Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yay! What was your number this time?

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: 125.7 so a doubling of 42 hrs or so

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: that's great!

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm pleased

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: wonderful news!!!

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: thanks

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Just saw your ETA. I think the early monitoring is a huge plus! Financially, on the other hand....

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks for your offer. I'll definitely touch base with you if (when) I have questions!

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: Yeah it can be rough money-wise, but it depends on your insurance. Luckily I hit my deductible back in October when I had ectopic surgery so everything I'm doing now (minus fertility meds) is covered.

I actually wouldn't even recommend doing betas unless you have a reason to worry. It just causes more stress!

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Yeah, my insurance absolutely does not cover infertility treatments--"for the purpose of achieving pregnancy"

Trying to stay relaxed!

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yay!!

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

You guys... what are "betas" though???

12. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bizwitch: hCG blood test

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: thanks

14. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: great news about the betas!

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: I'm happy now I just need to stop obsessing

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

My phone has been broken for a couple of days, and I realized that I should check my voicemail from another phone. I had a voicemail from the RE office a couple of days ago saying they need to talk to me about the genetic results and a voicemail from the genetic counseling office asking to set up an appt. Called and left a message midday, but they didn't call back.

It's making me a little nervous because with the results we had - triploidy - if the extra genetic material comes from the mother it's no problem but if it comes from two sperm fertilizing the egg this oftentimes leads to a partial molar pregnancy, which can turn into cancer later. They said nothing about molar tissue before, and I think our pregnancy was more consistent with the diagnosis guidelines I found for it being caused by the mother's genetic material, so I wasn't worried at first. But now I wonder if we're needing to set up these appts to do more testing to see who's extra genetic material it was, which means more uncertainty and more waiting to TTC, at a min for test results and in a worst case scenario longer. The recommendation after a molar pregnancy seems to be no TTC for a year. Trying not to worry until I talk with them.

17. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm sorry for the additional worry. I hope you can talk to the docs soon.

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jhd: Thanks, I'm trying not to worry until I talk to them. Operative word, trying. With TTC, it seems to be one thing after another, and it's easy to spend so much energy on it that in retrospect wasn't necessary...

19. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh no! I'm so sorry you got a phone call like that. I hate it when doctor offices do things like that! I hope you're able to talk to your doctor soon, and hopefully the genetic counselor will be of some help too.

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: oh I'm so sorry you have to wait and worry. thinking of you!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: @mrskansas: Thanks TTC seems to operate under Murphy's law, I do definitely appreciate that it could be much worse, but yeah. I was so happy earlier this week about moving on and getting back to TTC, and hopefully that will still be the case, but I won't hold my breath. I just hope I can get ahold of them tomorrow, my phone is broken and I had to leave my office landline # and am not optimistic I'll be at my desk for the callback...

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'm pretty sure I woke up with a horrible UTI or bladder infection. This cycle is a bust.

I did find a super cute minion Easter basket for my daughter during my 6 AM Walmart run though, so I guess that's a plus

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: So sorry. Hope the news isn't too bad.

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

BFN this AM at 10 DPO. Or really 10 days after positive OPK, so it's 9 DPO I guess? Still have this weird feeling in my gut (a gut feeling? ). Two more days to AF so we'll see what happens.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Bleh I'm sorry, that's the worst.

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: What is your gut saying?
    @mrskansas: sorry about the UTI but yay for cute easter baskets

27. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@bizwitch: I'm really hoping you'll be joining the November DD club!!

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: My literal gut is full of pangs and twinges, it feels tight, like there is a pressure of some sort, my stomach's been sort of weird, and my boobs feel big and sore. My figurative gut is saying don't get your hopes up!

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: that was my gut both literal and figurative not that this helps with the getting your hopes up

30. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bizwitch: sounds promising. keeping my fingers crossed for you!

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'm having one of those days where TTC just feels hopeless.

I've been having a lot of ovary pain/cramping so I really, really hope there are some (or at least one) follicles ready to go today and I can trigger with that ridiculous $100 shot. If nothing has changed I'm going to feel really defeated but I'm trying to prepare myself for that.

32. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@shellio: Meeee tooooo

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: me three
    @mrskansas: good luck today with your scan, its at 4 right?

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yep, 4. Now to get through the work day without obsessing too much..

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I know the feeling, thankfully my follicle checks have always been at like 7am, but my blood work results don't come in until around 3pm so I sit waiting all day

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: They never mentioned doing blood work; does that tell you something else? Like rising estrogen or LH?

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: my doctor tests my estrogen, LH and progesterone. Rising LH indicates you are preparing to ovulate, and progesterone indicates that you have ovulated and estrogen can be used to indicate egg quality/and or lining.

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Interesting. If your follicles are ready to go & you trigger, do they still do the lab work? Or only if they aren't mature?

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I get lab work every time I go in for an ultrasound

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas:

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee