Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Due Date Thread

1. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@blushink: LOL, Mediagirl beat us to the punch!

@winniebee: My fear is silent labor. I do not want to have the baby in my living room. I know it won't happen--there are just a few too many stories in my family (none even about silent labor, what am I worried about?) I just got another story--my grandma's sister was driven the hospital and had the baby while her husband was parking the car!! and this is back in the day when hospitals (and their parking lots) were much smaller.

@duckduckkristen: Yay, cloth diapers and a real bath! So glad you're getting decent sleep too. Glad to hear you're doing well (except the UTI--hope they get you some antibiotics!)

@msmini: 7-8oz in one sitting? That's awesome!

2. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

@pastemoo: yes she did!! Its actually pretty funny to see all the votes. Now if only it could speed things along.

I slept horribly last night. Since about 7pm I'm been having constant cramping and all through the night. No contractions really just constant period like cramping, back pain and discomfort.

This is the first time it's actually gone through the night so maybe it's a sign?! But then again I think anything can be a sign at this point.

Had a little of bloody show again early this morning.
    Mavrick has had a weird sleeping pattern last night. Went down at 8 up at 12:45 and then up at 4:45-5:30 I gave him another bottle (yes need to stop that) and went back to bed. Obviously he would get up in times I was actually sleeping.

It's DH birthday today!!!

3. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@blushink: Happy birthday to dh and I'll keep my fingers crossed Sienna stays in there until tomorrow!

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@duckduckkristen: Glad to hear from you!!! The UTI sounds terrible - hopefully they can fix that pronto! Glad you are getting some decent sleep, too.

@blushink: Sounds promising (and tiring)! So are you hoping to not have Sienna today because it's DH's bday??

My night was pretty rough as well. Started intense contractions at 7 and they came every 15-20 mins until midnight when I tried to sleep. I was able to sleep between contractions (which slowed down to every 45 mins apart). It's also the first time I've ever been woken up w/ contractions. This morning I had some that were 10 mins apart, but nothing in about 45 minutes. I talked to the on call midwife and basically am supposed to call when contractions are 10 mins apart for an hour. Not going to go in to work today.

Anyone getting sick of complaining updates?

5. mediagirl

@winniebee: @blushink: I'm LOVING following your progress! It makes me so excited for when it is going to happen to me. Please, keep complaining and keeping us up to date on your progress!!

@pastemoo: I was on my phone last night reading the May board and I couldn't help myself.

6. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@winniebee: Here's hoping things start to pick up again. I think we should all have our babies this weekend . . . then we can start the May Mommies thread

I had a rough time sleeping last night too. DH and I went for a long walk (~40 minutes) and the last 10 minutes or so my back was in serious pain and it was starting to move to my pelvic area. I laid on the couch most of the evening, feeling like crap. Then went to bed and could not get comfortable. Then I got HOT. Then I kicked DH out of the room so I could sprawl out without another person's body heat in the room. Had a good cry because I felt terrible, and finally slept from 12:30-5am.

I was running late getting to work this morning (needed to make an emergency grocery store stop to pick up some treats - I really wanted something sweet and figured I'd share with my department). When I saw one of my coworkers, I just said "Didn't think I was coming in today, did you?" And she said "Nope, I was hoping last night was the night!" Oh well. I find out tomorrow if I've made any progress. I'm hoping for more effacement and a little more dilation to hopefully help the induction along . . .

And I couldn't even get my go-to lace up shoes on this morning. That also almost made my cry because I really didn't want to wear flip flops.

7. Mrs. Sunglasses

@Goldilocks1107: So sorry for the crappy night! I hope you feel better today!!!

So... I've been having contractions regularly since 5:30 am. My friend (aka Nurse) is coming over to check, but I think we will be headed to the hospital today (poor DH - it's his birthday) but what can I say, his daughter is hard headed like him!

I'll keep you posted on what my friend says. Contractions suck.. but yay because it means progress!!!

8. mediagirl

@blushink: Oh my goodness! That is so exciting!! Does your nurse friend do an internal check on you or is she just going to check your contractions with you? Hey, even though you may be at the hospital all day on dh's birthday this year, she may be born after midnight. (not that I would wish a long labor on you...) And, it will be a good story.

I'm hoping for a smooth and easy birth for you!!!

9. winniebee

@Goldilocks1107: Yikes. Sounds like we had the same sleep schedule last night (I slept roughly 12:30 to 5:30). So exciting that you have an end point in sight though.....just a few more days!!!

@blushink: Exciting and sucky all at once : ) I hope you are going to the hospital today!

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@blushink: Happy birthday to your DH. Hope baby comes starting today, but technically tomorrow so they can have their own birthdays. You know, a 12:01 baby. What time zone are you on? Could you make it that long in labor?
    Maybe Mavrick can tell that Sienna's about to show up, maybe that's messing with his sleep?

@winniebee: Hahhahahahah. Getting sick of complaining updates. Never. Of course I know I'm a big contributor.
    You sound so close!

I feel miles away. Cramping woke me up, but honestly I can;t remember what contractions used to feel like, now I just random pain, and I think my body is toying with me, Also the little guy was ridiculously active yesterday--like never took a nap and constantly rolling back and forth.

@Goldilocks1107: Sounds really rough! Are you working until Friday? You also sound like you might go on your own before the induction. Cool.

My sleep schedule is totally opposite yours. I go to bed at 8 or 9 because of DH's work schedule, and basically sleep for a bit, get up and do something. Sleep for a bit, get up and do something else...

11. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@blushink: Yay! Good luck with everything! And maybe she'll just choose to hang out until 12:01am so they can each have their own birthdays (not that I wish an extended labor on anyone . . . )

@mediagirl: Funny, I wrote almost the exact same comment before reading yours!

12. volksgirl64

apricot / 384 posts

Hi Ladies! Still here, still waiting. I see the doctor today and am really hoping for some good news, that I'm at least dialated or something. If I am, they'll sweep my membranes (DH can't remember what its called so he told me this morning "Good luck getting your balloon popped").
    Congrats on all the babies born lately and I'm waiting almost as anxiously for @winniebee @pastemoo @blushink and @goldilocks to have theirs!
    Officially done working as of yesterday so now we just wait. I've got some things to work on around the house so that should keep me occupied for a bit. Here's hoping we all have babies by the weekend!

13. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@blushink: Ohh, good luck!!

14. Mrs. Sunglasses

So im off to the hospital!!!!
    My friend didn't do an internal (she didn't have her gear) so they will do so at the hospital. I'll keep you updated!

15. winniebee

@volksgirl64: "balloon popped" - LOL, good luck! enjoy some down time at home before the big arrival!

@blushink: Soooo exciting! Keep us posted!

16. mrs. wagon

blogger / watermelon / 14218 posts

@blushink: OMG!!!!

17. mediagirl

@blushink - Hooooray! I'm so excited for you!!

18. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

Congrats blushnik!

@MSMini can you elaborate on your pumping? So wait you will nurse and THEN get 7-8oz?! Wow! What is your feeding schedule like? I haven't pumped in a 3-4 days at this point. By the time in rigged up and going baby girl wakes up hungry! I've also only managed to get 2oz from my left and 1-2oz from my right! I have been doing bottles of formula for her overnight feedings and by usually 11:30ish pm and then again between 2-3am and then am engorged by 7am when she is ready to eat and we nurse. Should I pump then when I'm most full? I'd love to get a stash going!

19. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@volksgirl64: Yay, no more working! I hope you get your balloon popped, too. That's too funny.
    @blushink: YAAAAYYYYYY!

20. volksgirl64

apricot / 384 posts

@blushink: Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

@winniebee, @pastemoo: 1cm dialated and 50% effaced and they fully expect to see me at my appt. next week Wed. Well, at least it's something, right? The doctor even brought up induction at this appt. in case I go past 40 weeks, that's nuts!

21. winniebee

@volksgirl64: It is def something! Did they pop ur balloon?? : )

22. volksgirl64

apricot / 384 posts

@winniebee: Oh, I forgot. The doc said he absolutely would have but my cervix is too high and he couldn't reach! Bummer.

23. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@blushink:Congrats on baby Sienna!

Is it bad that I feel like I'm making progress when another of the May mommies has her baby?

I'm curious to find out if I've made any progress when I have my OB appointment tomorrow. I'm also pulling together my list of questions to ask my OB about inductions. Here's what I have so far - do you ladies have any other questions that I can ask for all of us?
    1. What's the process like - start to finish?
    2. How long can I eat/drink?
    3. When will they start the pitocin (how long after the cervical gel)?
    4. How long will I be allowed to progress before other measures are considered? And what are those other measures?
    5. How does fetal monitoring work? Will it affect my ability to walk around during the labor process?
    6. Where will I be - start in triage or in the birth suite for the majority?

I want to make sure I have a good idea of what to expect before I actually go through with the induction. And if any of the ladies who were induced have feedback on what it was like for you, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it!

24. winniebee

Heading o hospital....might be sent home but contractions are 7 apart so was told to go!

25. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

YAY more babies! I'm so excited for you ladies!

26. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@winniebee: Ah good luck!!

27. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@winniebee: Fingers crossed that you get to stay!

28. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Goldilocks1107: sounds like you got all the major questions.
    @winniebee: OMG! Yay! good luck!
    @blushink: Sienna is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

29. Mrs. Sunglasses

@winniebee: ooooo yay!!! Good luck

30. Mrs. Sunglasses

Hey ladies!!! Thank you for the good vibes. Baby Sienna was born at 2:27 all natural (as in drug free)

I was admitted at 11:50 so as you can see it didn't take long. Much easier a second time around. Shes healthy weighing 7.14 (almost 8lbs) and mesuring 20"

More details soon.

31. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

such a busy day here!

Breast pump news is coming along slow for me: I still haven't used my pump. I did open the box last night and read the instructions this morning. The next step is to boil the parts to sanitize them. Hopefully I'll do that tonight and maybe pump tomorrow morning for my first time?! Eee. I don't know why I'm so intimidated by the whole pump thing! Nico is still sleeping so I *should* boil those parts now. Here I go!

32. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@blushink: amazing! Congrats and she is beautiful!

33. mediagirl

@winniebee: oh baby!! Good luck! Hope it all goes well!!

34. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@blushink: congrats!

@winniebee: Good luck!!

35. winniebee

@blushink: congratulations!!!

I'm in hospital but not sure if I will be delivering - on the bubble things looked like they were slowing down but then Have had a few monster contractions here holy crap. We shall see!

36. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@winniebee: good luck sweetie! I hope that little boy makes his appearance soon!

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@Nskillet: My feeding schedule is every 3 1/2-4 hours at night (whenever he wakes up), and every 2 - 2 1/2 hour during the day. My breasts produce a TON at night, so after the morning feed (between 10-11am) I am really full, so I pump after he is done nursing, and get 7-8 ounces. I use a double pump and just pump for 10 minutes. I would pump when you are most full, if you want to get the most volume. Biologically, you do product the most overnight, so pumping in the middle of the night or morning should yield the most milk (even if it costs you sleep).

@blushink: Congrats!

@winniebee: Fingers crossed that this is it!

38. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

@winniebee: Best of luck, I hope this is it!!
    @blushink: Congrats! Sienna is beautiful!

39. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@MsMini: I just did my first pumping ever! Nico fed on the right boob and during that nursing session, my left boob leaked ALL OVER (apparently my breast pad was soaked and so it had nowhere else to go but out of my shirt). So I figured it was a good a time as any to pump that leaky left boobie. I got 3 ounces. I found it totally fascinating to watch. I think this pumping thing is going to be great. I'm going to try again in the morning, as you say that's the most productive time. Yay pumping!

40. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@blushink: Ahhhh! Congratulations! I totally missed your post when I was posting last time. Saw the photo of Sienna from the other thread. Such a pretty name. Such a pretty girl. So happy for you to have had such a quick and natural labour. Horray for you! Horray for Sienna!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee