Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: oh my!! How precious is he!!!!!

2. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Adira: Sooo cute!!! Re: "sexy time" - I think I'm mentally ready anytime we're cleared, and I've been wanting to at least give DH some "attention" in the meantime, but seriously cannot find the time and energy! Even DH is like, just go to bed and get some rest whenever K is asleep! Hopefully after the 6 week growth spurt and 6 week check up, we all get a little more rest and energy!

3. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

So Kaitlyn is 4 weeks old today! She has been going through a 4 week growth spurt, I *think* with Monday being the worst day, or maybe it's been better because I found out it was a growth spurt so I can deal.
    She's always hated being swaddled, but in the past week and half, I think she's calmed down a bit & I've found a better rhythm of when and how to swaddle her so that our night time sleep and feedings are a lot smoother! I went out and bought the Miracle Blanket yesterday, because that kind of swaddling technique seems to work the best.
    She's been staying awake for HOURS, and I mean, like a whole work-day kind of hours. But maybe that's also helping with night time, which I'll take. Only thing that's really been tough on me is how bad my tendonitis and carpal/cubital tunnel syndromes have flared up. Girlfriend wants to be held and snuggled ALL.THE.TIME.
    Also with the growth spurt, she's been nursing average every hour in the daytime and we went through like 14 diapers on Monday!
    *sorry my "little" update is a book!

4. Smurfette

@shopaholic: Growth spurts suck! We have used the miracle blanket the last couple nights, can't really say if it works since we are having issues with sleep the last couple nights. Trying a SwaddleMe tonight.

I think we are going through some kind of growth spurt too. Reagan has been eating constantly and it is fighting it HARD at night to go to bed. Last night was really bad, it was 1:00 before we got her down, after almost 3-4 hours of ssshing her, bouncing, feeding, she would wake herself up. She woke a couple times and then at 630 I finally just laid her on my chest and she slept off and on for a couple hours that way but I got a little more sleep. DH got home from work and was like I know I shouldn't complain cause you have it worse but I am tired. Huh, dude you slept from 3-730 in the guest room. I haven't gotten a 4 hours stretch of sleep since probably 36 weeks pregnant, that is two months ago! I am so tired today.

Reagan and I went to BRU today, it was a mess. She cried the practically the whole way there, at the store, and the whole way home. I broke down balling in the car and as I was feeding her when we got home.

I got back all her newborn photos. I am disappointed. The photographer knew how much I wanted one with the tutu and she gave us two and they aren't close up at all. No clue which ones we will buy or even use for announcements. But DH and I need to decide this weekend and get them ordered. I can't believe next week she is going to be a month already.

5. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Smurfette: Oh man! Sounds like how my Sunday and Monday were. Brutal! She was seriously up for like 9 hours with a 10 or 20 min. naps here and there, but only if I hold her or lay her on my chest like you said. Today was slightly better, but I basically camped on the sofa with my boobs out so she could just nurse and then sleep on my chest. I totally feel you. I am just trying to brace myself for the 6 week one since everyone says that one is hellish. DH is home earlier tonight and trying to take care of the baby while she's crying and I feel bad for him. But at the same time it's like - I've been doing this ALL DAY.

I also hear you on the BRU/car seat thing. IDK, I'm kind of traumatized by our trip to Costco because it was similar. Only like 4 miles away and it took 2 hours round trip since I had to stop and nurse her and try to calm her down.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment in the pics. I'm sure there must be a few good ones? I know you were so excited about the tutu! I never told you that I actually did make one too and our photographer never even got around to taking any pics with the tutu and crown she had. K got too fussy before we could get any. Now I am just hoping that our photog friend got some decent pics with it. But she was so scared to even touch K - I had to try and do all the posing and keep her calm.

Let's just hope that we only have to go thru the growth spurt for a few days and not a whole week! Keep on chuggin' on mama!

6. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

Hi ladies! I hope you all are well. I'm glad to say I can officially join you here now. In case you missed my other post, little Andrew Preston was born on April 3, weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz.

He is a cutie, and boy oh boy, did I have to work for it. I'm sore as heck but so glad to be on the other side.

7. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@aprk: ahhh!!! Congratulations!!!! He is soo yummy! Look at those lips! Enjoy the newness of it all! So happy for uou!

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@shopaholic: Xander stays up for hours too! The whole "babies sleep for 15 hours a day" is total BS. I'm lucky if Xander will nap longer than 30 minutes during the day, and after 5:00, forget it! He's awake until 8:00 or 9:00! But we're lucky because he's not super fussy, and he sleeps well at night, although still wakes up every 3 hours to eat.

@Smurfette: Sorry Reagan is so fussy!!! That must be frustrating. Do you think it's colic? And what a bummer about the newborn photo shoot! I would be so disappointed if I paid good money and then didn't get what I was looking for.

@aprk: What a cutie!!! And congratulations if I didn't say it before!!

9. Smurfette

@Adira: Could be colic but not sure. Hoping it is a phase, time will tell. I mean reflux, gas and colic how would I get so lucky??

10. Smurfette

@aprk: So glad that you are joining us. Again he is precious!! Congrats.

11. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

OMG, glad to see I'm not alone with the fussiness/nursing every hour almost. We're calling him Hungry Jack, like the pancakes, because he seriously cannot eat enough. I actually gave him a 2 oz bottle of formula a few nights ago, after almost nonstop nursing for like 4 hours, and he drank the entire thing and slept from midnight to 4 AM. I'm not planning on supplementing too often, but I'm definitely not opposed now either. Even my mom, who breastfed all her babies exclusively, cannot believe how much/how often he eats. According to our scale at home, he's around 9.5 lbs and he was 7 lbs 4 oz at birth. My boobs are going to fall off.

12. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

So we had Vivi's one week appointment yesterday, and she's gained back 8 ounces! She only has two ounces to go to get to her birth weight, which is where the pediatrician wants her to be by two weeks (obviously that won't be an issue).

She's nursing every hour basically, which is tough, but I'm glad she's gaining so well.

I'm really hurting today, so I'm going to try to stay in bed as much as possible to try to give my stitches time to heal a little without so much pressure on them.

13. Adira

@keepcalmcarrie: How old is your baby? Maybe he's going through a growth spurt? When Xander went through his 2 week growth spurt, he nursed constantly for 3-4 hours every night for 3 nights before finally stopping. It SUCKED. After that I had to introduce a pacifier because I just felt like I couldn't keep doing that and if my boobs felt empty, I didn't want him on them, haha.

How did you weigh him at home? Was it a regular scale or some sort of baby scale?

@Arden: Wow, that's impressive how much she's gained already! We didn't have a one week appointment, but at 3 days, Xander was down 10% and we had to go back in two days and he had gained 2 ounces. He was back up to his birth weight by his two week appointment (which was actually two weeks, 2 days), but it sounds like Vivi will probably be up even more at hers!

14. mole

apricot / 373 posts

@shopaholic: Fingers crossed that those side effects from her growth spurt pass soon! The constant eating sure does take its toll. It's weird to feel both like you aren't doing anything (just sitting on the couch or in a glider, etc) and yet like you are doing absolutely everything (feeding or holding her constantly!).

@Smurfette: Same for you, re: the growth spurt! I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your newborn photos. Does the tutu still fit her? Maybe you can restage the shots with her in it (although I understand that it is not the same)?

@aprk: What a handsome man! Congrats.

@keepcalmcarrie: Do you find that he tends to cluster feed within a certain time frame? My kid often does between 5-8pm. It makes it hard because my husband often comes home from work to a baby who just wants to eat!

@Arden: That's great growth! I hope that you feel better soon; take it as easy as you can!

@Adira: That's really nice that your baby is calm and sleeping for decent stretches at night! Doesn't that make a world of difference?

Things are going well on this side. Baby boy is starting to fall into a semi-regular schedule during the day. He wakes up around 7am to feed and then goes back to sleep for a bit. On MWF, we leave the house at 9am to go to Stroller Strides. He usually sleeps from 930-11am (in the stroller on MWF or on the couch on TR). He then feeds again, and we play for a bit. Sometime between 12:30 and 2, he goes down for another nap. The rest of the afternoon is spend feeding, playing, and napping -- with lots of cluster feeding between 5-8pm. We also get outside for a walk at least once a day. He gets a bath sometime around 8. After that, we usually feed and play again, with the goal of putting him down to sleep in his pack n play between 8:30-9:30. Sometimes that works, sometime it doesn't.

I'm knocking on wood right now, but he has been doing a better job at sleeping! The other night, he slept from 930-130, 2:15-4:30, and then 5-7am. Woo hoo! I felt like a completely changed woman. Last night wasn't quite as good, but he had a couple of 2.5-3 hour stretches in there. I hear there is another growth spurt coming up around 6 weeks, though, so I am preparing myself.

Is anyone thinking of taking their kids on any plane trips anytime soon? We are debating going to visit my family (2000 miles away) sometime at the end of May.

15. mole

apricot / 373 posts

Oh also: I just put away all of my maternity clothes! It felt so good to box them all up. I did have to buy another pair of jeans in one size up, but it was worth it.

I am starting to wonder if some of my go-to brands for pants are now a little too low-rise. I typically wear Hudson, Citizens, and Joe's Jeans. Do you guys recommend any specific jeans with a mid or higher rise? (Without being Mom jeans, of course!)

16. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Adira: It's been better today and yesterday. K is back to sleeping in the daytime with a couple of naps on my chest, in the bouncy chair even, or in the Ergo! I'll take whatever I can get at this point!

@keepcalmcarrie: That amount of feeding DOES sound like a growth spurt for sure! I hear you about the boobs falling off! Yesterday I thought, "omg, my boobs are deflated! There's no more milk in there!"

@Arden: Awesome on the growth and nursing front! Do you have anyone at home helping you out while you rest?

@mole: yes! I DID watch like every episode of Kourtney & Kim Take Miami though in the past 2 days and a few other shows that have been piling up on the DVR! It sounds so nice that you have a pretty good idea of a schedule now and itinerary of what you do! Yeah, I'm REALLY scared of the 6 week growth spurt as moms on HB and my friends IRL have all said that one was so hard! Are you going to be a SAHM or going to work? I forget, sorry if you mentioned it before.

As for traveling - we are going to Mammoth in a couple of weeks, so that should probably be a 6 hour drive if we don't stop too much. IDK how many stops we'll need though... Also, first flight trip will be in June to Italy. I'm scared of that one, but don't tell DH! I've been trying to get him to have a positive mentality about it, despite the layovers, etc.

As for us, I just posted another thread, but I finally took K into the pediatrician today, despite being worried that I'd just seem like a ridiculous FTM worrying too much. K had to sleep ON my chest basically all night and yesterday's naps. Even in her sleep, she'd squeal, squirm, cry out, and randomly look just so uncomfortable or in pain. I was thinking acid reflux or food allergy. Well, looks like we both have thrush. Doc also thinks she has reflux and maybe some GI issues related to that and causing her discomfort. poor baby! The "signs" of thrush she has have been there for IDK, as long as I can remember? I totally just thought it was milk and lanolin from my nipples.
    I'm now trying to figure out how to give her all the meds and probiotics every day for all the different times she needs them. Whew!

17. mole

apricot / 373 posts

@shopaholic: Oh man, sorry to hear about the thrush and the reflux issues. On the bright side, you are now going to be able to make her feel better since you went with your gut on this. You are doing a great job, mama!

Ooh Italy sounds like a great trip! (Mammoth will also be fun!) You are going to have a tiny world traveler on your hands. Where are you going? In college, I spent a bit over a week traveling around -- Naples, Rome, Venice -- and I loved it! When do you think you'll get K a passport? I need to start looking into that as well. My husband's annual office trip is coming up in August, and the rumors are that it is going to be an international destination. SOs are always invited, and I've heard babies under 1 can come too.

I am planning on going back to work in June on a very part-time basis: 12-15 hours per week, with only 9 of those hours out of the house (2 weekday nights, 1 weekend morning). I teach test prep courses, and I am lucky that I have a job that is allowing me to have such a flexible schedule. What about you?

18. Smurfette

@keepcalmcarrie: It amazes me how much something so tiny can eat. Although I read that they can control how much they get, so they can just suck and not really get much milk out. Hearing that Jack slept for 4 hours with formula, makes me want to try it. We are lucky if we get 2 1/2 hours at a time.
    @Arden: Glad that Vivi is gaining back her weight.
    @Adira: We weigh Reagan one time, with DH getting on the scale, then again holding her and figured out the difference. It was right around where we thought when we went to the doctor. How did you get Xander to take a pacifier? Any tips? R loves to suck, but we can't get her to take it regularly. We found one brand that she will take but it is rare.
    @mole: I am so jealous that you are on a schedule. How old is LO? I need to box up my maternity clothes. I think tomorrow I might unpack my regular jeans and see if they fit. My maternity ones are all too big. I keep putting it off cause I am scared they aren't going to fit. Supposed to be nice here this weekend, I am hoping I can wear a maxi dress to a bday party on Saturday.
    @shopaholic: I can't imagine taking R on a plane, esp to Italy. Y'all are so brave but I am so jealous you are going to Italy. What were the signs of thrush? Did the doctor put K on medicine for the reflux? We go back on the 16th for R's one month appointment and I think that I am going to ask the doctor to put her on something. It doesn't seem to be getting better.

So I don't think that me giving up dairy is really helping Reagan's gas. I am going to wait to eat it still until I talk to her doctor on the 16th but DH and I both think I would be ok to eat it again. Which would be awesome, I really want some pizza and ice cream.

We had a rough night and day today. She was super fussy and wouldn't sleep unless on me. She also was up 4 times to eat over night. I finally got her down around noon, DH ran out to get us lunch, so I thought I would grab a quick shower. Luckily I brought the monitor in with me, she woke up right when I was getting done, I threw my robe on fast to go and get her. She has been better this afternoon. She and I took an almost 2 hour nap on the couch today, it was awesome.

Where is everyone's LO sleeping at night? I want to get her in her room and crib but I keep putting it off. Partly cause in the middle of the night, then it will just be me getting up and doing everything. Plus I can't really sleep in the glider while holding her as well as I can in my bed. She does seem to like her crib for naps.

19. Adira

@mole: Aren't the longer sleep stretches awesome?? Xander has done that a few times and it's amazing!! I can't figure out any pattern to it though and he doesn't do it all the time. Usually he still wakes up every 3 hours to eat, but every once in a while, there will be 4-5 hour stretches, which are AWESOME.

@shopaholic: Awww, poor K!!! Sorry to hear about the thrush and everything! That's rough! Hopefully now that you know, things will start getting better!

@mole: I'm going back to work the end of May, after my 12 week leave is up and I'll be working full time. I'm nervous about pumping enough for daycare and having to pump at work!

@Smurfette: Hmm... maybe I'll try weighing Xander like that! I'm curious to know how much he weighs now and we don't go back to the pediatrician until April 26th. As for the pacifier, I have no advice. We have the soothie kind and Xander was just willing to take it when I gave it to him. You could try rubbing some breastmilk on it first and see if R will take it like that?

Xander is still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed, but I'm thinking I need to transition him to his crib soon. I need him used to sleeping in a crib before he goes to daycare, since that's what he'll be napping in there.

20. Smurfette

@Adira: right after I posted that DH tried it and she took it and sucked on it for 20 mins. She is taking it now again as I am trying to get her to sleep. Two different kinds too!!

21. Adira

@Smurfette: Woohoo!!! Congrats!!! Being able to give a pacifier to help soothe them is definitely helpful to my sanity! Hopefully it works for you too!

I forgot to mention this, but Xander rolled over today from his stomach to his back!! He did it SIX TIMES in a row, so I don't think it was a fluke! Though I'm curious if he'll remember how to do it tomorrow. I wish I thought to take a video or picture of him doing it - it was so cool!

22. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

Good grief... I'm so exhausted! Viviana has not stopped nursing all day! I'm talking 40 minutes on the breast followed by a ten minute break followed by nursing again. All. Day. Long. She hasn't even slept!

I am so sore. And, I'm bleeding from my urethra stitches. And my internal stitches hurt really bad.

I had better not have another day like this tomorrow...

23. Smurfette

@Adira: That is so awesome. Hopefully you can get in video next time.

@Arden: Will she take a pacifier to give you some rest? I am sorry you are hurting!

24. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

@Smurfette: I don't even have one...

It's insane. How can she not sleep? She's a week old! She's supposed to be sleeping all the time!

25. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@mole: Thanks! The sucky thing I've read in a few places is that the thrush actually can get worse for a few days on the medications before it starts getting better. Let's hope not!

We're going to be in Venice for a week, followed by a weeklong Mediterranean cruise. I don't know what I was thinking okay'ing it with my mom. Well, we didn't okay the one week in Venice thing. She booked our flights same as theirs when we didn't want to do the week before the cruise. What's done is done, and at the time I thought, "everyone says babies that age just sleep all day!" I kept telling DH that even though he thought we were crazy. And now... I feel like it's going to be crazy too. I still have a glimmer of hope that we can do a couple of day trips. And glad that K is getting better and better baby-wearing each day! I NEED to get her passport ASAP, but I had a terrible experience trying to get the picture at Costco last week and not good enough pics on my own. I'm hoping for a good day to get a pic soon!

That's really nice about your job! I'm just going to be a SAHM. And I say "just" very lightly. It is seriously a full-time job like I've always heard. I don't think DH's often really fully understand how much work it really is.

@Smurfette: I tried weighing K that way too, but our scale is so weird. It went up ~ 10lbs, which is so wrong. Got K weighed today and she is 8lbs 3 oz at just about 1 month old now.
    Oh and girl - I packed away those maternity clothes 2 weeks ago! I'm like, sayonara until next baby! heheh

The signs of thrush I guess are pains in the breasts (I had that), cracked or sore nipples (had that), white spots around nipples and in baby's mouth/tongue/cheeks (we did not have that), and some other stuff. Actually how he diagnosed it was because K's lips were all white from the inside of the lip to about 2/3 of the way to the outer lip edge. I had just fed her in the room and it was more pronounced. I always thought it was the Lanolin, but turns out it was the thrush.
    He didn't jump to giving me something for the reflux right away but said we could try Zantac. And I think he was willing to wait till our next visit, but I just asked him to prescribe it today so I didn't have to go back or wait another 3 weeks. Haven't tried it yet because it's been a lot of work just to give her the probiotics and the thrush medications. They said to give it ~ 30 min. before nursing her. I'll definitely try it tonight before her last feeding. I totally hear you on the sleeping situation. Chest sleeping was our only solution yesterday and last night. I didn't get to shower yesterday and this morning as soon as DH woke up, I told him I needed to shower before him while he watched baby. Made him a little late to work, but whatever! Glad R finally took a paci!

@Adira: Yay! What a great milestone! When does that usually happen? I thought it's much later because you usually stop swaddling when that happens?

@Arden: Oh man! I'm sorry you are so exhausted! I feel your pain. And ouch on the urethra stitches! Try to take it easy and hope you have lots of dermoplast! I'm still kind of addicted to that stuff!

P.S. I have a feeling that our March babies JUST.DON'T.SLEEP. lol! Well, not as much as rumoured! Adira & Mole seem to have the best sleepers so far right? And they're both Feb. babies! lol!

okay sorry i wrote a book... K's stirring and waking up again. Yay for 40 min. naps...

26. Adira

@Smurfette: I think it might've been a fluke. He couldn't seem to do it this morning... I'll keep trying though.

@shopaholic: I think it's rolling from the back to the front that you have to stop swaddling, and that doesn't happen until I think six months. Rolling from stomach to back is apparently easier and can happen a lot earlier. But I'm thinking it might've been a fluke - he's not doing it today!

Did you try the Zantac last night with K? Notice a difference at all?

I agree about our babies not sleeping!! While Xander's usually decent about sleeping at night (except last night, I think someone jinxed me), he's terrible at napping during the day. He just wants to be up all day long! It makes it hard to get anything done!

27. Smurfette

@shopaholic: I hear you on the not sleeping! I told DH the other day, they must have given us the wrong child cause our daughter should love to sleep like her Mom and Dad!

28. Smurfette

Boo! My regular jeans are a little right in the waist still.
    Stuck with maternity for a bit longer

29. Adira

@Smurfette: I haven't even tried on my pre-preg jeans! I'm sure they won't fit though - I'm still 18 lbs above pre-preg weight. I'm sticking with the sweatpants for now.

Just wanted to show you ladies this pic collage - I stole the idea from pinterest and I'm happy I did it!

30. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Adira: Oh that makes sense! So he rolled from stomach to back? Were you doing tummy time? I almost never put K on her tummy except for a minute or two of TT and when she sleeps on my chest. Aww.... I LOVE your photo collage! Saw that on Pinterest too! I love that you did it!

@Smurfette: LOLOL! Riiight? Seriously! I think I've been sleeping DEEPER the past couple of days now that I've been letting K sleep on my chest. Not sure that's such a good thing, but she does make a LOT LESS noise and movements when I let her sleep on me. So I think I've actually been getting some REM sleep!

Sorry to hear about the jeans. I'm fitting all my pp jeans, but finding the lower rise ones are more uncomfortable than any mid-rise jeans. I guess because of the pooch.

* We did get in one dose of Zantac. Overall, today she does seem a bit better and less fussy! We went out to meet my BFF for lunch for her birthday today, since we can't go to any of the evening/weekend festivities. She did a lot better overall. Still a few stressful points in the car. But I nursed her at the restaurant with the nursing cover (1st time!) and changed her in the restroom bathroom (thankful I have my own changing pad, but now I want to wash that too!) I still haven't been able to give her any Zantac today yet. I'm just working on giving her the Nystatin first and foremost. I actually got K to nap right now for over an hour! She makes a lot of noise so I keep thinking she's waking up. Now I wish I had tried to take a nap too.

We have a family party at my IL's tomorrow to celebrate K's 1-month birthday. It will be over an hour drive and IDK how many hours we will be there. Got to pack and prep tonight what we'll need. And figure out what K will wear! She is still too small for all her 0-3 month dresses and we don't really have much besides onesies and sleepers in NB. FX'd the drive will be okay.

31. Smurfette

I don't know what to do, this child will not go to sleep!!! DH and I are at our wits ends with the nonstop crying. I think I do have the triple threat: gas, reflux, and colic. No clue how I am going to get thought the next couple months.

32. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

Sorry I haven't been pulling my weight on this board but I've been trying to keep up with everyone - and failing. But here's a quick update from my neck of the woods.

Days start at seven or eight whether I want to or not thanks to Henry. At least it gets me fed and chugging my first cup of coffee by nine. Usually little miss Em has to be temporarily displaced from my arms for this to happen. First to get breakfast started, then again to put Henry in his high chair, pull him out of the high chair, etc. She might be content for all of two minutes before I have to pick her back up again.

It seems like she's constantly nursing but that's my fault, not hers. Breast reduction makes this part harder but I'm giving her only up to four bottles of four ounce formula a day. Sometimes only three times so she must be getting something from me! Only problem is that at nearly five weeks, it's often just comfort suckling.

She doesn't sleep for prolonged periods of time like Henry did at this age. She's constantly up and crying, wanting warmth and boob. When she does sleep is usually after formula - even just two ounces - and to put her in the swing after a burp, while she's sleepy from a full tummy. Swaddling seems to have no effect on her disposition but I keep it up. We're doing the Aussie style the woman behind the A+A demonstrates on youtube.

We're well past our birth weight but I don't know what she weighs right this moment. I'm guessing about nine pounds and a half. And we've just outgrown our newborn clothes. She's too long for them even though she's still skinny. Her face is finally rounding out more. We're suffering from another sprinkling of baby acne - or at least I hope it is. Tiny little bumps across her nose and cheeks. This is a different bout than what she was born with.

We get plenty of wet diapers but we've started cluster pooping - big poops all at once, right before bed. She gives little smudges during the day then completely covers herself front and back in poop at night. Right now we're in size one diapers. Our biggest problem seems to be gas right now. She gets a lot of that and I'm not sure if its from me or the formula.

Soothies aren't soothing. She doesn't like pacifiers but that isn't really a that surprising to me. Henry hated them for the longest too. For bottles, we're using Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles. For the most part, she hasn't been spitting up until very recently and not more than a few tablespoons, only after she's had four ounces of formula.

As for me, more than a little sleep deprived since the babies naps never align for me to nap. Not even with the formula plus swing combination works. I rarely ever get to sleep in my own bed with my husband anymore. Two hours if I'm lucky but it isn't every night. Usually I'm curled up on my bed (guest bed) with Em in my arms from feedings. We'll get through this, I'm just loathe to let her cry for fear of waking Henry who is right next to the guest bedroom/my office. Going to have to bite the bullet and just let her cry more.

And hat's my (hopefully) thorough update!

33. Adira

@shopaholic: Yes, he rolled from his stomach to his back during tummy time! And I'm thinking maybe it WASN'T a fluke because he did it yesterday too, although he was CRYING the whole time he was trying to do it, but as soon as he got to his back, he stopped! It was pretty cool. I got a video of it, but I feel bad that he's crying during it and I'm just letting him spaz out. Oh well.

Glad to hear that K was doing a bit better and less fussy! Definitely a good sign! Hopefully the Zantac is working and helping her be more comfortable, along with the other meds you have!

@Smurfette: Booo, sorry about the lack of sleep! Is she sleeping at night at all and just not napping during the day? Or if she not sleeping at all? I would maybe call your pediatrician if it keeps up - maybe you can get something to help her like @shopaholic.

@NaturallyCathy: Sorry you're not getting very much sleep! I can't imagine how difficult it must be with a toddler AND a newborn! Are you able to go to bed earlier and let your husband take over some of the duties? I tend to go to bed earlier than Hubs and he watches the baby until he wakes for his first feeding and then Hubs comes and wakes me up.

Xander has developed a new round of baby acne too! At least I assume that's what it is. It's all over his face and scalp, poor guy. Very unattractive! And we have guests coming over today! Oh well! And Xander's also doing the same thing with poops - he used to go after every feeding, but now he does one big burst once a day and it's a MESS. So far the size one diapers are containing it though! It's so gross to clean though, although it's probably easier to clean a boy than a girl! I don't envy you guys! Although at least you won't get peed on... Xander peed on me while he was taking his bath yesterday, haha.

34. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

OMG, I just typed a novel to join this thread and when I went to add a couple of pictures, I lost the whole thing. Headagainstwall.

Elliot & Finn were born March 11 (ODD: today! Apr. 6). I can't believe they are almost 4 weeks old!

I'm tandem BFing, supplementing, and pumping, so I'm basically just a dairy farm right now. We still have to eat every three hours, per our ped's instructions. So...getting all the feeding stuff done and them back to sleep before three hours have passed is still a little challenging. I'm sooo ready for them to become more efficient nursers, so it will speed up the feeding process. This is the first week we've been able to tandem feed, so I'm quite proud of us for that!

They are having some tummy issues (spitting up, getting fussy after eating and tightening up their legs, etc), so I'm trying to figure out of their digestive systems are just still not quite ready to be out in the world, if they have reflux, or if maybe I need to cut out something from my diet, like dairy,

As for sleep, i would love to get some. That about sums up our sleep situation. White noise is my best friend, though.

I am continually shocked by how much I love the lil' dudes! I'm completely enamored!

35. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Mrs. Blue: oh em geeee!!! Ok I'm in the car so hard to type, but eels how freaking cute are they!!! How did you fit them in the swing together? Precious! My friend with twins often tandem fed (in front of me) with the breast friend pillow for twins (or just bigger babies?). She loved that thing! Ok will write more later. Just wanted to say I loved all the pics!

36. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: OMG, your boys are soooooooooo adorable!!!!! I LOVE those pictures!!!! Congratulations again! I can only imagine how you must be feeling - I feel like a milk farm and I only have one mouth to feed! Hubs calls me the Milk Machine.

37. Mrs. Blue

@shopaholic: That's the pillow I use! Love it!

38. Smurfette

@Mrs. Blue: OMG!! How precious are they! I can't even imagine BF two. One is way more then enought for me. Mad props to you Mom! Reagan and your boys have the and birthday. I can't believe they will be a month of Thursday! They also share the tummy issues. Have you tried Gas drops or Gribe Water? They seem to help settle R's gassiness. I gave up dairy but I am not sure it is really helping or not. Waiting till I talk to her pediatrician at her month appointment before I start eating it again.

@Adira: sorry about X's acne. R has some on her forehead. I hate it. I want to see the video of him rolling over, even crying! Yes, girls are hard to change, so many places to clean poop out of. I can't wait till R stops pooping so much. We maybe have one diaper a day that is just wet. They all some poop in them.

39. Mrs. Blue

@Smurfette: as I was reading your posts, I was thinking how funny it is that they were born the same day and all have tummy issues. Gripe water helps a lot, and I just started trying gas drops. I just keep worrying about how much gripe water I'm giving them. I know it says 6 times in 24 hours is okay, but I can't help but wander if it's too much since they've been getting it for days now. They have an appt in 2 weeks and if it's still going on, I'll ask their ped. In the meantime, I'm jus going to keep pouring it down their throats! It makes them relax their little bodies within minutes! I'm hoping when we can completely wean off of formula that it will help.

40. Adira

@Smurfette: I wish I could post a video here! It's pretty funny to watch, even though he's pretty upset while trying to roll over. And don't worry - you'll get to the one poop a day soon and when you do, be warned! That one poop is MASSIVE!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee