Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Your info was actually the first I ever heard about that. But my docs never checked dilation that way. They feel it's too risky to aggravate the cervix and inadvertently cause you to dilate. They did biweekly cervical length measurements with ultrasound instead. But I never dilated (cervix stayed long and closed, thankfully) so we never really got into any detail. But my doc did mention this pregnancy that the cervix tends to be a lot more irritable in second, so maybe it's related?

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: Oh wow, I didn't see that thread at all...Thank you so much!!!

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh good to know that the output was similar for you vs the PISA:) I will be just pumping at work (hopefully! I HATE pumping, so if some issue arises that forces me to EP, I fear I will lose the will to live!), except for the odd occasion when I need to at home. It looks like the Symphony is not convenient if you need to bring it places or be mobile, so that would really not make it a great option for me regardless.

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Oh that does make sense that they wouldn't want to bother anything in there:) I'm going to ask more about it at my next appt...I go back on Tues the 31st and she's going to do a check, so I'm going to be nosey about it:)

Tues is also my first membrane sweep, and I'm sure I won't be dilated and it won't do anything, but it still gets me super excited anyway.

Are any of you taking any vacation before you technically go out on maternity leave? April 27th, my induction day, is officially my first day of mat leave, but my husband thinks it would do me some good to take off the week before. It is soooo tempting to look at the calendar and think that I only have 3 full weeks of work left after this one! But I don't know that I want to burn 5 days to just sit around and wait, hoping to go into labor. I'm definitely going to take 2 or 3 days, but I guess I'm going to just wait and see how much of a danger to society I am before I decide if I'll take the full week or not.

I love my job, and I still woke up this morning feeling like a) working is the last thing I want to do with myself today, and b) Racked my brain for any ailments that could qualify me as sick, but I don't really have anything going on that I could play up other than just being really freaking tired

5. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: You are so close to having that sweet baby girl! Mine still feels far away (only 32 weeks tomorrow), but 3 - 4 weeks feels like it will be here before you know it! Will your DH be in town the week before your induction? Maybe it would be good to take some time off to just spend time with him, since it will be hard to get that time away after LO comes? But, I think you could only do it if you could have the mentality that the likelihood of LO coming early is low and that you are just spending time as a family versus waiting for baby. I know my heart is set on this one coming early so it would be really hard for me.

Thank you and @SeptMomma12: for all the info on that swab! I'm going to mention it to the OB and see what see says. It seems like I didn't catch the stomach flu after all. My stomach basically just cramped and caused BH all weekend, but then I woke up almost completely fine today. I'm so grateful to not be spending two days in the bathroom, though! Maybe it was just a super mild case.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm not taking any time off, but I'll be working from home starting at 35 weeks, so that gives me some more flexibility to get stuff done. I work in Manhattan and my commute involves two trains, Penn Station at rush hour and then a walk to the office, so the doctor said 35 weeks is the cutoff for that! They have had patients go into labor in the city and get stuck in traffic, train problems, etc. - do NOT want to be that person.

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Glad you are feeling better!

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: provided I stay off bedrest this time, I'm not taking any time before.

9. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm taking the Friday before E's birthday party off and then two weeks later, i start working from home (weeks 38 and beyond), plus once i'm on weekly dr appts (i schedule them for fridays), my boss lets me work from home, too, so I get plenty enough of a "break". The main reason I'm taking that Friday off is because DH has class all day Saturday and i have 8 batches of cookies to bake! So i want to get it done leisurely during the day.

10. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: it's totally huge to lug around that's for sure! I think a lot of pumping is a mental thing... I was never stressed about it. It was just something that had to be done. I tried to read next to the baby or do something near the baby but relaxing. I personally think that is key for a lot of it. I didn't let pumping rule me despite the fact that I had to do it every 3 hours

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I finally pre-registered at the hospital, they suggest 3 months out and friday is 2 but at least it's done!

12. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: eeek! You know I never had to do that so I'm not sure what that is like but I got my paperwork for my C section 2 weeks ago and that was pretty exciting! Lol

13. blackbird

@jetsa: Woohoo! i did mine online. Lazy!

@BabyPenguinXO: It's coming up fast!

14. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: ha I wish I could've. Id been putting it off and it ended up not bring bad at all.

@BabyPenguinXO: we are getting so close!

15. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: @jetsa: 39 days!!! Eek!!

16. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Had my 32w appointment today. Baby kicked the midwife when she was looking for the heartbeat. Haha
    Otherwise things are wonderfully uneventful! I can't believe things are so close for some of you on this board! It is amazing

17. blackbird

@MsHangry: uneventful is good!

I bought a wrap for the baby today. Exciting stuff lol. I want to convert it to a Mai tei maybe!

18. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: cute!! I have a moby and I really wanna get a lightweight woven !

I am thinking a wrapsody breeze !

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: beautiful! I have a tablecloth ring sling but I really want a lightweight squishy ring sling. I just bought her a tula though so I probably won't buy one I may see if my babywear library has one. I have way too many carriers to buy another

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: So glad you are feeling better:) I think I'm going to just play the vacation time by ear...I'm a dragass at work at 34 weeks, so I wonder how terrible of an employee I'll be by 38 weeks:)

@SeptMomma12: Holy crap, that would be stressful! Very smart to be grounded after 35 weeks, especially after your PTL threats from your son. I didn't realize that you were in Manhattan! So cool!

@blackbird: I'm jealous of working from home! What a sweet deal! Also I love that wrap! So pretty

@MsHangry: Glad you're hanging in there at 32 weeks! I feel like we're all so close, yet so far away lol:)

I have been a) Nesting like a MoFo, and b) Starving like a MoFo.

I've been washing clothes and cleaning out closets and organizing like a madwoman. And also obsessed with taking care of every little detail of the house - like new throw pillows for the living room. Super important stuff like that...Apparently I want to get the house totally perfect so we can completely trash it in the first few weeks of madness of a newborn:)

And I have been ravenously hungry. I read that the baby is really packing on the fat right now, and I don't know how a baby knows what the most fattening foods are that one can eat, but she's sending me for them

I didn't get to eat breakfast until 9:30 this morning and I was literally near death. Like clinging to life. And I ate So. Much. Food. Just to feel like I would survive.

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: I just traded for this! I think it'll be perfect

22. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: I seriously think I'm eating every 2 hours. And like 2-3 apples a day. A bajillion gallons of water!!!

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: I wish too many apples was my problem

24. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: I am like that with oranges right now. I had DH buy 10 yesterday just to get me through the week. And graham crackers with peanut butter...yum!

@PrincessBaby: Don't worry, chocolate is the third vice

25. blackbird

@jetsa: That's so pretty!!!!

Also starving. I ate cottage cheese+fruit at 7 this morning, then at 9:00 ate some rice cakes and half a ham sandwich. Now it's 11am and lunch time! I have lots to get me through the day. Chicken sandwich, roasted broccoli, cucumber+onion salad (the vinegary kind, YUM) and a couple things of greek yogurt.....

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: I don't even like a lot of that stuff you listed, and it's still making me hungry!

27. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: haha I second the comment about not liking that food and still making you hungry!!!

I'm eating an apple wAiting for my weekly BPP!

28. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh it's ok carbs are my other issue! Lol

29. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: @BabyPenguinXO: haha that's pretty bad!!!! I'm just trying to keep my weight gain to about 40 lbs if i can, so I'm eating healthy

30. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: @PrincessBaby: did you guys see this? http://classifieds.hellobee.com/topic/10-off-pbk-code

31. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Thanks! My sister actually got me a 10% coupon yesterday, so it's all yours @PrincessBaby: I'm still hoping they do something better for easter next weekend but at least I have the 10% as a backup!

32. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

I had my regular doctor appointment yesterday and found out that I have lost a bit of weight and the babies fundal height measurement hadn't changed in the 2 weeks since my last appointment so as a precaution my doctor is sending me for a fetal assessment. I am really trying not to worry but its been hard. My mind is racing. I've spoken to my doula about it and she has been really reassuring but I'm still scared. I feel like my appetite had decreased a bit in the last week or so too which I thought was weird. So now, I am forcing myself to at least have healthy snacks in between meals even if I'm not super hungry. Plus, this news is just playing on my insecurities about people making comments about how small I am and if I'm feeding my baby (previous post). I've only gained 16lbs so far and I'm 31 weeks tomorrow. I've never in my life hoped to gain weight but I sure am right now. Please send positive thoughts my way. I go for the fetal assessment on April 1st.

33. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

On a positive note, I purchased my very first Tula the other week and it arrived on Sunday. I love it and can't wait to carry my little squish in it!

34. blackbird

@Tippy0707: That sounds so scary! I'm sure everything is ok! And that tula is gorgeous!!!

35. chanada

cherry / 147 posts

@Tippy0707: Sending positive thoughts. Hope everything is fine with baby. I know it's hard not to worry though.

Actually, I was talking to a couple friends asking for their full pregnancy weight gain. One of them told me she only gained 15 lbs total and her baby was almost 9 lbs!

Beautiful carrier

36. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Tippy0707: I hope everything goes well for you! I lost weight between two of my two week apart appointments, too, and we decided it was just a water retention issue. I couldn't hardly fit into my shoes the first appointment, and I had gotten the bloating under control by the second. I hope that's all it is for you! I wish people would leave pregnant ladies alone with the weight gain thing. I didn't show until 21 weeks, and was under my starting weight, but I've blown up the past couple months and am now almost fifteen pounds up. So I've gotten both the too skinny and eating too much food comments. You can't make some people happy, but my doctors have been okay with my weight journey. Will keep fingers crossed until April!

PS you've convinced me to let go and buy a pretty Tula. Love yours!

37. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Tippy0707: good luck on the fetal assessment. I'm sure everything will be fine! I am only up 16 lbs at my 32w appointment. My midwife wasn't concerned.

I feel like fundal height measurements are so subjective.

38. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Tippy0707: Aw, try not to worry! I know easier said than done, but I think 15 - 25 lbs can be normal weight gain for some people. Our bodies just seem to gain what they need. Hope the assessment goes well and can put you at ease.

39. blackbird

Boy now I feel like the resident May fatty, on track to put on about 40-45

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: If it makes you feel better, I heard someone at work today say to the lady next to her (in total earshot of me) "wow stick a fork in her, she's done!" Yesterday it was the waiter bringing me my food at lunch who said "wow, you look like you might pop here at the table!" I gain everything - and with my son that was 40+ lbs - in my belly. It's definitely a sight to see. I don't look at the scale so I have no idea what I'm up this time.

@Tippy0707: That sounds so nerve-wracking but I would think it's a very good sign they don't see any need to do the assessment before April 1. Will keep sending you and baby positive vibes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee