Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MaryM: what a drag. I'm so sorry. Do you think your spotting is progesterone related? I hope you get some answers soon.

2. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@pinkcupcake: for my first pregnancy, I had zero symptoms until after I got my bfp and even after bfp my symptoms were pretty mild. So don't count yourself out just because you have no symptoms!

@oliviaoblivia: I must have missed your announcement. Congrats!

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm starting to think it may be.

Last month, it stopped after O so I thought it probably wasn't (I figured a rise in P made the spotting go away)...but it's been 30 straight days of it now, and my temps haven't been as high post O this cycle.

Even if I can't get in to see the doctor until June, I'm thinking about calling the nurses line to see if they can ask him if I can at least try taking progesterone after O next month if the spotting sticks around. I have a round left over from before my MC, so it would be easy enough to take it (and that ish isn't cheap so I'd prefer to use it before it expires!)

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@NerdBee: Thanks! Good luck TTC #2! We should plan a spring meetup.

5. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@pinkcupcake - no symptoms for me at all, same as with DD #1. good luck!

6. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@pinkcupcake: I had sore breasts, which is also a AF symptom for me but it never went away (still have it off and on). I was also extremely bloated at 11dpo.. I could barely button my pants and get my shoes on! It went away the next day but I think it was that along with realizing my spotting had slowed significantly that made me test the next day.

If anyone is curious, these are the things I did differently my BFP cycle:
    -vitex (started taking it in the LP of the previous cycle)
    -switched from new chapter prenatals to rainbow lite
    -BD two days on, one day off
    -eating lots of dark chocolate, walnuts, sesame seeds, kale and honey during tww (recommendation from @theotherstark )

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

As far as what I did differently...
    For both DD and this pregnancy I gave up caffeine. I doubt that did it but you never know. For DD we had two unsuccessful NTNP cycles and one perfectly timed ED unsuccessful cycles. BFP when I gave up coffee. This go round we had three perfectly timed unsuccessful cycles where I drank coffee and my BFP arrived on the cycle I gave it up.

8. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@ValentineMommy: Congrats! That is a great line!

@MaryM: Hope you get some answers soon!

OPK still looking the same over here at CD 20. This cycle is so weird and frustrating after last month was a perfect cycle that of course we skipped.

9. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@oliviaoblivia: aw man, I looove coffee if I don't get a bfp this cycle, maybe I'll try cutting back...

@Anya: @MrsTiger: @NerdBee: thank you for that info!

10. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: I just got a peak finally at CD21. I really thought my monitor missed it. So we might be dd twins of we do end up KU this month.

I'm not very optimistic for myself because late ovulations and short LPs have been my curse lately BUT we did dtd last night hubby prompted so at least I know we covered our bases even on this wackadoo laid back cycle.

Oh and the monitor stick lines look no different to me so I'm not sure they mean much. Next month I will definitely use OPKs as well.

11. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkcupcake: I hope your signs mean good things. At 11DPO I had very sore nipples and the slightest IB. It all cleared up very quickly after that and at the time I thought it was odd but didn't expect to be pregnant.

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pinkcupcake: I had TONS of symptoms, as did I with my first. However, I've had several doctors call my hypersensitive. Lol

I had cramps, pinching pain around my belly button, super hunger/grumbly stomach, super irritable (uncharacteristically bad), bb aches, gassy, nausea....the works. I have a day by day dpo list if you are that interested

13. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@ValentineMommy: congrats!

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Can I just say how thankful I am for a flexible spending account??

I love that TTC materials are covered by an FSA, and that it makes it possible for me to order them without having DH ask why on earth I'm spending so much money at Amazon. lol

I bit the bullet and got Wandfos (because CVS cheapies were starting to not be so cheap anymore!) and got some digital OPKs to confirm I'm reading the cheap ones correctly.

15. googly-eyes

@oliviaoblivia: that's really interesting! I drink coffee daily..hope I don't have to give it up!

@MrsMccarthy: good luck!

16. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Yay for peak! I'm getting really frustrated with how many OPKs I've already gone through this cycle... but hoping my surge is just around the corner.

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Yay for your peak!!!! FX!!

18. HellOnHeels

clementine / 899 posts

@ValentineMommy: Congrats! FX for a sticky babe!

Stark white neg on a FRER today at 12DPO. Couldn't help myself. I know most say you're not out til AF shows but I'm just not feeling it. It's a huge bummer.. DH is going to get super busy with work soon so I'm afraid we won't be able to BD as often the next cycle. Maybe it's time for a break anyway...

19. googly-eyes

@HellOnHeels: I'm sorry. Hope you are proven wrong though. I know what you mean about busy work schedules and ttc. It wasn't even something I thought about when deciding to ttc but it has been an issue.

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@HellOnHeels: You could be proven wrong - I was!!

21. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@ValentineMommy: congratulations!!

22. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: I hope so too! Maybe tomorrow??? I will have my fc for you.

@ValentineMommy: thanks. As I said late ovulations haven't bode well for me but I know it can happen and has for many so we shall see.

@HellOnHeels: I'm so sorry. For what it's worth this break has been really nice for me. I hope you aren't put but if you are then I hope you have some fun things planned for yourself up take the edge off.

23. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@googly-eyes: thank you!!! Same goes to you. FX!

24. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@ValentineMommy: Congrats!

25. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

Ugh, couldn't resist and tested today (at noon, after a 3 hour hold), at 9 DPO - totally white

@HellOnHeels: I feel ya I don't feel very hopeful this cycle either. Le sigh.

26. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@ValentineMommy: congrats

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@valentinemommy: congrats!

today has been a day full of positives, in addition to valentinemommy here, there were *three* this morning on the 6mos+ board!

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkcupcake: don't feel bad. We all do it. Signs you are having could be implantation which usually takes a couple of days to show up on a test. Good luck!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: This is awesome! Congrats!

30. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

Hi ladies - I'm out! AF came first thing this morning a day early. Only good thing is that I didn't waste any money on a FRER this month! Good luck to everyone else! Will keep cheering you on from the sidelines

31. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Annette: boo, but it is nice knowing money wasn't wasted. next cycle.

32. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Thanks! It would be fun to have another meet up

@Annette: Sorry about AF. Good luck next cycle!

@pinkcupcake: 9dpo is still really early. Don't count yourself out yet. Hang in there!

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

My temp was super high this morning so I went ahead a POAS (I'm 11dpo)...very negative

But after that, I figured maybe my temp was up because DH woke me at 5 (I temp at 7) with his AWFUL snoring.

I was SO ready for a fight after leaving a passive aggressive note asking him to please call his doctor about a sleep study (I've asked SO many times before. It's all I asked for one year for my birthday, Christmas, AND anniversary).

I'm shocked he actually did it. Now let's see if he actually follow through (he talked to her once before about it...but other health problems came up so I wasn't about to hound him then...but now it's been a year since then)

So I'm cranky and emotional. My guess is AF is arriving very very soon!

34. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@MaryM: ugh, I'm
    Sorry I just saw another bfn this morning too, at 10 dpo. Sucks sucks sucks

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pinkcupcake: Don't forget I had bfn's until 11dpo, didn't test 12dpo, and got my BFP on 13dpo! It could still happen.

I ended up taking a 3rd preg test (digital) and got the "pregnant" confirmation!

36. Tam

grape / 92 posts

Well, I tested this morning at 13 DPO and got a disappointing BFN. again.

37. Tam

grape / 92 posts

@ValentineMommy: Congratulations doll. H & H 9 months.

38. Tam

grape / 92 posts

@pinkcupcake: I know the feeling but 10 DPO is still kinda early, so there is still hope.

@Crystal: Hello, when will you be testing ?

39. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@ValentineMommy: thanks for the encouragement! Trying not to lose hope but... Man, I forgot how hard it is to see the stark white. I'm gonna cuddle my baby girl extra today to try to cheer myself up congrats again! Isn't it so fun to see the word pregnant?!

40. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@Tam: thank you, and I'm sorry for your bfn boooo.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee