Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: this is part of the reason why I don't go to Target anymore. Lol.

Just don't forget your $3 coupon!
    http://www.firstresponse.com/en/Coupon-Offers

2. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrskansas: I'm catching up... thats so funny you tried it on your two year olds pee... but seriously?! Again! I mean obviously I don't make these things but how is it that they get it wrong so frequently?

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I don't understand it either. I would think that quality control would be a top priority when you're dealing with pregnancy tests!

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: that is dangerous to know about!

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Confession... I have three of them printed off and stored in my purse.

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: (also I am totally doing this)

7. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

Question...if I got a positive OPK Monday and negative Tuesday, would that make today 1dpo?

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: I would say 1 dpo!

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I have to print that off while I'm not at work and sharing a printer. Thanks!

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

My daughter has a belly button obsession and we were sitting down together last night and as usual she pulled my shirt up and I thought she was going to poke me like she usually does, but she bent down and kissed my belly! She has never done this. Of course with my crazy mind I immediately thought that she must know something I don't! Haha.

11. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: Thanks! I havent TTC in 2.5 years...I feel like the logisitics are slipping!

12. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@jodyblair: Are you still noticing the one-sided cramping? I'm having a lot of twinges on the side I ovulated from.
    5 DPO now and it's driving me crazy!

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: OMG haha I would have the same thought. FX for you!

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: The true test is our dog though. We have a lab and the last time I was pregnant she was constantly trying to stick her nose up my butt. Haha.
    I really do think animals have crazy intuition.

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

When do you guys typically start testing? I am only 2 dpo and am trying to figure it out. I am usually a late tester because of previous losses and am not sure if I would want to know about a CP. With my son, I tested at 12 dpo.

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Coral: when I knew I ovulated, I tested starting at 7dpo.

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Coral: In order to protect my sanity I HAVE to be a late tester. I'm an anxious person and after my last experience ttc and some other relatively mild health issues I just am not trusting enough of my body to trust a squinter anyway. I'd rather not know about a chemical. I know that's probably not the norm on HB but hopefully it'll work out for me.

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrskansas: your dog😂😂😂

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: I would try to hold out until 12 DPO. Testing early is such a mind f#ck. Waiting will at least give you a clear answer. And there is nothing like seeing a dark line come up immediately. Much better than going cross eyed trying to see a line!

20. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: @2littlepumpkins: I completely agree. I think I am going to stick with 12dpo since it's a Sunday and that will give me time to process whatever the answer is as opposed to a work day. I would prefer 14+ but I don't want to test during the morning scramble.

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: I used to start testing at 10dpo, but now I prefer to just wait for AF unless I feel implantation (which I have very distinctively with both and never with a ).

With my chemical my period was a full week late, so I couldn't have avoided knowing about it, but if it happens early enough not to know I'd prefer that. Plus I just have bad memories of seeing bfns.

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: I think that's a good plan!

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: What does implantation feel like for you?

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Very distinct pinching/cramping in a specific place in my uterus (as opposed to AF cramps, which feel like the entire thing contracting).

Last month I started feeling it and thought I was imaging things, but it got stronger to the point where 1) I felt it when I was doing a tough workout, when my mind was definitely not on it, 2) it woke me up as I was falling asleep. And sure enough, got a the next morning.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Interesting! I've never felt it before.
    Yesterday I was having some really sporadic but noticeable cramps, and I never cramp, not even during my period. It's much too early for implantation but it made me wonder what it actually felt like.

26. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Ugh I just had to get on here and rant. Facebook ruined my day. Long story but I'll try to simplify it as much as possible. Basically my college ex married my best friend's sister. They have been pregnant most of the time we've been ttc this past year / 13 cycles...and they just had their baby and Facebook told me because I'm obviously still friends with my best friend. FML. I just want my baby =[.

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: I'm sorry. Fundamentally I feel the same way - I just want my baby. Since that's not going to happen anytime soon, I'm trying to be fulfilled/distracted by other stuff. It's a struggle and I can't say it's working (really at all) yet. There's a fair amount of pretty tedious work stuff to finish over the next few weeks, which definitely isn't helping me feel fulfilled/distracted with life as is.

28. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Tionn3: Sorry, that stinks. We all just want our baby. I see a lot of pregnancy announcements, pics, and newborn pics on my Facebook feed and for the most part, I'm really happy. But with friends or family I'm closer with, it stings a little more.

29. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: It just hurts so much more that it's my ex's and he is married to my best friend's sister. It's not like I can stop being friends with my best friend. It also sucks to see someone that treated me so poorly get the one thing I want in my life right now.

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Tionn3: I'm so sorry. Not sure if unfollowing her sister (or your BFF if needed) and blocking your ex would help filter your newsfeed so it's not so visible?

31. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: funny thing, my ex blocked ME on Facebook when I dumped him in college. I'm definitely not friends with the sister on Facebook, I would have to unfollow or unfriend my bff...which would suck...maybe I should just deactivate my account

32. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Tionn3: You can unfollow your BFF without defriending her. I dunno how often you talk or see each other, but at least you'll have control of WHEN or IF you want to see her page because of anything baby related with her sister that might show up. I've unfollowed so many pregnant friends and ones with newborns because of this.

33. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

On to May....

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: 5/12 ish
    POAS Date: 5/24
    Baby #: 3
    What's up this month: OPKs, hopefully better timing with BD, just hoping for the best! Looking forward to Mothers Day and having some drinks with friends this weekend.
    For Fun: I wasn't named after anyone but my middle name is a variation of my grandmothers name.

34. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I kind of dropped off the April board. Got to POAS twice in April and both were negative, of course! We'll see if I'm able to keep up better this month.

Cycle Day: 2
    TTC Cycle: 10
    Ovulation Date: Usually get a positive opk on CD14
    POAS Date: 5/24
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: I'm starting my first Whole 30 on May 1. DH is doing it with me. I am excited to make my health a priority and I may skip the OPKs this month. We have to travel (not for fun) around O time anyway so I can't pressure myself for perfect timing.
    For Fun: I'm not named for anyone. My parents had my name picked out for a long time before I came along, but I should ask about why they chose it!

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: @jhd: Sorry about the negatives in April but good luck in May

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I still had a really faint line on a Wondfo this morning and I have about 8 left so I've decided to go ahead and be obsessive and test every day from now on. I also have 5 (yes, 5) FRERs so I'm not sure when I'll start using those.

Oh and I ate Hostess cupcakes for breakfast and almost cried at a Zillow commercial on the radio. Hormones.

37. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: thank you. i am really hoping this is your month! and you can't go wrong with cake for breakfast!

38. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Cycle Day: Day 2 post miscarriage from last cycle.
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: don't know when (or even if) I'll ovulate in May, but, it feels better to do something than nothing...so, I'm going to start tracking again.
    POAS Date: TBD, but, early and often. I'll start st 7 or 8 DPO.
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: Going to my college reunion and then going to orientation for my grad school program. I'm going to have 3 nights sleeping alone without LO nursing all night!
    For Fun: Since this month was named after a fertility goddess, were you named after anyone? Nope!

39. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

May POAS

BFP:

5/6- Umbreon
    5/7- mrskansas; coral
    5/8- Tionn3; periwinklebee; bhbee
    5/16- dominobee
    5/24- jhd; bushelandapeck
    5/27- petitenoisette

TBD: Mrs. Oreo, YogiBeachWife, LindsayInNY, lilyofthewest

40. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

3dpo and feeling crampy...this is going to be a long wait...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee