Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@MsHangry: awww that was me when I was super sick this winter. Claritin and Flonase seem to be curbing my allergies....i was having the damndest time breathing through my nose for weeks and last night, I didn't need to mouth breathe!

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: Oh man can I relate. It's only 10:15am and I'm on my third pantyliner of the day. Coughing and pregnancy do not go together. Not to mention the round ligament pain every time I cough...

3. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Hey ladies! I'm trying to figure out if I'm going crazy, or if this baby is trying to come out early. On Saturday morning he had visibly dropped. Each day since then, I've felt like he's dropped further down and I have lots if downward pelvic pressure.

Yesterday morning I noticed that he turned, he went from having his butt on my right side to kicking with his feet on my right side. Tonight I walked around Target feeling like he was going to fall out! Currently I'm having pains that shout down my pelvis toy cervix. The pressure is very intense and I'm just sitting on the couch. Nothing feels like contractions yet, though. No mucus plug or blood.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. I'm thinking of calling the doc tomorrow, but I'm hoping he's not really coming this early.

Also, if anyone is shopping for postpartum supplies or making padcicles, Target has Kotex on sale, buy 2 get 1 for $1

4. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: yikes! I hope he stays baking some more!!! I think no contractions is a good sign!! But I was having contractions I couldn't feel. When do you go to the doctor next?

5. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Eeek, that's what I'm afraid of! How did you find out about the contractions? I have an appt with the midwife and a biophysical ultrasound on Friday. I hope I make it to the breast feeding class I signed up for on Saturday.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: I'm having similar feelings and it's top on my list to ask the doctor on Friday. (I'm only 34 weeks though.) She has clearly dropped and walking is downright painful these days. I think it's just a matter of them being head down and in position and basically bumping the nerves in your cervix when you move. "Crotch lightning" is the non-scientific term

7. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@SeptMomma12: yeah, I hear you on the crotch lightning. I've been getting that on and off but today it was much stronger and it was when I was sitting. Now that I think about, I felt LO moving around at the same time, so he was probably headhunting me. Thanks, kid!

8. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: I actually had taken a spill at 33 weeks and went to be monitored for decreased movement. I take that back, my belly felt hard and firm but not on and off tight, and I would get a side ache from walking even just shortly like 5 minutes. So they had me walk for 10 minutes around the floor and when the slapped on the monitors I was contracting. But a cervical ultrasound check ruled out any progression, thankfully.

9. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: @macintosh: @SeptMomma12: I want to say that all those sensations are pretty normal. I've been having them, zero dilation, and remember having it with E, too. it's just that uncomfortable heavy baby sitting low. Sometimes when I go to the bathroom, the pain is really intense and i just have to stand up and try again in a bit. I also get them when I lay down in bed at night and move around.

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Thanks! I was on bed rest from 28-37 weeks with DS, so this is all new to me. I remember being uncomfortable but I wasn't really walking anywhere (and definitely wasn't chasing a 2.5 yr old!) so it was very different.

Day 3 of antibiotics and I am finally starting to be able to breathe! Now if I could just kick the stupid cough I will feel more human again.

11. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: so glad you are finally starting to feel a little better!

12. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: I had that last time for weeks, it hasn't started yet this time. I hope it chills out so you can enjoy the end of pregnancy

13. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

EEEEKKK 21 days from tomorrow I'm having a baby!!!

I know some mamas are turning 37 weeks this weekend! I hope some babies come soon!

Are we supposed to wait for the first baby to make s labor watch and announcement board!? I'm dying! LOL!

Group B strep test as precaution next Thursday! This 2x weekly appointments sure made the week fly!!

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: oh my goodness, I can't believe how close some of you ladies are getting!!
    I don't think there are any "rules" but selfishly I want to stay in denial about how far away May really is... I'm a first time mom and am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that a little human is going to be here so soon...

15. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Morning! I'm a 37 weeker! I actually had a tiny bit of random brown spotting a couple of days ago that earned me some NST monitoring. All was good though...I was still at a measly 1cm and had only went from 50-60% effaced in a week. So that was a bummer. Get to work, cervix!
    I have a weekly appt today too that they wanted me to keep as an extra checkup even though I only had that or incidence of spotting...

@SeptMomma12: Glad you are on the mend!!! Did your Jane tees come in? I was slightly disappointed with the length, I wish they were a couple of inches longer.

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend! My husband gets home tonight, it's pretty crazy to think that we'll have a baby this time that he's home. 2 weeks from Monday morning! Next week is my last week of work and I'm actually only working a half day today and getting my hair done and a massage this afternoon while my sweet H is at school. Her sleep has been doing a lot better, so we are both a lot happier:). I took her for breakfast this morning before school and am trying to work in just a few last Mommy & Me fun things:)

16. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: yay hubby returns!! Get some labor dancing action going on LOL! Get they baby out early.

My c section is 3 weeks from today and fiancé will be home in 20 days!!! I can't stand it!

17. blackbird

I keep thinking I have a "month-ish" left-I'm at 36w tomorrow; it's weird to think it could be less. I'm planning to hit 39 weeks-then my schedule is 100% open

18. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: 37 weeks! That's getting so real! Glad to hear H is sleeping better. Amazing what a difference that makes, right? I know it's totally an old wives tale but I ate half a pineapple a few hours before my water broke with DS. I was 39 weeks so he was obviously ready but I swear the pineapple helped

@MsHangry: I'm also in denial. Only 34 weeks but we still have a lot to do! Plus I'm secretly hoping my son somehow breaks out of these "terrible 2.5s" before his sister comes. Talk about denial

19. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: It's so crazy- we are so close!!!!
    @SeptMomma12: That's so funny- I have actually been eating tons of pineapple, core and all...I have kind of given up on some OWT stuff, like the stupid EPO up the vag (that is the grossest, messiest thing ever. As much as I want to go into labor I can't fight with that mess!), but pineapple is delicious so I figure why not:). Out of curiosity, do you remember how much you were dilated/effaced with your son before labor happened?

I am really excited bc at my appt today I got my first membrane sweep!!!! I know it probably won't do anything bc I am still only 1cm, but it makes me feel like we're getting there or I'm doing something. It wasn't bad at all, in case anyone is wondering about if that's painful.

20. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

Every time I see this page is active I'm hoping to see someone went into labor and had a healthy baby. I am really hoping to make it to May 1st at least, because my work is improving everyone's insurance then, but after that I don't think I can be patient anymore. I'm definitely actively avoiding all the stuff people use to go into labor until then (except probably BD).

21. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: It's hard to know because I was due for an appt the day I went into labor, but the week before I was only 1cm. When I got to the hospital (my water had broken), I was 3cm, but then I got to 10cm really fast after that. My doctors never mentioned effacement. Oh and I forgot to reply before but the Jane shirts came, but I haven't opened them yet! I am terrible about letting packages pile up without opening them.

@macintosh: I asked the doctor this morning about the pressure/pain and she said it's just the baby's head way down low sitting on the cervix. She told me I could buy some kinda of harness to lift my belly up a little, but that sounds complicated and more than I need with only a few weeks left!

22. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@kick641: hahaha me too!!! I can't wait for our labor announcement board!!!

23. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: feeling about the same, but getting used to it I guess.

@blackbird: That's good to hear. Everyone else is telling me the same thing. I'm a little crampy and I told the midwife today and she said it all sounds "good", lol. She didn't even want to check me yet.

@BabyPenguinXO: Ahhhh! So exciting, I know! My induction is in 20 days

@SeptMomma12: Yeah, I considered a new support belt, but my biggest problem is when I'm laying down. Not worth it for just a few weeks.

Had my checkup today and it turns out baby is sunny side up. I really hope he turns in the next couple weeks! My group B strep test was negative. I have a mild bronchitis brewing, so they gave me a Zpack. DH and I have a newborn care and breastfeeding class tomorrow.

24. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

We are such a quiet group on the weekends. I hope that means we are all busy getting stuff done before babies arrive!

I went out to test drive strollers and went in heavily leaning towards Uppababy Vista. Well, it was awesome, so I bought it! Although by the end of the trip my back was telling me I shouldn't have done so many practice lifts with it...

Everyone in the US get their taxes done? Ours are filed but I need to drop the state payment in the mail by the 15th.

25. blackbird

@MsHangry: I'm making lunch and been setting up for E's bday party this weekend! We JUST finished out taxes Friday! Slackers. And we love our UPV

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: Yes, taxes are done! Federal refund already came in and helped pay for some of the work we've had done in the house to get ready for baby We live in NJ but DH and I both work in NY, so our NY refund and what we owe NJ pretty much break even, so I can't really count those for anything.

We had friends in town this weekend so we've been crazy. They left this morning and we've been hard at work in the nursery since. Having our family maternity photos taken today at 4:45...cross your fingers DS cooperates for at least a few photos!

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: We also love our UBV! The only mistake I made was getting the Mica/Silver color. I should have gotten black! I saw there are inserts/covers for them now to protect all the gross stuff that a kid in a stroller can do to them, and we're def getting one for LO2. And I'm pretty sure we're going to get the kick board thing for DD1 to ride on. I don't think she'll go for the cramped Rumble Seat, no more than what she'll use it.

@SeptMomma12: Awwww! I am sure you'll get some great shots, but good luck anyway:)

I had a full-out ugly cry yesterday bc I was so exhausted (had to go to baby shower and then grocery and butcher, it just drained me). I had said I wasn't going to get my hopes up that the membrane sweep would do anything, but I secretly did get my hopes up, naturally. I read that if anything was going to happen it would do so within 24-48 hours. As of last night, I had nothing at all going on, so I cried to DH about how tired I am of being pregnant.

Then today I started having some gross bits and spotting - sorry tmi - but I didn't know what it was bc it didn't look like just spotting. Late morning, I lost some bits of what I presume to be plug. And this afternoon I did lose a big piece of plug. But I'm not sure if that's just pieces of it and it's no big deal, or if that's the real thing and there's no plug left. I don't have any cramping or contractions, I just sort of feel like an AF-about-to-happen feeling. But definitely nothing more than that.

So it's been eventful enough to keep me from crying today and give me a tiny bit of hope that something will happen in the next few days. But it's probably just the result of the membrane sweep and nothing will happen. But maybe the next one on Thurs will do it!

It shocked me enough that I sort of rounded up hospital stuff.

28. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: aww I'm sorry mama! From what I have read losing your plug can be meaningless but some do go into labor shortly after. But for some it's weeks! I do hope you go sooner then your induction so hubby can be there longer!

29. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Yeah I know it can be meaningless - I actually lost mine before my induction with my daughter and still went the 2 more days and had to be induced. But it gives me some hope and something kind of fun to focus on!

30. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: @PrincessBaby: I read on other threads how much you liked UBV for your firsts! I am glad we were able to get one

@SeptMomma12: wow! Busy day!! I'm sure the pictures will be wonderful.

@PrincessBaby: something is better than nothing. Hopefully this next Thursday will help do it.

31. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: it always makes me curious cause I had my son at 34 and never had any of those bloody show, mucous plug things to worry about LOL. I never googled it or anything. This time I'll get to 36 but I still haven't bothered to look into it cause I just don't expect anything to happen. So hopefully I don't get freaked out one potty break! Lol.

I will say, on a TMI note, I have internal hemorrhoids and have had several scares from blood loss and panicked before I always confirm its not coming from my lady parts! Soemtimes it's when just when I have went pee! And that's terrifying.

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: At least something is happening! I lost my plug at 36 weeks with DS, but went another 3.5 weeks and then lost it again during labor. Apparently it regenerated! But fingers crossed yours is much more imminent than that!!! Can't wait to "meet" our first May baby

33. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: I have those, too, and had a serious scare a couple months ago!!! Miralax and suppositories are my bathroom BFFs

34. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: ugh this has been happening my entire pregnancy I had them pre pregnancy and was about fed up and going to be checked out. I've been taking Colace and that helps so they don't get irritated, but like I said I'm still having major random blood loss episodes and the ones that are not during a bowel movement are ridiculous. I mean... Literally bright red toilet water. Sorry!!! But I don't think anyone can relate unless it's happened. You don't expect it and you turn around and the first time I almost fainted. It still catches me off guard a bit now. But not nearly as bad!

In other news, lol

I can feel this baby digging her head or hand into my bladder and simultaneously shovering her butt in my left rib. The pressure is so weird! My son never got up high like that! But she gets up there and makes me short of breath!!!

35. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: Yeah, i've been seeing a GI doc for years, and she wont' treat them unless they cause me irritation or pain. And i honestly had NO idea i had them until i had a colonoscopy and they're really only bothersome if i'm really constipated....so I just stay on meds as much as I can to keep things moving. Tea, coffee, fiber, even dulcolax etc, all does nothing for me except make me gassy/bloated and feel AWFUL. I do still have a bottle of Colace from when I had E, though! i'll for sure be taking it to the hospital with me Ah, pregnancy. So glamorous.

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: I'm not sure if I got them with my son or before. It happened during pregnancy with my son a few times but I never had constipation bad with him like I do this time. And I never pushed, so that's weird. My MFM said that it sounds like the kind you need to operate on, ugh.

37. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh i definitely had mine before E, but yours do sound bad

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Add me to the hemorrhoid crew! Good times!

How is everyone feeling? Anyone getting a cervical check this week?

I'm still hanging out...just waiting for my next appt on thurs and membrane sweep #2. I lost a lot of plug so am really hoping I'll have some favorable cervix changes that will lead to a successful sweep:)

This is my last week of work too so I'm excited to wrap it up on Friday and peace out.

My appt next week is on Tues, and that's my last one before my induction. And my last-ditch effort for a membrane sweep! Either way, now that we're under 2 weeks away and I won't have to work anymore after Friday, I'm getting a lot more calm about probably going all the way to induction. It is starting to seem less terrible with each passing day/each day getting closer:)

39. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: no cervix checks here! I'm sorry you joined the hemorrhoids crew!

Hope your sweep goes well! I have the GBS test Thursday. 4 appointments until baby! Thursday, Tuesday, Friday, Tuesday, Friday-baby! I'm 2x a week. Had to have a long NST yesterday thanks to baby failing BPP. Now today she's being very very quiet and inactive and it's really stressing me out. Ugh! It's just not like her. And cholestasis is scary. I'm 33+3 today so I feel like I haven't quiet hit that stage where she's soooo cramped. At this point she could still flip breech. I also have an anterior placenta. Please start moving more baby girl!

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: SO close either way!

Feeling pretty good here. This is my last week commuting into NYC and then I'll be working from home until baby. Definitely looking forward to that! I'm definitely very sore by the end of the day.

One of my son's friends at day care became a big sister over the weekend and he is so excited. As soon as I picked him up yesterday he wanted to know "Is my baby at home too, Mommy?" Then cried "I want my baby NOW!" when I told him he had to wait a few more weeks. Now if only we could bottle up half that excitement for when she's actually here and stealing the spotlight!

Second time moms, are you getting your older one a present from the baby? I want to have something at the hospital for him, but at 2.5 I'm not sure he's going to appreciate anything meaningful and would probably just prefer some cars/trains!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee