Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: Sounds like criteria, I wish I wouldn't known that before my false alarm!

@kick641: Ohh, I'd love some free diapers! I wonder what she'll have, boy or girl.

@BabyPenguinXO: Yay, baby time will be here soon!!!

@blackbird: Good for you! I have absolutely nothing cooked in the freezer, but I don't do a ton of cooking from scratch anyway. I'd like to make some steel cut oatmeal so I have some hearty breakfasts available. I'll probably just rely on my mom to take care of it

No news since my false alarm trip to L&D yesterday. I had my BPP and baby was really sleepy - he almost failed until he started moving right at the end of the test. It makes me wonder because he's usually very active for the BPP and I read that babies can be less active to conserve their energy before they are born.

I had my check with the midwife and I'm still only 2.5 cm, same as last week. 70% effaced. She did a membrane sweep which HURT and I've been extra crampy ever since. We'll see if it does anything!

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Nice job with the freezer stocking! I've been filling ours too, but not quite that much. Lots of ziti/lasagna and meatloaf. LO's favorite foods.

3. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: good job! I've done nothin lol. My husband doesn't mind to cook so I've not worried about it much. I suppose I should

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

In hospital, I'm 35 +5. bp hit 150/100 and +1 protein in urine. Urgh. Pretty much the same as what happened in my first pregnancy but alot earlier..baby is good, so that's the most important thing. Had bloods and been given meds....just waiting on dr now.

5. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: you've got this mama! So sorry for the scare, but so glad babe is going well. Keep us update and we will be thinking/praying for you both!!!

6. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh no, I'm sorry! Glad baby is well, feel better

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @macintosh: thanks ladies

Have been admitted for monitoring for the next 1 - 2 days. Waiting on blood results but at this stage, it will be a waiting game to see if i respond to medication. If all is good I will be induced at 38 weeks. Also a ultrasound tomorrow to check she is growing ok still. If I don't respond I will be induced in the next few days. Eeek bub will be here in 2 weeks at the most!

8. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yikes! Good luck mama & hope you can keep baby in a bit longer!

9. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Mrs squirreld: good luck! I hope your ultrasound goes well and your body responds to the medication!

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Good luck! Sending you lots of good wishes. Glad to hear baby is well

11. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yikes! Lots of good thoughts coming your way!

12. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs squirreld: how have you been? I hope you're feeling better.

How was everyone's weekend? We've been a quiet group! It's almost May, time for some more babies to start arriving!

I waited all weekend to see if that membrane sweep would start something, but no such luck I'm so ready to have this baby - 4 more days!

13. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@macintosh: hang in there... Maybe in the next couple of days you'll make progress!

I was so busy this weekend trying to get ready for baby girl. I'm just approaching 36w this wk, but with the early arrivals in our group & talking to so many women irl who have delivered pretty early (4-6wks early), I'm kind of in a panic that I've still got so much to do! Trying to get my hospital bag together, things put away in the nursery, some essentials washed, our guest room ready for my parents who will fly in a few days before our due date... So much to do! I still have 2wks of work, too, which feels hectic trying to wrap up my projects. I'm excited, but getting nervous how close we are getting.

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@macintosh: four more days, that's so close!!

I am NOT ready for this baby to come. I joke with people that there is just too much going on this week. Anytime in May would be fine. I just need him to hang out until Friday. I'm only 37w so that should be do-able. I know I have very little control over this, which is what makes it more stressful!

15. blackbird

@macintosh: Ah, only 4 more days!!!!!

I'm 38+2 over here and still haven't packed my bag, HAHAHA. it's on my to do list today. I have it set on the counter, which counts for something, right? Right?!

16. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: that makes me feel better! As if I have an extra week before I have to pack my bag.

17. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: you are getting so close!

@MsHangry: @blackbird: I haven't packed my bag either! It's on my list but hasn't been done.

I've had a crampy weekend but it became nothing. I'm out of town for work today and tomorrow so I just need her to hold on until May but then I'm ready for her anytime! I'm only 3 hours away but I'd prefer I didn't have her here I just realized my wallet is at home with my diaper bag so that's great.

18. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Add me to the list of unpacked hospital bags! I got a lot done this weekend - clothing washed/put away and bottles/pump parts all sterilized - but I am totally procrastinating the hospital bag. I took out my travel toothbrush and put it on my dresser so I don't forget. So at least I'll have clean teeth if I go into labor suddenly

I've been very emotional the last few days about how much my son's life is going to change. Trying to soak up all the snuggles and cuddles I can while he's still the "baby" - not easy with an active 2.5 year old boy!

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: yes on the emotional! I just keep thinking how much their lives will change. Watch out on the toothbrush I did the same and Jack decided he needed to 'dip' it in the toilet

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Hahaha. We just had a plumber here recently because our toilet wasn't flushing right. He fished out a nice plastic fork from my son's play kitchen. He owes us $175

21. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@macintosh: whew so close - keep us updated!!

@Mrs squirreld: How are things going?? Hopefully well!

I'm also in the camp of totally not packed for the hospital and not ready for this baby. I'm getting more emotionally ready, but for some reason I totally feel like a first time mom and like I haven't done this before! It feels so unknown, but I'm hoping it will just come back to me.

I'm also soaking up snuggles with LO, and getting emotional about that. I love her being my baby

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Also I just realized I'm due in 1 month yay! I think I bring in the tail end of the month so most of you have quite a bit less.

23. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I had my 37 week appointment today. I'm good, baby is good... Nice and boring
    I did find out I'm GBS negative and my Hb is okay but could be higher.

The midwife talked about taking evening primrose oil to ripen my cervix, but I kind of tuned her out because I have no interest in a ripened cervix this week! "Lalalala I can't hear you". Haha

24. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I totally feel like a FTM right now. I never went into labor on my own with E, so I have no idea what to expect right now! Just that it's either imminent or she's getting a medically induced eviction notice in 2.5 weeks, lol.

I did pack my bag last night, though! And E's for a stay at MIL's.

25. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MsHangry: Yes, I just started taking EPO! Now that I'm 37 weeks it's like my mind totally flipped and I'm getting ready mentally for baby! My doc told me to sit on a ball to get baby in position at my 36 week appointment and I had the same mentality "heck no"... But one week later and I'm game! So, maybe it'll change for you too

Though, I genuinely do want a big fat baby (that fits when he comes out!) that eats and sleeps well.. So if it takes me waiting until 40 weeks for that I'll be OK. (I say this because of my history with feeding issues at the beginning and LO1 losing a bit of weight too quickly).

@blackbird: haha I can totally understand how you feel that way then! I feel like I had some advance notice last time, but I know not everyone gets that. I had about a day of bad cramping after sex and a membrane strip before I went into actual labor, so if that happens again, I'll definitely be ramping up for go time!

26. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@macintosh: I am not sure if you are planning on getting an epidural or not, but that was definitely a benefit of an induction - getting the epidural pretty much as soon as I made it into active labor. This time, going on my own and going so FAST, I fully admit that I was crying like a baby while I labored and waited on an anesthesiologist and lab work so I could get my epi. It was terrible pain- it made me scream but screaming also made it worse. I had labored to a 9.5 in the 90 minutes since I had checked in at a 3.5, so no wonder it hurt. I just kept thinking - THIS is why an induction would have actually been nice!!! You're so close:) And you'll have that benefit!

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I also had drank the hell out of some Red Raspberry Leaf tea, which is supposed to make contractions more effective, and I'm not sure if anyone else is doing that but if you start to have contractions, I'd get to a hospital asap based on my experience We took an hour to round things up and get to the hospital from when I casually called the on-call doc and we agreed for me to come in to just get checked out. I wish we had gone faster because I went from "I'm not sure if this is it," at 7:45 pm to holding onto the handles on the roof of the car at 8:30pm when a contraction hit, to basically being in agony and positive I would not survive by 9pm:) We got to the hospital at 8:45p and the doc was like "Well this is quite a change since I talked to you on the phone!"

Yeah. I was holding my baby by midnight.

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Ladies, I feel like a first time mom packing this hospital bag! I stayed in the hospital gown the whole time after my c-section last time, so I'm really only packing an outfit to wear home, plus an outfit for baby to wear home. (Learned my lesson last time when we had to spend 10 mins trying to squeeze 9 lb DS into a newborn outfit, so I've got newborn and 3 months this time!) What else do I need besides toiletries and phone charger? I feel like I'm forgetting something important.

29. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Ah that's what I'm so excited, yes so nervous about! I transitioned really fast for a first baby, and I'm sure it will just go faster with a second! But, I don't want to get to the hospital too early either. We shall see!!

@SeptMomma12: haha I totally stayed in the hospital gown the entire time too! I think aside from toiletries and charger, there's not much you need! I did bring a few cute blankets and hats to take pictures of LO in, as well as a nice camera. Oh and I did not bring snacks and totally regretted it. I gave birth at midnight so the cafeteria wasn't open and I was soo hungry!

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: The only other thing than what you listed that I packed/used was my cheater swaddles. I hate those weird-sized thick hospital swaddles, and was glad I had an A&A easy swaddle that I threw in the suitcase so I didn't have to struggle with swaddling now that I'm so rusty at it from being out of the game for so long:)

31. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I took forever with my first daughter, and all I knew was this loooooong L&D situation where I had literally days to anticipate delivery itself (cervadil Sun night, Pit monday, delivered her Tues morning). This one was the most surreal experience of my life. It was really hard for me to process that they were handing me MY baby! They told me to push once and I kind of thought I was practice pushing and then they were like, "Heads out! One more good push, Mom!" And then they were handing her to me and it was all just so shocking to me! I was holding her and still kind of dazed like "What just happened???" Haha. It makes for a good story:) Except for those contractions. Holy shitballs.

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @PrincessBaby: Thanks! Snacks and swaddle are a good idea. Our hospital has a snack room in the mother/baby unit, but would be nice to have some granola bars and stuff from home!

33. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: I packed clothes for T and a zip up swaddle for him, also an A&A blanket for the car. For me, i packed an extension cord and phone charger (the outlet in my hospital is so far away from the bed!), a couple pairs of yoga pants and a nursing bra/tank and shirt, plus a thin robe cover up. I also wore fuzzy socks with the little pads on the bottom in the hospital (cold tile).....I have snacks....and lanolin. I think that's it.

34. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: I am considering going "natural" this time (aka no epidural), but I am going to be honest, I'm terrified! I don't even really know why I want to other than to prove to myself that I can... Also to experience what people call "euphoria" while delivering (though I feel like I still got that with the epidural). I don't know.. I'm a woos, I'm sure I'll get the epidural.

@blackbird: ah yes, nipple cream - good reminder! I wonder if mine is still good from 2 years ago. I had the earth mama butter, so it's probably technically expired.

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I actually pulled out my Earth Mama Nipple Butter yesterday from my son and it was expired New one is on its way from Amazon! I loved that stuff.

@blackbird: Good call on the extension cord. I remember that being a pain. Also, your sock comment made me think of flip flops.

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: another reason to add to the why go natural is the instant pain relief the minute baby is out and super easy recovery or at least that was my experience.

@SeptMomma12: do we really think it's bad? I wasn't gonna order more LOL

37. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: yes! And I added another one of not having tons of fluids and puffing up like a balloon. Some people look and feel so great after an epi, but goodness I was swollen!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yes I've heard the same!

39. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @jetsa: that's one of my main drivers if I don't get induced-I want to feel normal afterwards! Plus the epidural didn't help my sciatic pain but I'm willing to bet that NOT being flat on my back would have helped a lot. And the PP swelling from the IV was soooo uncomfortable

40. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

just wanted to add to the hospital bag convo... I've been living in their gowns. Actually I rarely wear it cause I'm so damn hot. I wear s nursing bra and the mesh panties.

I have a boppy but I discovered the Brest Friend pillow at the hospital and love it do much more!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee