Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Due Date Thread

1. Mrs. Sunglasses

GOLD / pomelo / 5167 posts

@Goldilocks1107: Oh yay!!! Congrats! Glad you weren't sent home. I know how much you wanted to see baby girl! Hope you have time to rest and enjoy baby!

2. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

Congrats to all the new mamas!! Congrats to the 2 water breakers!

Im going to create the May Baby thread

3. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Goldilocks1107: congratulations!!

4. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Goldilocks1107: congratulations and thanks for sharing your birth story! I'm curious about the middle name last minute change....tell us more about that!

Okay, so I have a question: now that the new thread is created, is that our go-to thread and therefore is this one 'closed?'

The pacifier situation is working out. I think we're just going to use it in the evening before bed, which is when Nico seems to get a little cranky. And I'll use it randomly if I ever need a quiet baby, if you know what I mean.

I've also gotten into a new breastfeeding routine. Since he is feeding less frequently, I started having engorgement issues on the boob that hadn't been drained in a while. (He was a one-boob per feeding eater). So now when he unlatches, I burp him and change his diaper and then I give him the OTHER breast. (I used to put him back on the first one again and he would be satisfied with that). And (knock on wood) Nico seems to be settling into an eat-every-3-hours routine. (A bit more frequently during his awake periods).

Okay, so someone tell me if this thread is closed.

5. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

I'm posting here quick before hoping over to the May baby thread.

@Goldilocks1107: Congratulations! Audrey Marie is such a sweet name. It sounds like things went so well with your induction, yay!

@cvbee: Thanks, I think you're right. They're feeling more full between feedings now so I think its still just my body working out supply and demand.

@blushink: Your feeding schedule sounds a lot like mine right now. She'll give us decent stretches at night but lately has been up and nursing a lot more during the day. I'm not leaky and was never truly engorged so I think that's why I worried, but her wet and poopy diapers definitely prove she's a well fed little one.

6. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@Goldilocks1107: Congratulations!

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Goldilocks1107: congratulations.
    Volksgirl hope you re doing well.
    I missestimated when my water broke. On pitocin took forever to dilate. After 17 hours got an epi. 10 hours more including 1.5 hours pushing. Asked to turn epi down... Both of us got an infection. So I got a c section. He was sunny side up and stuck. We re stil l at hospital now. little gabriel is super cute. Hope every one is doing well. We ll catch in a few days. Oh hes 8 lbs 2 oz 21 imches

8. volksgirl64

apricot / 384 posts

@pastemoo: Congrats - what's the official birthday??

We're home from hospital. Reese was born on 5/21 almost exactly 12 hours after my water broke - less than 7 hours on pitocin. My contractions weren't picking up at all so we started pitocin but it was just enough to get my body to "get the hint" and start doing its thing. MUCH different from my first delivery.
    After an episiomoty my body literally took over and I didn't even actively push, she just came out! I sat up and watched and it was amazing.
    I posted on the May Baby thread too so there's a few more details over there.
    YAY for May Mamas!

9. MsLipGloss

GOLD / pineapple / 12662 posts

@PasteMoo: Congrats!!!! So glad you and your LO are doing well!

10. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@pastemoo: Congratulations!

@volksgirl64: Congratulations!

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@volksgirl64: congrats! same birthday and you were first
    we just got home--no more infections!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee