Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Ugh, nope there's one night each week where another practice cross-covers.. Even the nurses were like "wait, he made you come in for spotting? you're 37 weeks!"

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: ugh face palm.

3. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: ugh, so annoying that you had to go in. At least everything checked out, but still...

4. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm glad everything is ok! But sorry for the pain in the neck I'm sure it was.

Pregnancy insomnia is no joke tonight. It's 2am here and my body/mind are showing no signs of letting me sleep. Any other mamas out there wishing for sleep or daybreak?

5. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yep... DH is out of town so I stayed up WAY too late tonight doing stuff around the house & last few online orders of baby stuff. I feel delirious, but just couldn't stop earlier than now (1a west coast). I'm so going to regret this tomorrow.

6. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@SeptMomma12: glad all's fine... how annoying.

7. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: that was me last week. Has a rough night! Have you tried unisom? It's the only way I'm getting any sleep lately!

8. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: good reminder! I took it a few times but keep forgetting about it. I think now that the habit is formed to wake up at 12,1am, I need something like that to break it.

9. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: what a PITA

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yeah I've been taking unisom as well it's the only way I sleep anywhere near all night.

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I packed my hospital bag this am.....therefore she'll be late and have to be induced

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Haha. After our hospital run on Friday night, my parents both packed their "go bags" for coming to watch DS. That was finally the motivation my husband needed to put a few things in a bag for himself!

12. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: I still haven't gotten to packing a hospital bag... I'm convinced I'm going to be a week late so I'm procrastinating on everything.

13. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: lol my DH has been telling me to pack one but doesn't have one himself yet although he did pack our son's bag a few weeks ago.

@kick641: @SeptMomma12: I never went into labor last time so it seems pointless but I was thinking last night and if I have to send someone to the house and they grab the "wrong" things I'll be annoyed (I'm just a bit type A ) soooo that's the only reason it's packed, there's really not a lot in there.

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Ugh ladies, I feel so silly typing this, but I'm so pissed that William and Kate named the baby Charlotte. (Yes, and obviously hormonal!) Out of all the names in the world, it's the same one we are using next week. And I don't think we'll change it because I love that my son chose it (and we've already got some stuff with the name on it), but I'm annoyed that now every comment will be "Oh like the royal baby?" I've already gotten 3 texts from friends in the last 10 minutes saying "I hope that wasn't the name you were planning on using!"

My son was born on 9/11 and I get shitty comments literally every time I have to give his birth date, so I was kinda hoping for an uneventful birth date/name this time

15. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: I completely understand? I was dreading that they'd pick Elizabeth and I would be having the same feelings you are right now? I think they're reasonable under the circumstances. Hopefully in a couple of years no one will associate the name with a princess anymore? When I hear George these days I don't think of the prince at all.

16. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: It doesn't help me NOT wake up, but it helps me go BACK to sleep, thankfully! Otherwise i wake up at 2am and am wide awake. Ugh.

@jetsa: LOL Right?!?! Mine's sitting in my car and i'm like...inevitably won't be needing THAT anytime soon, thanks, Murphy's Law.

So i went to Kmart today to pick up a giant 75cm exercise ball to sit on. But my wallet was in my diaper bag so I couldn't buy it. I even was checking out! ugh. What a pain. so i'm going back at lunch to pick it up. I dunno about you guys, but i'm sitting on this office chair today and it is KILLING my crotch. I definitely need something with some give

17. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: it's good that you packed it though- I kind of half-assed packed mine bc just like you I thought it was jinx an early labor from happening. Then when I went into labor, we spent 30-45 mins rounding up last minute stuff and by the time we were on our way, everything had spun out of control as far as contractions/timing/pain. I never thought 30-45 mins would be critical but it was! I told DH I really wish we wouldn't have messed around getting out the house bc I could have gotten my epi a lot sooner if we had gotten there earlier!

@SeptMomma12: ugh!!! I'm so sorry they picked Charlotte !!! Fwiw, I didn't know Victoria Beckham named their daughter Harper until after we had chosen the name and everyone asked me about that! But really only at first...Then it went away, and I'm sure any Royal baby name questions will eventually subside, but I'd be upset too for the same reasons as you:(

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Hope everyone is well! I'll have a 2 week old in a couple of days- crazy! We are excited to get permission not to have to feed every 2-3 hours at our 2 week follow up tomorrow. I can handle waking her up that often to nurse, but my toddler has also been sleeping terrible, and I need a break somewhere! I am bouncing back and forth, totally out of if, every night from 130-7a. It's nuts, but I am trying to not be too hard on my toddler bc I know she's just adjusting. My husband left last week, and we had a nice 1:1 ratio going with kids, and now it's me splitting my time between them both and I know it's tough for Dd1. She's used to being the center of my universe. My mom is here and she can help some, but both girls really want me, so mom is mainly helpful with cleaning up or fixing food, etc.

DD2 is super sweet and easy though. I'm enjoying her sweet snuggles so much. We had a bilirubin check last week and she was above her birthweight, clocking in at a heavy 6lbs 2oz, and I can tell she's filled out since then so she's doing well:). And even though DD1 is trying to adjust, she loooooves "Baby Sisser" and they are pretty dang adorable together.

19. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Oh I would totally be pissed too! BUT, I agree with others that I think it will die down pretty quickly. And in the future people won't correlate the two. It's still such a beautiful name and you have great reasons for choosing it.

@blackbird: It worked!!! No crazy insomnia last night. Thank you!

@PrincessBaby: aw, 2 weeks! That seems to have gone fast! How is nursing going the second time around? Glad to hear DD1 loves her. I have worries similar to how she's acting that all she wants is mama, but I'm hoping she loves DS enough that it can pacify that a bit.

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Glad to hear things are going well!!! And so happy that H is enjoying her baby sister, even if it's taking some adjusting. My son has been waking up at 5:30 every day for two weeks now, so I'm dreading adding a nursing newborn to that schedule. (While you would think maybe my husband might help out being that I'm 9 months pregnant, he downright sucks when it comes to helping out with sleep )

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I soo feel you. I was thrilled Diana got scooted to 2nd middle because I knew we'd get the same questions because we call her Dia.

@blackbird: I have a ball from last time, I sat on it yesterday and my DH thinks its just ridiculous.

@PrincessBaby:

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I had a pretty easy time nursing the first time - the only issues we had was when I had to FF bc DD1's jaundice was believed to be Breast Milk Jaundice and we couldn't get her bilirubin to stay down with lights alone. But we were able to get back on course. But this time has been a total breeze. I had her just before midnight on Wednesday night, and my milk came in Saturday morning. So I only had to nurse her with colostrum for 2 days. DD1 it took about 4 days to come in and I was so stressed wondering if it ever would! I remember DD1 kind of "breaking in" my nipples - I had to use nipple butter and brace myself when she latched - but I haven't really had any nipple discomfort which is nice! I weaned DD1 at a year, and even though I've had a 1.5 year break from it, it's like my boobs remember what to do and it's been pretty easy.

@SeptMomma12: Ever since my husband left, DD1 has been waking up anywhere from 2-230 screaming (not like her at all) and she comes to my room and wants to sleep with me. I'm usually nursing the baby, and so I just let her up. I am hoping it's something that will maybe resolve on it's own. I think it's separation anxiety and she just wants to be close to me. Normally, I'm HARD CORE when it comes to sleep issues. We made DD1 a great sleeper, she wasn't born that way. But I don't want to give her a hard time right now, I don't want to scold or make her CIO or anything, I don't want to add to her stress or her anxiety. She's also acting out with other stuff too, biting when I discipline her for other things and also hitting. Never aggression toward the baby (but she is SUPER rough and scares the crap out of me), always to me, and she bit someone at daycare last week. So right now, she's 80% sweet angel Big Sisser, 20% Evil Minion. I know this is not her true personality though, and she's just coping the best she can...

One thing that is sad to me is that after looking at and holding a tiny newborn so much, my 2.5 year old doesn't look like a baby anymore. She looks like a little girl, and it tears me up a little

23. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: awww i'm glad nursing is going so much better this time! I'm really hoping my body takes to it well, despite it going so poorly with E! Seems like a lot of second time moms have better/smoother experiences with #2.

@jetsa: mine is currently sitting on a cushion because I couldn't get it fully inflated! I'm going to let it stretch out tonight and then add more air tomorrow. This is really quite the debacle in my house.

24. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Yeah, I think my supply is better too! I rarely leaked with DD1 - only if I was engorged - and I was really surprised that if DD2 goes like a half hour longer than usual without nursing, I'm leaking everywhere...

25. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh that's so good to hear! That's what I'm hoping for - that my boobs will just "know what to do" again and it won't be as uncomfortable as it was with DD. I had a crud supply so I'm also hoping this time it comes in faster and DS can create a demand that will increase my supply.

26. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Hi ladies!

Baby Adelaide is 8 days old today! Crazy too me! We've been in and out of the clinic daily checking her bilirubin. We had a 24 hospital stay this weekend due to her levels getting too high but they are back down now. We get to skip testing tomorrow yay.

I'm asking for good thoughts and prayers for Wednesday. We have a follow up with the pediatric cardiologist for a wonky heart EKG and echo. They think she might have a vein running from her coronary artery to her aorta.. And when they're first born the blood pressure is the same in all the major vessels so they couldn't tell if it's attached or not. In parts of the echo everything looked fine, they're pretty sure it's all well... But we need to have a follow up EKG and echo wednesday just to be safe. My mom is in Chicago and hubby is back at work so my dad is going with me. I wish my mom or hubby could though. Love my dad, but if I get bad news I'm really going to need my mama or Garrett.!

He went home Thursday night. It was hard. I cried for over an hour. I'm having lots of emotional roller coasters over feeling like I haven't been the best fiancé to him that I should be. Watching him walk out the door and imagining myself in they position almost made my heart stop, I swear. I can't imagine having to leave like that.

I'm also struggling because I feel bad I can't carry DS. @SeptMomma12: I dunno if you have been warned but I was firmly informed I am in no way to lift Gav until 6w pp at least. I know he's turning to my mom and step dad cause they can help him the most, but it hurts me to deny picking him up. The night the baby was in the hospital I came home for 1.5 hours right after feeding her so I could spend some solid one on one time with my son. He cuddled with me the whole time and I cried for most of it. I'm crying typing this.

In other news. My boobs are milk machines. I just soaked myself. I have to pump 1 or 2 times a day to relieve myself. I had over 3oz from one boob in 7 minutes. 2 of that was in the first 3.5 minutes. It was insane. I have 32 oz in the freezer already from pumping 1-2x a day since we got home Wednesday night.

Can't wait for more squishes.

27. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Eeeeeeek my induction just got bumped from the 11th to tomorrow!!! Will try and update from then on the labor board!!

28. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: sending lots of positive thoughts your way...hope you get good news!

29. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Mrs squirreld: wow!! Good luck!! I'll be watching the labor boards.

30. blackbird

@Mrs squirreld: good luck!!!!

31. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh that sounds super stressful! I hope everything is Ok!!!!

32. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I had my 38w appointment yesterday. I was curious so I asked for a check
    Still 70% effaced but went from fingertip to 1cm dilated and the baby's head is settled in the pelvis (-2 station) and didn't float away.
    So, yay for some incremental progress!!

Otherwise my vitals and baby's looked good. On to another week of growing the baby and applauding those of you closer to the big day!!

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: good luck, I hope you get good news!

Has movement gotten painful for anyone else? I think she is just out of room but everytime its painful, I'm like is that a contraction or is she just out of room?! lol I'm ready for her to be in my arms!

34. blackbird

@jetsa: yes yes yes yes yes. I yelp like a dog. OW, kid. OW

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. Sending lots of prayers to Baby Adelaide! I had to stop carrying my son pretty early on this pregnancy because he's huge - was 38 lbs at his appt in March - so he's gotten very used to that, but the no lifting at all is going to be very hard We bought a step stool for the car so he can get in and out himself, which he loves. But I'm not sure how I'll handle getting him in and out of the crib. DH is going to have to learn to get his butt out of bed.

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Yes! It was worse with my son - used to literally make me cry - but this one has been pretty bad sometimes lately too. She jabs her foot (I think) out the side of my belly and it feels like I'm being stabbed. Not to mention the cervix bumps

@Mrs squirreld: Good luck tomorrow!!! Keep us posted.

I went to the store this morning and the cashier told me she's never seen a baby so low who wasn't already on the outside. Umm, thanks...I wasn't aware how low she is!

37. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: awkward, LOL

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh yes, she's headbutting me and I've got feet in my ribs. It's awesome... At my village board meeting last night they looked at me like I had 3 heads because I was there and still working, umm my leave is unpaid so I'll be here until a dr tells me I can't be or she decides to meet us.

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Exactly. I'm working from home but I'll take that paycheck til the last minute possible!

40. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yeah, twice in the last week I've had clients question the fact that I'm still at work...umm sorry?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee