3. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bushelandapeck: congrats!

4. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bushelandapeck: Congrats!!!

5. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dc yoga bee: @periwinklebee: @jhd: @2littlepumpkins: thank you!!! Feels surreal. Not sure how the heck I am going to manage three kids! Haha

6. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: just a whole new kind of ride with 3 kiddos! 😜 Did you tell DH yet?

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bushelandapeck: haha! When are you due???

8. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

I'm so excited for everyone who got their BFP this month!!! 😍😍😍

I'm hoping someone can help. I've never used OPKs before, but since my cycle is all weird (haven't had a period since before I got pregnant with M - January 2016). So, on a whim, since I was feeling crampy today (sometimes a symptom I get with O), I did an OPK. This is positive right?! So we should BD tonight and maybe again Monday? TIA 😁

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I haven't. Going to wait until I can take an FRER and the line is actually something he can see. Haha. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday. Gotta figure out a cute way to tell him other than "so I guess we need a bigger car...."

@2littlepumpkins: based on LMP its 2/2. Some of the apps say 1/29-2/2. My kids were both born on their due dates and they were based off my LMP but I used to ovulate a few days later so who knows.

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Bernieboo: the test line has to be as dark as the control, so no, it isn't positive. Keep testing!

11. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@mrskansas: so does a light line mean you're getting close? I have literally no clue where I am in my cycle, so I don't want to test a whole bunch of times if I'm not close.

12. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Bernieboo: There is always LH in your system, so it usually will show a line. Some women have a "fade in" pattern and some get super light lines until it suddenly turns positive. If you don't have a bunch of cheap tests, I would track CM and then when you notice EWCM, use an OPK to confirm.

ETA: if your little one is only 7/8 months old, are you still nursing?

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bushelandapeck: oh yay near Valentines day!! so sweet.

14. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@mrskansas: OK. I do have a bunch, because I bought the huge combo pack of Wondfos from Amazon. I'm just worried that I'll be testing every day for a month and I don't want to stress myself out like that. I've never been able to track my cm. I guess I will try to continue temping and see if I can get an idea. Thanks 😊

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Bernieboo: Unfortunately, your OPK is negative. You always have LH in your system so there will always be a second line. A positive is one where the test line is as dark as or darker than the test line. Since you haven't had your first PP period, it's really hard to tell where you are in your cycle unless you test every day or temp. Here's a pic showing OPK progression from before and after ovulation. This person got their positive on CD 19 and probably ovulated the next day (the first negative after.) I hope things start moving along for you!

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: ......so did you take the FRER? 😜

17. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I didn't! I'm getting a mani/pedi right now while the kids are napping(DH is home) and then I'm going to hit the store on my way back and grab a couple. I have one I'm going to use if I can manage a 4 hour hold

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: Excited to see your FRER this morning!

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

So 36-40 hours after my trigger shot would have been really early Friday morning (like 2 AM). Would Friday be ovulation day or 1 DPO?
    I know it doesn't really matter but my obsessive self needs to know, lol.

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: I say 1 dpo

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Well at least that puts me at 4 DPO! I'll take it, haha.

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: really hoping this is your month!!

Here it is guys! I told DH and he's very excited. I told him to start saving for a bigger car

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yay! Congrats!

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: Thank you! I am slightly terrified. lol.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: I think that's a normal reaction to a positive pregnancy test, especially when it's for #3! You are going to do great though!

26. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: YAHOO!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Anyone have any thoughts or reasoning to either testing out the trigger or not? Ideally I'd like to just wait until 13/14 DPO to test but in all honesty I don't know if I can resist unless I have my husband hide my cheapies. Help? Wednesday will be 7 days past trigger so I would probably start then.

28. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: How are you doing?

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: thank you!!

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I'm okay. Still terrified I'll see some blood on TP. Still cramping. Nipples and boobs are getting more sore. I'm trying not to get attached, but staying hopeful. I definitely didn't expect to feel like this with my first pregnancy. I thought I'd be on cloud 9! I got there for like a few minutes then the fear of it not sticking set in and has been lingering. Terrible to do, but I can't help it!

Maybe it's a good idea for DH to hide the cheapies! ....but then keep a couple to yourself for when you're really itching. Wednesday sounds reasonable!

31. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

May POAS

periwinklebee, mrslibrarian, Mrs. Oreo, bushelandapeck

5/24- jhd
    5/26- dc yoga bee
    5/27- petitenoisette
    5/28- catchafallingstar
    5/31- peacelily

TBD: LindsayInNY, lilyofthewest, Mrs.Panda, GingerBlonde, Journeytooursweetbabyb

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: when is your due date? Do you have an appointment scheduled yet?

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I understand, it's scary. But it's a really good sign that your symptoms are intensifying! That's how I knew things were going well with my daughter... I went from a B at 4 weeks to a DD at 8 weeks!

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: My due date is Jan 25 based on my ovulation date of May 5. I have a feeling it's that or Jan 26. I used BabyMed's due date calculator.

My first OB appt is on June 21! So, lightyears away.

When's yours?!

35. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: WHOA! DH is gonna loooove that Oh, and definitely have more watery CM. For the last few days I kept wondering if I was peeing myself! I've definitely been exploring the netherlands way more during TTC than I ever thought I would in my life....

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: OMG it was amazing. I loved it! They got even bigger when I was breastfeeding and I miss it every single day.
    I had a ton of watery CM also... and TMI but it smelled different. Not bad, just slightly stronger than my non-pregnant discharge and it got more abundant as I progressed.

37. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@mrskansas: Lurking and wanted to answer your trigger questions
    36 hours after trigger is when you ovulate. So Saturday at 2am would be 1dpo. For IVF I trigger 36 hours before my retrieval (like to the minute) so there's no way you can ovulate before the 36 hours.

As for testing out trigger, I think it just depends on personality. I'm an obsessive tester (I start at 8dpo or 3dp5dt) so I would want to test it out and then around 14dpo gauge if it's getting darker or lighter still. I think that if you don't test it out, you just need to test a few times after 13/14 dpo to ensure it's getting darker.

Good luck!

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I haven't called my OB's office yet as I haven't even officially missed my period. I don't think they care until that point. I plan on giving them a call early next week. I have a history of a loss at 10 weeks so I'm hoping they will get me in for an early ultrasound this time too (they did for DD). Also, because I am over 35, they will offer the blood screening sometime around 10 weeks, I believe.

39. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Mine were HUGE when I was pregnant and BF but have since shrunk down to being non existent. haha. I'm sure my DH is looking forward to that perk as well.

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@SweetiePie: I triggered Wednesday morning around 11 AM, so I think (hope) I ovulated by Friday morning! Right? I don't know, it's Monday and maybe I'm calculating wrong!

I'm also an obsessive tester, so usually I do better testing it out. Last month just really messed with me. I had a negative FRER at 8 DPO (10 days past trigger) and then a line again at 9 DPO and I'm afraid of something similar happening again

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee