Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Interesting! I wonder how that'll be for me. I have a B/C, so that's gonna be fun. Lol! No smell yet on the CM, but I hope the abundance of watery CM is a good sign. I might be tempted to use an FRER to see if the line is darker.

@bushelandapeck: I called my OB's office right away. I have no idea when my period will be since I have PCOS and needed help to induce it for this cycle. I think that's why I'm still terrified. If I knew for sure that I already missed my period, I would feel more at ease. But having irregular periods makes me feel like it's gonna come any day now.

2. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Your period should come around 14 days after you ovulate, so if you made it past that point, you can relax a bit.
    I would be so tempted to take another test!!

3. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: That makes sense. My periods are pretty regularly 28-30 days so it's easier to figure mine out. I'm also hesitant to call too soon since the appointments are going to be tricky with my part-time work schedule and already having 2 kids to work around. lol

As for the test, I have taken those weeks estimator tests with my last two pregnancies and I found those to be reassuring. Maybe do that if you're worried??

4. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Yeah...I know, but I can't help but wonder that it's a trick.

@bushelandapeck: I don't think the weeks estimator one is being made anymore. Trust me, girl, I tried hunting it down!

5. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@mrskansas: ok so Weds 11AM would mean approx Thursday night 11pm. Maybe slightly later as you suggested (like Friday 2am). So that would be O and I would consider late Friday 1dpo. Does that make sense?

I know what you mean about being scared. I actually am in the midst of a chemical right now. I got a faint BFP 2 Fridays ago (unexpected and in a way not good since I'm transferring in June). It got slightly darker for like 48 hours and then plateaued for 48 hours and then got lighter and lighter. On Friday (one week from initial BFP) the line was almost nonexistent and I started bleeding. Actually a blessing in disguise for me, but still was a little sad it wasn't my miracle.
    I wondered if I would have rather not known at all. But in the end I think I'm glad I knew and I don't think it'll impact my early testing in the future. I'll just be more guarded with my bfps.
    ETA: I've had 2 missed MCs before but this was my first chemical. So the idea that lines might not get darker was foreign to me.

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yeah the weeks estimator isn't available anymore in the US!
    I would take a FRER but only if you already have one. Might as well not let it sit there

7. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: really??? Bummer! Maybe that's why I couldn't locate it yesterday. Booo.

@SweetiePie: I'm sorry you're going through a chemical right now.

8. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I don't have any more. I really shouldn't buy any either. I'll just wait until my appointment. I figured as long as I'm not bleeding, I'm still pregnant.

I hope we hear a heartbeat! I'll be 8 weeks 5 days when I see the OB.

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@SweetiePie: I lurk on the IVF thread so I saw your post about that. I'm sorry that happened This is never easy and having three (or maybe more) losses myself I'm just gun shy to everything. Unfortunately for me, my personality does not bode well with "ignorance is bliss" so I will probably end up testing out the trigger to see what happens.
    Ugh the anxiety!!

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yeah I heard there was a recall about it. Something about how women were confused between the time frames it was giving. Some women didn't realize that the weeks estimator was from the date of ovulation, not LMP. It was a product packaging clarity issue or something.

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yeah in that case I would just wait.
    I had my first ultrasound with my daughter at exactly 8 weeks and we saw a little gummy bear with a HB of 168! It's so exciting!

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Sweet! Ugh, this appt can't come soon enough!

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@mrskansas: Isn't it funny (not haha funny) the "maybe more" you realize with a chemical. It never occurred to me that I may have had more losses that were chemical. But now I'm remembering "periods" that were like this one - way heavier than usual and very different. And I'm like "oh. Oh. Wow, that was probably a chemical and I didn't even know it". I've had 2 others like this but didn't test with those because we weren't even trying. And now I realize it's a pretty good chance considering my condition that they were chemicals.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack! I meant to just comment on the trigger and got off topic. Will be lurking to watch for your BFP!

@bushelandapeck: Aw thanks 😊 I'm really ok. It happened quickly and like I said it's kind of a good thing considering my alternatives so I'm just focusing on my next BFP which will be a good thing. I may join the July POAS thread and hopefully everyone here is long gone by then!
    AND I think this scare got me more excited for when its real.

Congrats on your BFP!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@SweetiePie: No kidding. That's one reason I really don't like the trigger.. I'd rather catch chemicals than not know.
    But thank you for your insight! I appreciate it!

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@SweetiePie: I'm really sorry for your loss I know that especially given your situation it must have been really stressful. I'm glad you have a transfer coming up and I'll be thinking of you in July.

I found having a chemical after a later first trimester loss weirdly hard in some ways. Obviously physically it was way easier - and I think in the end emotional healing happened more quickly - but at least with the later loss I got to see the heartbeat a couple of times and I felt like I got something out of it. Whereas the chemical just felt like sheer limbo and disappointment...

17. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@periwinklebee: Aw thanks ❤
    Yes to the feelings with a chemical. I almost feel like it wasn't real. Like it didn't really happen. Especially since I got my "period" only a day or two later than usual. The later losses I had were way sadder but REAL. My DH isn't even considering this a loss and thought it was pointless to even tell my RE it happened. So that's the only part that's been hard, he isn't really acknowledging it at all. BUT I don't blame him - because from his perspective it IS like it didn't even happen. Ya know?

Anyway, sorry for your losses and hope you're not around here for long! xo

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Silently following along and rooting for everyone!

We had DD's birthday party yesterday, and she will be 2 Wednesday!! I'm holding off on starting obsessive early testing until then. I'll be 7dpo lol.

19. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I tested this am. BFN. I shouldn't be surprised. But there's always that little bit of hope towards the end of the cycle! I'm expecting AF to arrive on Wednesday.

20. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dc yoga bee: such a cute cake! I hope your DD has a happy birthday!!

21. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@SweetiePie: I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you in the coming weeks and hope everything goes smoothly for you with the transfer.

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Happy birthday to your daughter! Such a cute cake.

@jhd: I'm sorry about the negative.

23. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: thanks. I hope this TWW goes by quick for you.

24. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@jhd: aw I'm sorry for your bfn.

25. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jhd: Awww booooo. Hopefully AF stays away!

26. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@SweetiePie: @Mrs. Oreo: thanks, ladies

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@SweetiePie: My husband was very similar, I barely talked with him about it. And I told a friend IRL who's response was "5 weeks? I wouldn't have even known I was pregnant then" [then continues without
    a pause chatting about random stuff]. Thankfully the support here was awesome and really helped me through it.

@jhd: I'm so sorry about the bfn Is your RE appt this month, or later this summer? I'm so hoping that things will work out soon...

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks we can get a referral to the RE anytime. I go back and forth. Some days I want to give it a little more time, other days I want to go ahead with the RE. We have a beach vacation with the ILs planned for June. Hoping that will help me relax and maybe give me some clarity on how I want to proceed. DH will go with whatever I want!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jhd: I hope the vacation is relaxing and brings some clarity. If you do decide to see the RE, you can always go ahead with testing and potentially try for awhile longer before doing treatments. My impression is that this is pretty common, especially with an unexplained diagnosis...

30. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@jhd: I agree with @periwinklebee: about the RE. It took me a month to even get an appointment so it can't hurt to start exploring that option. You can always decline treatment or testing if you change your mind.
    I hope you have a great vacation!

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I am having insane amounts of pinching/cramping on the side I ovulated from. I'm assuming it's just the corpus luteum(s) but it's kinda annoying.

As I was walking into work this morning I was thinking about how to find coordinating outfits for boy/girl twins... I have officially lost my mind!!!

32. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@bushelandapeck: No denying those! congrats!!!

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: girlfriend can we be friends! I wasn't looking at minivans online thinking omg if we have twins we will need a minivan for sure! And I may have thought of names. Then I was like umm you have to get pregnant with one first!

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Haha that is so me. I've been thinking about that possibility wayyyy too much, especially since I've had problems just getting pregnant with 1!
    But we can dream, right?!

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: yes! I'm 5dpo, and had a slight cramp on right side. But, it was probably because I'm hungry since I had two eggs from the left!

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Mine were on the right and I've definitely noticed lots of "sensations" in that area but it could be anything.
    It's going to be a long TWW for us...

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: yesterday I got nauseas and lightheaded cleaning the tub. I'm sure it's side effects of progesterone supplement. And I just had cramping on my left side taking a flight of stairs!

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yeah the progesterone really messes with me. I always have crazy dreams on it which in the past I've only had when I was pregnant.
    I'm pretty sure that if you release two follicles, you will have two corpus luteums, which would explain why we are experiencing more cramping than normal. I just keep thinking... 2 eggs are double the chances at 1 healthy babe!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: Yes, I so so hope this is it for us! I had crazy vivid dreams with my DD. But, I started having them again even when not pregnant, and not on progesterone!

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Isn't it lovely how our bodies like to change things up on us? Especially when TTC. Ugh.
    But I am feeling hopeful for both of us!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee