Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Ladies should I know what a Tula is? We had an Ergo for my son but hardly used it. I hope to wear baby #2 a bit more (probably a necessity with a toddler!) but was just planning to use the Ergo again. What's the difference?

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: well that's quite rude!!! I did have someone tell me I looked like I was about to have him any day. I said damn I hope not! I'm not phased by it-I know it'll come off, i'm measuring on track, and I'm bound to gain some weight going from being highly active and counting macros to working out less/less intensely and not dieting just the other end of the pendulum!

3. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: people have been saying stuff to me too and I'm like.. uhm I'm not due for 10 weeks but I'm delivering in 6....

LOL

At target the other day this little boy was like, "that lady has a baby in her cart too... I mean her belly." The poor mom look mortified but I laughed. I mean, it's pretty obvious I'm pregnant. I don't take offense to that right now lol.

4. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: It's a baby carrier. I think they're super popular among major baby wearers. You have to buy an infant insert to use them young.. the weight lower limit is otherwise 15 lbs. I've heard the base is really wide though so I think they are better for wearing older babies not so much newborns -3/4 months even. But someone else may correct me if they know better! I learned that on the local baby wearing page... babywearing international.

the moby won't be supportive long at all... so I think I want a woven wrap until I switch to a soft structured carrier like a Tula. I dunno! I have big boobs and a bad back so I'm not sure how this will all work!!

5. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: kids are so funny! I had one come up to me at a playground and announce to his mom I had a baby in my tummy. The mkm then told me he says that about everyone and its made for some unpleasant conversations with other women! Out of the mouths of babes...

6. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: YIKES!!!!!

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: Thank you so much for thinking of us!!! I am such a stingy-butt, haha, I"m going to hold out to see if they do 15 or 20 for Easter!

@SeptMomma12: I didn't really know about the Tula either...I had seen it on here mentioned a few times, but still don't have one or know a lot about it. I wore DD1 a lot in the early months in a Bjorn, but when she got heavier, I put her butt in the stroller haha...I'm kind of hoping to do the same this time...Put the baby in the stroller once she can sit up pretty well, and buy the kick board thing (uppababy vista) for H to ride on. It WAS super convenient to wear her when I traveled, which was a lot, and I could just wear her in airports for the first year, but with #2's arrival - I feel like we may not see an airport for a few years as a family lol. Road trips or we don't go, it will be waaaay too stressful with 2 of them, and one being a wild toddler.

8. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Tippy0707: I am so sorry that now you have to be worried until April 1st! This might be a silly question, but are they doing the assessment to see if there's an issue with IUGR? I agree with @SeptMomma12: that it bodes well that they are waiting until April 1st for your assessment...I would think that if they were overly concerned that they would have looked into it more immediately. Iknow that's not super reassuring, and I would be worried too! But you are a tiny person anyway, and hopefully your body just doesn't need to gain more weight than it has. Sending many positive thoughts your way!!!!

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Just wanted to quickly share...I know that I will need comfy but presentable clothes for when I HAVE to get out of the house in the first couple of weeks after delivering and also when I leave the hospital, and I won't want anything tight like yoga pants/tops because I'll be uncomfortable with my PP body, plus wearing a belly bandit, so I wanted to get a couple of really comfy loose tops that would hide all of my insecurities and allow me to look presentable at Peds appts or whatever...I like to look on Jane.com every day for deals, and as a matter of fact I've been wearing non-maternity tunics for work from there for quite a while that were not expensive and have served me well for most of my pregnancy. I saw these today and ordered a couple, I think it's the perfect PP shirt to wear with leggings. I got a bigger size and am going to schlep around in these until I get back a little closer to my prepreg size (Praying that it's not AGES). Just sharing in case anyone is looking for something similar...I remember after having H how I was very in between maternity and non-maternity but still had to have something functional to wear, especially for her because she was readmitted to the hospital 4 days after we were discharged due to severe jaundice/high bilirubin numbers....

https://jane.com/deal/52488/ballet-sleeve-tunic-s-xl

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Those shirts actually look great. And can't beat the price. Are you just ordering up a size for PP? Like if I would normally wear a small, order a medium?

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yes, I ordered Mediums... It says model is in a small and she's skinny and does not like she just had a baby lol so I got M. I figure it's the kind. Of shirt that really can't be too big:)

12. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I went with one small and one medium - coral and turquoise. I really wanted the coral and that was only available in small! I'm very small-chested and last time the weight fell off, but I have to be prepared for that not to happen this time (especially given my love for chocolate this time around) Thanks for the link!

13. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@SeptMomma12: @Mrs. Lovejoy: @MsHangry: @kick641:
    @chanada: @blackbird: @PrincessBaby: Thank you so much for the reassurance ladies. I know if I just listen to my body that everything will be ok but I just need my brain to stop thinking. I'm feeling much better about the situation today after seeing my doula for a massage yesterday and reading all of your positive messages. I think its a good thing that my doctor is being cautious and I feel like I am in good hands. I have been so scared about having this HUGE baby (DH was 9 lbs 2 oz and I think 8 of those lbs was in his head…he has a BIG melon). Maybe this is my bodies way of reassuring me that it won't grow a baby thats to big for me to push out. lol

14. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm glad you liked them! I'm sure both will be fine for the sizing:) Somehow I think I was just in yoga pants or something most of the time with H but that just doesn't sound appealing to me at all..I like the comfort of big tunics to hide things I want to hide, lol. And our pediatrician's office is a huge practice with tons of providers and employees, and they are also one of my accounts for my job. So I would feel self-conscious going in there looking like a Hot Mess Express....I hope that these tops will help me to feel less of a mess until I lose the weight! Nice that they're cheap too - I am in a mental zone of only wanting to spend money on myself once I'm back to my normal size and then I am going on one HELL of a shopping trip, haha.

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Has anyone started to make some freezer meals? I made a lasagna, baked ziti and meatloaf this week, but looking for other suggestions to mix it up a bit. I feel like we are really going to need them with a husband who works late, a very challenging toddler (seriously 2.5 is turning out to be rough) and a newborn. I made a bunch before my son was born and then lost it all in Hurricane Sandy, so let's hope we at least avoid that this time!

I had my 32 week appt yesterday and was measuring a bit small (so surprising given the size of my belly) so the doctor did a quick ultrasound. All looked good. She's measuring exactly on target in the 50th percentile. A big change from my son who measured 36 weeks at only 32 weeks! It was nice to see her after so long and reassuring to hear all was good. Plus as we decorate the room pink, I like the added confirmation she's really a she

16. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: I haven't yet, but I have made a list! I work from home my last 2 weeks, so I think I will do it then. I'm not sure what I want to make yet (definitely healthy stuff)...but in the meantime, we have to empty out the freezer a bit before I start filling it up!

Yay for everything that looks good, though!!! My dr cannot do a growth scan anymore unless she can't determine the position of the baby (she said it's an Obamacare regulation), so I've had a few "man, i hope he doesn't come out a she!" moments myself!

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Have you seen that video making the rounds on Facebook where the people thought they were having a girl and really had a boy, then asked the grandma to change the diaper? My biggest fear!

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: looks like I may need to look into freezer meals...

I got the official news yesterday that my husband has to go away for 3 weeks on April 30th. If I go to my induction, which I'm sure I will, our baby will be 3 days old and I could still even be in the hospital. I am flying my mom in, was doing that anyway. But to say I am devastated is the understatement of the year.

To add to a crappy day yesterday with that news, when I got home and went to take jewelry off, I realized my wrist was bare. I lost a $600 yurman bracelet:(. I retraced my million steps yesterday, have called everywhere I went, and even went back to a few places quick before I bathed H last night, but it's gone. I am so upset:(. DH told me no big deal, he'll just buy me a new one bc he knows I am soooo upset but I can't get over it. I am in a super huge funk.

35 weeks today though. So there's that.

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Oh man, what a day That's terrible. There's no way DH can get out of it somehow since his wife will be in the hospital giving birth!?!? I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day.

Happy 35 weeks

20. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: what, no!!!!!

@PrincessBaby: Ugh i hate losing shit. I once lost a bracelet my brother gave me. Never found it. I'm sorry That is the worst.

21. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Found it. http://www.today.com/parents/ultrasound-was-wrong-its-boy-watch-familys-surprise-2D80552811

Not meant to scare you AT ALL! I just thought this was really funny (and terrifying) when I saw it last week.

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: He is a Captain offshore so it's kind of similar to driving a cruise ship or something- if it's scheduled to be on the water, a captain has to be at the helms, and if you can't be there, you have to have another replacement captain- but it has to be a captain that is familiar with that exact ship and procedures, so for my husband, is a very small pool of people:(. No one could work it out, actually it WAS worked out, and the person that was going to work for him got moved to another ship and will now be working on the new ship during the time he was going to replace my husband. When H was born, he was 2nd in command to the Captain, not Captain yet, so we had a much easier time finding a fill-in for him. He is all about the facts, and he accepts that this is the nature of having a job like this, and he is really just grateful that he gets to be home for the birth. I'm more in the "ugly cry all day about it" camp. He told me "You just need to get your shit together and go into labor early." And I agree!!!!
    @blackbird: Thank you:). Sorry about your bracelet

23. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Hi May mamas! I have been terrible at keeping up with you all, so I need to finally check in.

I'm 34 weeks now and I have less than 5 weeks to go because I'm being induced on April 30th! I'm getting really excited but also a little nervous. I am glad the planned induction gives me a chance to plan care for my DH.

I had a baby shower last weekend and my SIL just sent me a huuuuge box of baby clothes and toys from her LOs. We're almost ready!

I'm feeling huge and getting up to pee 5-6 times every night. My nausea also came back How is everyone feeling?

24. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Wow that'd be quite the shock!!! Better the second than the first?! haha!

@macintosh: Ah that's crazy! All these early May babies! Nausea has come back in the third tri for a few friends of mine. Evil evil evil

I hit 34 weeks tomorrow but I feel really good! I'm absolutely exhausted this week, though, I guess I'm losing a little sleep (had a few rough nights where i went to bed an hour later than usual, but STILL just an hour?! plus fatigue, i guess) and someone told me she thinks the baby dropped. Which would explain all the bladder/GI issues I'm having. Fun fun. We re-did my bathroom last weekend and I need to get on DH about moving the bed out of the nursery so I can start folding and doing some laundry! Yikes! I have a feeling we'll be scrambling at 38 weeks :O

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: Welcome back! I think we tend to be a pretty quiet board anyway. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I find I get a little nauseous in late morning if I don't eat something. And oh man do I hear you on the bladder stuff. I can't go more than an hour at night - it's brutal. I mentioned to the doctor yesterday that I feel like I'm leaking and he confirmed it's just my bladder...so sexy.

Other than that I'm feeling pretty decent. Having a lot of back pain this week, but my son has been home sick, so I'm doing a lot more lifting/chasing him than usual. And at 38 lbs he's not easy to lift, even when you're not pregnant

26. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Omg just a vent full of self-pity...the bracelet I lost is $1K. I went to the jewelry store at lunch. I may never get over this happening. This is the first time I've ever lost anything valuable. That it was just gone

27. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: omg haha. My fiancé was supposed to be a girl!

If I have a boy, there are a lot of techs who need to find a new job! I'll have had around 30 ultrasounds! At least 10 since 16 weeks!!

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Hopefully you got the 20% off one item email from PBK this morning too! Only one item but better than nothing.

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: my little girl is measuring average or a little small at 32 weeks as well. Big brother has always been 90th percentile

30. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: ack! I'm so sorry you lost the bracelet. I was torn up about losing a free coffee tumbler last week, I can't even imagine.
    @macintosh: all these inductions! Our birth board will have a strong start for sure. So sorry your nausea is coming back!

As for me, I'm doing pretty good. Allergies are kicking in for the spring, but not so bad yet that I am trying to figure out pregnancy safe drugs.

Had a baby shower yesterday. It was small but very nice.

31. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you! I was actually able to get a couple of extra ones from a few other girls on here and able to knock my shopping cart out - Yay! Sorry I just saw this...I only get some of my HB notifications ever since I did that Unroll Me thing with my inbox.

@MsHangry: I am slowly but surely coping Very slowly. I still think about it all day though. Glad you enjoyed your baby shower! I actually had a "Sprinkle" on Friday that was really nice too!

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I did the same thing - got a bunch from friends and family and cleared out my shopping cart

33. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@blackbird: Yes, the nausea is evil, but at least I'm not throwing up this time. My LO will be a very early May baby - May 1st or 2nd at the latest

@SeptMomma12: Ugh, the bladder stuff is the worst at night! Last night I was literally up every hour to pee. I was wondering if the baby had dropped, but he's still up in my ribs.

@MsHangry: Ooh, who else is having an induction? I'm supposed to go in at 8pm on 4/30. I'm excited and terrified at the same time

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: It really is brutal I've never had a particularly strong bladder, but this is just insane. I'm not an induction, but I'm a scheduled c-section on May 14.

DS's pink eye last week seems to have carried to me as a bad cold. I'm a mess. Struggled today to just get a bowl of oatmeal and an ice pop down, my throat is so sore. I really don't want to take anything, but I'm not sure I can do another day of this without some help.

35. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: princessbaby is an induction as well. I was induced last pregnancy due to high blood pressure but it's currently behaving itself so who knows

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: I am also a repeat c section mama. 5/1 so our babies could have the same bday if your induction goes well I'll only be 35+6 but I have severe Cholestasis of Pregnancy.

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I hope you feel better:( I think we are so far along that you can't really screw up the baby too much, haha, so maybe you can take a little something to make you feel better

@macintosh: I am scheduled for induction on Mon 4-27 @ 39w3d. I don't know if I go in the night before for Cervadil or not...

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Did you say that you made it to around 36 weeks or so with your son with no stretch marks and then ended up getting a few? I am holding my breath over here, really slabbing on the cream but my stomach feels soooo tight so who knows. Oh well, out of my hands.

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Yeah I'm going to call the doctor today. It can't be healthy for the baby to be living on strawberry ice pops!

I did make it to the very end without any stretch marks and then they appeared out of nowhere. I don't recall exactly when but I think 37-38 weeks or so. I remember the nurse saying she had never seen anyone get that big without stretch marks and totally jinxed me But I can't even begin to describe how large my stomach was with my son so I think that had a lot to do with it. Even the doctors would always comment that they'd bet money I was carrying twins if they didn't have the proof I wasnt!

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: So sorry you feel like crud! I definitely have sucked it up and taken some meds this pregnancy when I've been down and out. My doc was completely fine with it, so hopefully yours is too.

@PrincessBaby: Losing things is the worst. It makes you feel crazy, but also frustrated and sad all at the same time. I'm so sorry you lost something so important to you (and expensive!). That's sweet of your DH though to want to replace it for you.

And wow, we do have so many late April/early May babes in this group! It's going to make me so anxious (in a good way, because I'm excited for you all!). Once the first one starts up we'll have to create an L&D board. Time is FLYING!

For those that have had showers or sprinkles, post a few pictures!!

We're having a sprinkle in a few weeks. I'll be 36 weeks - large and in charge - so not looking forward to pictures of me at that point, but excited to spend time celebrating this little one.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee