Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm sorry to hear about your health concerns. Fingers crossed it's something minor and easily solved.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you. Right now, all I can do is wait for a call with some information and then go from there. Hopefully, it is not serious and it is only an odd AF. I would like to continue with my Clomid cycle, if possible.

3. Lahela017

kiwi / 583 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm sorry to hear you are deal with this! Thinking of you, and hoping you get some good news!!!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Lahela017: Thank you, Lahela. I appreciate it very much. πŸ’œ

5. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

I’m going to delurk and step onto a bit of a soapbox here, bc I’ve spent the past 24 hours trying to walk away from this and don’t feel like I can. Please take care when using other people's struggles as the brunt of a joke. Addiction is a disease, and you would never joke about anyone else with any other kind of disease, so why choose addiction? My parents were wonderful, deeply loving people who fought and lost continual battles with a disease that devoured them from the inside out. If they hadn’t had kids, I would not exist. Though their addictions shaped my childhood, they did not stifle the love they had for me. How we talk about these things matters, because it sends a subtle message to society about what/how we value people struggling with this. What messages are our children picking up on when we speak about people with addiction in this way? I'm not looking for apologies, just urging you to act with compassion.

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@foodiebee: I get that you have personal experience with this, but picking up your vice the first time is a choice. Addiction is a problem, but the substance you're addicted to is a choice. I have seen the effects of substance abuse on many families and many children I care about. My husband has a very addictive personality like his father, but unlike my worthless FIL who won't put his family over his vices, my husband has never chose to use illicit drugs, he has gone without prescription drugs for major neck surgery to avoid addiction, he has quit chewing tobacco. So yes, addiction is horrible, but choosing to pick up a substances that first time is a selfish choice.

The little girl that is a family member that I am trying to get custody of is a wonderful byproduct of a shit mom. A mom who tried to loan her out for sexual favors to get heroin when she was 3 damn years old. THREE! So yes, I have seen people with addiction have and by no effort of their own raise amazing little people... But my cousin had more value in getting her next effing high, than protecting a baby. Her baby.

My dad was a raging alcoholic, like a case of beer and a fifth of whiskey a day. My mom told him she was leaving with all of us if he didn't straighten up. He quit cold turkey because family was more important.

So no, I have little sympathy or empathy for addicts that destroy others lives and continue to bring life into this world that they have no means or intentions of raising and protecting.

My husband has come home from call after call, where he called cps and recommended removal because mom was passed out with a needle in her arm and her 3 month old was screaming in it's crib with a beyond full diaper and very hungry. Where a mom and dad were huffing paint on the couch while their 3 y/o and 7 month old screamed and cried in full diapers and no food. Where a 8 month pregnant woman was smoking meth in her driveway. He's worked infant death cases where mom was so strung out she rolled over onto her baby and killed it. And every single example I gave, had reunification with their children. Every single one.

I know lots of kids born into these scenarios end up with loving families, or their parents keep it together enough to take care of them, and some turn out as good people despite their parents efforts.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@foodiebee: I'm glad you voiced your opinion and I'm sorry for your circumstances. I absolutely respect your stance. I hope you do not believe that my stating that I should return to smoking cigarettes or drinking wine to "boost my fertility as it worked in the past" as a slight to people with addiction. That, most certainly, was never my intention and I would be upset if you took it that way. My Pop-Pop was a functional alcoholic until he passed away prematurely after 2 heart attacks and cirrhosis of the liver. My aunt is a recovering alcoholic and I have a nephew who is (currently) in intense therapy for drug addiction (primarily cocaine.). I have also worked with children whose parents had addiction issues. My life has, profoundly, been touched by this illness and, I hope, you understand, my intent on my comments was never to degrade the addict or illness. I was simply stating that years ago, when I smoked cigarettes and drank wine, I was able to conceive and find it ironic.

8. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Sams Mom: I've been following the story with your niece and my heart has been hurting for everyone involved. I didn't mean to imply that there aren't legitimate times when children should be taken from addicted parents. I only meant to urge compassion and suggest that it isn't a situation to joke about. I didn't mean to derail the POAS board in this way, I only, simply, wanted to ask for compassion. After all, I am the child you stress should not have been brought into this world. I feel quite bad for derailing the board like this, so I'll step away now.

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow. I just read your post. You are very passionate, to say the least, on this topic. I never realized the full extent to which you have been affected.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@foodiebee: You're an exception to what tends to be a terrible rule. It sounds like your parents had it together enough and loved you. I'm not saying you shouldn't have been born. I just see the bad day in day out, I see my husband come home and hug our son tighter for it all. I see my husband cry, rage, shut down; he has to keep his emotions in check when dealing with the worst of the worst.

Good kids have come from horrible people and vice versa, but I ache over the lack of quality of life so many of them get from shit parents, and how little CPS does for these kids that need an advocate.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

OK - change of subject -
    GOOD NEWS. πŸ‘πŸ˜€
    My OBGYN called and said he is NOT going to call me in for tests since I've been having them monthly (as well as US and my HSG) AND that I CAN start my Clomid on CD5 as long as my 10 MIU HPT is BFN on CD5. He believes the HSG (which caused spotting on last CD 8 & 9) may have thinned my lining a bit and flushed me out which effected my cycle this month. Since I normally have short cycles, he believes going down to 2 days for a month should not be of much concern, so "YAY!" πŸ‘πŸ˜€
    Very happy right now.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: That is great news! and yes, I shouldn't have subjected all of you to my rage rant.

@Kaohinani: & @foodiebee: Between finding out that my worthless cousin is indeed pregnant again, and reading this article about an hour and a half ago. I was in all of the emotions and all the rage. I'm sorry.

https://www.scarymommy.com/infertility-affects-dads-too/

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Please, don't apologize. You are entitled to your emotions and opinions just as other people are to theirs. That is the beauty of being human - We all live different experiences which gives us differing advantages, view points, perspectives, arguments, and lend us to be affected by a plethora of varying catalysts for emotion. "It's all good."

I'm just REALLY happy the OBGYN thinks the AF issue is NBD and I can continue with my Clomid this cycle. I want my healthy #3 on cycle 33! πŸ’œ

14. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Great news! I'm so glad you can continue as planned.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you! I am so glad as well!

16. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@foodiebee: @Sams Mom: hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—

@Kaohinani: YAY for the good news!!! 🀞 for #3 on cycle 33!!!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@starlitsky: Thank you, Star! After the momentary "bad news," I'm grateful and very excited to move forward into August. 😊

18. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

So we are not even trying but had not the most careful incident recently. Early this week I had my first ever ocular migraine, had 2 intense dizzy spells (which I get when pregnant, and differ from the orthostatic hypertension I also have), and haven’t had a great appetite. These can be chalked up to other things but because I have a brunch where there will def be alcohol tomorrow I decided to take a very early test. I’ve never had an evap lone or indent on an FRER but I took 2 tests and got what look like clear colorless lines. One has a hint of pink on the edges. Do you think evap/indent or early BFP? Every time I’ve taken a blue dye (I had really unpredictable cycles for a while so t was a lot of tests) I’ve gotten an evap. I’d say the clear showed around 10 minutes on the second test so not right away (didn’t even check the first one until after the second so it was hours later).

Sorry to pop in here so late!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Becky: Welcome to the July POAS board! πŸ˜€ Do you have any photos for us to analyze? We love looking at BFPs and possible BFPs! 😊 It is absolutely possible you are pregnant but I don't want to speculate without seeing the tests. πŸ€”πŸ˜‰

20. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@Kaohinani: Garbage is already gone I did find some similar ones using Google. They let ones just like these people’s (the one here is taken apart but I could see it in the window): https://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/march-2018-babies/topic/white-line-on-frer----.html Just wondering if anyone here had a similar experience because there were some wacky stories on these other sites!

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Becky: if you didn't see anything within the stated time frame and they had no color I would lean evap.

22. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m leaning that way too. I’ should know for sure 8/3.

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Becky: how many dpo are you? 6 days before your period is usually crazy early

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Becky:
    Generally speaking, if it is a white or silvery tinted line (or indent), it will be an evaporation line. If the line has a very VERY mild tint in a corner but developed AFTER the allotted time frame for the HPT, it (9 times out of 10), will also be an evaporation line. BFP HPTs can range from VERY faint pink (or blue, depending on the color test you use) to bold test lines which may or may not match the control line. In the case of a true positive, it will develop in the time alluded to in the HPT directions. Now, if you are REALLY early OR have yet to fully implant, you may either have false negative tests OR you may just be testing too early for the HPTs to be reading any HCG in your system. My advice - wait 2 or 3 days and test again on a FRER (which is a 6.5 MIU test). Best of luck .

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Hi, mama! How are things on your end?

26. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m due 8/1 but have occasional long cycles.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: I've been having really vivid dreams, and some about babies, but I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Dreams can be a a good sign of one's intuition of pregnancy. Incidentally, hopes are good.... 😊, Delusions are bad. *smirks* πŸ˜‰ I'm HOPING to see a BFP from you soon. πŸ˜€ Good luck, hun.

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: i had them with my daughter but I've spent a lot of time hoping only to be crushed while ttc #2 so I'm trying not to be too hopeful anymore

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: I completely understand. However, hopes and wishes can be good things. They keep people going. It is when people invest too much into something that might not be a reality (that fine line of delusion) that hopes can be detrimental. I am in NO way ever saying that you have been delusional in your ttc journey (actually, I view you as quite the opposite, more of a realist.), but many people are and they get hurt easily believing every nose bleed, stubbed toe, and bruise must mean one has conceived. πŸ™‚. It is fine to be guarded, just keep the hope ... πŸ’œ

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mamabear87: I just reread what I wrote. I suppose it could be taken as I'm being preachy or pushy. Honestly, my intent was neither. I'm just being a positive person. I hope you didn't take it offensively.

32. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: oh no not at all. I just am over being hopeful. It all seems to end the same. And now I'm spotting so most likely just the precursor to af again 😭😭

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry! πŸ™ I completely understand. Month after month, I go through the same thing. I mourn for a day (or two πŸ˜•) and then look at AF as another chance for another month to try again.
    I'm just glad you didn't take me the wrong way. Message posting is so difficult sometimes as it doesn't allow for inflection, change in tone, or the definitive use of humor... thank goodness for emojos! πŸ˜‰

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: o noooooooooooo!

I'm still little to no symptoms either way at 10 dpo. Boob pain here and there, some campiness once or twice a day... And that's it. I do have more CM than usual though, so who knows

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: yeah I was super hopeful as I'm not feeling cranky and have been having vivid dreams but I think yet again af is going to show up.

We've kinda decided we have 8 more months to try with timing (it will keep baby in this year and only one extra deductible) and then we'll likely look at a vasectomy for hubby.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I have been having weird dreams too, but nothing like when I was pregnant.

Yea, my husband and I have talked about depending on what my doctor offers as next steps after my final round of clomid next cycle how much longer we will try. If next steps aren't financially attainable, I will stop tracking and just have sex when we feel like it, and if it doesn't happen in the next couple years I'll have my tubes completely taken out as contraceptive and ovarian cancer preventative since my family has a history.

37. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Cycle Day: 16
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: 7/27
    POAS Date: all the time?
    Baby #: 2

I'm super early with this, but I get overly excited every month when ttc! My DD turned 2 in April, and it still seems crazy that we will be able to handle 2 kiddos! DD is very active, very needy, very stubborn. Another babe will hopefully be a good play mate for her, and I'm an only child, so I would prefer she not be. And my best friend is about 8 weeks now, so that would be fun as well.

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@rockinghorse: my son turned 2 in April too! Welcome and good luck to you too!

39. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks! I realized that I will probably be POAS in August, so I posted over there as well. Whoops!

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@rockinghorse: Hi, rocking! I just added you to our board for August. Feel free to dabble on both the July and August boards ... Most of us ladies do as all the ladies here are amazing and extremely supportive. πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee