Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@xmaskidjr: congratulations! It sounds very stressful and scary but I'm glad the littlest one is doing well

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@xmaskidjr: wow congrats! Glad everyone is doing well!

3. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@xmaskidjr: squee!!! Our first baby!!! Glad you both are well!!

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@xmaskidjr: OMG Congratulations! So glad you both doing well!!!!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@xmaskidjr: congrats!!

6. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@xmaskidjr: congrats!!!! hope you have a smooth recovery.

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@xmaskidjr: Congrats mama!!!! So excited we have our first May baby Glad you are all doing well and wishing you an easy recovery!

8. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@xmaskidjr: Congrats on your new LO! Sorry it was so stressful. Wishing you an easy recovery.

9. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Hey ladies, has anyone had intense breast tenderness in the 3rd tri? I woke up this AM with one very sore breast. The other breast feels totally normal. Should I be concerned?

10. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@macintosh: I had this in my right side, the next day they started leaking so I think maybe it was just my boobs preparing. The tenderness left after 2 days but my nipples are still crazy sensitive/tender.

11. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Ouch! I'm really hoping it's not some kind of infection or blochrd duct. I'm getting over (I think?) an awful virus. I also used to have my nipples pierced, so I worry that something won't flow properly. Hope it's just my milk getting ready!

12. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@macintosh: my first thought was a blocked duct too as I felt a bit off that day too, but apparently it's pretty rare to have that happen before bub arrives hope u feel better soon

13. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@xmaskidjr: congratulations! How crazy, but I'm glad everyone seems to be doing pretty well.

@macintosh: I don't think I remember having bad sensitivity before delivery, but holy wow yes after! I'm sure it's just your body getting ready.

14. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

How are everyone's checks and last few appointments going? I have my GBS (?) check on Thursday and it will be the first one that she also checks progress. I'll be 36w2d. She also said if she can't tell position she'll do an ultrasound. Is it horrible if I hope she can't tell for sure so that I get an ultrasound? We haven't had one since 18w, and I really want to see little babe.

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I have an appt thursday too. I'll just be 35+1 so I think it'll just be a normal appt though the receptionist booked it as my 36 week appt so I guess I'll have to discuss that with the midwife. I asked last time and the midwife said I'd have a normal appt this time and then next week it would be an 'undress' appt to check progress and GBS.

16. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I have 3 appts before my c section in 11 days! Lol. Tuesday, Friday, next Tuesday and then next Friday is my CS.

I already did GBS as a precaution. My next two appts I have BPPs and see the dr. Then next Tuesday I will have a growth u/s and a bpp, as well as see the dr and have bloodwork so I have a busy 11 days!

17. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Phew, I feel like your next 11 days will surely fly! That is a lot of appointments. Excited for you!

@jetsa: That makes sense. They'd probably be weekly from this week then for you, right?

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yep, thats what the midwife said. which is crazy, how are we close enough that I'll have appts every week until little miss makes her arrival!

19. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I have my GBS appointment this afternoon. I don't know if they will check progress. I can't decide if I want them to or not... Probably if they offer I will say yes, but I might not suggest it.. Is it better to know or to not know? Especially when there is very little predictive power in knowing at this point.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I feel the same way! I kindof hope we can do a quick position scan

20. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: ahh! Only eleven days!!! That is amazing

21. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Weekly appts here, too! On Fridays. Had my GBS test....i'm asking for no cervical check this Friday. My OB is doing her recertification so I have to see one of the other docs. I find the internals really irritating and DH and I have this nice dinner event for his fraternity at a local baseball stadium (complete with behind the scenes tour!) and I don't want to be cramping or bleeding while we're out, especially in a nice outfit.

22. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Thanks! it's feeling a bit better today.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: This may be the weirdest part of pregnancy for me as a FTM! I didn't imagine I'd notice milk coming in before delivery.

I was able to hand express some colostrum from lefty last night and again this morning. The soreness is better today, but there was definitely a firmness there that seemed to be relieved after hand expressing. I got these awesome Lansinoh hot/cold packs from Target that help a lot.

23. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@macintosh: glad you are feeling better

I have my GBS appt next week at 36+2. Fun times.... I can't believe how close we are getting now. I've had a few contractions tonight that have sent me in a panic thinking she is going to come early but I think I am just overtired....the insomnia is ridiculous....its midnight here and I'm wide awake after only sleeping 2 hours last night...how stupid is that! The downstairs pressure and back pain has also been intense so I think she may be attempting to engage.

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@macintosh: coming from someone who had low supply last time, I would say that's a good thing! I hope my milk comes in earlier than it did last time (about 4 days after delivery).

@Mrs squirreld: Oh I hope you are able to get more sleep! 2 hours is not enough I definitely find I get braxton hicks when I'm in a place like that (or if I haven't had enough water).

25. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I hope you get your ultrasound! The perk of being classified as high risk is that I've gotten sooo many ultrasounds.

@jetsa: I had my GBS at 35 weeks, I believe. I kept thinking the midwife was going to check my cervix each week but she waited until 37.

@BabyPenguinXO: 11 days will be here so soon! I hope bubs is growing nice and strong. Does the early delivery mean you need steroids?

@MsHangry: My midwife said she wasn't planning on checking me at 37 weeks and I practically begged her to! I know 2.5 cm doesn't mean much but I was dying to know, and at least I know my body is getting ready.

@blackbird: My appts are on Fridays, too. Your evening out sounds awesome, have fun!

I have 10 days left! One more BPP and midwife appt on Friday, then induction the following Thursday. My DH has a few appointments in the next 2 weeks and I'm hoping we make it to all of those. I'm training 2 caregivers tonight so they can help DH with his bathroom routine when I'm in the hospital. Our 3 year anniversary is on the 28th, so we had a nice brunch yesterday to celebrate early, just in case

26. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I hope you're right! I'm starting to worry about righty, though. Nothing is going on over there yet and I'm looking a little lopsided.

27. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

I moved to weekly appointments last week! They swabbed for GBS but I won't get the results until Wednesday next week. The appointment went really poorly? I've had perfect blood pressure this whole time, somewhere around 115/70, and it was 150/90+ on Thursday. They let me go home after letting me relax and retesting me didn't help, but I had to go back on Friday. I got it down to just low enough for them to let me go home, but if it spikes again this baby will be here before May! And now that I'm all anxious about this, my BP will just not stay down. The doctor said she was head down and ready to go at the appointment, though, so at least she's prepared.

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: whoa! That seems a bit like a quick assumption, unless you had protein in your urine? Did you do a 24 hour urine catch? My BP jumped at 35 weeks last time and I had trouble keeping it below 150/90 and first they tried blood pressure meds and then just twice weekly NST's and fluid checks and we finally induced at 39 weeks. I never had protein in my urine so it wasn't considered pre-e though.
    Also of course your BP won't stay down, it's completely normal for this to freak you out. Last time I had an appt at 4 and had to drop urine off at the hospital prior so I arrived at 3:30 (they are literally across the street from each other) and so I was pissed that I didn't get to the dr office until 4:30 and they realized that and let me go home without an issue even though my BP was through the roof.

29. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@MsHangry: the cervix checks can kind of get your hopes up for nothing! You can walk around 2cm and 100% effaced for weeks, so I personally would probably skip them if I were in that position. It would be curious to know, but since it can mean nothing, it would drive me up a wall I think! Lol!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @MsHangry: some have even less then me!! I think the next induction is 4/27 I think it's, @PrincessBaby: that is induced that day! But having the countdown is surreal. And knowing I'll see my fiancé in 10 days! Eek.

@macintosh: no steroids this time! I had them with my son for my 34+1 week induction but this will be 35+6. And they don't find them effective after 34 weeks. I had a talk with another birth mom from my November 13 group and I'm really praying for no issues. She said 36 weekers are usually considered term and it's very likely all will be well. She's a NICU nurse

30. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@xmaskidjr: whoa!! First May baby already! Congrats!

31. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh that's good news! I hope no NICU time is needed.

Sorry to keep obsessing over my breast issue, but I just took a shower and noticed an area of redness right over where the lump is. It still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday. Should I be worried about mastitis? Should I call my OB for advice? If something is wrong I'd be willing to bet it's due to my brilliant decision to pierce my nipples at 19

32. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@macintosh: Hmm.. I would call if I were you. Just better to be safe than sorry. It could be a fluke, but if it is a clogged duct, or worse, mastitis, you will want to know ASAP so you can do something about it. While I have no idea if it would have anything to do with the previous piercings, I feel like it wouldn't!

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: doesn't hurt to call but from my understanding mastitis comes on like the flu. Within a few hours you'll be achey and miserable with a fever. But since it's been a few days of soreness, I would call at least!

34. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy, @BabyPenguinXO: Thanks for your input! I'm going to take a shortcut and email them through their portal since I'm kind of busy today. The hard part about figuring out if it's mastitis is that I'm STILL super sick with this bad cold so I already feel pretty crappy. Now DH has caught my cold

35. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: I guess it's because my bp had been so low before? I've also gained weight very rapidly the past few weeks after a steady, low rate of gain. I'm ten pounds up in only a few weeks. My other tests came back normal, but they gave me the whole spiel about what symptoms meant checking straight into l&d and what I could probably call about. The doctor who examined me the second time I went in is also pretty new and seemed more intense than my regular set.

@Macintosh I hope you feel better soon, it's an extra miserable time to be sick right now.

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: weird. Well trust your instincts and I hope your birth goes well, be it now or in a few weeks I only know so much about it because I went through it last time.

37. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I went ahead and got checked! Haha

Fingertip dilated and 70% effaced. I think it is perfect!
    Midwife thinks baby is around 6lbs and he'll be a good size but not huge. Which sounded great to me!

38. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@MsHangry: heheh! I think effacement is good because that's your cervix thinning so baby can rest there head and dilate you more! I THINK that's how that works

39. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: I know you told me not to, but I couldn't resist!!

40. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@MsHangry: hahaha I get it lol I probably would want to know too I'm just speaking hypothetically

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee