Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

For all the second/third time mums - how long are you planning on staying in hospital? I asked in my appt today what the minimum stay was and if everything goes well it's only SIX HOURS! wow!! Obviously you can stay longer if you want. You do have to come back at the 3 day mark for hearing tests etc. I"m pretty keen to stay as little as possible this time, providing everyone is healthy ofcourse...maybe just 1 night?

2. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: Drool. I cannot freaking wait until my girl scout cookies come. Enjoy!

@princessbaby: Oh my goodness, your eyelashes look so good!! That's awesome that they gave you a good deal. I'm sure maintenance isn't cheap, but it's worth it if they look that good! My eyelashes are like half of yours and half as short - ha!

@Mrs squirreld: oh wow! I think our minimum stay is two days (or two nights?). I can't imagine going home at 6 hours. It will be hard with DD1 at home being watched by others, but I kind of loved being at the hospital last time. They just take such good care of you and do everything so you can spend one on one time with the babe! I will probably stay two nights and then head home.

After having the cold for about 10 days, I caught the stomach bug Sunday, and now DD1 is sick with a fever of 103. It's like it all hits at once, isn't it? i cannot wait for spring!!

Hope you guys are doing great.

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Wow, that's quick! We stayed 4 nights last time (c-section) but I'm hoping to only stay 3 nights this time, since my son will be at home.

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Oh no Stomach bugs are my worst nightmare. I hope you all feel better soon!

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Provided your BP stays great will they induce you early, I asked my dr and he's like nope it'd have to dive up at the end which is what it did last time. I'm so so jealous that you can check out after 6 hours, we have to be there for at least 24 hours so that's what I'm planning on. I'd rather be home then in the hospital.

6. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Feel better!

7. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'll be having a C section and im pretty sure standard stay is 3-4 nights. I'm having my c section Friday morning.. I'm hoping to try and get out sunday or monday. Assuming baby is ready too, otherwise I'll accept staying a bit to be with her easily. But monday my mom goes on a business trip so fiancé will have to stay at the house with our son, which is why im hoping I can get home Sunday and not have to have him come get me monday with our son.

8. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Oh dear… feel better soon!

I had a checkup yesterday and got my results for my glucose screening and….I PASSED!!! Hooray! I'm so happy I don't have to do it again. I felt terrible afterwards.

Over the past week or so I've been getting lots of comments about how small my tummy is and it was really starting to worry me (is everything ok with the baby?) So after my weigh in yesterday read that I only gained 2.5lbs in the past month I got really worried and asked my doctor if everything is ok and if I should be worried. Thankfully she said that she's not concerned and its probably just because I'm tall, eat healthy and was fit before getting pregnant. But said that I should probably start gaining closer to 1 lbs/week now that I'm in my third trimester. She said now that my appointments are every 2 weeks that they will be able to monitor it better. I've gained about 16.5lbs so far and will be 29 weeks tomorrow. Should I be concerned? It's definitely not for a lack of eating.

9. chanada

cherry / 147 posts

@Tippy0707: I wouldn't worry about it. They say it's the overall weight you have gained through your entire pregnancy. You still have another 10 or so weeks to go/gain. I know people who only gained 22 lbs in a pregnancy and baby was healthy.

Imagine those people from the show "I didn't know I was pregnant." They probably gained like 5 lbs or something! If you are feeling ok and doctor says things are fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

10. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@chanada: Thanks. I know I shouldn't be worried if my doctor isn't and I thought I had put it out of my mind after my appointment yesterday until my mom, sister & nana came over for dinner last night and the first thing my nana said was "Oh my goodness you're still so small! Aren't you feeding that baby?" Which I know is silly, it's just my nan being my nan but it just kind of played on that little bit of worry I already had.

11. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Tippy0707: Ugh rude!!! If your dr says you're fine, you're fine!

12. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Tippy0707: you look great! And everyone LOVES to share their opinions of your look once you're pregnant. If your doc is happy, I wouldn't worry. And honestly, I'm jealous! I wish I had only gained 16 pounds, it will melt off!

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Tippy0707: I wouldn't worry about it as long as the doctor isn't. In my last pregnancy, I hadn't gained anything at 20 weeks (despite already having quite the belly) but went on to gain 40+ lbs (most of it in the last 12 weeks). My body just kinda did what it wanted/needed. And try to ignore the peanut gallery comments. Just today I've been told by one person at work that I look too small for 7.5 months and an hour later another said I look like I shouldn't be be able to stand up straight with such a big belly.

PS- Also, you really do look awesome!

14. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@blackbird: @Mrs. Lovejoy: @SeptMomma12: Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the reassurance!

15. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I had my 30w appointment on Monday. Moving up to every other week! I can't believe it.
    Everything was fine, baby even seems head down. Hopefully he is comfy down there and doesn't do any flipping later out of position!

16. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Tippy0707: everyone's body is different! I think you look great and the doctor thinks your weight gain is right on track. Keep up the good work!

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Did anyone get their breast pump from insurance yet? I have to be 30 days out from due date to order it, but my insurance company gave me the name of two suppliers I can use - Byram Healthcare and Edgepark. Any experience with either of those?

18. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Crap i haven't even thought of that. I'll check that out.

When i had E, those were two companies offered to me--both had HUGE waiting lists and no availability. I think United Healthcare (which i had, at the time) realized this was a problem and opened it up for us all to use "out of network" providers and get reimbursed (which was a hassle, as the policy was brand new and my claim kept getting denied because the agents were very uninformed), so I ended up getting my Freestyle at BAbies R Us. I'mma go check it out now, though!

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: That's what I have - UnitedHealthcare. Maybe I should call them now and make sure there's no wait list. Though I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was, since I have one from DS anyway.

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I used Edgepark I believe, it was fine order the pump and then send in a prescription afterwards so you aren't charged. They only gave me the option of the ameda purely yours which I used and it didn't work for me. Did you just call your insurance company or? I'm double covered and not totally sure I qualify for one but I will be getting one if I do

21. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: well this was years ago when the policy was new. These are my options through Edgepark now. I'm going to make a post about the Freemie since it's supposedly discreet!

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: I bought the freemie collection cups last time. Its got a learning curve but works pretty well!

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Yup, I just called the customer service number on my card and asked. She wasn't super knowledgeable about it, but was able to find some information (basically just the 30 days and the names of the suppliers).

@blackbird: I just saw that post. I'm intrigued!

24. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Okay I emailed my UHC (my husband's plan) and am going to email mine now.

25. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I have Aetna and Byram was one of the suppliers I talked to. I think it only takes a week after you order to come in... It seemed pretty easy although I didn't order yet bc I was going to research the other choices. I need to just go ahead and order the Medela and be done with it. Researching didn't get too far:)

It's been high 70s/low 80s here the past few days and I have had finger and feet swelling for sure! Ugh!!! I'm so mad my new "mother's" wedding set us getting super tight:(

In other pointless news, I got H2 a pair of boyfriend-cut jeans yesterday:) They are so soft and sweet:). Can't wait to have a squishy newborn to snuggle in them:)

26. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: We just hit low 70's this week and I've noticed some swelling along with it. I don't know how any summer mamas ever wear their jewelry!

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: @blackbird: I have the same options and up to 2 a year as well. This is the OPPOSITE of what the rep at the dr office told me, he really shouldn't be saying anything if its not 100%. He did mention that mine may vary because I have the one carrier in IL who will do more than 1 every 5 years but still. 2 per year is nowhere near the same.

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I just saw your other post. Was the Symphony rental through UHC or your other insurer? That's an interesting option - kinda nice to hear that one is quieter and could be done during conference calls. I remember my PISA being SO noisy.

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: it was through my insurance blue cross blue shield of Illinois. UHC hasn't responded yet but bcbsil is my primary and I didn't have them last time so it's worked out

30. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: We hit the 50s here yesterday (back to 30 today ) and I noticed my rings were pretty uncomfortable. I also realized I need some spring maternity clothes. Sweaters aren't going to work much longer, but all my "very pregnant" clothes from DS are sundresses, and we won't be ready for those here for quite some time.

My back is KILLING me. This better be the 30 week slump, or the next 9 weeks are going to be brutal

31. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

This is probably a super random question but for all you second/third time mamas do you have an underwear preference? I only wear thongs but know these are probably not going to cut it for the few weeks postpartum. Does anyone have any suggestions for good underwear? Maybe boy cut/cheeky? I'm not sure I will be able to handle a full brief cut. Thanks!!!

32. blackbird

@Tippy0707: aw i'm so boring and just wear Hanes bikini cut in a size up! When i wear underwear, that is. One of my favorite things to wear is those workout shorts that have the underwear built in. Like running shorts. So comfy.

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: lmao, when I wear underwear

@Tippy0707: I just bought these ones from target, they are hipster. I had a c section but I couldn't deal with briefs either. I wore a size up in bikini and made sure they had a soft waist line. The ones I have now have a SUPER soft waist line too. It's awesome. I'm a thong girl too I hate full butt undies except for sleeping in. I cannot wear them with pants!! My least favorite post partum thing.

34. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: I've gotten so lazy when I wear pajama pants or yoga pants or shorts that have them built in!

35. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I just spent 75 minutes waiting on a 5 minute appt for them to tell me that everything looks good and she's no longer breech my BP was great too.

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: can you do a sundress and cardigan? I picked up a couple cardigans early on and have been using them with all my summer shirts.

37. blackbird

@jetsa: What a PITA! But yay for not being breech!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: yea ridiculous, they triple booked the dr all morning for some stupid reason.

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Tippy0707: I'm also a thong person, but I have maternity briefs from Motherhood Maternity that I like during (and after) pregnancy. Mine are leftover from last pregnancy, but these are probably pretty similar: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=96729Z30130&MasterCategory_Id=MC14.

@jetsa: I also had a 5 minute appt this morning. "Luckily" I only waited about 25 minutes though. As for the sundresses, they're really "summery" - very lightweight. Can maybe get away with them in April but not yet. Plus it's 25 degrees again here today

40. blackbird

@jetsa: responsible....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee