Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: I don't know! I hadn't thought about that but my son is only 17 months I don't think he will really understand a gift

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Aww that is so sweet that he wants her so bad!!! I am getting H a gift from the baby...She is getting into girly stuff like purses and wanting her nails painted and so I got her an American Girl Bitty Baby so she can have a baby too to do stuff with. I can already tell from working in the nursery and her being in there with me that I need to have stuff for her to do. She is going to be in there while I'm nursing or doing stuff with the baby, so I'm keeping a toy bin in there with things for her to play with (this was helpful while I was sorting clothes forever!), and I'm going to have her Bitty Baby stuff in there too so she can maybe take care of her baby at the same time. We are going to wrap it and tell her it's from the baby at the hospital but I don't know if she'll really understand or care:)

3. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm not planning on it.

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I wanted to get him a doll to take care of too but stupid DH vetoed that. He's really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates right now so I may get him Jake's pirate ship and the little figures. That will keep him busy! Our pediatrician also suggested keeping some small gifts in a closet for when people come to meet the baby, so he doesn't feel left out. And she said always let him open the baby's gifts so he feels a part of everything. I'm ordering a few small Duplo sets to have on hand.

Also, I forget exactly how old H is but I think they're close in age. We let DS pick out a gift for baby at Buy Buy Baby - a little puppy lovey - and he's so excited to bring it to the hospital for her. Hoping little things like that will help. 2.5 is a tough age!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I think we just covered this but what can I do for sinus relief? I thought it was just seasonal allergies but yeah its way worse than that. I'm using the netipot but I have all this pressure behind my eyes as well.

6. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@jetsa: I'm using Flonase and feel 100X better than I did a few weeks ago!!! I also take Claritin. The tree pollen is RIDICULOUS here. Do you have a humidifier in your room? I just cleaned mine out (lots of calcium deposits) and will start using it again soon.

I'm not getting E a gift. She JUST had a birthday, anyways.

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: It took antibiotics to clear it up for me this time, but I often find that boiling a pot of water and then standing over it with a towel covering my head and breathing in the steam works wonders. Sounds (and looks) silly but it really helps. Like shower steam on steroids. My sister had sinus surgery as a kid and that was the doctor's suggestion. Feel better!

8. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Been a stressful two days! Baby failed her BPP Monday which led to an NST. It took a while but she perked up. Yesterday also called for a trip to L&D for an NST because of decreased movement. Again, all well. She's either in a tired phase or growing or losing room! I'm only 33+4 so seems she should have some room still, but ugh.

With cholestasis, and as severe as mine, it's frightening. I can't even reassure myself on data about cholestasis because I'm such a unique case. It sure gave me some anxiety last night.

My throat is sore this morning also. Ugh! My c section is in 16 days I really don't want to have a cold!!! :(((

9. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: Ugh so stressful!!! Especially in your situation! I can't believe you'll have the baby so soon, though! I know the circumstances of having to deliver really suck, but i also know it'll be a huge relief to be past pregnancy with your condition

10. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: so very true! Thankfully, today has been a very active day for baby and that's easing my mind a bit! It's just a hard balance. I was able to choose between a 34-36 week delivery. And it actually boils down to a 10 day difference from my son who was 34+3 and this baby will be 35+6. She has greater chances of no NICU and no feeding issues. But my case is so unique I might be risking a lot to get 10 extra days!

The doctors don't have a direct answer because I'm a unique case. Just ugh ugh ugh. For now, still going with the 35+6 delivery!

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh no, that's a really rough few days:( Glad to hear everything is okay. And 16 days is so soon!!

12. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: that's so hard. But if things get weird in that 10 day window, you can always go earlier!

13. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: I'm sorry about your allergies. I'm just getting over a bad virus. With my allergies plus asthma it took steroids to help my breathing. I would take whatever allergy meds your doc approves, maybe even a nasal spray. I've had some relief from steamy showers and icing my face.

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh no, I'm sorry about your scare! I get BPPs also, and it's a big relief when he passes. I'm so glad they caught that and she perked up. I hope you don't get a cold, try to take it easy!

14. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

I'm getting so excited for our first May (or April) babies! I hope everyone is feeling ok. I finally made some padsicles last night. 15 days til my induction.

15. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@macintosh: Yay! I wish I was that close to baby time!

I'm excited to see who goes first. I'm trying to keep track of all the posts so I know who is definitely going when, but I think it's going to be close.

In other news, I got my breast pump today, and it was 100% covered. So thrilled!

16. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: @blackbird: @SeptMomma12: thanks ladies I guess I was being optimistic. I'm now throwing up, I'm hoping I don't end up in the hospital but that's where I see this going.

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Oh no:( Feel better! Is your son sick too?

18. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: Oh no, I'm sorry! Is it a migraine?

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: he came home from daycare with a 101 temp yesterday but has seemed fine today.

@macintosh: no idea I've never had one. I texted my old midwife and she said to head in if I couldn't keep down liquids. I've thrown up once but I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

20. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: Fingers crossed for you! Is it just behind your eyes or can you feel it in your ear/jaw/top of your head as well?

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: eyes and nose sometimes down into my teeth.

22. blackbird

@jetsa: oh man that sounds awful!!! Hopefully it's just the drainage making you throw up (it was triggering my gag reflex) and not something more serious

23. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: I can't believe it! it feels like it just became 2015!

@blackbird: Yes that's a good point the nurses are so sweet at the hospital though and say my body knows better then a machine so if i feel like something is wrong please dont hesitate to come in. So that's reassuring!!

@jetsa: that sounds rough I really hope you feel better soon!!!

24. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

TMI alert.

Has anyone noticed if pregnancy makes you produce more mucous? I swear between colds I'm still so full of it and even coughing it up. It seems so much thicker and worse too that I gag sometimes! or blowing my nose it just keeps coming! I don't get allergies and its been like this all winter. I never had it with my son but I didn't have any colds with him! ugh sorry ladies.

25. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: yes. Ahem, everywhere. Gross

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Teeth sounds like it could be a sinus infection maybe?

@BabyPenguinXO: Yes! After 3 weeks of being sick and a week of antibiotics, I'm still coughing up a ridiculous amount of crap. So gross.

27. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

Stopped in briefly to try & catch up a little... Some of you are SO close!!! That is freaking me out! I still have 6wks & am going to need every last day, I fear! Because of that baby girl will probably be early, but still certainly not until long after most of you are cuddling your new babies!

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: that's what I thought until it just completely knocked me an my bottom today. I'm taking amoxicillin already bc my DH and I have a weekend away planned starting Friday =\ I think maybe I'm turning a corner, I'm def still sick but Im keeping food and juice down finally

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Fingers crossed for you! Need to be healthy for your weekend away

30. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

I'm having another paranoid FTM moment. I'm having a ton of gas pain (prob from constipation). This couldn't actually be contractions, right? It doesn't really come and go, it's more like a constant discomfort and tightness. Ugh!

31. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: sounds like my gas pains! I just feel super bloated and tight and uncomfortable. I try and do some squating or go sit on the toilet and lean forward or whatever. That sounds ridiculous but I feel SO much better once it's out!

32. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Hello Ladies... sorry I have been so MIA!

@SeptMomma12: We plan on getting DS a little boy rag doll & some Schleich animals from DD just to keep him busy with something new. Speaking of which I better hurry up and order them!
    @jetsa: I'm sorry you are sick. Have you tried a sinus rinse.. so disgusting but super effective of getting rid of that sinus pain and congestion.
    @BabyPenguinXO: 16 days! Wow. Thinking of you and hope everything goes well.
    @macintosh: 15 days!!! Can't believe how soon our May babies will be here!! I freaking loved padsicles last time...must put that on my to do list.

I am reaching that super uncomfortable stage..sleep is terrible. My husband has been sick for weeks seemed to be gastro at first and we just found out he has been having gallbladder attacks...he has lost 10kg in 2 weeks!!! looking at some further treatment options and some diet changes... but I know how hard this will be for him... he looooves his food
    We still haven't moved house.... apparently we are at the top of the queue now... so it could be anyday or weeks... super super frustrating. DS (19months) has just hit tantrams... goodness me... I hope he learns how we react quick smart as I am a little scared of how all this change is going to go down...new baby.. new house... eeeek.

33. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: lol, at least I'm not the only one. I feel a bit better after taking some Metamucil I'm still on zofran, but apparently the daily colace isn't doing it's job. Fun times!

34. blackbird

@macintosh: I have had the worst gas and indigestion this week! I've been on miralax this whole pregnancy but I think nothing can help if your intestines are smashed. Grumble. It's worse when I just sit all day at work

35. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I have, thank you!

I'm better-ish today still clogged but it's just sinus instead of sinus plus everything else

36. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I am glad you are doing a little better today

I have been MIA bc I'm so wiped out this week. I wish I was on leave NOW. I slept 10 hours last night and still feel exhausted. Had my checkup and 2nd membrane sweep today. I'm 2-3 cm (she said 2 fingers w/wiggle room) but still 60% effaced. I googled it, bc why would I not, and it's almost depressing how the overwhelming majority of women this means nothing and they walk around at a 2-3 for weeks. And I made the mistake of telling my mom and sister and they're so excited, they're practically packing bags to get here early, so I foresee lots of harassment about if I'm feeling any labor pains yet and having to constantly answer no. Good times!

But worst case, it's a little less work for my body to do at induction. I was inactive labor when I was 3cm with H- that's actually when I got my epidural bc the anesthesiologist was right there and my pitocin contractions were starting to get uncomfortable.

Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is feeling rested:)

37. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: thank you! At the very least, you are progressing! My daycare lady asked me all the personal questions bc she was sure that throwing up yeaterday would kickstart labor lol (I'm only 34 weeks so I hope she stays in a bit longer!)

38. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@jetsa: glad to hear you are starting to get better, hope the trend continues!
    @PrincessBaby: your leave starts soon, right? Progress is better than none, even if it doesn't mean labor is imminent.

Weird to think this is my last week without an appointment until after the baby comes! I'm off to do a little shopping since I had my last baby shower last weekend

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: Yes! Tomorrow is my last day if work- thank goodness!!! Have fun shopping:)

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Happy last day of work!

@jetsa: Hope you're continuing to feel better and have a good weekend away!

We have a busy weekend of nesting planned. Hoping to get everything washed and set up/put away! I have to go into work for a lunch on Monday, but I'm officially working from home as of today

Also, I ordered my breast pump through insurance on Wednesday and just got an email it will be delivered today! If anyone has the option to use Edgepark for their pump, it was SO easy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee