grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LBarn: Welcome!

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: Welcome!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hi, I'm a "NewBee" (* newbie), so, please, bear with me. 😊

I think I may be out this cycle but there is still hope ... There is ALWAYS hope, right?
    Here goes:

Cycle Day: 20
    TTC Cycle: 28 mos (2 yrs and 4 mos)
    Ovulation Date: 17 April 18
    POAS Date: I began on 7 dpo (BFN on 10 miu test), today is 9 dpo (BFN on 10 miu) ... I have a 23-day cycle so 13 dpo (30 Apr) is when AF should begin and I should test on 1 May if she doesn't show.
    Baby #: 3 (* I have "Unexplained Secondary Infertility")

Best of Luck to all of you!

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Welcome! Fingers crossed for you!

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you so very much! I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed until I test again. Lol.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

May POAS

POAS dates:

Lily of the West: 5/1
    Kaohinani: 5/1
    Sam's Mom: 5/4
    Spinny: 5/7
    AFC061018: 5/11
    LBARN: 5/11
    LAZB: 5/12ish?
    MAMABEAR87: TBD
    Shantuck: TBD

Best of luck to everyone!

8. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

I haven't done one of these in months but I'm feeling good about our timing this cycle.

Cycle Day: 24
    TTC Cycle: 1 1/2 Years
    Ovulation Date: April 20
    POAS Date: May 4 (may the fourth be with me)
    Baby #: 2

Good luck, ladies!

9. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

I have had a horrible day. First, I went in for my second midcycle u/s to see if anything had grown since Tuesday. Nothing. No change at all in follicle size or lining. They're wondering if I either o'd on my own (today is cd13 so that'd be really early for me if I already o'd) or if I'm not going to. Also, maybe the cysts are doing something after all. So we decide to do blood work and test LH and progesterone and try to figure out what's happened.

So I go down to the lab. The tech, who is very nice and has done my draws multiple times now without issue, sticks my left arm and I immediately feel a tingling zap and numbness in my left thumb. I tell her this, and she tries to reposition the needle. SO unpleasant. My whole hand goes numb. It's hurting. So she takes out the needle and does the draw on my right arm. By the time she's done, my left arm's vein has swollen and my whole arm is throbbing. I have a knot of swelling developing. It's AWFUL.

Now it's been a few hours and the pain has lessened. The swelling had been getting worse, but I think it's beginning to stop growing and go down now. I am so emotional over the scan and I'm at work trying to hold it together while I basically can't use my left arm.

What am I supposed to do with the trigger shot I already paid for? Can I refigerate it?

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@afc061018: I'm so sorry to read that your day is so upsetting. I can sympathize and I truly feel for you. As for the trigger shot; it would depend on the type of medication. I would call the pharmacy or prescribing physician to find out. Also, the following may (or may not) be helpful:
    https://rosemontpharmacy.com/fertility-medications-and-storage-information/

Best of luck.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@afc061018: Is your arm doing any better? Did you find out if you can refrigerate your trigger shot if it turns out you have already ovulated or won't? I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this.

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@afc061018: oh man, I’m sorry, that is a terrible day. I have no idea about the trigger shot, but I bet it will stay good in the fridge

13. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: @LAZB: Thanks for the love. My arm is starting to bruise today and the knot of swelling is still there, but I'm able to bend it and use it, so it's improving.

As for my cycle, it's been cancelled for this month. My lining and the cysts are the issues. Two months ago, I had a 1.5-day period after the HSG. I thought it was due to the HSG bleeding, bc I had a fair bit. The dr who I saw that cycle for my midcycle u/s shrugged it off, so I did too. This past cycle, I had a 2.5-day period (I'm normally 5 days). When I saw my dr again at my day-3 u/s, she *didn't* shrug the short periods off and was concerned. Now my u/s shows that there's too much lining and I need to have a regular period. They believe the cysts are preventing things from moving along. So I have to go back on bc today for a month to help the cysts heal and then hopefully have a normal period. While I understand why, it's still incredibly frustrating, and I'm really bummed.

(Thank you for the link, @Kaohinani! I'm going to call my pharmacy today to double-check, but I think I can refrigerate the shot.)

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@afc061018: that is such a bummer, I’m sorry

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@afc061018: I'm glad it was of some help. I'm so sorry you are out this month. It is unbelievably frustrating, I know! I have short periods (2-4 days) and short cycles (23 -25 days) so I understand how disheartening it is when something that is supposed to be getting longer or is should be "more productive," just ISN'T and another month passes without a positive outcome. Anyway, while it may be easier said than done - have faith that things can only get better ... and that you have an entire community backing you up. <3. Feel better today.

16. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Hey everyone! I'm back. My + test from last month has turned to a chemical pregnancy. I'm going in Monday for another lab draw to make sure the levels have returned to zero.

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle: Who knows at this point. We have had 1 miscarriage, one horribly long drawn out ectopic pregnancy requiring a 3 month break afterwords, and now a chemical pregnancy. I have no clue how many months between there that we tried and didn't get pregnant.
    Ovulation Date: ?? May 9 maybe?
    POAS Date: May 25
    Baby #: 3

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Add me to the cheerleader list!

18. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Well, here I am again!

Cycle Day: CD 23
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: 4/21
    POAS Date: 5/1

With my husband’s work & travel schedule I thought we would miss the entire fertile window this month. Then, I ovulated 5 days earlier than last month on CD14 which means we caught O-1!
    So, I will test tomorrow!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

May POAS

POAS dates:

MsHangry: 5/1
    Raspberry: 5/4
    DrPepper: 5/25

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So after some uncertainty with my company at work (going through a revamp that may or may not pan out), this will be our last month TTC for a while. I have my annual appointment May 23, and as long as I'm not pregnant this month we will be waiting about 2 years to start TTC again. It makes me sad, but a little relieved, which doesn't feel right to me. I have started to question if I will be a good mom to 2 young kids, instead of spacing them out 4-5 years. It will also take some of the strain off of 2 in diapers, 2 in daycare... I know this isn't really relevant to the TTC boards, but I needed to get it out there. With my luck, I will be pregnant this month (I would be so happy if I am), it's just stressful.

21. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Ugh. How disappointing. I'm sorry to hear about your chemical... especially after all you have been through.

22. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

Cycle Day:26
    TTC Cycle:2
    Ovulation Date: 4/20
    POAS Date: 5/5

wow I cant believe its already been 2 years since ttc my son, time sure does fly! wishing BFP for everyone this month

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

May POAS

POAS dates:

MsHangry: 5/1
    Raspberry: 5/4
    FaithLove224: 5/5
    DrPepper: 5/25

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I know this is no longer Poas related but as I know a few are following along....an update on me. Beta blockers are not pregnancy safe so I have a consult in 2 weeks to do an ablation that will kill the extra electrical impulses and hopefully put this to rest. But we are on hold ttc until this is resolved. Hopefully we'll be able to start trying again before the end of summer

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: sucks you have to stop trying but fingers crossed for this month!

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: My husband has had some nerve ablations done in his back and he says they aren't too terrible, so hopefully yours won't be bad! It sucks that you have to put off TTC, but it's great that you have an answer too.

Thanks, I want another baby so bad, and we've been trying for 13 cycles now, so I feel terrible quitting and having a Nexplanon put in again. But it won't do us any good if I have to take a cut and am struggling financially with one child let alone 2. I know it's for the best, it just sucks.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: do they have to feed a catheter for the nerve ones? Lol that's what freaks me out, they have to feed a catheter up your femoral artery...😞😂😭

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I'll have to ask him tonight, it's been a few years ago. I do know it was out patient, so I just had to sit in the waiting room, and drive him home as soon as they cleared him from recovery.

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: yep this is outpatient and done under twilight but that's almost worse in my opinion. I have a consult in a couple weeks but barring anything super weird this is likely what we'll do since I want another baby

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm glad to hear you have a plan and hopefully it wont take too much time before you're back to TTC. I'm wishing you the best of luck!

31. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle: 1
    Ovulation Date: About May 16, but it is my first cycle off of birth control, so hard to predict.
    POAS Date: Around May 29, depending on when I ovulate. I'm shooting for around 12 or 13 DPO
    Baby #: 3

Having a third seems sort of crazy to me, but we are going for it.

32. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mdf106: Welcome! We're trying for a third as well!

33. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Sams Mom: delurking to say that the almost exactly 4 year gap between kids isn’t what I wanted but I had to change jobs and wait to be FMLA eligible. It’s been really great so far - my kiddo understands the new baby so much better than my friends with an 18m old; she is so excited to be helpful and she will actually be helpful, we’ve been done with diapers for 18 months and she takes herself to the bathroom when she needs to go; we only have to pay $700 a week for two kids in daycare for 8-9 months; and I really cherish the extra two years I’ve gotten to spend with just her.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Thank you! My son turned 2 about a month ago, and if I had my way with my original plan I would have already had a couple month old baby by then... It's probably for the best that my plan didn't work, but it feels so weird going through 3 months of clomid and then showing up to my annual well woman to get a 3 year birth control in with plans to keep it in for a couple years.

I can definitely see where having a potty trained helpful 4 year old could be a lot better than a not potty trained not fully understanding younger child. I know it's the right thing to do, I'm just having a hard time accepting it after trying to have another baby for 13 cycles.

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: thanks!

Currently freaking out over here because we had unprotected sex 8 days before I ovulated. Lol someone assure me all the sperm died way too early! (This was before we knew I had the heart thing and that I would have to be on meds. No unprotected since!)

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i can totally commiserate on plans being changed. I really wanted a less than 3 year gap and that went up in flames this month. It's so hard to let go of what you picture your family being

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you, I know plans hardly ever work, but you put it well that it's hard to let go of that ideal.

As to the unprotected sex, this is the only time this ok to say, I hope all his swimmers got lost and died too soon.

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: apparently 5 days is crazy long for them to live so I think we're likely fine but dear God it would be awful.

I'm so thankful for my daughter and have realized that she has a wonderful life whether she has a sibling or not. I'm sure you're son is the same!

39. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Today is my little's 3rd birthday, and I got a . It is hard to feel happy/excited after 4 losses in the last year...but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.

When I was pregnant with LO I found out on my housemate's birthday. Can I be superstitious and take it as a sign that this pregnancy will be good too?

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congratulations! I know it's hard to be excited after suffering losses, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and in my prayers. I would take it as a good sign that it's another birthday positive! Especially since its your little girl's birthday!

@MamaBear87: Good! I was thinking 5 days, but I can't remember what I've read from good sources, and what I've read from crazy Dr. Google.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee