Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2014 mamas!

1. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@mkp17: Best wishes that you get to meet your LO soon!

2. kimbed

grape / 84 posts

Our little girl arrived at 8:01 am today. A happy and healthy 8lbs 9oz (same weight as my first!) Her name is Hadley and I am so in love. Congrats to all the other new mamas out there and best of luck to the mamas-to-be!

3. stp

pea / 21 posts

Hello!

Our little boy, E, was born at 40w4d on June 6. I was sleeping then felt a little gush around 1:30am and between 1:30am and 4:00am little gushes came periodically, more so when baby boy would move. Around 4:00am I felt that distinct "pop" that women talk about and had a larger gush then the contractions started around 4:30am. They were 4-5 minutes apart from very early on, but pretty short in duration (less than a minute for sure) and while they were painful, I knew they should be more intense. I paged the midwife around 6am anyway. Since we were planning a home birth, she came over by about 8:30/9am (i think? I was pretty out of it hehe) and the next few hours were spent with me going through the ups and downs of labor... (read: "I'm so excited I can't wait to hold him!" to "please... please just knock me out now!" to "I can do this, I can do this" to "You do it for me, please???" hehe).

I felt a calm and focus come over me as I was nearing pushing time and little E was born around noon weighing 9lb4oz. I think for a second timer, the labor and pushing was on the longer side... but still way shorter than with my first (7-ish hrs from onset of contractions vs 25 hrs from onset of contractions with boy #1!).

Breastfeeding is on and off. He is an eager nurser and I can't quite seem to stuff enough aereola in there before he clamps down such that sometimes it really hurts!

Congratulations to everyone who has welcomed their babies, and to those still waiting -- hang in there!

4. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Wow...I'm loving all the new babies! And MORE PHOTOS

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Updated with more baby Junebugs!

June (and May) Birthdays!
    May 23rd - MrsRain Madeleine Joyce
    May 26th - Sunshine710
    May 27th - Ms. Badger
    May 28th - BeachBee
    June 1st - Lilyann Graham Adler Jones
    June 2nd - CakeLady Emmett James
    June 3rd - KentuckyGirl Mason Andrew
    June 4th - TundraDaisy Jem Victor
    June 4th - SpanielLove Julian Bennett
    June 6th - Duckling
    June 6th - BabyBruins James Jason
    June 6th - STP E
    June 7th - Chastenet
    June 9th - Leelee
    June 13th - Kimbed Hadley

June Due Dates
    1st – Owlmom (#2)
    2nd – Meesker (#1-Girl)
    5th – Calsmom (#2-Girl)
    11th – Alexandra603 (#1-Girl)
    11th – Lollipop (#2)
    15th – Peacockblue (#2)
    17th – Lilibillie (#1-Girl)
    18th – Matcha Latte (#1-Boy)
    20th – MKP17 (#2-Boy)
    26th – Mrs.Ham (#1)
    26th – LaurelMae (#2-Girl)
    27th – Shortcake (#2-Green)
    28th – Mrs Ranunculus (#2)
    29th – LittleVeesMommy (#2-Girl)

6. lollipop

cherry / 106 posts

Congrats to all the June mammas and babies so far.

My little guy decide to join us at 815pm on june 13/14.
    Had my membrane sweep yesterday at 40 wks. Started to feel the contractions at 430am this morning. Got to the hospital at 4cm at 1pm. Pushing started at 740pm, his heart rate kept dropping while i was pushing so had to use a vacuum and got an episiotomy. He came out screaming at 815pm, weighing 6lb 7oz, a whole 1.2 lbs more than his older sister.

Here's a pic of lil Jeremy

7. LaurelMae

cherry / 175 posts

@lollipop - Precious baby boy! Congratulations!!

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@kentuckygirl: oh my gosh, SO SWEET!

9. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: I can't wait to see more too! Love it!

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Ugh, we may not be DTD for a long time. Once in a while DH mentions having seen things down there during the birth and last time he described it as "a bloody hole". Overall he has a good attitude about it but I cringed when I heard that one!

11. mkp17

cherry / 179 posts

officially 40+1 and ready to meet this little guy anyone else waiting patiently (or not so patiently?)
    How's everyone else doing with their little ones?

12. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@mkp17: 39 weeks today and nothing really yet - definitely getting impatient! I woke up last night at 4am to some cramping but after deciding to sleep a bit more in case it is, I woke up to no more cramping. BUT I just lost my mucus plus about 30 minutes ago! At my OB appt on Thursday I was 2-3 cm dilated so maybe something. Have you had any pre labor signs? DD was a full week late and I hope this one doesn't wait that long!

13. LaurelMae

cherry / 175 posts

I'm now at 2-3 centimeters, 60% effaced (as of last Wednesday). I'm getting anxious and we're trying as many things as we can to get labor going. I have many contractions and some cramping throughout the day the past week or two but nothing sticks. Due on Thursday so anytime now!!

14. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mkp17: @littleveesmommy: @LaurelMae: Thinking of you guys and hoping you meet your LOs very soon! The end is so tough. I remember just before my induction my OB said something to me about how I would be out back holding my baby the next week, in the moment I was so frustrated and anxious I wanted to punch him. But he was absolutely right. It's just that the days seem to go by so slowly until then. Soon enough though you will all be posting beautiful photos of your sweet babies!

15. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Wanted to share my favorite shots from our newborn shoot:

16. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

I am 39 weeks too. I am attempting a VBAC though so if I don't progress naturally on my own, I go in for a repeat C on the 30th. I have been at 1.5 cm and 50% effaced for a few weeks now, as of last week no further progress. We'll see what the next few days brings.

17. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@shortcake: I'm also trying for VBAC and have been trying everything (literally!) to get things moving but contractions aren't sticking. OB will let me go up to 41 weeks so if I don't go before my 40 week appt they are going to schedule a repeat c for me. I feel like I'm running against a clock and its been hard. =\ sending you lots of positive thoughts!!!

@spaniellove: You've for a cutie pie there!!! Thanks for the encouragement - the last weeks do drag on and I'm just so anxious to meet the little person that has been growing inside of me.

@LaurelMae: Rooting for you!!!

18. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@littleeveesmommy: the majority of babies will come before 41 weeks, so don't worry yet! you have a 90% chance of progressing on your own. You are in Manhattan right, which hospital will you deliver in? I am at St. Luke's Roosevelt.

19. mkp17

cherry / 179 posts

@littleevesmommy - no real signs of labor yet except some mucus plug thinning. No contractions at all. He is for sure very low and getting uncomfortable so hopefully all of a sudden stuff will get started! Good luck these next couple of days!
    @spaniellove - thanks so much! Your little one is precious
    @laurelmae and shortcake - good luck, hoping for a speedy and safe delivery!!

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@spaniellove: SOOOO cute!

21. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@kentuckygirl: Oh my goodness! Look at that cute little baby!

22. mkp17

cherry / 179 posts

Hope everyone is doing great! Saw the MD this morning and haven't made any progress so I'm scheduled to go in to start induction tomorrow evening. Hopefully will be holding our little boy on Friday sometime!!
    Best wishes for everyone that is still holding on

23. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mkp17: Good luck! Wishing you a smooth and easy induction! You will be holding him on Friday!

24. LaurelMae

cherry / 175 posts

She is here! Lucie Marie made an appearance this evening, around 6:30 pm. She was 8 lbs 7oz, 20 in. Both she and I are doing well! We are loving squishing our little bundle of joy!!

25. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@LaurelMae: Congrats!!! I love her name!!!

26. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LaurelMae: Congratulations!

27. Matcha Latte

olive / 70 posts

Hi everyone! Our baby boy was born on June 11 at 6:09 pm. I can't believe he is already 2 weeks old!

28. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

I finally got around to writing and posting my birth story: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/a-long-winded-version-of-my-very-quick-labor

I hope everyone is doing well - it's been crazy but good adapting to having 2 under 2. I'm getting the hang of it, but the lack of sleep is killer! Paul is awesome - but very gassy and I definitely feel like I spend about 90% of my time burping him!

@Matcha Latte: Congratulations - handsome guy!
    @LaurelMae: Congratulations - adorable name!
    @mkp17: How's it going?
    @shortcake: Any news from you?
    @spaniellove: He's so adorable!!!

29. mkp17

cherry / 179 posts

Well, the little one didn't want to wait for the induction! My water ended up breaking last night around 6 and we had our little baby boy this morning at 5:48! Labor wasn't too bad but he was turned a little bit so had to push for a couple hours and use vacuum to get him out. We are both doing great!

30. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mkp17: Congrats! He is so adorable, and I guess it was your water breaking after all!

31. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Matcha Latte: congrats! What a cutie!

@mkp17: such a sweet pic! Congratulations!!!

32. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Matcha Latte: Can't believe I missed this earlier - so handsome! Congrats! Your baby boy seems to have the same hair going on as mine!

33. Matcha Latte

olive / 70 posts

@spaniellove: thanks! I meant to post something but my labor happened kind of fast and unexpected so I never got around to it. I love your newborn pictures! Especially the too one where He is smirking. It melts my heart!

34. Little Misters Mom

kiwi / 567 posts

Hi all. I'll do a belated check in. Our little guy arrived June 15, one day before his due date. I saw the doctor Thursday, and was told zero dilation, zero effacement. So we mentally prepared for a long wait, and possible induction. Then at 1 am Saturday night/Sunday morning I woke to a contraction. I was basically in denial about it being real labor, until 3 or 4 am when the pain was just way too intense. Headed to the hospital at 7 am, with contractions 3 minutes apart. Arrived at 7:30 to be told I was at a 1.... whomp whomp. Got in the tub to deal with the contractions for a bit. At 8:30, they checked me and I was a 5-6! I asked for the epidural, but had to wait about an hour during which I was not my best self. After hearing "one" at 7:30, at 11:30 I was complete! I couldn't believe it when they put a squirming baby on my chest a little after 2.

We've spent the past two weeks staring at our little guy and not sleeping much. Breastfeeding has been a struggle but I think it's getting under control slowly. I can't believe how many highs and lows I've felt in the past 14 days. Last night at 3 am, I was bouncing a baby who just would not sleep with tears streaming down my face, feeling like a failure of a mother. And then this afternoon, we gave him his first bath and he basically shrieked and sighed with delight and it was just the most amazing experience.

How are all the other June mommies holding up?

35. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

Hi June moms!
    Life with this baby boy has been busy and exhausting, sorry for disappearing for a while. What beautiful babies this group has!

Emmett is 4 weeks today! I really can't believe it because each day (and night) can seem so long but at the same time each day and weeks seems to fly by in a whirl of baby feeding and diaper changing and laundry doing

DH went back to work today, I was so lucky to have him home for a month, but so far I am faring pretty well on my own. We also had our one month pediatrician visit this morning and my little tiny baby is getting so big! He's gained almost 3 lbs and grown a little more than 2 inches. It is pretty unbelievable how fast the grow and develop.

Besides one really messed up and terribly painful nipple that makes breastfeeding a challenge, I feel like I am starting to get the hang of things.

36. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

June (and May) Birthdays!
    May 23rd - MrsRain Madeleine Joyce
    May 26th - Sunshine710
    May 27th - Ms. Badger
    May 28th - BeachBee
    June 1st - Lilyann Graham Adler Jones
    June 2nd - CakeLady Emmett James
    June 3rd - KentuckyGirl Mason Andrew
    June 4th - TundraDaisy Jem Victor
    June 4th - SpanielLove Julian Bennett
    June 6th - Duckling
    June 6th - BabyBruins James Jason
    June 6th - STP E
    June 7th - Chastenet Paul
    June 9th - Leelee
    June 11th - Matcha Latte
    June 13th - Kimbed Hadley
    June 13th - Lollipop Jeremy
    June 15th - Little Misters Mom
    June 25th – LaurelMae Lucie Marie
    June 26th - MKP17

June Due Dates
    1st – Owlmom (#2)
    2nd – Meesker (#1-Girl)
    5th – Calsmom (#2-Girl)
    11th – Alexandra603 (#1-Girl)
    15th – Peacockblue (#2)
    17th – Lilibillie (#1-Girl)
    26th – Mrs.Ham (#1)
    27th – Shortcake (#2-Green)
    28th – Mrs Ranunculus (#2)
    29th – LittleVeesMommy (#2-Girl)

Any other updates?

37. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@CakeLady: I'm so envious that you've had your husband home for 4 weeks!

J is generally pretty easygoing but getting to be colicky...which I think is a bad way to describe what it really is! He has bad reflux and a milk allergy so we've tried different formulas and have him on Alimentum now and out of desperation I gave him Zantac today. Yesterday was not good - he spent about 8 hours straight screaming. My OB thinks I definitely have PPD which you'd think would have something to do with the crying and colic, but actually the PPD came first!

We're also trying to figure out what to make of the hearing loss situation. He's had three hearing screens so far and referred (both sides) on all three. So we have an appointment in two weeks at CHOP with an audiologist. We've noticed that he doesn't seem to be aware of our voices at all, or any sounds that aren't super super loud.

Wow, we sure have a lot of boys in our group!

38. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

Any tips to convince #2 out? She is 3 days overdue but my OB already scheduled a c-section for 7/7 since I am trying for VBAC and they don't let you go over 41 weeks. -_- I was almost 4cm dilated at my appt a week ago (3 cm the week prior) and already lost my mucus plug plus had my bloody show but contractions aren't ramping up. They would start up then space out again. I have tried everything suggestion out there..... sigh.....

@mkp17: Congrats on your little one - so adorable!!!

@shortcake: How are you?! I delivered DD at St Lukes but am at NYU on 1st avenue this time around. Hope your little one is cooperating and came out.

39. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

@littleveesmommy: If you are already 4cm, you don't have too far to go! Sounds like you just need to get some regular contractions going. What worked best for me was just walking, walking, walking. In the days before I went into active labor, walking was the only time I felt contractions with regularity. I don't know if it helped, but I did have a membrane sweep at my last appointment...And I ate the spiciest Thai food I could find the night before. Good luck!!!

40. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

@Chastenet: Thanks! Haha I will need to give Thai food a try! I agree - walking was the only way I would get the contractions to come with any regularity and intensity, but once I lie down at night to go to sleep they go away. Going to try to walk some more and hopefully baby girl will decide to show. *crosses fingers*

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee