Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@BlessedMama: that's awesome!! It must be such a challenge to have to pick out names for two people at the same time

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@NavyRN2012: yay!

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    February 28: Beanie132
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013 , ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja , LulaBee , MamaGoose , MrsMcCarthy
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette , linzeelou
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee
    March 30: yellowbird , Kemma
    March 31: Blessedmama
    April 1: NavyRN2012

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BlessedMama: soooo excited for you!

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Members of team green, have any hunches? I'm going to guess girls for Beanie and Kemma, and boys for youboots and Mrs Bucky

6. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@Anya: oh I have a serious boy feeling...so much so I think members of my family just refer to the baby as a he which is a habit we need to break! I truly have no preference either way, just an instinct I'm having.

7. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@Anya: judging from what I thought I saw at the anatomy scan it could be a girl but I'm not really 100% sure what I was looking at!! I think having a wee dude would be pretty damn cool though

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

My husband felt and saw our daughter moving around in my belly for the first time today. It tripped him out.

Praying for our sweet Lulabee today.

9. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

I don't have an inkling. M thinks it's a boy. Most people guess girl. Can't wait for the surprise of my life

10. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

No inkling! Or rather, conflicting inklings? Sometimes I have a strong sense baby is a boy, other times a girl! Honestly though I am just so grateful that the anatomy scan indicated everything is a-ok. March feels both close and far away at the same time!

11. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Hi ladies, one of our March Mamas suffered a loss this week.. I don't want to go into detail out of respect for her privacy but please send prayers and healing thoughts

12. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: thinking of her and her family. So heartbreaking.

How is everyone else doing on our quiet little board? I found out I have my glucose test at the next visit on Monday December 15th! Seems crazy to already be at that point. Ill be 24 weeks on Tuesday and just shy of 27 when I get my glucose. My little girl is movie like a wild child. I was feeling fantastic but have been very tired the last few days. I've gained about 15 pounds total so far which I consider good since last time at around this time I'd gained 25!!!

13. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

The 20's are kind of dragging for me! I think after we get through the holidays and into 2015 the real countdown will be on.

New moms, who has figured out childcare? I am pretty close to making a commitment.

14. Blueberry

apricot / 342 posts

@anya: prayers and hugs to that beautiful mom! Are you taking about child are after maternity leave? If so, I (fortunately) don't have to worry since I am a stay at home mom but my goodness I miss my job!!! Haha! Also, my mother lives on the next block so she usually watched LO when I need to head out.

@mrsmccarthy: my glucose test is on the 23rd! 24 weeks tomorrow also!!! my little girl is super active too! It was hard to pick up her heart today haha. I've only gained about 8 pounds according to the doc's office but I'm thinking that is wrong because I feel way bigger and baby is measuring great

15. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

I have my glucose test tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to the drink

I'm 25 weeks now and have started to have occasional sharp pains in my pubic symphysis. I'm really hoping it doesn't get worse because my job is pretty physical.

DD is in daycare 3x weekly now and my parents watch her the other 2 days. We may look at daycares closer to home but it's hard because she really likes her current place. I hate to take her away from her friends and teachers. I'm also not sure my parents can handle a 3 year old and a baby at the same time.

16. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

I just talked to the daycare we will likely use PT today. I'm going in for a visit after the new year. It's at a Catholic school that feeds into Preschool at age 3 and private school K-8. IF we opt for private school it will be at this school. It's nice to know they would start with kids they will come up through school with from such a young age. My friend takes her girls here and she went to the private school 30+ years ago and grew up in the same town its 10 minutes away. Done and done

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BeachMama: I'm getting those pains too! So annoying!!

18. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Ok ladies, time for another GTKY/check in!

-How far along today?

-Sex?

-Name(s)?

-Symptoms?

-Weight gain?

-What's next on your to-do list?

-Holiday plans?

19. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

-How far along today? 25w4d
    -Sex?
    -Name(s)? We are 98% decided, but keeping it a secret for the most part until after she's born.
    -Symptoms? Heartburn! I am feeling really good but heartburn is definitely my #1 symptom this trimester.
    -Weight gain? I'm guessing around 10lbs.
    -What's next on your to-do list? Decorating the baby's room and installing the car seat so I can get it inspected at the fire house. Also doing my glucose challenge test!
    -Holiday plans? Staying local and low key this year. Thanksgiving was really busy with a LOT of family, which was good but I'm looking forward to a calm holiday season.

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

I'll play!

How far along: 25 weeks tomorrow!
    Sex:
    Name: it's looking like Tallulah Catherine but not official yet.
    Symptoms: unfortunately some light spotting which is being checked out tomorrow. Lots of cramping, pulling, BH contractions back pain shortness of breath and rhinitis. Some heartburn but so far none of the crazy acid reflux I had with my son which makes me wonder if she's gonna be a baldy!
    Weight gain: about 15lbs last time I checked
    Next on todo list: we will ore register with the hospital Wednesday, then on the 15th I have the glucose test.
    Holiday plans: driving to see my parents and sis 3 hours away on the 20th for an overnight then spending 23rd-27th in Colorado with my lovely in laws.

21. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

-How far along today?
    26 weeks 6 days
    -Sex?

-Name(s)?
    no idea.... definitely hanging over my head trying to figure this out!

-Symptoms?
    headaches... nothing else!

-Weight gain?
    we'll see at the doctor on Wednesday, but it was already over 20 at my last appt (23 weeks).

-What's next on your to-do list?
    We're doing lots of home reno stuff to hopefully get it all done before baby comes.. we're finishing a fireplace remodel and also re-tileing our entryway/bathroom. Nursery is painted, need to hang up wall stuff

-Holiday plans?
    a couple local christmas's and also visiting my parents out-of-state for a couple days. Should be busy!

22. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

How far along today? 23 weeks today

-Sex?

-Name(s)? We have two front runners but we probably won't decide til we see him

-Symptoms? Lots of crampyness, lots of wiggling for him. I'm starving and thirsty all.the.time.

-Weight gain? 4 lbs at my last appt 4 weeks ago. I have an appt this thursday. I'm guessing I'm probably up 10 lbs now.

-What's next on your to-do list? Just bought a crib, stroller, swing, and paint for the nursery! Assembling and decorating commence!

-Holiday plans? Just got back from a super jam packed thanksgiving and supposed to do it all again for Christmas. I don't know if i can do another 6 hour car ride so we may have to change plans.

23. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

How far along today? 26 weeks exactly

-Sex? Boy

-Name(s)? Still haven't discussed it much. DH is having a hard time. On my list are Blake, Carson, Carter, Hudson, Tobin, Tyler, and Zachary.

-Symptoms? The 2nd trimester was pretty good. I've been getting some heartburn, and some low back and pelvic pain that make it hard to walk any long distance.

-Weight gain? Ugh. 15lbs

-What's next on your to-do list? Pick a freakin name! Start decorating the nursery, make a mobile, and crochet a blanket. I think once the holidays are over it'll really feel like crunch time.

-Holiday plans? We live near family so no traveling. Probably do a xmas eve dinner w family, xmas morning with DD at our house, then go to grandma's house.

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsMccarthy: was your son born with hair? Funny how everyone says that about heartburn.

@BeachMama: that's a good list! Is husband vetoing your ideas or just undecided?

25. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

-How far along today? 26+6

-Sex?Boy (still feels super weird to write that)

-Name(s)?Completely undecided, DH is having a really hard time with it.

-Symptoms? Heartburn, headaches, and pelvic pain. And I think I have been having some contractions, hoping I am wrong but they sure do feel like the real ones. Hoping the progesterone works to keep LO baking.

-Weight gain? up 6lbs

-What's next on your to-do list? GD test on Thursday I had grand plans that everything for his room would be ready by now. Ha, DH is not cooperating with me on that, so he still needs to paint.

-Holiday plans? Staying home, I have to work.

26. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@anya: I had crazy, constant heartburn with DD and she was bald for the first year of her life!

DH isn't vetoing - we haven't really discussed it because he says it's so hard for him. Honestly, I'm getting frustrated with him!

27. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: yes my son was born with quite a bit.

28. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

My turn

-How far along today? 23w 1d

-Sex? No idea, could possibly be a girl based on what I saw at our anatomy scan but I wasn't really sure what I was looking at...

-Name(s)? We're working on a list of three for each sex but middle name will either be Edith or William

-Symptoms? I'm feeling pretty good at the moment but I'm thinking Squish has just had a growth spurt based on where I'm now feeling kicks and the fact that I now look properly pregnant rather than looking like I just ate too many pies! Anybody else starting to feel Braxton Hicks?

-Weight gain? About 5 or 6kg so far

-What's next on your to-do list? We have a loooong list of stuff to tackle once we get past Christmas and New Year, first up is stripping and re-wallpapering the room for "Squish" then I need to haul out all my baby gear and start getting it sorted.

-Holiday plans? I'm really looking forward to heading north for two weeks to visit our parents and friends but I'm also looking forward to 2015 and counting down to 40 weeks!

29. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

i'll play!

-How far along today? 27 weeks and 3 days

-Sex?

-Name(s)? Bryson or Brycen for a boy...girls and middle names are still being weighed heavily.

-Symptoms? I have bronchitis right now so it feels like i broke a rib. Other than that mild acid reflux.

-Weight gain? 11 pounds last visit. I'm hoping to be right at 15 next week at my doc appt.

-What's next on your to-do list? DH is finishing painting the nursery Friday and then furniture move back in and organizing. We also need to order our crib I think. We have one more tour of a daycare this Friday and we are signing up for hospital classes at lunch today.

-Holiday plans? 30 min drive to family on both xmas eve and xmas day. probably my parents last time hosting, so it's a little bittersweet.

30. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

31. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

-How far along today? 26w6d

-Sex?

-Name(s)? We are calling her Liv, although her full name is a longer version of that

-Symptoms? heartburn is the biggest one, although it still isn't too bad.

-Weight gain? Don't know, but my guess would be around 15 lbs. I go to the doctor on Monday, so I'll find out then.

-What's next on your to-do list? Moving into our new house in 2 weeks, so the nursery. The room is different from the room we currently have as a nursery, so it will be interesting to see how everything will fit.

-Holiday plans? We live in the same city as both of our parents, so we will be doing a bunch of house hopping. Wish we could pull a "Four Christmases" and go somewhere tropical instead!

32. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Kemma: I haven't felt any BH yet! Curious whether I will

33. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

I had my second unsolicited belly rub today- another coworker! It was ok though. I have let some other people touch me when they've asked permission- of course she always stops kicking as soon as someone tries to feel. Kids, always gotta make a liar out of you!

34. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

-How far along today?: 23 weeks 1 day.
    -Sex? Boy!
    -Name(s)? I think we're pretty set on August "Auggie" Parker
    -Symptoms? Just random episodes of shortness of breath, and pretty frequent heartburn.
    -Weight gain? 9 lbs
    -What's next on your to-do list? Gosh, a lot. We're just trying to get through the holidays right now. We'll reeval after Christmas.
    -Holiday plans? We're going home for Christmas for a week- it's only a 3 hr drive. It's the last Christmas we plan on going home for awhile since we're moving next summer.

I had my 3 hr glucose today- realllllly hoping its negative so I don't have to go through GD again!

35. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

-How far along today? 24w6d
    -Sex?
    -Name(s)? We have been set on a boy name but now I am questioning it. We have a long list of maybe girl names. I have a front runner I love but have reservations about. Basically we are no where!
    -Symptoms? Lower back pain, congestion.
    -Weight gain? 10ish pounds?
    -What's next on your to-do list? Finish registries, finalize shower dates/guest lists. Figure out day care (my hubs is in charge bc thinking about it makes me feel panicky)
    -Holiday plans? Christmas with my in laws, then a brief baby moon and potentially also flying how for a shower immediately following both of those - oy!

36. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsBucky: I am struggling with figuring out childcare too! I keep telling my husband to just take care of it but then I can't help myself and I get involved again and stress myself out.

You guys, I just realized how close we are to the 3rd trimester! Some of us are already there. Somehow this milestone totally snuck up on me!

37. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Anya: yea, I'm not sure what my problem is, exactly. I think part of it is that I wonder if I should go back to work at all? I know I'm lucky to even have a choice, but not being 100% sure stresses me out! The default is that I go back to work but I have no idea how that will work out well since my DH and I both work such long, unpredictable hours. Blah! On a better note, we just ordered our best chairs tryp glider/recliner! I'm so excited! And BBB let us use a 20% coupon!

38. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsBucky: yep I am in the same position! I am also defaulting to going back to work because I don't want to resign and then realize a few months in I really want to go back, so I am following through with choosing childcare even if it only ends up bring temporary.

39. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Anya: man it's nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle! If you don't mind me asking, how long are you taking off when the baby comes? What type of work do you do? How does your SO feel about the possibility of you not going back?

40. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsBucky: I'm taking my full FMLA leave (6 weeks will be paid and the rest unpaid) and my husband would prefer I go back because he is concerned about it being difficult to go back into the workforce after taking time off (understandable!) but we will just have to cross that bridge when we come to it- maybe the work/life balance will work out great, maybe it won't! So hard to predict, especially for first time parents. I also work very regular hours and my job is not very high stress most of the time, which is great but doesn't help the decision making process haha. If I hated my job it would be so much easier to just say "see ya!"

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee