Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2013 Due Dates!

1. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@mrsvdv: Oh my goodness! This is great news, you will be holding your baby soon!!!! My advice - take lots of things to occupy you in case the induction takes a little while to get going. Even once the early labour part (where you dilate to, like, 2cm) had kicked off it wasn't very painful for me at all and so being stuck in the hospital was tedious. Oh and take snacks!

2. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@Cherrybee: Yep, that's how mine look when they are on. They will probably take some getting used to for her... it took LO a few tries, and at first, all she really had in there was the big plastic nipple. Now that she's older, she sucks in more of the plastic areola part. I hope your support worker can give you some tips, because they totally saved my a** for nursing. Good luck!!

edit: and if you have any ready made formula or can express breastmilk, put some on the tip of the shield so she gets the idea that the milk comes out of it!

3. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Bookworm: @Cherrybee: thanks for the tips! I'll make sure to bring some magazines and stuff! (and do some last minute squatting!) I'm still hoping he might decide to come on his own but knowing this waiting will be over in a few days no matter what has somehow helped me to relax a little bit more and I'm glad about that! I'll keep you posted!

4. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Bookworm: Oh that's a great idea, I can put some formula on there! I don't suppose milk will come out of it right now but perhaps when my milk comes in? Whatever that means!

5. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@Cherrybee: definitely when your milk comes in, for now I'd just try to get her used to the feel of it, and see if you can get her to latch with the formula incentive. It was really, realllly obvious when my milk came in... It was like my boobs exploded in size overnight. Even so, it took a day or two of the nursery nurse helping LO to get it figured out.

6. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@mrsvdv: how are things? My advice that I wish I'd taken is sleep as much during early labor as you can. I was too excited early on then couldn't sleep by the time I got tired. Good luck!

We got home today from the hospital and so far so good. Hot a shock when I realized my colostrum is Bright yellow but glad it's in. C is sleeping in my arms right now and it's just amazing.

7. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Foodnerd81: jumping in to say congrats!!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee