Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2013 Due Dates!

1. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

It's been a rough weekend. MIL was admitted to the hospital on the fourth of July for tightness in her chest - ended up getting two stents for an artery blockage. Since we spent most of the weekend visiting her, I was exposed to a stomach virus, which is currently plaguing SIL's family. I've been down for the count since last night. Can't help but be a little bitter about being exposed to those germs.

Going to attempt a membrane strip on Tuesday, and am *hoping* it works. I am so uncomfortable, and ever so tired of being pregnant. My induction will be set in stone on Tuesday, and I think I might request for it to be this week.

Thinking of you all, and hoping everyone is feeling well, and progressing nicely!

2. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@deerylou: I am so sorry to hear about your MIL! I hope she is going to be released soon. Get lots and lots of fluids and rest, here's hoping you can beat this before Tuesday. Thinking about you and your entire family!!!

3. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@deerylou: Ugh I'm so sorry you are dealing with a stomach bug on top of being 9 months pregnant! That is just unfair! I hope you can kick it quickly and be recovered before labor. And, of course, that your MIL recuperates quickly!

4. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

@deerylou Oh no! I had a stomach bug earlier on and I can't imagine going through it now. Stay hydrated!!!

So my little chickadee decided to un-engage. I'm glad though because she wasn't in the optimal position (looking sideways instead of back) so hopefully she will do it right next time My mom got here and I'm so relieved to have an extra set of hands. Moms are awesome!

Have a good week, ladies!

5. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Any July babies yet????

Baby Roy was born July 3rd at 4:52 am weighing 8lbs. 5oz. I had an incredibly hard labor and delivery that ended via C -section but all I went through was truly worth it to have him in my arms. Just got home from hospital two days ago and trying to recover and be mommy are hard but I'm doing it and I love it. I will post my birth story after awhile.... Here's a pic of my baby Roy at 1 day old

6. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Oh my goodness, he is just so perfect! Congratulations!!!! Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery.

7. Foodnerd81

@jh524: Oh my goodness-- he's PERFECT! Congratulations!

Nothing new here. Just trying to get through one last week of work then my maternity leave starts! 37 weeks today, so officiall full term, but of course, I'm hoping for at least one more week, preferebly two.

8. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@jh524: He is gorgeous! Congrats mama!

9. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@glimmersnaps: Thank you; I am feeling much, much better (well, as good as I can feel at 41 weeks)!

@jh524: My lord, he is stunning. Congrats on a job well done, and a beautiful, little snuggle bug.

My 41 week appointment is today. *throws confetti* Going to attempt another membrane sweep - hopefully doc is successful this time, and I can finally meet my baby girl.

10. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@jh524: Aww he is beautiful!! Congrats!!

@deerylou: Ah, hoping for a successful sweep for you!

11. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Pepper: Thanks for the kind thoughts!

So, the sweep attempt wasn't very successful. I'm a "very tight two centimeters" (lovely), so my doctor wasn't able to go in very far. I'm cramping/bleeding, but nothing to write home about. DD is very, very low, though.

My induction is scheduled for Monday evening, at 41+6. It made me so depressed to make that appointment.

12. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@deerylou: Don't get discouraged! She could still come on her own. I was barely 2 cm (one doc even said 1.5) when my water broke.

Lots and lots of good thoughts your way!

13. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@rahlyrah: Thanks, so much! I'm definitely hoping for the best, and just attempting to take it, day by day. I feel like the irritability is irrational, but unstoppable. I'm a hormonal freight train.

14. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@jh524: Aww how precious! I'm sorry you had a rough birth; mine ended in a c-section too, so I'm right there with you on the recovery. Enjoy your bundle

@deerylou: Sending positive thoughts your way! You never know, my water broke the Thurs before my induction when I was 2cm! You might go into labor any min!

As for the rest of you, I hope you are all doing well! Hang in there!

15. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@deerylou: I was 1 cm when they did a membrane sweep on me, and it worked!

16. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@jh524: awwww he is precious!! Congratulations =) wishing you a speedy recovery!!

@Foodnerd81: 2 1/2 days until maternity leave!!! Excited for you!!

@deerylou: positive thoughts coming your way that the sweep was more productive than you thought - keep us posted!!

.@Cherrybee: I saw the thread you started about getting the scare. Is everything ok??? They are going to monitor you more frequently now I assume? ::worried:: but know you 2 will be GREAT!

I'm going to look back and see if we can get an update on where everyone is expected arrivals etc

17. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: Thank you for asking after us. Yeah, we're okay thanks. She just wasn't moving about. When I got there, she was sleeping and even the midwife jiggling her about didn't wake her up. She woke up when daddy came in though and started being more active according to the monitor. Phew! One midwife said it might be the heat making her sleepy (we've been having a major heatwave here), but they are monitoring again tomorrow morning, keeping a close eye. It has been much cooler today and I have actually felt her a little more so maybe there's something in the heat thing?

@deerylou: Thinking of you and hoping you go into labour over the next few days. It must be the most frustrating thing ever.

18. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: Hope you are feeling OK. I know lots of people who were upset to have an induction scheduled, only to go into labor all on their own ahead of that. Actually I know way more people that that happened to than people who were induced.

Had my appt this morning and actually have my very first "complication"-- tested positive for GBS. It's no big deal, just means I need the IV antibiotics and that I have to stay at the hospital after my water breaks, even if I'm not in active labor, otherwise everything will be the same. They even cap off the IV so I can still get in the tub and stuff. So as far as complications go, I'm really thankful that this is the worst one I've had so far!

@Cherrybee: Your baby must be like me- I don't want to move in the heat either

19. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

I just read about the induction process and I'm absolutely terrified and frantic. Oh, lord.

20. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: Lots of people are induced and it's no problem. And even more people have an induction scheduled and go into labor on their own before that! You will be OK. Baby will be OK. I'm thinking really labor-y thoughts for you!

21. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you've got a really great attitude about it all.

@deerylou: I'm hoping to find out my induction date on Monday! I will be induced early so it's very likely I will have to have one. I'm excited about it! Please don't be scared - I've heard good and bad induction stories and I've heard good and bad natural labour stories.... what is it, specifically, that really frightens you?

22. Foodnerd81

@Cherrybee: I was reading a little more about it and thinking about how they don't even check for it in the UK. Even if you test positive, the risk of baby getting anything is really low, but I'm not going to buck the system since it's also not much in the way of intervention. But I'm glad my hospital will cap off the IV so I can still labor in the tub (which sounds great to me right now, but who knows, maybe I'll hate it then!)

23. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Foodnerd81: We just take the risk over here! The keep-your-fingers-crossed school of medicine!! Whereas yours goes on your bill - you'll probably find the IV cap on there as a separate item, next to the plaster (band aid) they used to stick the cannula to your hand! I'm not sure which is better to be honest!!

24. SouthPaw

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: of course I would ask! Glad to hear all is well, I was following the other thread and happy to hear it!

@deerylou: I agree with you that induction is scary but I think that if they're inducing you it's for the best!! Keep positive thoughts and soon you will be holding your LO! I hope your SO will be there and a great support for you throughout!!

@Foodnerd81: I actually heard GB is quite common so glad to hear you're taking a relaxed approach to it!!! My SIL who delivered last year was positive and literally said she didn't even notice when they gave her the antibiotics!! If you go before me you have to tell me if the tub helps!! I really want to labor in the tub too but our hospital only has 3 and it's luck of the draw. I suppose standing in the shower will help too but I would like the option of a tub

Dr. appointment in a half hour... hoping for some good news and progress... fingers crossed ladies. Hope you're all having good days!

25. Foodnerd81

@SouthPaw: Really it sounds like the only difference is that they want me to stay at the hospital after my water breaks, where before, if it broke before labor started, I could go back home. Meh. Almost all of the rooms at my hospital have tubs of some sort, some bigger or better than others, I guess. My bigger concern is cleaning my bathtub at home. It's been a while and it's not getting any easier to reach!

26. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Cherrybee: At least we might be in this induction boat, together. I think the part that scares me is the lack of control, if that makes sense. I went into my pregnancy with this grand (and likely naive) plan to have an intervention-free birth experience. I wanted to have the option of walking through my contractions, using the labor tub at will, bouncing on an exercise ball, while DH gave me massages - the whole, nine, hippie yards. Now that the prospect of being confined to a bed for monitoring and medical treatment is on the table, I'm just nervous. In the end, I know that I'm in good hands, and they're only doing what is best for baby and me. It's just overwhelming and very much not what I expected.

@SouthPaw: Thank you! DH's last day of work is Friday (if I last that long), so he'll be with me the morning of my induction to spoil me with a super delicious brunch. Best of luck at your appointment today - sending progress dust!

27. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@deerylou: I completely understand and second how you feel. When induction was first presented to me as a very likely outcome I mourned the loss of my perfect birth for about 2 weeks. Labouring at home - gone. Water birth (for me, due to GD monitoring) - gone. Moving around to ease the pain - gone. It was really hard to come to terms with. I cried - a lot.

I have tried to see some silver linings and, funnily, one of the things I like about the prospect is the fact that it gives me some degree of control back! I will know what day I'm having my baby, be able to shower beforehand and dress for the occasion! I also like the fact that I wont have to travel to and from the hospital multiple times, getting sent home every couple of hours because I'm not dilated enough and worrying that it might be too soon to go back again. Once I'm in, I'm in and I'm coming out with a baby!

My fears are the same as yours, really. I'm scared of being tied to the bed by all the monitors and IVs. I'm also scared of having cannulas in my hands, which I know is really childish but I can't help it! What if I catch them?? I'm also really scared of having to have an epidural and needing a catheter. Sob sob.

The way I'm handling it in my head it this: I like a challenge. If you gave me a crossword and a set of easy clues and cryptic clues, I'd chose to solve the puzzle using the cryptic clues. If I was playing a game I found really easy, I might do it with one hand behind my back to make it a bit more difficult. So why should birth be any different?? Bring it on!! I'm going to be able to say "Yeah, you gave birth, well done - I did it on my back, strapped to a monitor, on an insulin drip and pumped full of Pitocin. I'm awesome!". I like that!

28. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@SouthPaw: How did your appointment go?

29. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Cherrybee: Thank you for reassuring me! You listed a lot of good, valid reasons why having an induction isn't the end of the world, and I genuinely appreciate it. If DD does end up holding out until Monday, at least I'll be able to comfort my OCD tendencies with a good, weekend mop-down of the entire apartment. Cleaning always gives me piece of mind. I can imagine obsessing about that one dirty dish, or slightly dusty end table that I never got to, if I have to rush to the birth center, unexpectedly. I also agree with you about liking/needing a challenge, but always seem to wuss out when it comes to things taking place with a doctor. I'm a *terrible* patient. Just ask my DH - last flu I had, I asked him, in all seriousness, to make preparations for my funeral ceremony.

30. glimmersnaps

apricot / 491 posts

Hi Ladies! I came across this website on a blog and thought of you... http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

I'm still pregnant! Last week I had a very strong feeling that labor was imminent and I just woke up on Sunday feeling like totally normal and like I'm just going to be pregnant forever. I'm fine with the wait, but I'm a little nervous because my mom is only here until the 24th and MIL comes the 29th. MIL is nice but she isn't as helpful as my mom-- I guess nobody can take care of you like your mom.

I'm really anxious about labor, too. I think that's holding me back so I've been trying to relax. Ha!

@Cherrybee @Deerylou Hugs to both of you! I can just imagine that an induction would be scary but I hope you both have successful experiences. It will be nice to be able to plan ahead and make sure you're super well-rested before the big day. Oh and FWIW I had a catheter and don't remember experiencing any discomfort associated with it.

@Foodnerd81 Sorry about the GBS. Hopefully since you're with a more natural-minded practice it won't really be a big deal. It's also likely that your water won't even break before labor so that might not even be a factor. A lot of people I know (who didn't have cervical checks, etc.) didn't have water break until late labor or pushing.

@JH524 Congratulations on your beautiful boy!!

31. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

How are we all hanging in there - it's practically mid July!

DH and I went on an enormous walk last night, and I was feeling immense pressure down below - it was as if DD was just going to fall right on out. I wanted to keeping walking until midnight, just to encourage her on out, but I finally had to admit defeat. I've been having terrible sciatic nerve pains this past week, so I reached a point where I just had to return home and elevate my legs.

A little over 48 hours left until I check in for my induction....eek. I'm still so, so hopeful she decides to come on her own before then, though!

32. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: I've got my fingers and toes crossed that labor starts tonight. When I saw an update from you I was hoping that's what you would tell us. Spicy dinner tonight, maybe a glass of wine, and some sexy time I think! Hang in there!

33. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Foodnerd81: A glass of wine...sounds absolutely amazing.

34. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Hey ladies! I'm an August mama, but my little guy was super impatient and showed up July 10!

I hope it's ok if I start hanging around here a bit!!

35. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@.twist.: Welcome, mama!

36. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@deerylou: I'm having a glass tonight! Treat yourself!!

@.twist.: Hey!!!! Welcome! How's things??

@glimmersnaps: Haha! I love that website!!

We are having a heatwave here in the UK. Its neen over 30c all day. Oh my goodness!! I'm really, really not used to hot weather - none of us are! Nobody has air con at home here - its currently 29c in my bedroom with the fan going full blast!! I'm melting!!!

37. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

Thinking of all of you!!

Wanted to pop in with some positive thinking and check in on my July mamas. I'm healing up surprisingly well. Two words: abdominal binder. Once it dawned on me to put pressure on my stomach, the pain decreased by tenfold. Not even using a formal "post partum" one, just a shaper I found in my drawer, and then spanx. So. Much. Better. Plus my stomach is shrinking faster!

Just my two cents hopefully you will all have infinitely easier labors!!

@.twist.: whoa, did I miss this?! Congrats!

38. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: have the wine! My sisters midwife prescribed it to her when she was over due! (Prescribed might be a stretch).

@Cherrybee: heat waves are brutal but at least most of us here have air con. You must be completely melting. Can you go to a movie theater and sit there in the ac all evening long? Also ice packs in your armpits cools your whole body down really fast.

39. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@Foodnerd81: My OB says a little wine/beer here and there in the third trimester is totally okay - I just haven't been ballsy enough to do it, yet.

Did it work for your sister?

40. Foodnerd81

@deerylou: I can't remember when she had the wine, but she did go into labor on her own a few days before they would have induced. She was ten days past her due date.

Whether it worked or not she definitely enjoyed it

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee