting anxious-- my last day of work is Tuesday and I have a few more things that *I* want to finish up, I don't want other people going through my stuff to finish! But it's morning now and I'm still pregnant, so no problem

11. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

Well, today is the last day for DD to ignite this whole birth process on her own. Tomorrow is induction day, ahhhh.

I'm getting so nervous - I'm actually starting to doubt my abilities to survive with a newborn. They sound really, really difficult!

12. Bookish

@deerylou: you can do it! I have literally zero experience with babies, do not have a heckuva lot of patience, and am a ridiculous scheduler...and I'm loving it. The instincts/mothering side of me really did come out. You'll be a great mom good luck!

13. Foodnerd81

Finally packing my hospital bags today. I may be bringing more clothes and outfits for the baby than for me or DH. I keep holding up outfits and thinking either, "No way could a person be THIS small" or "I couldn't possibly be pushing someone THIS big out". Logic FTW.

I predict I will use approximately 15% of whatever I pack.

14. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

OMG you guys!!! OMG!!! I've just got back from my obstetrician appointment..... I'm being induced on SUNDAY!! Like: this Sunday!!! I will be 38+4. When my OB told me, my jaw nearly hit the floor and I couldn't function for a few minutes!! I mean, I was expecting it but.... it just seems so real, all of a sudden!! So close!!! I'm going to be a mummy in a week!

15. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: Whoa!! It's weird how we have so long to prepare for this, but all of a sudden it's like-- what?? NEXT WEEK?? Are you going to do anything fun this week to spoil yourself? I'm going to have to go over to the August bees since you all will be off to greener/more tired and sore and amazing pastures...

16. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: Good luck today! I hope the induction is going well and we get the good news about your baby when you are ready!

17. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Aaw, you never know, you could spontaneously pop this week?!!

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, really.... I'm going to try to rest as much as possible, get some sleep in if I can. I am also going to try to get a date night in with DH and a girly evening in with BFF over the weekend. It's all very surreal!!

18. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@Anagram: She is perfect!!! Congrats!

19. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Foodnerd81: Thank you so much! My induction is scheduled right around dinner time, so we're just enjoying the day as much as possible. Excited, but very nervous.

@Cherrybee: It's crazy, isn't it? My induction was scheduled just under a week ago, and it seemed so sudden, at the time! However, now it seems like it was ages ago. Since this week will likely drag, fill your days with enjoyable, relaxing outings, and make sure to spoil yourself, lots!

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Whoops, I see that my phone apparently decided to post bomb your thread ("2 Days ago"). Sorry about that ;). But since I'm here....

@Anagram: Maya is gorgeous!

@deerylou: Good luck today, I'll be thinking about you!

@Cherrybee: aiiieee, I can't believe it's our turn so soon! Will be keeping an eye out for updates from you on Sunday/Monday

@Foodnerd81: You're welcome to join us on the August board

I'm 37+3 today.

21. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@deerylou: I'm thinking of you, lady. I can't wait to see your update, read your story and see a pic of your LO if you decide to share.

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yes, finally it's our turn!! It's been a long time coming, huh? You're only two days behind me..... I will be keeping my eye out for updates from you!!

23. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Cherrybee: Thank you, friend! I am super excited for you - you're less than a week away from your big day!

I'll definitely be back with updates. Depending on how it goes tonight, I may just check in with more complainy-pants rants from yours, truly.

24. Bookish

@Cherrybee: Ooo exciting!!! So glad you have a date! Get lots of rest and enjoy your week!
    @deerylou: good luck tonight! I'm sure it will be great, I can't wait to hear how it goes. Feel free to complain/vent away!

25. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

My little girl was born yesterday (Sunday 7/14). It was an unbelievably fast labor/delivery at right about 6 hours.

After a fairly difficult delivery with my first that was filled with many interventions, I'm just in awe that this time went so, so differently. I still can't believe I did it!

She weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and was 19 in. Since we delivered at the birth center (not hospital) we got to come home right away so we spent the first night in our own bed.

My toddler met her this morning and is in love! He showers her with kisses and squeals with excitement whenever he sees her. We will see how long that lasts

@Deerylou Thinking about you today! Hoping you have as smooth a delivery as possible and enjoy your dear, sweet newborn. Just follow your instincts and you will do great. You are the perfect mother for your baby!

@Foodnerd81 I've heard there are lots of benefits to delayed cord clamping. We did it this time (couldn't last time because of meconium) and it was awesome to see she got all her blood. When the cord was finally cut there wasn't any blood in it at all.

@Cherrybee Sunday! How exciting! You should most definitely spoil yourself this week!!

26. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@deerylou: Hope everything is going well! Thinking of you.

@glimmersnaps: Oh my goodness, congratulations!! I'm so glad everything went well! I hope you are enjoying lots of newborn snuggles tonight

27. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

Here she is...

28. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@glimmersnaps: Oh my word!! Congratulations!!! She is amazing!! Look how healthy and pink she is - there's something in this delayed cord clamping, huh?! Look at all her hair!!!!! Do we have any names yet?

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Right ladies, we need an updated list:
    June – JH524 – Baby boy arrived 3/7/13!
    2nd - Deerylou - team pink! - Induction booked for 7/15/13
    3rd - Pepper - team blue!- Baby boy arrived 6/25/13!
    5th - Rahlyrah - team blue! - Baby boy arrived 6/16/13!
    7th - Cranberry - team pink!- Baby girl arrived 6/24/13!
    14th - Bookworm - team pink! – Baby girl arrived 7/4/13!
    16th - Glimmersnaps - team pink! – Baby girl arrived 7/14/13!
    17th - Ourwiredlives - team blue!
    18th - Mrslilybugg - team pink!
    19th - Anagram - team pink! – Baby girl arrived 12/7/13!
    20th - Southpaw - team blue!
    26th - MrsVDV - team blue!
    30th - Foodnerd - team green!
    31st - Cherrybee - team pink! - Induction booked for 7/21/13

Have I missed anyone out?

30. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@glimmersnaps: awwww!!! Congrats on a beautiful baby!!!!!

31. Foodnerd81

@glimmersnaps: Congratulations! Look at those chubby little arms already. And so much hair! Did you have a lot of heartburn? That's the one old wive's tale that seems to hold true.

Today was my last day of work!! I was really busy the last couple of days getting everything wrapped up, but now it's kind of surreal. I'm almost definitely not going back after my mat leave is up, so while I haven't officially notified work, I'm pretty much done with the whole office, 9-5 thing for the next several years. It's going to take some getting used to. Now I'll just be home nesting and taking care of last minute details.

@Cherrybee: Is it still super hot where you are? I hope you are holding up OK.

@deerylou: Hope everything went wonderfully today! I haven't been on the boards all day so I don't know if I missed an update but I was thinking of you.

32. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

Sorry to leave you all hangng! Our little girl was born yesterday at 7:27 am after about 12 hours of labor. She is the most precious, amazing thing I've ever done. I ended up with a spinal headache after my first epidural injection was unsuccessful, so I'm getting a blood patch today. I'm recovering nicely, but am unable to stand without throbbing pain and the spins in my noggin.

Will update with details, birth story, and pics as soon as I can state at a screen for longer than 2 minutes.

Love and support to all! Thanks for being such a great group!

33. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@deerylou: Wonderful news!! Sorry to hear about your headache, but so glad she is here and healthy! Looking forward to your birth story and pictures. Congrats again!!

34. Bookish

@deerylou: congrats!! Hope your head feels better, can't wait to hear more!

35. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@deerylou: Congratulations! I hope your head feels better!

36. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: Congratulations! Hope that headache gets better soon but I'm so happy to hear the news about your little girl!

37. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Ourwiredlives: Happy belated due date!

@Mrslilybugg: Happy due date!

38. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@deerylou: Aaaaw! Congratulations!! I'm so sorry to hear about your spinal headache, I hope they can sort it quickly for you. I'm happy to hear you're out the other side, can't wait to hear more and see a pic if you decide to share!

39. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@glimmersnaps: congratulations!! She is so precious.

@deerylou: yikes! Sorry to hear about the epi, but congrats on your little girl!

How's it going mamas? What are some successes and struggles?

I'm happy that breast feeding has been going well. It still hurts and my nipples are cracked a bit but Lukas has a good latch. Sleep is a big struggle. I haven't gotten a lot of it. I have such a 'routine' going that I feel like I never sleep.

40. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@deerylou: Congrats!! Hope you are feeling better, I hear those spinal headaches are a ^%$#@!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee