Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 moms!

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: thanks ❤❤❤️. Feeling better now after talking with my dr. D&c scheduled for this Friday. She said that any subsequent pregnancies they would monitor my hcg and do earlier ultrasounds just in case. We can start trying again after my first period.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies! I hope I'm the last of the bad news and look forward to all your baby news come May!

2. Mrs. Deer

blogger / persimmon / 1231 posts

@StrawberryBee: Thinking of you, hope everything went well today.

3. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. Deer: thanks . It actually went better than I expected by a lot. Everything went off without a hitch, and I felt completely normal afterwards and even now with the motrin they gave me long since worn off. No cramps or anything, it's really weirding me out. I was done and out by 1. Made the mistake of asking how they dilate though; now I can't un-know it!

The bad part was the time leading up to it. I was awake for good chunks of each night. I have a fear of doctors and hospitals and medical procedures and the unknown and this pretty much checked off every box; last night it culminated in multiple panic attacks. Poor DH pretty much held and talked with me all night. By morning I was strangely calm. If I had it to do over again I'd probably ask for something to try and reach the calm place sooner. I didn't know my mind was going to spin that much out of control.

Anyway, so glad that's all (hopefully) behind me.

4. Mrs. Deer

@StrawberryBee: Yes, glad this part is done. Hope the next parts of the healing process, physically and emotionally, go well.

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: Thinking of you

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. Deer: @lilteacherbee: thanks! Doing ok, both physically and emotionally. Spending time with DH and E, my three year old. We snuggled on the sofa and stayed up late last night watching the new my little pony special.

7. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

EDD: 18 May 2017

How far along: 12 weeks 6 days

First child? Third. My first is a 2.5 year old daughter and my second son was diagnosed with anencephaly and we induced him at 14 weeks in March this year. This is my rainbow.

Any symptoms so far? Nausea, metallic mouth taste, not wanting to eat anything, sore boobs etc etc...

Who have you told? Our families and a couple of close friends who have been praying for us after what happened to our last baby. We plan to tell everyone else this weekend as we've just had our 12 week scan and this baby looks to be ok.

Sorry for all those who have lost their babies. I hope you all get your rainbows soon.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs Music: Welcome! So sorry to hear about your son I'm glad this pregnancy is going well for you. I lost my first baby, so I know how precious and scary rainbow pregnancies are.

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

May 2017 Mamas
    May 1: Astro Bee (#2), BrandNewMom (#2)
    May 3: MenagerieMama (#2)
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3)
    May 11: Clementine12 (#1), schubr03 (#2)
    May 14: JessyMess (#2)
    May 17: Emsmems (#2)
    May 18: Mrs Music (#3)
    May 19: adiamond (#1)
    May 21: franconia1113 (#1)
    May 22: combatlibby (#2)
    May 24: ladymarley (#2)
    May 29: Mrs. Deer (#3)
    May 30: LemonJack (#2)
    May 31: Onyx81 (#2)

10. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Had my first OB appointment where we could hear the heartbeat on the Doppler! All is well other than I have wicked heartburn and I'm dying with my toddler's sleep on daylight savings. How is everyone else??

11. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

@MenagerieMama: I think I have bruising on my stomach from my ultrasound yesterday and an itchy throat... really hoping I'm not getting sick. There was some woman hacking her lungs out sitting next to me at the hospital yesterday but she said it was "just asthma"

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs Music: Ugh, hope you're not getting sick. Both of my boys had an awful cold last week and of course, I ended up catching it too.

@MenagerieMama: Yay for a good appointment! I'm 14 weeks today and feeling pretty good. Definitely glad to be out of the first tri. I'm just ready to start feeling some baby movement. I think I consistently felt my first around 18 weeks and my second around 16 weeks, so hopefully soon!

13. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

I'm surprised I missed so many updates!

@lilteacherbee: Your name choice is so lovely!

I'm so sorry for you loss, StrawberryBee - I hope you get your rainbow soon.

I'm just over 14 weeks now. I had my 12 week appointment earlier this week (at just shy of 14 weeks) and my midwife told me my uterus is measuring a month ahead. I'm not sure if she was comparing it to a 12 week uterus or if I'm just growing super quickly. Did any of you guys experience something like this? I'm not showing yet in clothes (although I don't wear formfitting stuff), but I am very aware of where my uterus is and what I used to be able to suck in to make my stomach flat is now constantly sticking out a bit.

My midwife couldn't find the heartbeat on a doppler at the appointment but had an old ultrasound machine that picked it up right away - I can't complain about getting to see the baby again! I still haven't heard the heartbeat so that's something to look forward to. I went ahead and scheduled my next appointment (my 16 week appointment, when I will be almost 18 weeks) and next ultrasound (the week of Christmas!).

I think I'm more symptomatic now than I have been the entire first trimester? I'm more nauseous and tired now, and I'm noticing smells more now. I'm awaiting the magical day when this all fades and I get energy back (also, at some point don't pregnant ladies feel warm all the time? that will be an exciting day for me too!).

What's new in your worlds? Is anyone else finding out about the gender or deciding on names? What about nursery ideas?

14. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@Clementine12: I'm 11 1/2 weeks and starting to feel better, finally! I hope your symptoms clear up soon!

We aren't finding out the gender, and we don't have a nursery to decorate, but we will need to decorate DD's "big girl" room and will move her in there this spring.

Have you thought of a theme for your nursery? Do you have any predictions as to whether baby will be a boy or a girl?

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: Thank you! I've been calling her by her name just so I can get used to the fact that I'm actually having a daughter! I was so prepared to only have sons that I'm still shocked (but thrilled!)

We aren't doing a nursery yet because she'll be in our room for the first year or so. My boys share a room and our third bedroom is currently my office. I've always kept my babies in our room for awhile and whenever I'm ready to move her out, I'll move most of my office stuff to the baby corner of our room. Also, I'm a newborn/family photographer so the third bedroom is also currently full of a ton of props

16. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@LemonJack: If I had to guess, I think a girl - we'll see how accurate I am come May I'm inheriting a forest green dresser and bookcase (and eventual twin bed) so we'll be going with a forest-themed nursery - and I'm very grateful to not have to purchase a lot of furniture. That room is currently painted blue so I have a lot of work to do!

@lilteacherbee: My parents had two girls then a boy, and my husband's family had two boys then a girl. I think it's a great dynamic!

17. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

How many of you are working moms? When will you tell your work?

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: I'm self-employed as a photographer, so I'll just stop booking people at a certain point. I had my other two babies while I was teaching- I told my bosses early (around 6 weeks). In hindsight, I wouldn't have told that early with my second pregnancy because I think it definitely affected how my boss interacted with me and the choices she made.

19. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm debating if next week (right around 16 weeks) is good timing (still not showing in my regular clothes).

20. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

I work and told my boss at 12 weeks. I'm 16 wks tomorrow and people have started finding out because we had to do an annual thing for work and I had to let them know I was pregnant and a few staff were in the room with me - but I wasn't trying to keep it a secret at this point. I've been showing for a while now but hiding it decently well at work, though wouldn't be shocked if some have guessed by now. I just feel awkward about making a big announcement so I'm happy to let the grapevine do it. I don't have any close friends at work.

21. Mrs. Deer

@lilteacherbee: my work new early since I wasn't feeling well and I had to back out of helping with an X-ray. I was kind of annoyed at first but I feel like healthcare settings are often predominantly women, so everyone's been really understanding. I will say though, I've found people are definitely less enthused to congratulate you on a third baby! At least a few of my coworkers, sheesh.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Deer: Yep, same here (with the third baby). Most everyone just gets super excited when they find out she's a girl. I've heard lots of "You finally got your girl!" Ugh #1- I wanted 3 kids regardless of gender and #2- I would have been just as excited with 3 boys (and we're definitely stopping at 3 no matter what!).

23. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

Ack! I missed so many updates! I told work almost unmediately because I couldn't take certain patients or do certain things (ICU nurse). It's hard to keep pregnancy a secret because of that.

I am 14 weeks tomorrow and I feel huge! I feel like things are stretching and pulling. I am definitely showing. I haven't gained that much weight but I am way bigger this time than last pregnancy at this far along. How's everyone else feeling?

24. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Emsmems: I'm 15 weeks and up about 4-5 lbs, but I feel huge! It's pretty obvious that this is my third baby My bump is probably equivalent to my 22ish week bump with LO1.

25. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Anyone telling family over thanksgiving? Immediate family knows but we're telling extended family and friends over the holiday so I'm excited!

26. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

This is technically my third child so I also feel huge... there are quite a few of my friends who are pregnant and are further along than me and I feel bigger than ALL of them.

I'm 14 weeks and 4 days now so this baby is officially a day older than its older brother was when we said goodbye. Told everyone on the weekend and now am waiting for my checkup on Wednesday... I'm sure that this baby is ok but there is still that niggling in the back of my mind like... oh what happens if the baby isn't ok and I've just gone and told everyone....

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Everyone basically knows by this point. We made a social media announcement at 12 weeks and I'm 15.5 weeks now, so it's trickled down to most extended family members. Exciting for you, though!

@Mrs Music: I'm sure those emotions are hard I wasn't as far along as you, but I had a loss before my first baby and I know subsequent pregnancies are nerve-wracking.

28. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@lilteacherbee: fun! We didn't tell family until 12 weeks and won't do social media until after my anatomy scan probably. I'm 16+4 and only just told my immediate coworkers today (though I would think some might have suspected...). So we're a little slower than most at spreading the news. It feels good to get it out though! Although I still always feel like I'm jinxing things.

29. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MenagerieMama: we are telling extended family over thanksgiving! Then we will put our announcement on social media! So excited!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: I felt like I was jinxing things announcing that she's a girl I know the genetic blood tests are super accurate, but I was so shocked that I felt like I couldn't really believe it! And then there's the general anxieties produced by my miscarriage a few years ago. I don't ever truly feel "safe" until the baby is in my arms.

When is everyone's anatomy scan? Mine is Dec 2nd and I can't wait to see her again!

31. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@lilteacherbee: I hear you! I thought with a healthy pregnancy since my miscarriage I would be less nervous, but not so much!

My anatomy scan is December 1st! Can't wait

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Yes! I'm a *little* less paranoid after having two healthy babies since my loss, but the fear never really goes away.

Eeeek! Are you team green or are you finding out?

33. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@lilteacherbee: definitely finding out. I'm too type A to wait although I wish I had the guts to!

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Haha same here! Definitely
    not patient enough for TG! I mean, I was anxious enough at 12 weeks waiting for the news 😂

35. BrandNewMom

cherry / 193 posts

@lilteacherbee: No way! My almost 3 year old is Annabelle Mae! Congrats on baby girl!

It's been forever since I checked in! 17w today, still don't know gender and OB still hasn't scheduled my anatomy scan. NT scan they thought maybe boy, emergency 15w scan (I thought my water broke, spoiler alert: I peed myself) they thought maybe girl but were only 30% sure since baby kept flipping over. I finally stopped vomiting every day as of 4 days ago!

I ran the Marine Corps Marathon three weeks ago! So that was fun. Nothing quite like hurling in a porta potty before running 26.2 miles

I'm loving the second baby bump. I look the same now at 17w as I did at 24/28w with my first, which is pretty cool!

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@BrandNewMom: Awww! I love it! And omg, you're awesome!! I used to run, but haven't gotten back into it since having my second baby. This one is our last, so hopefully I'll get it together once she's born 😉

Yes on the baby bump! I'm 16 weeks with #3 and there's definitely no hiding it at this point!

37. BrandNewMom

cherry / 193 posts

Update: LIES EVERYWHERE, spent all day yesterday hurling not out of the woods yet.

38. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@BrandNewMom: holy crap! A marathon pregnant and sick?! No way! You are amazing!!!

I'm still nauseous too Tried stopping my Diclegis again and it did not go well. I'm thinking maybe it's a girl because last time I was done being nauseous right at 12 weeks. 15w now and still going strong

My bump is large and in charge. A friend who is pregnant for the first time posted her bump pic at 24 weeks and I am as big if not bigger than her. Yikes!

39. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Hello! Latecomer here. I'm 14 weeks with baby #2- a girl!

40. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Anya: congrats and welcome!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee