Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2018 POAS

1. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congratulations!

@Sams Mom: I hope your job situation is quickly and favorably sorted out. I do think there are a lot of advantages to a bigger age gap.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

POAS dates:

Lily of the West: 5/1
    Kaohinani: 5/1
    MsHangry: 5/1
    Sam's Mom: 5/4
    Raspberry: 5/4
    FaithLove224: 5/5
    Spinny: 5/7
    AFC061018: 5/11
    LBARN: 5/11
    LAZB: 5/12ish?
    DrPepper: 5/25
    MDF106: 5/29
    MAMABEAR87: TBD
    Shantuck: TBD

Best of luck to everyone!

Lily of the West

3. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@lilyofthewest: Great news to kick off the month! Congratulations.

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@lilyofthewest: congrats! Sending all the good vibes for a sticky bean ☺

5. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Sams Mom: My little ones are 4 years apart and while it wasn't what I wanted originally (took me several losses and 14 months to conceive my second), it has actually been pretty great. When LO2 arrived, my son was potty trained, able to dress himself, able to get himself a snack, etc. I also had the ability to leave him alone in the room with the baby and trust that he wouldn't touch her or hurt her if I had to run to the bathroom, etc. Now that my younger one is 18 months, they are even starting to play together. I think the ease with which LO2 joined the family is a big reason as to why I'm here trying for a third. I would imagine a closer age gap would have been a much bigger challenge from the parenting perspective.

6. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@lilyofthewest: Sending sticky vibes your way!

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Shantuck: Thank you for the insight! my older sister and I are 2 1/2 years apart, and my little sister and I are 23 months apart... So that's what I automatically wanted. I did punch my little sister the day they brought her home from the hospital and stopped walking for a month... So maybe that should have been my sign to space mine further apart.

I'm settling into the idea of a bigger gap more and more, and everyones reassurances has definitely helped. Now to find out if my acceptance is futile because I finally got pregnant this month.

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Ugh, let the irrational worry begin. I went to the chiropractor today because my body is a mess, and now I’m worried that the electrical stimulation will ruin my shot this month. I’m only 4 dpo, and he said I can do it before pregnancy, just stop when I am pregnant, but I’m still kicking myself. Also, my progesterone gives me pink discharge, so that’s always fun to see.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: o no! stim shouldn't hurt you, I'm neurotic about everything and my best friend is a chiro and she has told me time and time again that it's ok in the TWW. Having pink discharge would drive me crazy while looking for signs of early pregnancy. FX for you!

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: oh good, that makes me feel better that your friend says it’s ok too I started second guessing myself, like maybe I should emphasize to the chiro a little more that I am trying to be pregnant, but I guess he probably got the picture. The progesterone pills are deep red, so I shouldn’t have been too surprised with the pink discharge, but it’s still a little odd to see!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Okay, so UPDATE. ➡ I JUST got back from the OBGYN and I have news (not good but not bad --- just "news" in general). I am two 2 days late for AF (but only 14 dpo due to short cycles) and I keep testing BFN on 10 miu urine tests. Since implantation may occur between dpo 6-12, according to the ob-gyn, I wouldn't have enough HCG to test even with a qualitative/quantitative blood test sooo, he would like to see me back in a week (if AF still doesn't come). If I do come on, he wrote out a script for Clomid (to take cycle days 5-9) as 2 yrs and 5 mos at 38 years old is "pushing the ticking time bomb" (* not my words. Lol). Also, my FSH, TSH, prolactin, LH, T3, T4, Testosterone and all other levels which were tested 2 weeks back were PERFECT so he is hoping I am preggers OR that it will ONLY take a single round on Clomid (*Fingers crossed*). Either way, I'm focusing on the positive. Good Luck to all you lovely ladies who have yet to test!

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congratulations! 🌌🎈🎉🎊. I'm SO excited for you! (And Happy Birthday 🎁 to your little boy as well!)

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@lilyofthewest: congratulations!

14. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congratulations!!! I have all my fingers crossed that this is your sticky baby!!!

My news for the day is that I think I might finally be ovulating (ya know, only like 10 days late...)!!! I finally got a positive digital OPK yesterday (after 12 days of positive or almost positive wondfos, and negative digitals) and I'm having some EWCM, so things are at least lining up. Hopefully I'll finally get a temp rise and be able to add myself to the list. I don't have a lot of hope this cycle since it's been so wacky, I'm just happy that if I know I ovulated I'll finally have a end date for this insanity and we can start fresh next month.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@BadgerMom: That is wonderful news!

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BadgerMom: glad your body is finally getting it together!

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: FX for you that you won't even need the Clomid and you're already pregnant!

@BadgerMom: Glad you finally got your positive! An unusual length follicular phase isn't as much of a problem as a major change in luteal phase length, FWIW. FX for you this month!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you so much! I need all the fingers (and toes, and eyes, and arms ...) crossed I can get. *chuckles* Keeping positive for the "Big Positive!"

19. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

BFN over here...then a few hours later AF started! More annoyed that it is only 10 DPO. Maybe I’m still getting back into the swing of things after the IUD came out in February...

20. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@MsHangry: Sorry. Good luck for next cycle.

21. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

So...yesterday, at 9 dpo, I was getting the itch to POAS so I bought a dollar store cheapie. A shadow showed up in approximately 10 minutes and I convinced myself it was an evap. But this morning, I dug out my last FRER and this happened:

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Raspberry: congrats!!

23. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@Raspberry: yay! Congrats!

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MsHangry: Sorry! It's always a crap shoot the first few cycles after birth control.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Raspberry: Congratulations!!!

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I finally remembered to talk to my husband about the nerve ablation. His was just a needle in the back, but it turns out that my FIL has had the very procedure you will get, and apparently he wasn't a big deal at all. He felt much better after and he didn't have a hard time with the actual procedure and hes a 67 year old 2 pack a day smoker that is in crap shape... So you should be golden.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

POAS dates:

Lily of the West: 5/1
    Kaohinani: 5/1
    MsHangry: 5/1
    Sam's Mom: 5/4
    Raspberry: 5/4
    FaithLove224: 5/5
    Spinny: 5/7
    AFC061018: 5/11
    LBARN: 5/11
    LAZB: 5/12ish?
    DrPepper: 5/25
    MDF106: 5/29
    MAMABEAR87: TBD
    Shantuck: TBD

Best of luck to everyone!

Lily of the West Raspberry

28. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@MamaBear87: @Shantuck: @Sams Mom: Thank you so much. Wishing the same luck to all of you!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Raspberry: Congratulations! 🎈🌌🎉🎊. How exciting! 😁

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MsHangry: So sorry to read this. Keep positive... the sooner that AF ends, the sooner you will OV and (statistically) chances are better this up-and-coming month since you are a month further "adjusted" hormonally after getting off of BC. I am keeping my F'x for you.

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: the procedure is pretty routine apparently. But I'm still unnerved by someone sticking something in my heart and messing with it. No surgery dealing with a vital organs seems routine to me. But thanks for the anecdote, makes me feel better that I'm in better health than someone else they did it on ☺.

32. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you!!

Who knows, maybe I get to POAS twice in May...

33. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Raspberry: congratulations!!

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Raspberry: congratulations!

35. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@Kaohinani: @MsHangry: @LAZB: Thanks so much. I’m trying to keep my excitement in check. It’s been a year and half of TTC including an MC and a chemical. I’m feeling really optimistic this time, though.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Is AF stil MIA?

37. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MsHangry: That is too bad. You should get to POAS again in May, unless you have a long cycle.

@Raspberry: Congratulations!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes, Ma'am. AF is MIA. Thanks for inquiring. I keep thinking she's going to come simply because I'm "crampy." But, then again, I've been that way since the 23rd of last month. Lol. Keeping positive though - everything will turn out.

39. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

Congrats on the BFP’s and positive dust to those waiting to test!!! I took this test yesterday, but the line was darker today just forgot to take a pic. Baby was made in Hawaii so it will be a special one if it sticks 🤞

40. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

@Kaohinani: sending positive vibes towards your way, hoping this is your lucky month 😊 I also felt very crampy this cycle, I had cramps and a lot of back pain and other symptoms that made me believe I was out so hang in there.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee