Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: I know! Our board is getting so quiet... I'm feeling good too. Have my fingers crossed for you!!!!

2. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@jh524: I passed the hospital tonight, waved and told it I'd see it by Monday at the latest. Ha. That's a weird feeling.

How many calls a day are you getting at this point? I know people mean well and they are so excited about the baby so I try to not let the constant calls bother me.

3. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: yeah, I know. Spending and hour and half there this morning was odd, hooked up to the machines and everything. I'm not sure what the heck I got myself into or if ill every be ready for this. My mom has been the worst with calling and asking every time I call her. But now I'm getting texts daily from people asking... I'm sure your just done. So ill get super excited if no one is on this thread in the next few days because that'll mean your probably in labor!!!!!!

4. swedishfish

@jh524: I totally get it - I feel ready and yet so unprepared it's scary. I also feel bad that I took the last week off of school and there's no baby. I could've worked but I'm glad I didn't at the same time.

5. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: so I've literally slept all day long. I just can't shake it, I've been so tired that I didn't do anything except sleep. And this baby feels so big, my poor skin feels like its being stretched to the max at this point! How are you today?

6. swedishfish

@jh524: ooohh, I bet you're close to going into labor. Rest up!

Sometimes when the baby's moving it feels like he/she is trying to pop out of my belly button.

I was nauseated earlier but I'm feeling better now. I feel like I'm going to make it to my induction on Monday. I think I'm ok with that now.

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: yes, same here. My poor belly....so I spent a lot of time reading birth stories on here earlier and it seems like a lot of different experiences with pitocin when being induced. But the thought of making progress towards having your baby through induction outways having to wait any longer for baby to come. Ill be okay with it as well if the time comes.

8. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: I used to tell A he was trying to come out of the wrong opening...it felt so much like he was trying to push straight out of my belly!

9. swedishfish

@jh524: how are you feeling this morning?

@tlcbaby: my favorite is when the baby's going nuts and DH puts his hands on my belly only to grab them away in surprise. I'm like - you can take your hands away but I'm being used as a kickboxing bag!

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: I woke up crampy, like the constant menstrual like cramps. I get up and they pretty much go away...wondering what's their purpose??!! How about you?

@tlcbaby: how is life with baby?

11. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: Yeah it doesn't go away just because DH can't feel it.

@jh524: Things are going really well! We might try taking him out to a restaurant tonight where we can sit outside, but I am still a little nervous.

Can't wait to hear that you last few girls have had your babies! I still can't believe we all started this keeping up with each other just a few weeks pregnant and now we are having babies!

12. swedishfish

@jh524: hopefully they're helping your cervix dilate and efface. I only had one contraction while walking this morning and didn't have many yesterday either. This child gets his/her stubbornness from me - I was two weeks late. Hopefully your contractions pick up!

13. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

Oh my gosh, y'all, it has been a crazy few days...but we're home!

Cecelia Jane arrived at 9:57 am on Thursday, June 20th. 8 lbs, 1 oz, and that extra ounce is all hair! 20 1/2 inches long. She is stealing our hearts already. A couple of photos attached; one taken a few minutes after she was born and one from later that day.

Birth story to come, but the short of it is that I labored naturally from when my water broke around noon until just after midnight, when I had made it to 4 cm and chose to get an epidural. Had some issues with the epidural wearing off on my right side after a couple of hours, so had this weird combo of a natural + epidural labor for the rest of the night. Achieved 10 cm at 8 am, labored down for another hour, and started pushing just after 9 am. Never needed pitocin; the labor progressed just fine. Pushing was amazing (only about 30 minutes, and such a fascinating process) and the moment of birth itself was surreal and incredible. What a mind-blowing experience!

Can't wait to share more and catch up...but this mama needs a nap. Hugs to all of you on the June boards and good luck to @swedishfish and @jh524 with their impending arrivals!

14. swedishfish

@tinypiglet: oh, she's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Congratulations!!! I LOVE her name!! You deserve that nap.

15. swedishfish

Congratulations, @tinypiglet: on your baby girl's birth!

.....Expecting:
    NEJ618- June 10 - Girl
    Darling - June 14 - Girl
    Sea_Bass - June 17 - Team Green
    SwedishFish - June 17 - Team Green
    Mrs. Chocolate - June 19 - ?
    JH524 - June 25 - Boy

.....New arrivals:
    Bisous - June 5 - Baby GIRL - Born May 26
    LazyLightning - June 1 - Baby GIRL - Born May 28
    Grizz - June 2 - Baby BOY - Born June 1
    Revel - June 1 - Baby GIRL - Born June 1
    MaybeBaby - May 24 - Baby BOY - Born June 2
    Espion - June 8 - Baby BOY - Born June 6
    Dewdrop - June 13 - Baby BOY - Born June 6
    TLCBaby - June 4 - Baby BOY - Born June 8
    GreenThumb - June 23 - Baby GIRL - Born June 8
    KnittyLady - June 6 - Baby BOY - Born June 10
    ItsMeJules - June 9 - Baby BOY - Born June 11
    Yourekindapretty - June 19 - Baby GIRL - Born June 12
    SoftCream - June 16 - Baby BOY - Born June 14
    TinyPiglet - June 18 - Baby GIRL - Born June 20

.....Official count:
    Girls - 6
    Boys - 8

16. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tinypiglet: so happy to hear your doing well and a BIG congrats on your baby girl!!! Look at that hair!! She's beautiful and I love her name, it's so pretty!!! You look pretty as well, hope I look that good after giving birth!!!!! Look forward to reading your birth story!! Sounds like it went very well though, woohoo, that's awesome, good job tinypiglet!!!!!

@swedishfish: yeah, cramps gone but went to our locals farmers market and walked around which was not too comfortable as it felt like this pressure I've never felt before...baby definitely low in pelvis! Yep, we're the last two standing ,...aka waddling. Getting so excited to meet this baby!!!!!!

@Tlcbaby: have fun tonight at dinner! I'm sure everyone will be wanting to see that baby of yours!! Bet it'll be nice to go out

17. swedishfish

@jh524: I have been watching 16 and Pregnant for a while today and I keep crying every time a baby is born. I'm so completely hormonal. Hopefully it will be soon for both of us!

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: oh lol too funny!!! I always cry when i watch the baby story when they deliver. So im watching pregnant and dating...it showed a girl get a 4d ultrasound and it was awesome, wish I could've had one but mighty expensive.

19. swedishfish

@jh524: what's the difference between 3d and 4d ultrasound? I have a couple of 3d pictures. The tech asked us if we wanted a few when we went for the fetal echocardiogram.

I realized that tomorrow is my last day before baby. I feel like I should do something spectacular!

20. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: It went great-but it was windy so I had his carseat cover on so nobody really noticed he was there. And nobody tried to touch his little feet.

21. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: You should do something fun!

22. swedishfish

@tlcbaby: yes, too bad DH has to work tomorrow night. I'll do something spectacular on my own!

23. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: I don't know what the difference is but I do know there's a huge difference between the 2d and the 3d so I can only imagine the picture quality and resolution is the best you can get with 4d.....Yes!!! You should go get a pedicure or a massage or something to just relax and pamper yourself. What are your ideas??!!

24. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@tinypiglet: Gorgeous!! I thought E had a lot of hair, but he's got nothing on C!! Get some rest and enjoy your new family!!

25. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@swedishfish: Heh, I wish I could even remember what I had for lunch the day (or two days, I guess) before we had Flipper! Definitely do something re-lax-ing!!

26. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@swedishfish: hehe, I sat around all day the day before she was born. Didnt feel well and my "last supper" was a bowl of lucky charms. Regretted that when I couldn't eat for over 24 hours...lol

27. swedishfish

@jh524: I have no ideas other than to go to Target and stock up on snacks! I will walk in a little while after I eat breakfast. I slept till 7 today - that's late for me! How are you feeling?

@Espion: what do you recommend eating for dinner tonight? I feel like I'll have to have an extra meal really late as I'm not allowed to eat after midnight. Maybe some whole wheat pasta and some protein or something?

@LazyLightning: haha, I'm a little nervous that baby will not make his/her arrival tomorrow. I need to eat!

I woke up this morning with this surreal feeling. My life is going to change forever tomorrow. I'm getting very nervous.

28. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@swedishfish: I suggest eating something filling but fairly bland. If I could do it again I would do pasta probably--maybe with butter or Alfredo type sauce rather than tomato. That's because I got sick and dizzy from the pitocin (common side effect I guess) and also had reflux during labor. So, personally I would suggest avoiding spicy or acidic foods. Anything hard to digest or that might, uh, hurt coming up :/.

29. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@swedishfish: I had to have Cervidil, so they let me eat a full dinner in the hospital. I had Cajun fries and chicken tenders delivered from a dive bar, lol! The true day before, I can't remember what I had...

I didn't have the same reaction to the pitocin as @LazyLightning: but they didn't have to put me on a very high dose. My uterus was *way* ready to contract, but all those previous posts of mine about Flipper's position were totally correct.

30. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@LazyLightning: lucky charms... Hehe love them!

@swedishfish: I hope this full moon puts you into labor!! Either way, you'll have your baby in your arms soon and it'll be amazing. Excited for you! Yes, go have fun at target!! I'd totally do the same but my town doesn't have a target just relax and think positive thoughts

31. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@Espion: they gave me a low dose of "2" which she increased every hour up to I think "20" or "30". I got sick around 6 or 8 and sicker by the hour :(.

32. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@LazyLightning: Holy crap! I never made I beyond 8 for very long. They had to back me down to 6 because it made my contractions come too strong and fast without any breaks. Although I did finally barf right before we threw in the towel.

33. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: ill be thinking of you tomorrow!!! Hope you had a chance to relax and enjoy your day. You'll do great and you'll have your baby in your arms very soon. Can't wait to hear the news!!!

34. swedishfish

@jh524: thank you! I'm at the hospital waiting to start the pitocin. Nobody moves too fast around here haha. How are you?

35. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: Oh good luck! Keep us updated!

36. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@swedishfish: Good luck!! You'll be great!!

37. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@swedishfish: thinking of you - can't wait to hear the news!

38. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

Congrats to @swedishfish on the birth of her DAUGHTER!

.....Expecting:
    NEJ618- June 10 - Girl
    Darling - June 14 - Girl
    Sea_Bass - June 17 - Team Green
    Mrs. Chocolate - June 19 - ?
    JH524 - June 25 - Boy

.....New arrivals:
    Bisous - June 5 - Baby GIRL - Born May 26
    LazyLightning - June 1 - Baby GIRL - Born May 28
    Grizz - June 2 - Baby BOY - Born June 1
    Revel - June 1 - Baby GIRL - Born June 1
    MaybeBaby - May 24 - Baby BOY - Born June 2
    Espion - June 8 - Baby BOY - Born June 6
    Dewdrop - June 13 - Baby BOY - Born June 6
    TLCBaby - June 4 - Baby BOY - Born June 8
    GreenThumb - June 23 - Baby GIRL - Born June 8
    KnittyLady - June 6 - Baby BOY - Born June 10
    ItsMeJules - June 9 - Baby BOY - Born June 11
    Yourekindapretty - June 19 - Baby GIRL - Born June 12
    SoftCream - June 16 - Baby BOY - Born June 14
    TinyPiglet - June 18 - Baby GIRL - Born June 20
    SwedishFish - June 17 - Baby GIRL - Born June 25

.....Official count:
    Girls - 7
    Boys - 8

39. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@swedishfish: congrats to @swedishfish on her baby girls arrival!!

Now it's my turn.... Send me positive baby vibes ladies!!!!

40. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@jh524: Congrats on your due date day! Sending good labor thoughts! Do you feel like anything is happening?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee