Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: my dr allowed regular DayQuil and OMG did it help! You need to rest and get better asap!

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @blackbird: Thanks ladies. I'm hoping my doctor agrees! I'm usually pretty good when I'm sick, but I will fully admit I'm being a baby this time. Just not what I need right now!

In more exciting news, painting is done, overhead light is wired and hung, and the baby's furniture is being delivered today. Making progress!

3. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

I can't wait to start our delivery board!!!!

4. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I'm having one at almost 36 weeks as well! I was wishy/washy on it but everyone is so excited about little miss I couldn't tell them no.

As for me everything is normal, because we're crazy we're looking at 2 houses this week. I'm stuck between hoping we find something and thinking how crazy the next 8 weeks will be if we do. Then again my DH and I normally do everything all at once so maybe we'll be used to it. When we got married: we bought a house, he graduated from grad school and turned 30, and we got married all in the same week.

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: hope you're feeling better today! I can't wait to see your finished nursery!!

@jetsa: that would be bananas to move before you deliver but at least it would make these last few weeks fly by!!!

I've had quite a few of my nurses tell me that I look like I've dropped. I don't know how to tell if she's dropped or just bigger so hanging toward the bottom...I definitely haven't had my diaphragm strangled lately.

Does this look dropped? Excuse all my blue veins/translucent skin:)

6. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh also I think I'm getting my membranes stripped/swept at my spot today and I start going weekly for appts and will get them stripped each time. It didn't do anything for me w/DD1 so we'll see:)

7. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: I can never tell if people have dropped! Everyone told me up until the day I went into labor that I did NOT drop yet, but alas, I still went into labor that day. You don't look high if that means anything! Hopefully the stripping membranes will kick things into gear at one of your appointments. It did for me!

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Thanks. Feeling a little better but still not great:( I've actually had a few people tell me in the last day that I look like I dropped also. To be honest, I'm not really even sure what that looks like, so I can't give much input on the picture - doesn't look all that low to me but also doesn't look high at all. You look great! I swear my belly is twice that size. I have so much more movement/pressure at the bottom today, so I'm wondering if she might have switched positions or something. Hoping she didn't drop because I'm NOT ready for baby yet - only 32 weeks 5 days. Good luck with your sweep!

9. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: I can't tell what people mean by "dropped" just by looking... Congrats on getting to your weekly appointments and sweeping! I know you've been looking forward to this point.

10. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @MsHangry: @SeptMomma12: Thanks, you guys! It's probably just wishful thinking:)

She didn't really do a sweep today, she said she did a mini one:). I'm 35w4d so it sounded like she was just maybe trying to make me feel better without doing much.

Good news is I'm 1cm dilated, 50% effaced.

And the best part is I got an ultrasound to check on things like fluid, so I got to see her for the first time in almost 16 weeks ! She's measuring 5lbs11oz. But is packed in there so tight it was hard to see anything. She had 2 hands and a foot in front of her face:)

I needed the boost of seeing her:). Still been in such a funk about DH leaving when she's 3 days old. And my bracelet- I know it seems silly, but I can't get over that.

Since I'm dilating , I won't have to go in the night before for Cervidil. Just get there in the morning on the 27th and crank the Pitocin.

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Great news all around! Wasn't it so nice to see her after so long? I felt the same way last week

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yes! I couldn't make out much- she is really shoved in there! But she's still a girl, thank goodness, and yes- just knowing that so many things looked good, like they showed me her "practice breathing" and my fluid was like a 10 something...All just very reassuring! So glad you got reassured as well:).

13. blackbird

whyyyyyyyy do people think it's appropriate to comment on a pregnant woman's body?!?! I was getting a snack and somebody I don't even know came up to me and told me she thinks I will have a big baby argghhhh fuck off. anyone else getting a lot of comments at the end? I will be so happy to disappear to work from home in about 3.5 weeks.

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: grrrr.... I'm sorry you keep encountering rude people... Let the 3.5week countdown begin!

15. blackbird

@MsHangry: I really do! And it's only really at work!

16. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: ugh, yes people can be the worst! I'm not as close to the end as you, so I feel like people haven't really started the comments...yet. But, last pregnancy it was full blown. I stopped wearing any outfits that you could see my ankles in, because people would deliberately stare at them then wince at me. And, I didn't even think they looked/felt bigger than normal!

Sometimes people just need to learn to keep their mouth and looks to themselves. You look great and you'll have a healthy baby - all that matters!

17. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@blackbird: lol, THIS! DH doesn't get why this bothers me SO MUCH, but come on people, stop being pregnancy commentators. I hear I'm too small, too big, looking great, looking tired, blah blah blah. I didn't ask any one of those people what they thought.

I've been following here, just not a lot to say lately... Hanging in there at 32w & mostly still feeling great, but turned the corner on comfort last week, for sure. Belly is feeling big & tight & I often feel B/H while walking to/from the bus. I nearly always have swollen ankles these days (got a grade 2+ from the nurse yesterday--was afraid to know the scale ), despite my new collection of stylish compression socks. Things are starting to ache. I'm also starting to feel panicked that I'm no where near ready for baby girl to arrive, so I really need to step it up on finishing the nursery, reading, making decisions, preparations, etc, but am swamped all the time. I have 2 showers coming up mid Apr, but am nervous to wait that long to get whatever is left to get after that. I wanted to be all set 4wks out, but I don't think I'll make that deadline I'd set for myself.

Hope you're all doing well.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

The only thing that could shock me more than what I'm about to post is if I went into labor:

My neighbor found my bracelet in her yard. I am so shocked I can't see straight! H & I went there last Thurs to look at something she had done to her house bc we are going to do the same thing. I had sent her an email that I was going to check her yard for my bracelet even though I really felt like I had lost it before that. So they had been on the lookout and when her husband was edging their driveway, he saw it in the space between the concrete and the grass.

The clasp is bent, no idea how that happened without me noticing but I am so thrilled to pieces to have it back! I lost it a week ago today and was just coming to terms with never seeing it again. Ironically, I had planned to buy a new one on Saturday and told my husband I never wanted to speak of it again, I just wanted to move on, stop mourning it. I am SO THRILLED!!!!!!

19. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: holy crap that's awesome!!!! Can you get your jeweler to reinforce it so it NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!??!

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: That's amazing!!! You need to play lotto or something tonight

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: yay that's great!!

22. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh my gosh, how wonderful!!

23. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Yesterday a dear woman at work (who hasn't seen me for a few weeks) said, "oh my gosh you are looking so healthy! That is going to be a healthy baby, I know it"
    I thought that was probably the best way a person can comment on the changes obviously happening to my body.

24. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: I'm bringing it to them tomorrow

@SeptMomma12: I know! I still can't believe it - my mom said "You are the luckiest person in the world!"

25. blackbird

@MsHangry: that is a GOOD peanut gallery comment if you're going to get comments, anyways!

26. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

some lady asked me if i was having twins. she didnt even ask when i was due. i could be 42 weeks pregnant for all she knows!!!!

i said no. the baby just likes cake. didn't smile. and just walked away!

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Just a PSA if anyone is ordering Belly Bandits for PP.... they are at Bed bath beyond online so you can use a 20% off coupon on them if you are on their email list...I loved the bamboo one last time and it worked amazing!

36 weeks! Knocking final stuff out! Bit the bullet and upgraded to a Freestyle with my insurance so I finally settled that!

Are you guys doing monthly stickers or the blocks? I did stickers w/H but now I think the blocks are so cute! I need to get them ordered since they take a week or so to make...

28. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I think these are cute but there are so many to pick from on etsy

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I'm seriously regretting getting the TDAP yesterday. I had a bad reaction after my son but damn I can't move my arm without pain. We are currently traveling for easter and my son is losing it, traveling with an 18 month old is just not fun

30. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: I have one of these back braces I'm going to use in the interim before my Bellefit fits! $20 or so at Walgreens, but I've had it for years already!

I like the blocks!

31. blackbird

@jetsa: Mine was VERY sore after I had my TDAP! She told me it was the tetanus in it. In fact, she injected a nerve the first time around, so she had to go in a second time. Movement will help!

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: yea once we get there I'll be cooking and chasing J so it won't be an issue.

33. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: good tip on the bbb coupon! Thanks!

I hadn't even thought about how I would do monthly pictures...those blocks are very cute. Might even be worth it for the "ugh... Mooooom" face when I make him pose with 14 Birthday in front of his friends.

34. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: I checked the extensive list of coupon exclusions and Belly Bandit is not listed:) free s/h over $50 too

35. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I'm sorry you are not feeling too hot with all of that going on!

36. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Another PSA is that Gap has 40% off right now in stores and online. Their return policy in the store is 60 days. My LO was in size NB for almost a full month, born at 6lb7oz, so I got some NB sleepers yesterday and will just return them if we don't need them. Everyone told me that I wouldn't need any NB so I didn't have much last time, and then DD1 wore the NB stuff to shreds, lol. The NB stuff I had looks the worst of any of DD1's old clothes. I didn't want DD2 to look like a complete ragamuffin if she ends up being tiny too:)

37. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@jetsa: I was really sore after mine, too, & even purposely got it in my dominant arm to ensure I'd move it more. The 2nd night after getting it, I iced my shoulder & that helped some.

38. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: We have these blocks and they're great! http://bbblocks.com/. I did order stickers for this LO though. I liked doing both. But we only did monthly, not weekly.

The one benefit of a c-section: I left the hospital with two hospital grade belly bandits that were awesome. I plan to get new ones with this LO.

My arm was SO sore after the TDAP too. No wonder babies get so cranky after shots!!

DH and I went out this afternoon without DS and knocked off most of the "to do" list for baby. Now we just need to get the room set up! I haven't bought anything newborn size yet. DS skipped right over it, but I guess I should be prepared if she really is more "normal" sized!

39. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I just called the pediatrician that I would like for my baby. I know her somewhat personally and she is a great clinician! Anyway, her office said she requires new parent interviews and the next available isn't until after my due date!!

I am now debating emailing her to see if she'll make an exception or squeeze me in. I thought six weeks was plenty of time to get this done! So bummed.

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I LOVE those blocks in the cotton candy! I am probably going to go with those! Thank you!

@MsHangry: That sucks!!! I would so email her and beg:). My DD1 had some persistent jaundice issues after birth, we had to get re-admitted, and I would have been even more if a mess if I didn't adore and trust our ped. So I vote for trying to beg this one to work you in:). You won't get what you don't ask for, so I would just go for it:)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee