Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2013 Due Dates!

1. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@.twist.: so far our main struggle is sleep during the day... Girl apparently doesn't like naps :p. I'm also struggling with trying to figure out pumping... I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or what but I barely get anything when I pump. I'm starting to worry about my stash when she goes back to daycare.

But on the plus side, she sleeps over 4 hrs on her first stretch at night!!

2. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Bookworm: ah yea! Our guy doesn't like to sleep at night! He's a little night owl. I also can't pump much. I did the first couple days but since he's been home from NICU, it's gone way down. I'm sure your supply will adjust when she goes to daycare, the LCs I've talked to seem to all say that your supply will adjust to your needs. Hopefully yours does!

3. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

You guys..... I've got a confession... I'm really scared about Sunday. I've been pretending I'm not but the closer it gets the more sick I feel. I'm scared of pain and internals and needles and pushing and tearing and not being in control... and having a baby....! Agh! Its not even the induction thing, I'm scared of labour generally. This is normal, right? You were all sh1tting it, right?!

4. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Cherrybee: I'm pretty much just not thinking about it as much as I can and am more focused on being scared of the after part. But yeah... I hear you.

I'm mostly just getting increasingly uncomfortable. I'd like for baby to wait until 39 weeks (Tuesday!) but I just can't get comfortable. There's too much baby in there already. And I'm tall with a sort of long torso. How do short people do this? Were you just really uncomfortable a lot earlier?

5. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Hoe do you know I'm short??! I am, I'm 5'4", and I haven't really got uncomfortable in the middle (the sciatic nerve pain 16-30 wks was uncomfortable!). I've been carrying low the entire time though and bumped out in a big way really early - I think maybe my abdominal muscles were super weak! So Im carrying out not up (with terrifying stretch marks to prove it). Did you have quite strong ab muscles pre pregnancy? That's my theory!

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Cherrybee: obviously no personal experience yet, but I feel the same way. I've even had a few panic attacks about it (hospitals=my worst nightmare). I mostly fear loss of control.

Just have to keep reminding myself that labor and delivery isn't forever, and that the end result is worth it.

7. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: haha no, I did NOT have strong ab muscles! I've been carrying very low the whole time, but lately I feel like its moving up. Plenty out too though. Who knows.
    And I didn't mean you YOU were short ( though I knew you were ) just shorter people in general

8. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Cherrybee: when I found out I was having my baby a month early, I had a major meltdown. I was so not prepared for the pain or anything. You are not alone!

9. Foodnerd81

This board is slow, what with everyone but me having their babies! I'm feeling like I may not be far behind though- ice been having menstrual like cramps on and off since last night and definitely had some uncomfortable, but not painful, contractions this morning. I have a midwife appt this morning anyway so I'll be glad to get her take but I'm feeling like it won't be much longer. I wouldn't mind a few more days but am excited to meet this baby!

10. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Foodnerd81: you're not alone!!! Today's my due date and I'm getting anxious! I've been having cramps on and off, but nothing timeable yet... Let's hope we can both meet our babies soon!!!!

11. Foodnerd81

@mrsvdv: oh good luck and happy due date! My cramps and such seem to have tapered off which I'm fine with. I wouldn't mind making it to my due date.

12. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Hi Everyone! We're finally out of hospital! Elliott May is now 4 days old and she already has me wrapped around her perfect little finger. Breastfeeding is a complete nightmare - we are supplementing so heavily I guess you could say we are formula feeding and supplementing with breastmilk!

How is everyone doing? @Foodnerd81: @mrsvdv: @StrawberryBee: any news or signs yet?

13. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: so glad you are all at home and getting settled! Loving Elliot's name and I'm not the least bit surprised she's got you wrapped around her finger! Sorry to hear breast feeding isn't going so well.

I'm actually fairly certain I'm in labor right now! Been having contractions for about 11 hours now, mostly about ten minutes apart and starting to be more painful- but I know they willve getting a lot worse! So far so good though.

14. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Foodnerd81: @mrsvdv: hope you gals get to meet you LO's soon! Not much longer now!

@Cherrybee: yay to being home! Sorry to hear breast feeding isn't going well. Are you not producing enough or is it painful?

15. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

Penelope and I are in the same boat - "supplementing" with breast ilk. Wishing you well, and sending kisses to little Elliot!

16. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Oh my goodness, so exciting!! Good luck, you are going to totally rock this!!

@.twist.: Ugh! A bit of everything. Elliott is tongue tied, I have flat nipples and she's either too sleepy or too frantic to eat, there's no middle ground right now. So its hard to get her going and when I do its toe curlingly painful. I'm pumping every 3 hrs to ensure my milk comes in but I've never gotten a drop so maybe I have low supply too??

@deerylou: Aaw, Penelope! What a beautiful name!! Its so hard, isn't it? I mean on one hand I don't care what I feed her as long as she is fed and I wonder why I'm putting myself through this. On the other hand I would feel guilty if I just gave up without trying everything I can. The worst is the feeling that you're shoving your boob in their face when they just want food.... and the fear that I'm maybe doing it for me rather than for her...

17. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Cherrybee: aww, welcome home! Sorry to hear breastfeeding is such a struggle. Hang in there, and if you have to switch over to all formula it's not the end of the world :). If she's getting some breast milk right now then I would think it's worth it to continue trying, up to a point. There are some things we just can't control!

No braxton hicks, no contractions, just chilling and w a i t i n g. I'm still working, but have decided that Thursday (day before my due date) will be my last day. Honestly though, I don't feel 'ready for it to be over'. I'm uncomfortable but not too much so, if that makes sense. I think the worst part right now for me is just not knowing! Going into the hospital is going to be so surreal; I still haven't completely accepted that it will be me. In a hospital. Giving birth (!).

@Foodnerd81: So exciting, I'll be thinking about you!

18. Foodnerd81

@StrawberryBee: I totally get the not really being ready for this part to be over. Like I'm excited but I wasn't in a huge rush. Looks like baby is ready though- I'm just about at 5-1-1. Waiting a bit more to go to the hospital since I can still talk through the contractions though.

19. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Foodnerd81: Wishing you a complication-free, easy L&D!

20. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@Foodnerd81: Barging this thread to say good luck!!

21. Bookish

@Foodnerd81: awesome to hear!!! Good luck!

22. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Cherrybee: oh girl. tongue ties suck. Lukas had one too, they snipped it and he immediately had a better latch. Not sure if that is an option for you, but it made a world of difference for his latch and the state of my nipples.

Ultimately, as long as babe is fed, that's the important thing!

23. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Foodnerd81: Thread stalking to say HOORAY! I hope everything goes really well for you, and you have an easy, smooth delivery. Can't wait to 'meet' your little one!

24. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@StrawberryBee: Its great that you're not too uncomfortable, you can enjoy the end of your pregnancy and cherish every moment! Yes, the whole experience is rather surreal for me too and it still is! I can hardly believe I have a child!!!

@Foodnerd81: Thinking of you! Can't wait to meet your little one and finally find out if he or she's a nerd or a nerdette!

@.twist.: Our city's hospital dont snip tongue ties at all (they told me it would stretch??!) but my bteasfeeding support worker has a direct referral line into another hospital - trouble is its a 4-6 week waiting list. Theres a private LC in my area that can do it for a fee (which we are willing to pay) but she's going off on holiday for a month so we are still talking the end of August. With Lukas, did you find that he gave up on the breast and just lay there?? What were the symptoms for you?

25. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Cherrybee: oh gosh, that sucks! Lukas tried really hard to latch and he did feed, but my nipples were destroyed. Bleeding and cracked.

26. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: you did this on a ward, with other women in labor, without your husband? Now I really understand what that means. Holy crap you are a rock star.

Still at home, but contractions are getting much harder to work through. I'd love a nap but not sure that's gonna happen.

27. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Foodnerd81: Such exciting news! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

28. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: I know, right?! Sounds like you're getting like close to the bit where the real fun starts.... You can absolutely do this and you get to meet your baby so soon!!! Its worth every second, I promise!

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@.twist.: Oh I know how that feels, my nipples are like two rotten scabs right now! I could totally deal with that for 4-6 weeks if she came away satisfied.....

30. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Foodnerd81: you can do it!! So exciting!

@Cherrybee: yea, I understand that completely. So frustrating.

31. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Foodnerd81: omg so exciting!!!!!! Best of luck, I hope everything keeps going smoothly, I'll be stalking this thread for updates!

@Cherrybee: it must be nice to finally be settling in at home with LO! I hope bf gets better soon!

As for me, I'm 4 days past my due date with no signs of labor starting soon.. I think I lost my mucous plug over the weekend and I had some serious cramping over the last few days but this morning everything seems to have stopped again. I've got an appointment with my ob in an hour so we'll see what he says!

32. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

Just a small update: apparently I've made zero progression over the last week (no dilation, no effacement).. also my bp is getting a bit high, so they want to induce on Wednesday evening and baby will hopefully be born on Thursday. Not the news I was hoping for and I'm nervous and a bit scared of being induced but I knew this could happen.. Let's hope baby decides to come on his own before then! And if not, I'll be holding him before the week is over!

33. Foodnerd81

Baby Foodnerd is here! And she's a girl! Natural vacuum assisted birth after her heart rate went a little nutty but everyone is doing great. She is even breast feeding- though I don't know if she's getting anything, she sure seems to like it. We are so in love. Little miss Clara, born 7/29/13 at 7:15 this morning. I'll post more later when I've had more than 8 minutes of sleep in over 24 hours.

34. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

Congrats mama! Love the name! So happy for you

35. Bookish

@Foodnerd81: yay!! Congrats and beautiful name!! Get some rest!

36. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Foodnerd81: Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys and what a beautiful name!! Well done!!

37. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Foodnerd81: congratulations! beautiful name!

38. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Oh my!!! What wonderful news!!! A girl!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the world Miss Clara!

39. Bookish

@Cherrybee: have you tried using a nipple shield? LO has a bit of a tongue tie and I have flat nipples and it's been the only way we can nurse. It's a bit of an annoyance to use, but nursing doesn't hurt when I use it. Hope it gets better for ya.

@mrsvdv: aw, I'm sorry that's how it's shaping up, but how exciting that you will have your LO soon!! My water broke a few days before my scheduled induction...I have no idea if all the squats and DTD the night before helped get things moving, but it might be worth a try

40. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Bookworm: I bought some but I have no idea what they're meant to achieve. I put them on and then I had big empty plastic teats sticking out from my breasts, with a tiny bit of nipple at the base of the teat? Did I do it right?? I tried putting baby girl to the breast while wearing them but she couldn't get any of the areola into her tiny mouth (she struggles with this anyway but even more so once it was covered in plastic) so wasn't stimulating milk... (I don't seem to have any milk anyway ). So, yeah, we just kinda sat there with an empty plastic teat in her mouth until she started crying and I gave her a bottle.....

.... am I doing it wrong????!

My breastfeeding support worker is coming to the house tomorrow, I will see if she can show me how to use the darn things!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee