Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2019 Mamas

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Getting close! I’ve started spilling protein in my urine and gained 10lbs in a week. Will probably be full-blown pre-eclampsia by next week’s appointment.

2. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

Joining super late in the game. I have been following along anyway, so figured why not,

Due date? 3/26/19
    Team pink / blue / green? Pink
    Do you have a name picked? nope
    Maternity leave arrangements? between short term disability and Maternity leave 12weeks and then returning part time and using up my sick leave and PTO to get me thru til Aug when school starts for the other 2
    Where will you give birth? Same local hospital I already have
    Who will be at the birth? DH, maybe SIL to take some pics. she did this for DS and I really like having all the extra pictures capturing the moment since I only have 2 from DD1 was born.
    What are you most looking forward to after the baby arrives ? completing our family. staying home for a bit and just enjoying being a mom to 3 kids. And never having to take hormone injections again or having to go thru morning sickness again. All of it... being done.
    What's keeping you awake at night these days? hip pain, sciatic pain, peeing... umm everything lol
    Annnnnnnd favorite thing you have bought / been given for the baby ? probably just the muslin blankets I have gotten her, I get each kid their own 2 sets. They are pretty. And happy I scored some really great deals on used stuff like the Halo bassinet for $50.00.

3. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@dc yoga bee: wow thinking of you - do you have more frequent Dr visits now ? Keep us posted!

@pinkb: welcome ! 3kids , so wonderful. I love finding good bargains too !

4. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@dc yoga bee: How are you doing?

@pinkb: Welcome, Congrats! I am looking forward to our family being complete as well. We really struggled with the decision to have a second, so it’s nice to feel certain about this and just enjoy our kids.

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@EmmaNZ: @Aria: Hanging in there! Next appointment is Wednesday

How is everyone else!?

6. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@dc yoga bee: I'm good. Still melting in mid summer heat here.
    Having a whooooole lot of Braxton Hicks.
    35 weeks now , two more weeks of work and I finish up in 1 March. Can't wait !
    Starting to get very excited and anticipating labour.
    Have lots of projects to get organised at home before baby comes which will keep me distracted.

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@EmmaNZ: wow, and here I sit in winter wonderland of snow and ice lol! Lots of BH here as well. I’m teleworking until delivery so just kind of trucking along.

Anyone have Valentine’s Day plans?!

8. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@dc yoga bee: no plans for us! I'm 38 weeks so I would love to have baby a little early on Valentine's Day!

This is my 2nd and dr. said I was 2-3cm dialated, 70% effaced right now...i know that doesn't mean much but I'm hoping that means labor will go a little faster this time around since my body is already dilated a bit.

Anyone have 1st labor vs. 2nd labor experiences to share?

9. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@dc yoga bee: Does making my daughter sign 45 valentines for her class count as plans? Actually, my husband’s birthday is Valentine’s Day so we’re going out to dinner later this weekend.
    @elm5066: I’m curious about this too. My first was early so I’m hoping this one will be as well, or at least be faster.

10. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@elm5066: @Aria: I had my first early at 36w after a month of bed rest dialated to 3 or 4cm. My second (DS) came at 40w. With him I started dialating at like 37 weeks. By 39+6 I was 4 cm but he was still high at -2 station. A good membrane sweep sent me into labor that night. Both labors were short-ish. DD was about 7 hours and DS was 9 hours (only because I had to wait for some of the epidural to wear off and the mw wanted me to labor down a bit) both were out with in 3 or 4 pushes.

11. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

@dc yoga bee: I’m going to help out in my sons class for his valentines party and then Sunday we’re doing maternity/family pictures!
    @elm5066, @aria - I was induced a week overdue with my first but I’m really hoping to not go over with this 2nd one!

The poor sleep is really getting to me this week, I’m napping every day off I get! I’d love to get a prenatal massage and pedicure before baby comes!

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Pre-eclampsia. Baby time!

13. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@dc yoga bee: so exciting !!!!! All the very best.

14. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@dc yoga bee: good luck!! Hoping for a speedy delivery!

15. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good luck!! Wishing you a smooth delivery!

16. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@dc yoga bee: From another soon-to-be February mom, good luck to you!!!

17. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@dc yoga bee: good luck!!

18. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

Anyone else checking back for updates ? 😂
    I have 36 week appt this week and will.have another scan.
    Excited to see what size this baby is coming in at and what position they are in. I think they are head down.
    My first daughter arrived at 37 weeks and my mum is visiting next week so I'm hoping maybe this one will make an early appearance too.
    Would make child care so easy if my mum is here.
    How are you all doing ?

19. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@EmmaNZ: Yes! When I saw someone had posted I got all excited.
    I’m 38 weeks tomorrow and just waiting impatiently for labor to start. Feeling a whole lot of nothing other than occasional Braxton Hicks. I have a cervical check on Tuesday so we’ll see what’s happening then. These last couple weeks feel like they move soooo slowly.

20. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Aria: how many weeks were you when your first one arrived ? I agree , time seems to be draagggggging !

21. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@EmmaNZ: My water broke last time at 39 weeks. I almost wish I’d been late last time because that’s what I was expecting. Because now it’s hard not to assume I’ll be early this time even though it’s completely possible I won’t.

22. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

I had to be induced at 41 wks with my first but it went quickly. This time I would just like to not go overdue. I have a 2 vessel cord so we’ve been monitoring her growth which has been right on track. At 34 wk visit last week I had a med student and he measured me small and they also said I lost 3 lbs. My doc didn’t seem worried, thought it was just wearing my military uniform then regular clothes. But then he mentioned that we need to keep her in there for as long as possible to grow...(duh) trying not to over analyze since I’ll see him again next week but I can’t help it! Phew, that was a long post, sorry!

23. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@dc yoga bee: thinking of you!!

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Sorry for the delay! We came home this afternoon and are settling in as a family of four! After 12 hours of pitocin and an epidural that didn’t really take, baby slid out. We get me set up for pushing and he just starts sliding out like a water slide. The midwife had to hold his head to grab her gloves in time and catch him. Will provide a birth story soon. Nursing is going great, my milk came in less than 24 hrs later and it’s looming like an oversupply again. Working with a lactation consultant to try to manage it better this time.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@dc yoga bee: He is simply precious! 💕 I am so happy everything worked out. Thank you for sharing the update and ADORABLE photo.

26. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@dc yoga bee: He’s so sweet, congrats!! I’m glad you are both doing well. I like the name you chose!

27. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@dc yoga bee: so sure! Congrats!!

28. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@dc yoga bee: precious! Congratulations to you and the family!

29. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

@dc yoga bee: ❤️ Congratulations! ❤

30. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@dc yoga bee: congratulations!! He’s adorable and I love the name!

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@dc yoga bee: congrats!! He's adorable!

32. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@dc yoga bee: What a sweet little babe! Congratulations!

33. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@dc yoga bee: Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little man! Can't wait to hear more.

34. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Aria: i'm so impatient right now too! I'm 39 weeks on Thursday and will have a cervical check on Friday. My daughter was 4 days late but i've been really hoping this baby would be early. Wishful thinking!! Time is moving so slowwwwwwwwww.

35. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

Had my cervical check today, 1 cm dilated. She offered to do a membrane sweep if I wanted, but I declined, though I might consider it next week. Has anyone had one before? Did it work?

She also said I could schedule an induction earlier than 41.5 weeks if I wanted but my induction experience was not great last time so I’d rather wait as long as I can. It’s tempting though because it would make childcare a lot easier.

36. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@Aria: I had a couple with DS. The dr did the first one at 38 weeks and then the midwife did one at 39+6 and I had him that night. The research I found said they can be a helpful tool if done "correctly". Meaning they have to be able to insert their fingers far enough into the cervix (I read to the 2nd knuckle) to separate enough of the membranes. I could tell the MW was way more aggressive with it and it worked. I would not hesitate again to have it done, personally. I don't have any induction experience and it kind of scares me to be honest, much rather try the sweep. I was so done there was no way I was going past due! Had my induction scheduled for the next day but didn't need it. And DS was a chunck at 9.7lbs.

37. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@pinkb: Thanks for sharing your experience, very helpful. Do you remember how dilated you were for the membrane sweep?

38. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@Aria: the first one I was 2 I think. The second time I think 4.

39. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@dc yoga bee: congratulations! Such wonderful news. I love the name you chose. Did the HG stop with delivery ?

40. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Aria: I had a membrane sweep with my first and it did nothing.

Had her at 40+3. Those 3 days were the longest 3 days ever. My second came at 36 weeks. And here I am sitting at 37 weeks with constant BH contractions waiting miserably for labor!

Counting down the time at work (2 more weeks to go) and feel so tired after a day of work (I’m a hygienist). I have an appt this Friday and will probably do a cervical check (I skipped last weeks), 2 weeks ago I was 1 cm.

Also tested positive for Group B strep again (was negative with #1 and positive with #2). How about everyone else?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee