Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@PrincessBaby: Happy last day of work!

Today's my last Friday in-office, but next Thursday is my for-sure last day in office.

@SeptMomma12: I used Edgepark, too, and got my pump in maybe two days! Super fast/easy. Way better experience than 2 years ago, when the insurance pump thing was brand spanking new.

I've got a nice weekend ahead of me, hopefully some laziness. DH is going to break down the bed in T's room. I've got a friend's birthday lunch thing tomorrow and Sunday is DH's birthday, so I'm going to make him a cake that morning. Weather should be nice enough to hopefully take E to the park if her leg is feeling ok (we had a bunch of molluscum blistered off the back of her leg, and it looks AWFUL but she seems to be doing ok now)

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: @blackbird: Thank you guys!!!

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope your weekends are relaxing:)

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I should know this by now, but what's your scheduled date again? A week from Monday (4/27)?

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yes:). I go in that morning...Hoping it will be quick since I'm dilating on my own before.

I had more mucus plug this morning. I hope that means at the very least I'm dilating more. The nurse had told me that losing plug indicates cervical changes more than anything else.

My next/final ob appt is Tues and so maybe the 3rd one will work

5. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Fingers crossed!

Random question for the second-time moms. Do you remember if you wore any full panel maternity pants post-birth? I just pulled out all my summer maternity stuff from DS and am planning to give it to a friend who's due in September, but I can't recall if it would be useful to save a few full-panel capris for myself after baby. With DS, I didn't leave the house so I was rarely out of sweats, but I don't think that's going to be an option with this baby. At the least, I have to go to day care every day.

6. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@blackbird: Sounds like a fun weekend!

@PrincessBaby: Glad things are progressing! Less than 2 weeks to go

Today I have my final growth ultrasound and my first cervical check. Hoping baby isn't over 7 lbs and that I have some dilation going on to get ready for my induction.

I'm finally getting over a hellish viral respiratory infection that required steroids to help my lungs. I really don't think I've ever seen that much mucus in my life! I slept better last night than I have in weeks. The forecast is 75 today, I can't wait to see some sunshine!

7. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: I did! After a couple weeks, I folded the panel down into a half panel so they fit more snugly around my hips. I'm thinking specifically of a pair of full panel capri pants that I wore often!

8. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

I'm 2.5 cm dilated! That's good new because this baby his measuring 90th percentile - 8 lbs 8 oz at 37+1.

9. blackbird

@macintosh: holy shit! When's your due date?? 4/30? 5/1?

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: I didn't, but then again I can't wear it now either. It ticks her off. thanks for asking I'm well enough to go but totally overdid it packing so I'm laying down while my son naps

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: yay for progress!

So jealous of all you ladies beginning to WOH I'll be in the office until maternity leave. I can't do all of my job from home =\

12. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@blackbird: induction is on 4/30 at 39 weeks. Midwife said they may start in the AM instead of PM if I don't need cervadil.

@jetsa: thanks! Sorry you can't WAH, that's a bummer.

13. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@macintosh: Yay!!! That's a big baby!!! Did your dr give you any reaction on your dilation- like if you will be walking around at 2.5cm for not much longer? I'm in the same dilation boat (dr said 2-3, she could fit 2 fingers in with wiggle room, so whatever # that is)....So just wondering if they gave you any gut feelings! My dr said she wouldn't see me at my appt on Tues but I think she meant more as good juju, and wasn't referring to my cervical progress:)

14. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@macintosh: Fwiw my dr said since I'm dilating on my own, I get to skip the cervadil the night before...Hopefully that's the case for you too...I am just showing up on the 27th in the am and getting hooked to the Pit Damn I'd love to avoid an induction!!!!

15. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@PrincessBaby: I know, the MFM started talking about a csection! The midwife just laughed at that suggestion. She said it's a good sign that there's progress, that's about it. She also said she'd do a membrane sweep next week. Btw, I'm crampier than ever after that check!

16. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: pit is totally an induction! like, the hard kind! hate that shit.

@macintosh: Oh god noooo. if you're already dilating, why the c-section?!

17. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: goodness that is a big babe! Do you know what you're having again!? Another gal in a birth group of mine is measuring 8lbs 11oz after a 37+3 ultrasound and they said if baby is 9 lbs 9oz at her scan Thursday (2 weeks) then they will be doing a c section vs induction. She's okay with that. Has apparently freaked herself out over shoulder dysphasia or whatever it's called. She's being induced either 4/30 at night or c section May 1st like me! She has GD but at this point they say baby grows a half a pound a week so the baby is on track to pass the 9lns 9 and need a c section.

14 days til baby!! 13 til I see my fiancé! Has been since January 3rd!!! Assuming the next 2 weeks go smooth!! Baby has been much more active which is reassuring and my recent blood work is good so I'm hopeful. I'm so anxious to meet her and praying she doesn't need the NICU at 35+6.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Oh I know! I just meant I get to skip the prior overnight on the cervadil for 12 hours, I go straight to Pit. And also I hope that I avoid it altogether! With H I had to do cervadil for 12 hours, then Pit, and the whole thing was 36 hours. Then we had to stay 2 nights so we were in the hospital FOREVER. I'm hoping to have her same day on the Pit and then go home next day, if actual delivery is as smooth as it was with H (five pushes, just scrapes/no tears)

19. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: ha, i was gonna say, you're crazy if you think pit isn't induction! I hated pit, though. Hated. I am just crossing my fingers over here that I go into labor on my own with T. They don't do cervadil at my hospital, although i'd LOVE to just go home instead of hanging around with miso or whatever they put in me. YUCK. It would be so nice to go home the same day!!!!!!

20. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@blackbird: That was before the midwife checked me, lol! It just shows the difference of doctor vs. midwife - the doc said to be prepared in case it's necessary. I'm thinking, duh, that's always a possibility.

@BabyPenguinXO: It's a boy. Luckily I don't have GD, the doc said some people just make big babies. I have no desire to skip straight to a c-section - I have too much to do to deal with the recovery. Maybe I'll cave on the epidural though, considering this baby's giant head. I think it's called shoulder dystocia. Dysphasia is a speech disorder We're going to have a few end of April/early May babes!

@PrincessBaby: Oh man, I'd love it if I could have my LO the same day I go in! My strangest fear is getting really hungry if labor takes a long time.

21. blackbird

@macintosh: yeah the difference in philosophy always sort of takes me by surprise. I actually brought peanut butter for my labor. I know they said no food, but i ate a little a few times. Plus, i just threw it all up later anyways during transition.....

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: and late ultrasounds can be off as well; a friend was induced because her baby was measuring over 9lb and he was 7lb 6oz

23. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: that's quite a discrepancy! I'd be mad if I were talked into a c-section based on that.

24. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: here's an abstract about it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3551975/ Essentially in a small study they were off up to 20% each way in 38% of cases, I just wouldn't trust one to make a csection call but that's me :). And as you're trying an induction, I'm gonna add my crunchy (kinda) mama spiel. Your body would never grow a baby it couldn't deliver, don't let this talk of his size get you down before you start. If baby doesn't fit the dr will figure it out but more than likely you deliver him just fine :). At my 32 week ultrasound with my son he measured big and I had an OB immediately suggest a csection and my midwife said no ppl deliver big babies everyday. Well they did another ultrasound at 36 weeks and he was normal size.

25. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: I heard the same thing from my friend who is a resident. He did say that if you have multiple ultrasounds measuring large it's more likely to be accurate. I'm totally in agreement with you about vaginal delivery. At least he's head down an I'm dilating. If there is a problem, they know what to do in an emergency.

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: exactly however it turns out you end up with a sweet babe in your arms!

27. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: yeah thanks autocorrect! I wasn't paying much attention! Thank you haha! Yeah I'm not crazy about the idea of that. I mean I do know some people have experiences with getting stuck I think @SeptMomma12: had that experience! But this lady is a first time mom! I don't blame you for not wanting a c section.

I am having a RCS cause I'm not comfortable with another induction after my c section. My last induction did not go well and epidural failed and that crap ain't cool. Lol! It will be weird to go in and have a baby to hold in a few hours verses 3 days!!

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: My son was estimated close to 10 lbs and while he was still really large (23 inches and 8 lbs 14oz), he wasn't even close to that, so they can definitely be very off! My doctor actually said tall babies like mine tend to throw them off the most because they're essentially measuring the bone length to calculate weight, not the baby's actual "width." That being said, I'm a small person and my son still got stuck, which led to an emergency c-section. (And given his size vs my size - I'm tall but very small boned - I couldn't find a doctor to allow me to try a VBAC this time.) But I definitely wouldn't ever schedule a c-section in advance based on their estimate!

29. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: thanks for the details! My son was 20" and my fiancé is tall! My babies measurements this time are all normal or even on the small side except her belly! Which is a GD thing to have a big belly! And I don't have GD this time so it's weird! But I'm super curious about her size that's for sure!

30. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: A failed epidural sounds like no fun. I hope your RCS goes super smoothly!

@SeptMomma12: Wow, that's so interesting about tall babies. I'm not that tall, but DH is 6'3" and my brother is 6'1". They said the head and abdomen are especially large, so who knows. I can't believe your LO got stuck, that must have been scary!

So I just had a little brown tinged mucus - hello mucus plug! Excited to see what happens next

31. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: exciting!!! Our birth board should open anytime now considering we have lots of 37 week second time mamas!!!!

32. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

If someone goes into labor post here so someone can make a board and we can keep all the updates there!!! I'm around a lot I can totally make it. Or we can make it in advance too! I like the idea of having ALL the stories there. I'm OCD haha.

33. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Thanks! You should totally start a birth board! We know we'll have some births in 2 weeks, maybe even some next week. I was stalking the April announcement board and I love how they have everyone's DD organized.

34. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: I've seen their board. Is there something special about the way they did the due dates? I'm not sure! Lol

35. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Probably not, they just list the DDs, as well as birth dates and baby names. I've never really looked at the announcement boards before now.

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: ohh! Okay so just they way the update it gotcha! Hopefully some of the later mommies can help update since we have 2-3 active mommies delivering right at the beginning!

37. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Okay I made it! Now all of our labor and delivery updates can go there!!!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: squee! How is it time for that?!?!

39. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: bahaha! Maybe it will make someone go into labor

40. xmaskidjr

coffee bean / 28 posts

DS couldn't wait for version procedure on Monday and decided to come ealry. My water broke around 1:00pm yesterday and he was delivered at 7:51pm via C-section since he was still in breech position.

He was born at 36wk and 6 days with 6lb 10oz. We are doing very well. Unfortunately, my mother couldn't come on time and we couldn't find child care for our DD, I had to go to OR alone. However, they let my DH and DD in to meet me and DS during recovery.

This makes him April baby than May baby but I would like to share this news to May moms!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee