Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: i'm shocked that the weeks estimator test didn't give you 3+, but I think they were pulled off the market because of errors like that.

Your HCG level is great though! Super happy for you!

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: it's a wondfo. I was worried about a false positive too but maybe it's less likely since it came up on two? But it could be a bad batch too.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@bushelandapeck: girl I see that clear as day!!!

4. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Thanks

Yeah, apparently there was some sort of protracted lawsuit by the company that makes FRER. I think as much as the darkness of the line means something, any pee test is not going to be quantitative...

Too bad that theranos thing - that claimed to be able to test stuff with a drop of blood - was a scam - I wish I could prick my finger to test my blood hcg whenever

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yeah if it's a Wondfo I wouldn't worry. Those have always been reliable.

When will you take a FRER?

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Wouldn't that be amazing?! One day when we are all too old for babies they will come out with something like that...

7. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: oh man....I think I'm in denial. Lol. We are headed to out lake house this weekend so I'll probably wait to take one on Subday when we get back-mid morning. I'm going to bring two wondfos with me to see if the line changes.

8. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@bushelandapeck: looks real to me, wondfos pick up crazy low hcg! Can't wait to see the next one!

@periwinklebee: yay for good numbers!!!

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: At least you have a good distraction!
    Fingers crossed for you!

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: I see it too!!!! My bad batch of easy@home showed the same so I used a Walmart one to see if it was legit (the pics I showed you all). Time for an FRER!!!

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: yay for your betas!!!

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: happy TWW! 🌷😜

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Lol, my true fantasy would be to be able to take the genetic test at like 4 weeks Betas and early ultrasounds are nice, but having had a loss after great betas and seeing a heartbeat, it is just not nearly as much information as knowing the genetics...But yeah, can't change the current state of technology so I just have to work on patience and low expectations...

@Mrs. Oreo: @bhbee: Thanks guys. So much better than my first beta of 38 with the CP - after that I wasn't very optimistic, so it's a relief.

14. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@periwinklebee: so glad the betas are looking good!

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: I totally understand. I'm rooting for you so hard!

16. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: yay! I know nothing about betas but that seems like a nice high number. I hope you can have a relaxing weekend while waiting for your next draw. Thinking of you!

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: @jhd: Thank you guys I'm rooting for both of you so hard too

So, it turns out my hcg is too high for another draw to be informative. Dating ultrasound scheduled for next Wed instead - I think it's their standard practice to schedule one as soon as they'll be able to see something if your LMP was a miscarriage.

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: That's good news! Less waiting

19. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@bushelandapeck: Fingers super crossed for you!!!

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Yup, no complaints. I'll be around 6 weeks which I think is a bit borderline for seeing a heartbeat, and if you see one it could be pretty low. Already telling myself not to freak out if we don't see it, but of course who am I kidding

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: With your HCG being that high I would think you should be able to see a heartbeat.
    I was looking at Beta Base earlier and your level is almost double the normal, so that can't be anything but a positive sign!

22. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: Wednesday cannot come soon enough! I'll be living through you since I don't have an appointment until 6/21.

23. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: @mrskansas: TWINSIES?!

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I didn't want to be the one to say it, but...

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I've read like all of the zillion facts about betas on this site - and what you can see at varying hcg levels - http://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-blood-level-by-week-during-pregnancy#. It says you should be able to see a heartbeat with hcg above 11,000, but it could require hcg above 22,000. I'm sure it depends on the equipment and skill of the tech and orientation of the uterus. In Jan we saw a hb of 85 at around 6+3 and it was torture not knowing if the low rate was a sign of non-viability or just because the heart had just started beating. Hopefully I'll avoid that rabbit hole this time...

26. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: @mrskansas: Hah hah, not funny You guys did inspire me to check betabase and I would be below average for 24dpo with twins, so....

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I think the twins on this POAS thread are going to come from the bees with multiple follicles

28. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: I'll be thinking twins until proven otherwise! @mrskansas: Agreed about the multiple follicles. *wink wink*

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: I've always thought I would have twins but it's just so unlikely that I can't let my brain even go there.
    If I do get pregnant that will be one of my first thoughts though.

After I told my husband about the two follicles I had to reassure him that the risk is still really low of actually having twins, and his response was "you know it will happen to us then, right?" Three times now my OB has told us that she has never seen situations like I have been in so maybe I will be the rare case with Femara twins

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: hah hah, I hear you on not letting the brain go there. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility that my body could release one normal egg.

Your husband's response is great! Lol, I hope you keep defying the odds and end up with Femara twins!

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: I don't know if you've seen Despicable Me 2 but I watch it with my daughter all the time. There is a part in the movie where a wig shop owner is talking to the bald guy about being "follicly challenged" and I was like, wow, you know you have fertility issues when you immediately think, "hey! that's me!" Lol.

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

3dpo, can I test yet lol

33. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Lol, it's crazy how it's everywhere and yet that's never what they are actually talking about I swear that at least half of songs about breakup could be about pregnancy loss, but nothing is actually about this. Beyonce's next album?

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: lol! No judgment. We've all been there! 😂

35. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@dc yoga bee:

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: I know you're at your lake house and all, but are you REALLY not gonna FRER until tomorrow?!

37. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: haha! I didn't even bring one with me 😉 I did use a wondfo this morning though and the line is definitely still there! Lots of pinching in my uterus like with my previous pregnancies so I'm assuming this is the real deal. Going to wait to take a FRER or digital and then figure out a way to tell DH that doesn't involve our other kids because I don't want them to know.

38. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yay! yes, definitely a second line there! What dpo are you again?

39. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: 9, possibly 10.

40. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@bushelandapeck: Woohoo!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee