Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Tippy0707: For PP, I asked the nurses for extras of their big hospital panties:). I bled so much in those weeks after (I think I had bleeding for 5 or 6 weeks). The gross thing is, it's not just blood, it's your body getting rid of other bits and pieces that were handy before but not needed PP, so you need a heavy duty pad. So immediately PP I wore (and loved) the hospital's super sexy huge panties with their super heavy duty pads. And once I ran out, I bought boy shorts from like tjmaxx or something to wear with the biggest pads I could find. I had a vaginal delivery with no tearing (just some internal scraping) and am regularly a thong wearer but in those first few weeks, even with my uncomplicated PP vagina situation, there was still too much going on to wear a thong yet:).

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I was forced to order some spring tops too, and I was super unhappy about it! I just ordered some tunics from Jane.com that are not maternity, but I have them in smalls and am barely able to justify wearing them this week, so I ordered a few different colors in Medium. They were about $20 each which SUCKS to have to buy 5 or 6 for such a short time but I'm going to wear the crap out of them for the next 5 weeks that I'm working.

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

PS:

I am 33 weeks today!!!!!!

4 weeks to full term!!!!!

5 weeks left of work!!!!

6 weeks until my induction!!!!

4. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: 49 days until my RCS! I'm 28+6 today lol. Delivering at 35+6

5. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: if it makes you feel any better my appts range from 1-3 hours! Just depends what all im there for! I always have an ultrasound, soemtimes I see the OB too, and then need labs! But it's a teaching hospital and I also see a fellow! They are fantastic though.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Yes, I forgot about the mesh underwear at the hospital. The best! I totally hoarded that last time.

7. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: once i was declared high risk last time and had NST, ultrasounds, and dr appt 2-3 times a week mine did too but this was literally 5 mins with the dr and 75 mins in the waiting room.

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Are you ladies getting the whooping cough vaccine while pregnant? My doctor mentioned it yesterday but I told her I wanted to do some research first. With my son, they did it in the hospital after he was born, but she said the recommendations have changed and now they do it in the third trimester.

@PrincessBaby: Totally random, but you seem to be very PBK knowledgable... Do you know of any upcoming sales? I've got a cart full of stuff but don't want to order without some kind of sale code!

9. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: no one has mentioned it to us. My son has a well child check next week so I'll ask him then

10. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Hmm, my doc didn't mention it either! They did mention the TDAP that they want me to get soon though. I don't think I got it with LO1, but they said they've changed their policies in the 2 years it's been since I had her.

Oh and random comment to the mesh undies. I also loved them. I hoarded them, and those pads that you can make cold (can't remember the name?). I tried to use them on night 2, but the nurse cut me off. I was obsessed.

Oh and here's a 31W pic. I think this is picture #3 of me in the almost 7 months I've been pregnant? I'm glad to have a couple and DH is patient as I move around to get the best "angle"

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I think that is the Tdap. Pretty sure the P is for pertussis (whooping cough). I think!

You look amazing! That is such a beautiful picture. I thought you were going to say you had maternity photos done!

12. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you - you are sweet :grin:. And that makes sense! Then yes, I was also asked to get it! I also haven't researched it. I honestly usually decline vaccinations for myself (which is ironic because I'm adamant LO get them), but I am very willing to get it if it will pass on the right immunity that this LO would need. I wonder if they're pressing more because of the recent outbreaks? I thought I read a thread about some in California...

13. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: ohhhh, you're right TDAP is Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough). I had it with lo1 and they're good for 10 years I believe so we are set.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/tdap.html

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I haven't had a chance to research but my OB mentioned yesterday that the 10 yr thing is fine for DH, grandparents, etc but they want the mom to get it while pregnant because the immunity is passed to the baby to cover them until they are old enough to get it themselves.

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Hmm it's been 18 months for me because I was too late in pregnancy to get it last time. I'll ask my ped what he prefers. Thank you!

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: DH just found this: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/tdap-pregnancy-hcp.htm. But asking the ped is a good idea. We have a well visit this week too so I will see what she thinks!

17. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@jetsa: @SeptMomma12: I just got mine. You get it each pregnancy for the baby.

18. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Thanks! I just checked with a few friends who had babies recently and they said the same thing.

19. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: what blackbird said!

I had it with my son 3rd trimester in October 2013. I got mine 2 weeks ago. Even though I just had the booster they recommend it each pregnancy because it passes immunities of some level, obviously not 100%, to the baby. That was a good enough answer for me! LOL. I trust my doctors very well thoigh and im pro pro pro pro pro pro.. Pro, vaccine hahaha

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I got the TDAP a couple of weeks ago.... I did with H as well, the recommendations changed a in my 3rd trimester with her, and I did that instead of requiring my entire family that would end up visiting/staying at some point in the first couple of months to each get it. It makes me feel so much better that it passes immunity on to baby....

And I don't know of anything happening PBK wise:( I also have some towels/nursery wraps that are chilling in my shopping cart just waiting for a 15% code. I have a mental block about ordering anything without a code. I can't do it. There are matching beach wraps for kids and baby that I wanted to get them both, and they put the kids on sale for 20% off this weekend but not the baby ones. So I just ordered the kids one, and I have the rest of the towels I want just hoarded in my shopping cart. Waiting to pounce:)

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: You look beautiful! Your hair is so pretty!!!! And kudos to your husband for his photography skills! Mine is the worst photographer I've ever met. My 2 year old could take more flattering photos than him. He gets horrific angles only. Your husband is a great photog!

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Happy Monday, May Moms!

I can officially only wear my engagement ring now....My multiple band enhancer thingy I just had made is too hard to get over my swollen knuckle:( I will really REALLY miss it over the next 4-6 weeks:(

Even though we lived in FL when I was pregnant the first time and the weather in the winter months was similar to what it's been here the past week, I never had swelling that prevented me from wearing my rings. So weird how pregnancies are just different. But I'm definitely scared they're going to get stuck on my fingers, so they're out until further notice!

23. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Thank you! Yes, he's gotten so much better. I think it was enough tears that induced him to learn how to brighten the shot and keep taking them until I'm happy.

And oh, I'm just waiting for the swelling to start. It's been so cold here, the highest being maybe 50, so it hasn't happened yet. But, today it's supposed to hit over 60 (hallelujah), and I could feel my rings get just a bit tighter this morning. I've got 9 weeks to go, so I am sure it will happen soon.

24. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Is anyone else having the weird shooting electric feeling going down the insides of your thighs? I remember I had this with my first pregnancy, where I'd be walking and this weird electrical current feeling would shoot down my inner thighs and it would stun me..:But it happened later I think...I'm 33w3d and it's been happening all morning. It's so weird! I know it has something to do with a nerve but I can't remember what. I've also had to go to the bathroom a lot more, I guess she's settled right onto my bladder.

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I don't remember that from my first, but yes, I think I've actually had it happen over the last few days. A few times, I almost felt like a drip go down my inner thigh, or a hair rub against it, but nothing there. It's been making me think I'm crazy.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Same here. It's been too cold to have any swelling, but when we hit 50 last week for the first time in months, my rings were definitely tighter

26. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@blackbird: @BabyPenguinXO: @SeptMomma12: @PrincessBaby: Thanks for the underwear tips ladies! I will make sure to stock up on the mesh undies! Hopefully the nurses don't cut me off!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Such a beautiful picture and your hair is amazing!!!! My hubby has no patience for pictures. He would probably be super annoyed if I asked him to take some pictures of me. lol

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

A very weak moment in Janie & jack resulted in matching swimsuits and hats. We DO live 10 mins away from the beach. I'm hoping we get there enough this summer to justify this purchase! The danger of little girls

28. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh my god. So adorable. I can't even walk in that store anymore because it's way too cute - especially for girls. Those give you a reason to go to the beach!! So cute.

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: OMG, those are amazing! I've managed to be pretty good with a boy - he has a ton of clothes but nothing too crazy. But I have a feeling I am in big trouble with a girl this time

30. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

How's everyone sleeping? I can't remember having insomnia with LO1 but this time its horrible. I was randomly awake from 2-4 last night!

31. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: The insomnia is insane this time. It's hit or miss for sure, but when I have it, it's from 1 - 3 AM or 2 - 4 AM and almost impossible to go back to sleep. The best trick I have is to resist every temptation to use technology. The second I even click the phone home button to see the time, it keeps me up.

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Yes me too! I just lay there and hope I fall asleep soon.

33. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Horrible. I wouldn't say it's insomnia, because I can fall right back to sleep, but the most my bladder will give me is an hour. All night long:(

34. blackbird

@jetsa: Gah that's the worst! I have insomnia if i don't take Unisom. So i am a religious unisom taker.

35. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Umm ladies an April mama is in labor that means our 'month' is next!

36. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@jetsa: I saw that!

37. blackbird

@jetsa: yikes!!!!

38. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@jetsa: urgh yes...i usually toss and turn til 1 or 2 am...its ridiculous. Cannot get comfy. I'm totally ready for it to be May....I dont have any stuff ready but I am ready!

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: me too! I wish we were due in the beginning though!

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: how is that possible?!?! Gah this time is flying. I'm so so excited though

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee